WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Great Dane Needs a Home

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Buddy the Great Dane puppy is about 6 months old. He needs a loving home ASAP. He is located in Los Angeles, Ca. He is a lover and very smart. Please let me know if you can help. Even if you can only foster.
He is fixed.

Attachments

• BuddyPics 001.jpg
    BuddyPics 001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 467
  • BuddyPics 004.jpg
    BuddyPics 004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 505
  • BuddyPics 005.jpg
    BuddyPics 005.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 448
  • BuddyPics 006.jpg
    BuddyPics 006.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 483

sangermike

Reaction score
oh crap I need to hide this thread from my wife. our female is a twin to buddy and the wife wants a male.

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
oh crap I need to hide this thread from my wife. our female is a twin to buddy and the wife wants a male.

What was her email again??

Our Dane is not having it. Another dog in the house will not work out. She freaks if another dog looks at her toys, food, water, couch, front door...............

We fostered Buddy for 3 days. 2.5 days of that, Roxy stayed at her grandparents.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
where are you located? I'm in long beach and my cousin has a great dane and we just love it. Our current yorkie loves anything as well as our cat. I dont think it would be an issue. We could possibly help with the foster so you can bring your dog home, and maybe beyond that if everything goes right.

Perhaps we can meet up tonight/soon to see how things go and bring our little dog by. As you can tell by the pic shes very spoiled and gets everything should could ever want. haha.

How's potty training going?

75326_472048934832_500759832_5621323_8164102_n.jpg

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
where are you located? I'm in long beach and my cousin has a great dane and we just love it. Our current yorkie loves anything as well as our cat. I dont think it would be an issue. We could possibly help with the foster so you can bring your dog home, and maybe beyond that if everything goes right.

Perhaps we can meet up tonight/soon to see how things go and bring our little dog by. As you can tell by the pic shes very spoiled and gets everything should could ever want. haha.

How's potty training going?

75326_472048934832_500759832_5621323_8164102_n.jpg

Buddy is potty trained and very smart. He is a puppy and wants to play. He needs training, but picked up leash walking on one walk with us.
Email Kai at [email protected]

We are heading out of town tonight. Kai can set up a meeting and go from there. Buddy is with a couple in Los Feliz ish. It looks like my wife’s father will be taking him starting Sunday or Monday in Huntington Beach.

My wife and I will pay the adoption fee.

Great Dane's are inside dogs and need to be around humans. He currently barks when you leave due to separation anxiety. He needs a steady home to get over feeling alone.

sangermike

Reaction score
oh good im safe. :D our dane gets better treatment than the kids :rolleyes: and is the Qween of the house.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Buddy the Great Dane puppy is about 6 months old. He needs a loving home ASAP. He is located in Los Angeles, Ca. He is a lover and very smart. Please let me know if you can help. Even if you can only foster.
He is fixed.

Is Buddy still available ?

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Is Buddy still available ?

Buddy is still ready for a new home. My wife and I pulled back into town last night from the river and picked him up from the in laws. We can only foster him until Thursday.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Buddy is still ready for a new home. My wife and I pulled back into town last night from the river and picked him up from the in laws. We can only foster him until Thursday.

I checked out the site and I understand their policies in trying to make sure the animals go to a great home but they require far beyond what I am comfortable with before an adoption can be approved.

And boy did my wife already fall in love with Buddy...I should never have shown her his pictures... :( I guess it was not our time...
Thanks and hope Buddy finds a GREAT home...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I checked out the site and I understand their policies in trying to make sure the animals go to a great home but they require far beyond what I am comfortable with before an adoption can be approved.

And boy did my wife already fall in love with Buddy...I should never have shown her his pictures... :( I guess it was not our time...
Thanks and hope Buddy finds a GREAT home...

yeah i was given that lengthy form to fill out as well. "what happens if you move out of the country?" give me a break...

is this YOUR dog or are you acting on that adoption agencies behalf? just seems like a very strange situation... first the dog was at your house, then a friends house, then your grandparents had him, now he's back at your house...

im kinda confused on what the heck is going on...

PaPaG

Reaction score
yeah i was given that lengthy form to fill out as well. "what happens if you move out of the country?" give me a break...

is this YOUR dog or are you acting on that adoption agencies behalf? just seems like a very strange situation... first the dog was at your house, then a friends house, then your grandparents had him, now he's back at your house...

im kinda confused on what the heck is going on...

That and the fact that if you live out of town they send someone to your house to check it out...no need for strangers checking out my house no matter who they are....

Nelsonlaptop was fostering Buddy, his dog did not take kindly to having another one hanging out...

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
I am sorry the adoption process is so troublesome. My wife and I volunteer with Ace of Hearts whenever we can. We ended up fostering Buddy until an adopting couple could pick him up. That couple lived in an apartment, but because Buddy has separation anxiety, he barks and whines when you first leave the house. The neighbors of the apartment were complaining and it did not work out.

Due to being out of town, we had that couple drop him at our in laws to Foster for a couple days until we returned. Because our dog has a major issue with sharing, Buddy is now with us and our Dane is in Huntington with the in laws.

At this point, we are watching Buddy until Thursday. We are hoping someone will take Buddy before Thursday so he does not need to be shuffled to yet another Foster.

Ace of Hearts is trying to avoid having the dogs go to another abusive or unsuitable home. They truly care for each dog and want their Forever Home to just that.

If all dogs were this hard to get, we wouldn't need Ace of Hearts.

Thank you very much,
Nelsonlaptop

PaPaG

Reaction score
I am sorry the adoption process is so troublesome. My wife and I volunteer with Ace of Hearts whenever we can. We ended up fostering Buddy until an adopting couple could pick him up. That couple lived in an apartment, but because Buddy has separation anxiety, he barks and whines when you first leave the house. The neighbors of the apartment were complaining and it did not work out.

Due to being out of town, we had that couple drop him at our in laws to Foster for a couple days until we returned. Because our dog has a major issue with sharing, Buddy is now with us and our Dane is in Huntington with the in laws.

At this point, we are watching Buddy until Thursday. We are hoping someone will take Buddy before Thursday so he does not need to be shuffled to yet another Foster.

Ace of Hearts is trying to avoid having the dogs go to another abusive or unsuitable home. They truly care for each dog and want their Forever Home to just that.

If all dogs were this hard to get, we wouldn't need Ace of Hearts.

Thank you very much,
Nelsonlaptop

Very true, sorry it could not work out for us we both fell for him the second we saw his face.... That is very STAND UP of you guys to foster...I wish Buddy great luck finding a great home....

John

better member
Reaction score
very nice looking Dane. I miss the two I had. Wish we could have another dog, but with our two babies we just don't have the time to give a new Dane the attention it will need in a new home. Good luck with the adoption.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My wife is with a animal rescue, as well. I can attest that if the long forms are not filled out completely, home inspections not done, or anything else isn't "up to snuff" the adoption won't happen.

Pure and simple: The dog is going through enough trauma with no forever home; going from stranger to stranger. The LAST thing any rescue foundation wants is to have to Re-re home an animal.

It sounds extreme, but it's in the best interest of the dog:(