WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett Regatta anyone?

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the OFFICIAL Hallett regatta at Mead?
Would you go again?
How was the experience?
Post some pictures!

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
On hold due the economy. Maybe this year? Heard mixed reviews on the experience. It has been on Fathers Day weekend in the past so it's a no go for me.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Haven't heard if they are having one next year or not. They are usually every other year so hoping there is one next year and yes, I will be going! :thumbsup

Nordie

Reaction score
Was on mead I forget one summer for fathers day weekend and they had it. There was constant 5-6 footers and had to watch a very nice v-drive cruiser decide to head back out into that water, watched it sink. All I could do is be helpless as I had an 18 foot boat at the time...part that did piss me off was watching several 270's and 300's drive right by...finally someone hooked onto it, then the rope snapped...finally another boat hooked onto it and pulled it back into swallow cove.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Was on mead I forget one summer for fathers day weekend and they had it. There was constant 5-6 footers and had to watch a very nice v-drive cruiser decide to head back out into that water, watched it sink. All I could do is be helpless as I had an 18 foot boat at the time...part that did piss me off was watching several 270's and 300's drive right by...finally someone hooked onto it, then the rope snapped...finally another boat hooked onto it and pulled it back into swallow cove.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Sucks when you can't help in a situation like that! I have had several 210 owners tell me the card stops were so far apart they did not have the range. Add in the waves you talked about when you may be 30 miles from a launch ramp!

Hopefully someone who has participated will post their experience.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My buddy had a 210 and he would rant and rave about the regattas. Said out of all the mfg regattas he had ever been too none compared. Fully catered by in n out, the 150' of hallett display and a host of other things. He had me on the line so hard to goto this thing I wanted to buy an old pos just to be able to goto it. (seriously!)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
A 210 with big power has always been one of the boats I want to own.

Liquid Life

Reaction score
We went to the one in 2005. The poker run was well over 100 miles and we didnt even make it to all the card stops. We did make it all the way up to Overtons and hung out for awhile at Hallett beach. The after party was incredible, all you can eat and drink (In N Out Burgers, sodas, beer, & ice cream) games and entertainment too. They gave out a ton of prizes/gifts (seemed like at least 1 person in every group got a prize/gift). I would like to see Hallett have their official regatta in Havasu. I like Mead, but it makes a long weekend towing from Phx. to Mead. There are some big grades to climb (going both ways).

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
We went to the one in 2005. The poker run was well over 100 miles and we didnt even make it to all the card stops. We did make it all the way up to Overtons and hung out for awhile at Hallett beach. The after party was incredible, all you can eat and drink (In N Out Burgers, sodas, beer, & ice cream) games and entertainment too. They gave out a ton of prizes/gifts (seemed like at least 1 person in every group got a prize/gift). I would like to see Hallett have their official regatta in Havasu. I like Mead, but it makes a long weekend towing from Phx. to Mead. There are some big grades to climb (going both ways).

What did you run at the regatta? Post some pictures of your ride! I am not opposed to the Havasu location for the regatta thats for sure! Too bad I don't like In N Out!

Liquid Life

Reaction score
We did the run in a 1993 240. hp5.jpg

240Hallett

Reaction score
We went to one about 10 years ago. Party was great! The lake sucked!! Had a bubble deck jet then which probably made it suck more. I would definitely do one at Havasu. Mead...not likely

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
We went to one about 10 years ago. Party was great! The lake sucked!! Had a bubble deck jet then which probably made it suck more. I would definitely do one at Havasu. Mead...not likely

Another vote for Havasu! :thumbsup

240Hallett

Reaction score
There are 3 other Hallett owners in our crowd that would agree with the Havasu thing:thumbsup

Liquid Life

Reaction score
In 2005 the after party was held at a nice park in Boulder City. Lately, it seems like a lot more Halletts have been appearing in Havasu and Parker. I wounder what the actual deciding factor is for Hallett to have their regatta at Mead. Have they ever looked into or considered Havasu?

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
In 2005 the after party was held at a nice park in Boulder City. Lately, it seems like a lot more Halletts have been appearing in Havasu and Parker. I wounder what the actual deciding factor is for Hallett to have their regatta at Mead. Have they ever looked into or considered Havasu?

Maybe everyone should start emailing Hallett?:thumbsup

skav

Reaction score

Why all the hate for Mead? I'd go to either lake for a regatta. Plus it's pretty cool that they have their own beach at Mead.

My brother beached his Cole along side my Hallett, and his battery was dead when he tried to leave.

Coincidence? I think not!;)

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Why all the hate for Mead? I'd go to either lake for a regatta. Plus it's pretty cool that they have their own beach at Mead.

My brother beached his Cole along side my Hallett, and his battery was dead when he tried to leave.

Lol the power of Hallett!

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score

No hate, just lazy! Regatta in my backyard! :thumbsup:D

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I've been going on and off since my first 1990 240 , they have always been top - notch and
fun ! Lake Mead is huge , but you don't have to go to all the card stops , I usually don't . The
party held at the park in Boulder City is awesome , it's really fun and full-filling to be appreciated
by a manufacture .

Hallett285

Reaction score
Never been to one, but would like to go if they had one...

Havasu would be good because that where we always are....

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Never been to one, but would like to go if they had one...

Havasu would be good because that where we always are....

Welcome to the forum and to RDP!

So a new to you Hallett? Upgrade from a smaller Hallett or 1st Hallett?

Desertwater

I Hate Memberships
Reaction score
Jerry is a Mead guy so my guess is if it's an official Hallett regatta that's where it'll be. Be it Mead, Havasu or wherever it's always a pleasure to look at anything that has a Hallett badge. :thumbup:

skav

Reaction score
Like I said before, I'm good where ever it is. That bring said, Mead deffinately has more Hallett's than I've seen anywhere else.

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
Been going since 1993. Always on Fathers day weekend every other year and a blast as stated previously here. Mead is the lake of choice for Hallet as Nick owns a home there and lots of people keep their boats there in his storage facility.
It's a big lake that can turn nasty but the Halletts are built for big water.
Party is always great but with this economy, tuff to spend that kind of money with very few new boat builds.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Someone needs to talk to Jerry at the boat show this weekend... Let get something on the calendar. I vote Havasu. :D

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Ok I will go with you and video the discussion. Should be fun fo watch probably go viral.:D:thumbup:

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapa

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Someone needs to talk to Jerry at the boat show this weekend... Let get something on the calendar. I vote Havasu. :D

Any lake is good . let's just have the regatta ! But I'm guessing if they have one , it will be Mead .

78cole

Reaction score
hey Old Man Havasu lets do one of you unofficials again like you put together at Moabi

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Tradition is the first weekend in May. May 4th this year. Anybody interested?