WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good article about Western water issues and what's coming.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I agree, the problem cannot be fixed if not real...but leading others to believe they can lines the pockets. I'm not saying shut down, just shut off occasionally. Enough to give the impression there is a bigger problem. New straws need to be sunk, environmental studies conducted, property purchased...
As Andy DuFresne said about the warden, a thousand ways to skim off the top.

The masses in South Central could care less about low water levels on TV. Those places are in another state. Shut off water at set times or days to "force rationing", well then, the hood will be paying attention. They'll go to the polls and vote for billions of other peoples' money to be used to "fix" the problem. Just like every other time, just a new hook.

In CA they don’t need to do any of those theatrics anymore. The population will vote for nearly every tax hike against themselves and let the state government mismanage the money. Bullet train, ending homelessness, infrastructure, school funding… all that money with 0 solutions, and those issues have only gotten worse.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Maybe this is why Bill Gates and other billionaires are buying up farmland in other places. They know what is coming to the central valley of California.

What they elites are doing to gain control of farmland is criminal…

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What cracks me up about these enviro wackos is they are ramping up the doom and gloom now even though nothing has changed yet. Saying that we are seeing the effects of global warming….errr ….I meant climate change now.

All the so called “theories“ predict massive temperature increases in the future. Little to nothing has occurred yet. So any changes would occur in some future period when the increases actually occurs later.

However we want to scare everyone now so even though nothing has changed yet let’s blame everything bad on climate change (that has not occurred yet)

classic

2Driver

Reaction score
Chill out people the government will solve this effectively and efficiently over time.

Just like they have done with: Public education, Crime, drug trafficking, Covid response, reducing dependence on welfare, inflation, energy independence, border security and the US Debt.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
That will never happen because as you said it is being done on purpose. Havasu can’t fluctuate much. If it did, it could not feed the aqueduct, and without the aqueduct LA has no water.

That is not gonna happen.
What makes you so sure?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What makes you so sure?

About what part?

MWD owns the pumping station. Havasu has a 4 foot window of where water needs to stay or the pumping station needs more energy to pump the same amount of water. Havasu is the last reservoir on the river and also the smallest, and not that deep. It will be full the longest and is constantly at or near full pool regardless of what is happening up stream.

There will be riots in the streets and a complete breakdown of society in 72 hours if water shuts off to LA.

If we were that close to that happening they would be doing more than writing you a ticket for watering yore grass more than once a week, wouldn’t you say?

We shut down the world in an instant for nothing based on inaccurate Covid modeling. No water to drink for LA is a way worse problem than that.

Last edited:

Jim

Reaction score
The Cali "gimme gimme" libs hope it gets worse. Then Newsome convinces the Feds its a National emergency. FEMA steps in,,,,,
Much like the N.O. crackheads in La. after Katrina. They got everyhting and paid for nothing.
Look what they did over there, in Rhyad, or Kuwait or S.A. They're garden spots, luss with green golf courses and fountains.
They built DeSal plants near the water.
Cali knows what they need. They just dont want to pay for it.....
If they wait, and it gets worse. Uncle Sam will.....

Trump built the fence on the wrong border.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
All these climate change goons running around claiming the ice is melting and will raise ocean levels dramatically resulting in extreme flooding...

... yet all of them either own, or recently purchased, ocean front property 😂

They only target the law-abiding middle class tax payer to pay for this shit but utilize the poor and rich to stay in office.

I don’t pay attention to what they say but instead monitor their actions. Their actions tell you their goals, Fuck them!

Tom Slick

Reaction score
About what part?

MWD owns the pumping station. Havasu has a 4 foot window of where water needs to stay or the pumping station needs more energy to pump the same amount of water. Havasu is the last reservoir on the river and also the smallest, and not that deep. It will be full the longest and is constantly at or near full pool regardless of what is happening up stream.

There will be riots in the streets and a complete breakdown of society in 72 hours if water shuts off to LA.

If we were that close to that happening they would be doing more than writing you a ticket for watering yore grass more than once a week, wouldn’t you say?

We shut down the world in an instant for based on inaccurate Covid modeling. No water to drink is way worse than that.
Sadly, I think they may want just that. I certainly hope not, but what explains the massive amount of water that has been flowing down the lower river for the past year or so? The dock at my families Blythe house normally sits at a 45* angle. It has been straight horizontal for at least a year now. In fact, the LA Times recently published an article about yet another environmental study by allowing massive flows down river to the Mexican Delta. The article claims that the increased flow began in May 1st and is scheduled to continue to September. Common sense tells me that keeping water in Mead is far more important than a study in Mexico. And of course the conspiracy theorist in me says the study is just an alibi for draining Mead.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sadly, I think they may want just that. I certainly hope not, but what explains the massive amount of water that has been flowing down the lower river for the past year or so? The dock at my families Blythe house normally sits at a 45* angle. It has been straight horizontal for at least a year now. In fact, the LA Times recently published an article about yet another environmental study by allowing massive flows down river to the Mexican Delta. The article claims that the increased flow began in May 1st and is scheduled to continue to September. Common sense tells me that keeping water in Mead is far more important than a study in Mexico. And of course the conspiracy theorist in me says the study is just an alibi for draining Mead.

My take - they want it low enough to keep the narrative going. They have to. They need it to. They want to make it feel like we are on the brink of disaster. Just like we are with climate change. Just like we were with Covid. The oceans aren’t rising like they prognosticated for the last 20 years. There needs to be another crisis to get people to pay attention to the climate change religion.

I remember reading a report 10-12 years ago about a study the greens did that the government of course adopted that talked about all the harm holding water in reservoirs did and how it was the most inefficient way to store water. I can’t find it today, I will have to keep looking.

I’ve said this a bunch of times. - 3 years ago every reservoir in CA was 100% full. They said we had water for 5 years. Now it is all gone, it lasted less than half as long as they said it would. What happened? They let all the water out.

The Feds do the same thing. You want to retain water? Don’t let more out than flows in.

If there was a problem they should be building desal plants up and down the CA coast.

1manshow

Reaction score
What they elites are doing to gain control of farmland is criminal…

For California It’s gonna get worse before it gets better. The plan in place to fallow up to 1.5 MILLION acres of the most productive farm ground in the Central Valley by 2040.. we have already started reducing the acres we farm in our district due to the new laws that started in 2020… First our Government took away our surface water and let it flow to the ocean and now with SIGMA the are limiting ground water pumping and to top it off started charging us for the water we pump. Cheap water = cheap food which is a thing of the past. Unfortunately Prices will only continue to rise for everyone until the state gets their shit together and builds more infrastructure for those wet years.