WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guess I am out of the loop on Holiday Weekends

Dannyo

Reaction score
Knew it would be busy so heading up river around 9am. Pretty quiet and thought this wasn't too bad. Well, by 11am, boat after boat going to pirates so started to head south at 12. Beaches packed, little sandbar packed, gorge packed. Figured cruise through channel and it would be quieter.. Nope, it was a zoo! Pulled out at 3:30 😄

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We didn’t go out this weekend but the town itself didn’t seem busy at all for a holiday.

RD

Dannyo

Reaction score
One boat was spewing exhaust fumes. I don't know how people sit in channel all day and breathe that crap.🤪

Havasujaws

Reaction score
Channel was a zoo like normal. Rest of the lake wasn’t bad
Agree. We went south Sunday, then up to pirates today. Not bad at all especially on the way back from pirates at 230. Tomorrow should be awesome

JFMFG

Reaction score
We didn’t go out this weekend but the town itself didn’t seem busy at all for a holiday.

RD
Channel was packed we ran up to pirate Saturday it was a shit show.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I saw a posting on FB from someone who was parked in a channel spot at 230 in the the morning. F'ing ridiculous.

ChrisV

Reaction score
First time ever going on a holiday and it wasn’t too bad. Only thing that sucked was launching the boat. Springs dock is small so sucks when it’s packed. Other than that kids had a blast and they dgaf if it’s busy.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
First time ever going on a holiday and it wasn’t too bad. Only thing that sucked was launching the boat. Springs dock is small so sucks when it’s packed. Other than that kids had a blast and they dgaf if it’s busy.
Well worth using Catail Cove to launch, gave up on the springs to launch.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Well worth using Catail Cove to launch, gave up on the springs to launch.

I’ll keep that in mind next time. Cattail isn’t far at all.

Still have not used it. But we did check it out as far as the layout. I’d say it is a solid plan especially for you guys coming in from the south side of town. 👍 We didn’t have much drama launching at 7am and retreating was about 4 trucks deep at 7:30 pm. All this at Windsor. 👍

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Son caught his 1st fish this weekend off the docks in needles. Then he caught 6 more, 1 was pretty big and fought him good. Awesome weekend hanging out on the water

20240831_175937.jpg
20240901_173338.jpg
20240901_182529.jpg

Last edited:

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Still have not used it. But we did check it out as far as the layout. I’d say it is a solid plan especially for you guys coming in from the south side of town. 👍 We didn’t have much drama launching at 7am and retreating was about 4 trucks deep at 7:30 pm. All this at Windsor. 👍
We come up from Parker, Catail has better ramps, nice people running the show and much better parking, especially if you have a long rig.
Once we get off the water usually stop at the Springs for dinner on our way back home.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I never left the house the whole weekend. Other than take my dogs up to PetSmart for their regular baths and stopped at the airport to drop some stuff off in the hanger. Other than that I drove down the street to circle k to get my cigs. Never left the house vegetate and chill just answering the phones. Sure was nice.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I went to Topock on Sunday, there were 20 law enforcement boats at the north end of the channel, not sure why. The sandbar and the new sandbar were packed, the beaches at the gorge were packed, and tons of traffic on the river. Topock 66 was not crazy busy though, seemed like everyone was out enjoying the day. The channel was normal holiday busy, overall a pretty nice day. Got my wish of being shot with a super soaker so my weekend was complete. I drove out from Phoenix Sat night and back Mon morning , turn and burn weekend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I went to Topock on Sunday, there were 20 law enforcement boats at the north end of the channel, not sure why. The sandbar and the new sandbar were packed, the beaches at the gorge were packed, and tons of traffic on the river. Topock 66 was not crazy busy though, seemed like everyone was out enjoying the day. The channel was normal holiday busy, overall a pretty nice day. Got my wish of being shot with a super soaker so my weekend was complete. I drove out from Phoenix Sat night and back Mon morning , turn and burn weekend.

20?

Rivrat

Reaction score
I’ll keep that in mind next time. Cattail isn’t far at all.
Take off point has a nice big dock to tie while parking the truck. I like that spot the best on the south side of the lake.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That’s cat tail?
Take off you would head to the dam like you were going to cross over to CA side. Before dam you turn right to Take off. It's much closer than cattail for me but I can't cross dam with boat in tow. Otherwise it would be 15 minutes to launch on the lake.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
It’s a free launch area, can leave truck and trailer for up to 72 hours or something like that.
Yeah but very limited parking and mainly for smaller trailers. Still it’s the easy way for strip boaters on the AZ side to get on the lake fast and easy.

