WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Friday SBI Key West World Finals CMS Boat Crash

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
From PBN Website:
We have received reports that there were no injuries sustained by either boat crew.

CMS (3rd Place) experienced engine trouble and started to make their way towards Truman Harbor when the collision with CT Marine occured.

Added GRADS vid posted below

111017A.jpg
111017B.jpg
111017C.jpg
111017D.jpg
111017E.jpg

Last edited:

WAAZ

Reaction score
Probably a good thing the boat that did the running over had surface drives instead of out drives.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The orange boat was veering right and went into the white boats line. He should have kept his line until it was clear and then exited the course.

Enen

Reaction score
Was the white boat a Skater?

New to boating

Reaction score
The orange boat was veering right and went into the white boats line. He should have kept his line until it was clear and then exited the course.

Bob Bull the CMS Boat was my racing teamate for 4 years. I have seen lots of negvative posts on this site over the years about him, and his Wife Debbie who is officially the fastest Female to run an Offshore Boat as opposed to the "local Girl" running Daddy's boat who runs her mouth about it. As far as Bob goes I have read all the posts here over the years "the Rich Old Dude" etc - you Guys don't know a single thing about him - ZERO. This is a Guy that started from scratch, 100% self made and built one of the (if not the) largest HVAC companies in the USA....no one gave him a penny and not much help either.

Bob and Randy (Scism the Owner of MTI) who run the boat together are as skilled as you can get in the boat, Bob worked his way up from an Open Cockpit Corsa in the early days and worked hard at it, class by class to get where he is today - the premier team in the sport.

I watched today's incident multiple times and there is not enough footage available to determine who was at fault so I am not sure how Old School Boats came to that conclusion.

I raced Key West multiple times with SBI and at every Drivers Meeting SBI always tells us that the faster boat overtaking any slower boat is 100% responsible for making sure that they pass safely.......... period. Again, from the footage and camera angles you can't see enough to place blame. It wasn't like Bob made a hard right turn and changed course drastically.

Glad they are all Okay......

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Wild, just saw the video on FB, really looked like the white boat just drove over the orange boats ass like they didn't even see him. Looks like the white boat made no course correction at all.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Racing or not, you don't just drive over someone. That was IMO 100% driver error.

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Scary.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Relooking at it again with your comment in mind, it does appear the orange boat was moving right slowly, and slowing down, looked like it moved over 10 foot or so. It still looks like the white boat never made a course correction and it looks like they had plenty of time to do so. Too close of a pass.

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
He should have kept his line until it was clear and then exited the course.

Its a full canopy boat. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is any provision to see behind them. I don't really see the orange boat making a huge course correction.

New to boating

Reaction score
Its a full canopy boat. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is any provision to see behind them. I don't really see the orange boat making a huge course correction.

Most of the canopied boats have a rear view camera (and a monitor in the cockpit) and read view mirrors....

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Bob Bull the CMS Boat was my racing teamate for 4 years. I have seen lots of negvative posts on this site over the years about him, and his Wife Debbie who is officially the fastest Female to run an Offshore Boat as opposed to the "local Girl" running Daddy's boat who runs her mouth about it. As far as Bob goes I have read all the posts here over the years "the Rich Old Dude" etc - you Guys don't know a single thing about him - ZERO. This is a Guy that started from scratch, 100% self made and built one of the (if not the) largest HVAC companies in the USA....no one gave him a penny and not much help either.

Bob and Randy (Scism the Owner of MTI) who run the boat together are as skilled as you can get in the boat, Bob worked his way up from an Open Cockpit Corsa in the early days and worked hard at it, class by class to get where he is today - the premier team in the sport.

I watched today's incident multiple times and there is not enough footage available to determine who was at fault so I am not sure how Old School Boats came to that conclusion.

I raced Key West multiple times with SBI and at every Drivers Meeting SBI always tells us that the faster boat overtaking any slower boat is 100% responsible for making sure that they pass safely.......... period. Again, from the footage and camera angles you can't see enough to place blame. It wasn't like Bob made a hard right turn and changed course drastically.

