WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fucking LA county.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

hallett21

Reaction score
Can’t read the article without a sign in.

But if you have taken the CCW class they bring this up. If you come out of your home and engage you will be in trouble. The front yard even though its private property it’s still public. Not the same as the backyard or garage.
Idk why but I always thought a fence or walls extended your “domicile”.

That’s not the case I take it?

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Idk why but I always thought a fence or walls extended your “domicile”.

That’s not the case I take it?

The term is open to the public.... yes it is private property but if it is open to the public it is viewed differently. The old saying use to be if the mail man would assume he could walk there to make a delivery it is open to the public.

hallett21

Reaction score
The term is open to the public.... yes it is private property but if it is open to the public it is viewed differently. The old saying use to be if the mail man would assume he could walk there to make a delivery it is open to the public.
So if you had a mailbox on the exterior of the wall/fence, vehicle gate and mag locked pedestrian gate (both key pad or clicker controlled). Does that change anything? Since now someone has to knowingly jump the wall etc to get in.

timstoy

Reaction score
The brother came at him pointing a gun at him. He was in fear for his family and his life! Brother found out whitey had a gun and knew how to use it. The brothers ran like the cowards they are! Unfortunately in LA county and California the homeowner will probably be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. What about the homeowners rights?

4Waters

Reaction score
The brother came at him pointing a gun at him. He was in fear for his family and his life! Brother found out whitey had a gun and knew how to use it. The brothers ran like the cowards they are! Unfortunately in LA county and California the homeowner will probably be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. What about the homeowners rights?
Homeowners like that kill democrat votes

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
So if you had a mailbox on the exterior of the wall/fence, vehicle gate and mag locked pedestrian gate (both key pad or clicker controlled). Does that change anything? Since now someone has to knowingly jump the wall etc to get in.

Simply put..... Yes.
It is a VERY complicated issue with terms like "Public access," "Threshold," and "Private" but as an example both trespassing (CPC 602) and drunk in public (CPC 647(f)) have definitions and case law which define public assess. Yes in California you can be drunknin public in your own front yard and no someone is not tresspassing by standing on your porch or driveway (Unless there is a clear barrier to entry or they have asked to leave and they refuse).

77charger

Reaction score
I guess la county don’t care about protecting yourself.

This guy did not come out of his house and start firing he hadn’t even entered his home yet. I feel he did the right thing and was able to stay alive. There should be no action taken by any da or law enforcement

Now had he just came out of home shooting I can understand his Permit being taken. Of course in same case these guys entered his home armed guy is is gonna vent them and nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
Simply put..... Yes.
It is a VERY complicated issue with terms like "Public access," "Threshold," and "Private" but as an example both trespassing (CPC 602) and drunk in public (CPC 647(f)) have definitions and case law which define public assess. Yes in California you can be drunknin public in your own front yard and no someone is not tresspassing by standing on your porch or driveway (Unless there is a clear barrier to entry or they have asked to leave and they refuse).
Years ago in huntington beach cops were arresting for drunk in public in front yards. Thes were un fenced yards. The ones that were fenced well you were ok to drink.

Right after this I saw a lot of fences pop up lol. So the next Fourth of July they were prepared against the popo.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You poor bastards.

Seriously. It’s not even worth making jokes anymore.

You guys are missing the point.

What is the difference? You can open or concealed carry on your property. He was in his property, correct?

It seems one has nothing to do with the other, but CA has been waiting for a CCW holder to get in a shootout like this.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Isn’t it an issue in CA to protect yourself in your garage if the garage door is open? I believe I read the garage door has to be close to be considered part of your private property… not open to public.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Can’t read the article without a sign in.

But if you have taken the CCW class they bring this up. If you come out of your home and engage you will be in trouble. The front yard even though its private property it’s still public. Not the same as the backyard or garage.
Unless it’s fenced in

Either way, even inside your home means, motive and intent are required before you employ deadly force. We good guys walk a tight rope. If you don’t like it you can store your gun and ammo separately for safety and put 911 on speed dial.

1700321240400.gif

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
You poor bastards.
IDK about that. In Nevada, it’s illegal to carry concealed in your own home without a LTC and in AZ it’s illegal to carry in a place that serves alcohol without a CCW or on any of the Indian territory even with a LTC

hallett21

Reaction score
Seriously. It’s not even worth making jokes anymore.

You guys are missing the point.

What is the difference? You can open or concealed carry on your property. He was in his property, correct?

It seems one has nothing to do with the other, but CA has been waiting for a CCW holder to get in a shootout like this.
This isn’t the main reason for looking else where for us but…

2 nights ago my mom stopped by to say hi. As I was walking her out, a guy gets out of his car (parked in front of my house) and sorta yells at her “are you the homeowner?”. I say no I am, and he begins to sorta/kinda/maybe pitch me on solar. I explain I’m an electrical contractor and he sort of just brushes it off and says have a good one. Btw is 5:30 pm and almost dark

Guy goes directly across the street to one other house (no cars in the driveway) and then proceeds to have a 30 min phone call on the sidewalk. I watch him the whole time basically waiting for the other foot to drop. I’m fully convinced he was casing the neighborhood.