Arrive early, leave late, you be golden.

PaPaG

Reaction score
River above Needles was a zoo after noon on Saturday and Sunday til around 5-6pm, so many close calls it amazed us that no one we saw got into a wreck, crazy to watch how some of these boat and lice owners are oblivious to any safety guidelines passing oncoming vessels at speed with only 3-5 feet of room between them when there is over 150 feet of river they can safely pass on, just sat in amazement at these idiots.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
River above Needles was a zoo after noon on Saturday and Sunday til around 5-6pm, so many close calls it amazed us that no one we saw got into a wreck, crazy to watch how some of these boat and lice owners are oblivious to any safety guidelines passing oncoming vessels at speed with only 3-5 feet of room between them when there is over 150 feet of river they can safely pass on, just sat in amazement at these idiots.

That’s Parker on a Wednesday mid January lol

Boat Potato

Reaction score
We were in parker and it wasn't bad at all. I didn't have any lake lice cut in front of me like normal, and traffic up and down the river was pretty calm. We were able to pull right up to the dock at road runner for breakfast every day with plenty of parking and no wait. I refuse to pull the kids on a tube on a holiday weekend, but in the afternoon right in front of the house I was able to pull them for a good 45 minutes with hardly any boats out. It was nice.
20240831_104209.jpg 20240831_181218.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Knew it would be busy so heading up river around 9am. Pretty quiet and thought this wasn't too bad. Well, by 11am, boat after boat going to pirates so started to head south at 12. Beaches packed, little sandbar packed, gorge packed. Figured cruise through channel and it would be quieter.. Nope, it was a zoo! Pulled out at 3:30 😄

Here is how I do most holiday weekends... Knew it would be busy, did the lake on Friday and went to work Saturday and Sunday. Come back Monday when everyone is leaving. :D

Dannyo

Reaction score
Here is how I do most holiday weekends... Knew it would be busy, did the lake on Friday and went to work Saturday and Sunday. Come back Monday when everyone is leaving. :D
Usually do that but wasn't in the cards this year, hence I was out of the loop😅

mbrown2

Reaction score
I did not feel it was any busier than a normal holiday weekend... We were in Parker and it is great all of the bars are open so there is normally parking without too much trouble even on a holiday weekend... Also during the Trump parade on Sunday; I waited till they all made it to the dam and then I headed to Roadrunner to get a spot, the river was open.... Literally Fox's Saturday, Roadrunner Sunday, Sandance Monday, a bit of boating, stand up jetsking and hanging on docks in between.

NicPaus

Reaction score
We were in parker and it wasn't bad at all. I didn't have any lake lice cut in front of me like normal, and traffic up and down the river was pretty calm. We were able to pull right up to the dock at road runner for breakfast every day with plenty of parking and no wait. I refuse to pull the kids on a tube on a holiday weekend, but in the afternoon right in front of the house I was able to pull them for a good 45 minutes with hardly any boats out. It was nice.
View attachment 1426115 View attachment 1426116
I yelled Boat Potato as I went by you. You were parked just below Castle rock.

We tubed Monday it was pretty empty by then. By Tuesday I let the Kids ride the ski with me to learn. There was maybe 10 boats on the whole river and 3 of the 5 skis were US. Crazy how empty it was by Tuesday. Weather was perfect and it's a ghost town. You would think some of the houses would be occupied as with that much money you can set your schedule. Tried to convince my Niece to stay until Wednesday but she refused to miss another day. At 12 I would of skipped all week.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
I yelled Boat Potato as I went by you. You were parked just below Castle rock.

We tubed Monday it was pretty empty by then. By Tuesday I let the Kids ride the ski with me to learn. There was maybe 10 boats on the whole river and 3 of the 5 skis were US. Crazy how empty it was by Tuesday. Weather was perfect and it's a ghost town. You would think some of the houses would be occupied as with that much money you can set your schedule. Tried to convince my Niece to stay until Wednesday but she refused to miss another day. At 12 I would of skipped all week.
You shoulda stopped for a cold beverage! I didn't see you. We usually hang out at that beach a lot.