WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Friday SBI Key West World Finals CMS Boat Crash

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
A little fact here....If you are traveling 100 mph you are covering a football field (100 yards) every two seconds. That orange boat was maybe 15-20 yards (being generous) in front of the other boat when it turned in front of it? So they had maybe 1/2 a second to respond?:rolleyes:

Don't go bringing facts into a conversation on RDP, it's against the rules. You should know better.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bob Bull the CMS Boat was my racing teamate for 4 years. I have seen lots of negvative posts on this site over the years about him, and his Wife Debbie who is officially the fastest Female to run an Offshore Boat as opposed to the "local Girl" running Daddy's boat who runs her mouth about it. As far as Bob goes I have read all the posts here over the years "the Rich Old Dude" etc - you Guys don't know a single thing about him - ZERO. This is a Guy that started from scratch, 100% self made and built one of the (if not the) largest HVAC companies in the USA....no one gave him a penny and not much help either.

Bob and Randy (Scism the Owner of MTI) who run the boat together are as skilled as you can get in the boat, Bob worked his way up from an Open Cockpit Corsa in the early days and worked hard at it, class by class to get where he is today - the premier team in the sport.

I watched today's incident multiple times and there is not enough footage available to determine who was at fault so I am not sure how Old School Boats came to that conclusion.

I raced Key West multiple times with SBI and at every Drivers Meeting SBI always tells us that the faster boat overtaking any slower boat is 100% responsible for making sure that they pass safely.......... period. Again, from the footage and camera angles you can't see enough to place blame. It wasn't like Bob made a hard right turn and changed course drastically.

Glad they are all Okay......

I think you might be mistaking rdp for somewhere else? I believe when the subject of the fastest girl at LOTO came up most on here agreed that Bull's wife holds that title. Reasoning being it was no different than anyone else running.. It's not like they have a separate category for men that drive solo or with a throttle man etc.

I also don't recall anybody on here saying anything negative about Bob Bull. I'm wondering if you are confusing some of the posts from various websites. I do remember some people talking shit on him on OSO.. but not on here. I don't think most from the West Coast even know who he is.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty obvious who was at fault....unless you think boats have brakes. And as far as that old plastic chick being the fastest women on water...oh please! :rolleyes:You could put a monkey behind the wheel with the right throttle man and be the fastest on the water. I'd take Summer driving over her any day of the week because she does it all.

Here you go...

I stand corrected.. there's always someone in the group.

spectras only

Reaction score
What I'd like to know why did the orange boat chop the throttle? Obviously couldn't see from the cockpit the white boat coming up fast, risking his own boat getting clobbered? They must have some data logging to comb over to figure out what really happened.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Don't go bringing facts into a conversation on RDP, it's against the rules. You should know better.

What "facts" are you talking about? Reaction time with actual competitors in any given racing is far under yours. We're talking .2 of a second. 2 seconds is PLENTY of time for someone paying attention to react.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
:p

Done 110+ in a flattie with a manual plate, been 150+ in a *yawn* OuterLimits ...once you are 130+ it certainly gets attention getting! :p

I've gone faster than most humans on the planet by far, lucky with friends. I still want to run a vehicle at Bonneville. That is the ultimate. :D

Really
Does 1.7 Mach in the back seat of an F-106 at 50,000 feet count?
1982, Edwards AFB in the High Supersonic Corridor.
Yes I had control of the aircraft.
THD :D

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Really
Does 1.7 Mach in the back seat of an F-106 at 50,000 feet count?
1982, Edwards AFB in the High Supersonic Corridor.
Yes I had control of the aircraft.
THD :D
Sick man...totally jelly here! :D
I have always had the "Need For Speed".

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I do agree with one of grads post that these big boats packing air and going fast do not just slow down and turn easily. They are not like a vee bottom and bury the hull and slow down fast. Btw it’s a race no one is at fault it’s called shit happens when racing. Not the first nor the last

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You guys have obviously never driven a big cat over 100 mph...they don't exactly turn or stop on a dime. These aren't 18' jet boats.

I'd wager you have never been in a big cat like that. Lol. Turns out they do turn on a dime. ;). The big true tunnels turn a lot harder than the west coast center pod boats.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
So, what's the vedict from the RDP jury? Who's at fault? Who did the jury convict? :D

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the onboard footage from CMS (the orange boat)? Sums it up pretty well.