Now our German Shepard will do most of the work before I have to. But with a toddler I can’t exactly (and don’t want to) march around the house carrying.

l

dribble

Reaction score
Apparently it has nothing to do with the shoot.

Ricci told Fox News Digital that the sheriff's office called him Thursday morning to inform him his concealed carry permit was "revoked," and he said it was due to him "yelling" at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident. Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out "sloppy police" work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.

4Waters

Reaction score

Ricci told Fox News Digital that the sheriff's office called him Thursday morning to inform him his concealed carry permit was "revoked," and he said it was due to him "yelling" at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident. Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out "sloppy police" work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.
If true still not a good reason to revoke his CCW givin the situation that caused the shooting, that sounds like a sheriff Luna-tic call

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Isn’t it an issue in CA to protect yourself in your garage if the garage door is open? I believe I read the garage door has to be close to be considered part of your private property… not open to public.

It is not an issue to "Protect yourself" in the middle of a Walmart parking lot if you have clear articulatable facts that support your need for self defense. It is the totality of the situation based on a reasonable person with the same training and experiences would react. An open garage is less of a barrier to entry than a locked front door but if the facts support self defense it is self defense.

AKA don't shoot the 10 year old girl scout who wanders into your open garage but you should shoot the naked maniac who you just saw butcher someone with a machete and is not charging you in the middle of the street.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score

Emotional stability is the #1 factor in a CCW. Training, experience, Hell even need, is a far second.

I was not there and won't judge based on 2nd and 3rd hand accounts but yelling at the people investigating you for homicide does not seem emotionally stable.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I also saw Ricci and his wife interviewed on Fox News this morning. I understood him to say he was notified by a phone call, reportedly from LACSO, informing him his CCW had been revoked. They refused and/or did not provide anything in writing. Something seems to be missing here. If it was only a phone call, how does he know it was reallly the Sheriff's Office?

77charger

Reaction score
IDK about that. In Nevada, it’s illegal to carry concealed in your own home without a LTC and in AZ it’s illegal to carry in a place that serves alcohol without a CCW or on any of the Indian territory even with a LTC
Correct on az. But most bars here prohibit carry anyways. They are posted no firearms permit won’t matter in this case.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Correct on az. But most bars here prohibit carry anyways. They are posted no firearms permit won’t matter in this case.
In California, a no gun sign carries no weight of law. In Arizona, any properly posted no gun sign does carry the full weight of the law.

77charger

Reaction score
In California, a no gun sign carries no weight of law. In Arizona, any properly posted no gun sign does carry the full weight of the law.
Yeh not familiar with ca.But az the sign has to meet minimum requirements a paper just saying no guns allowed wont fly.Needs to be certain size,have the red slash through gun,and ars code always gotta look at lower corners of doors at entry too they like to hide them.So far havent seen a bar without one,I dont carry at one anyways but most other places i will.

rrrr

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of the madness that runs rampant in California.

dribble

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of the madness that runs rampant in California.
That does not mean that if someone comes your garage and tries to rob you, you have no right to protect yourself. What it means is that the CA Castle Doctrine does not apply if you walk out into your garage and catch someone stealing your lawnmower. Any legitimate threat to your safety is a legal reason to shoot anywhere.

rrrr

Reaction score
That does not mean that if someone comes your garage and tries to rob you, you have no right to protect yourself. What it means is that the CA Castle Doctrine does not apply if you walk out into your garage and catch someone stealing your lawnmower. Any legitimate threat to your safety is a legal reason to shoot anywhere.
In Texas, property rights and personal safety favor the victim, not the criminal. The use of deadly force is allowed in circumstances that would make elected California assembly officials and "activists" shit their pants.

In one of the more interesting examples, if a person observes his car being burglarized in an apartment parking lot at night from a second story window, it is legal to shoot to kill, even as the thief enters a vehicle to drive away. That action isn't legal during daylight hours.

When this occurs, the outcry of the family and "activists" defending the dead, usually a guy named Dindo Nuffin, is deafening.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
In Texas, property rights and personal safety favornthe victim, not the criminal. The use of deadly force is allowed in circumstances that would make elected California assembly officials and "activists" shit their pants.

In one of the more interesting examples, if a person observes his car being burglarized in an apartment parking lot at night from a second story window, it is legal to shoot to kill, even as the thief enters a vehicle to drive away. That action isn't legal during daylight hours.

When this occurs, the outcry of the family and "activists" defending the dead, usually a guy named Dindo Nuffin, is deafening.
Meaning you can shoot from the window? Or do you have to engage them in the parking lot?

dribble

Reaction score
In Texas, property rights and personal safety favornthe victim, not the criminal. The use of deadly force is allowed in circumstances that would make elected California assembly officials and "activists" shit their pants.

Where I don't disagree with this, I would never shoot anybody for trying to steal my stuff. I might confront them and when they attacked me I of course would shoot.