WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gold

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about gold prices taking a massive jump in a week?

traquer

Reaction score
Not massive, still very "normal" but I hope it gets rallying!!

1684198406207.png

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not sure about the price, but there's a new gold rush in Placerville because of the snopak.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
If anyone wants to pay spot I'm your huckleberry......

Buying and holding is easy but the problem with physical Gold & Silver is sellling. 85% - 90% of spot is the going rate.

Yes I know you can buy stocks or options but anyone who buying without taking physical possession is buying for different reasons than I am.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
If anyone wants to pay spot I'm your huckleberry......

Buying and holding is easy but the problem with physical Gold & Silver is sellling. 85% - 90% of spot is the going rate.

Yes I know you can buy stocks or options but anyone who buying without taking physical possession is buying for different reasons than I am.
JM pays pretty close to spot on quite a few types of bullion and in the case of Buffalos and a couple of others, often above.

That said, it’s pretty close to impossible to buy at spot as well.

Track Man

Reaction score
Last I checked I could get five dollars plus over spot. Same as silver over spot. I follow a guy on YouTube. He’s always calling dealers seeing how much he can get for gold and silver. Last time I called the dealer in Havasu they were paying over a spot.

78DiMarco

Reaction score
dropping back now but I would expect this with the recent rise... and in the coming days and weeks I expect it goes back up to new highs...

1701706164328.png

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I've been buying it from the source, the prospectors that come in and drink at the Joint in Randsberg.

Enen

Reaction score
JM pays pretty close to spot on quite a few types of bullion and in the case of Buffalos and a couple of others, often above.

That said, it’s pretty close to impossible to buy at spot as well.

Physical gold and silver does not trade at spot price. That is an incorrect assumption that people continue to make.
I am a dealer and my dealer cost ranges between 3 and 23% over spot, depending on the type of gold. Then the dealer marks it up to make their margin.

In the industry, spot = melt and the Comex Future price ( spot) is referred to as "melt price" by dealers/ wholesalers. If you take a coin or a bar and melt it into liquid form spot price is what it would be worth.

JM / SD and others pretty much sell at dealer cost. They don't actually make money selling the product, their money is made from hedging and monetizing client data. Some people don't care about that because they get it cheaper. I strongly encourage you to read the fine print in their Terms and Conditions.

Selling should be Melt +. If you are calling coin shops and dealers, they are going to assume you don't know what you are doing and offer you 80-90% of market. Wholesale market is currently bidding 2% over melt for gold Buffalos, and +1.25% for Gold Eagles. So the dealer offering you 80% will wholesale them at 101.25% or 102%.

If you are decent at negotiating, you will get Melt + when selling.

azsunfun

Reaction score
Getting in early on silver, I'm anticipating good times ahead.