Pretty obvious who was at fault....unless you think boats have brakes. And as far as that lady being the fastest women on water...oh please! :rolleyes:You could put a monkey behind the wheel with the right throttle man and be the fastest on the water. I'd take Summer driving over her any day of the week because she does it all.

Here you go...

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Pretty obvious who was at fault....unless you think boats have brakes. And as far as that old plastic chick being the fastest women on water...oh please! :rolleyes:You could put a monkey behind the wheel with the right throttle man and be the fastest on the water. I'd take Summer driving over her any day of the week because she does it all.

Here you go...

100% driver fault. It is YOUR duty to be in control of any pass.

GRADS

Reaction score
I don't know who is who but after watching the video I posted, it is crystal clear in my book that the orange boat is at fault whether they turned intentionally or not.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I don't know who is who but after watching the video I posted, it is crystal clear in my book that the orange boat is at fault whether they turned intentionally or not.

Clear as day you have no idea what it is to race or compete in any arena. Go dust your windows or something.

GRADS

Reaction score
Clear as day you have no idea what it is to race or compete in any arena. Go dust your windows or something.
I'm guessing I have a lot more time over 100 m.p.h. under my belt than you.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'm guessing I have a lot more time over 100 m.p.h. under my belt than you.

You would be wrong. Just like 80% of your posts opinions, you don't know shit from shinola dude.

You are a dipshit with a lot of disposable income whom is dependent on your wife.

You do nothing, produce nothing, and are nothing.

GRADS

Reaction score
You would be wrong. Just like 80% of your posts opinions, you don't know shit from shinola dude.

You are a dipshit with a lot of disposable income whom is dependent on your wife.

You do nothing, produce nothing, and are nothing.
I'm guessing I'm right and it struck a nerve, so you turn to insults.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Insults? What did I say that was untrue?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
If I called you a faggoty little bitch, like most people would that come into contact with your internet persona, that would be an insult.

GRADS

Reaction score
Again, why the insults? I win, you lose.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I don't need to insult you. You accomplish it without any outside interference.

You have never ran a flattie with a manual cav plate at over 100MPH...you got nothing to say housewife.

GRADS

Reaction score

You have never ran a flattie with a manual cav plate at over 100MPH...you got nothing to say housewife.
And you guys run those things for a 1/4 mile at time for what 10 seconds? I run hours over 100. LMAO.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
And you guys run those things for a 1/4 mile at time for what 10 seconds? I run hours over 100. LMAO.

You are confused again, I'm not talking racing dipshit, just plain old "punch it and hang on" real life.

Obviously your rides in 30' cats make you feel like you are bad ass. You are just a weak ass pussy who does not build, fix or do anything positive in the world.

Get out your sack of pink dildos and have a ball guy.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

You bitches need a room? :D

Apples and oranges. The both of you. Lol.
Grads? Ever been 0-100 in ten seconds in a boat?
It can be rather...violent. Lol.

But I wouldn't want to be a part of it in anything but glass water.

SB? Ever been 100 in a 26-28 footer?
It can be rather yawn inspiring, lol.
But once you're above that.. Shit starts happening fast. Especially when there's some white on top of the water.
Again...
Apples and oranges.

Was anyone hurt in this crash?
Sorta looks like the white boat ran over the orange boat.

GRADS

Reaction score
You are confused again, I'm not talking racing dipshit, just plain old "punch it and hang on" real life.
I'm a little confused here. Are you talking racing or not? Where's that damn head scratch emoji?;)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here. Are you talking racing or not? Where's that damn head scratch emoji?;)
Yeah Dave!
Where's the emoji thingy? :mad:

I can't express the right amount of F you without them.:cool:

GRADS

Reaction score
All I'm saying is when you do are 100 mph and someone turns in front of you 50' ahead there's not much you can do. 99 out of 100 times the same accident is going to happen.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
:p
You bitches need a room? :D

Apples and oranges. The both of you. Lol.
Grads? Ever been 0-100 in ten seconds in a boat?
It can be rather...violent. Lol.

But I wouldn't want to be a part of it in anything but glass water.

SB? Ever been 100 in a 26-28 footer?
It can be rather yawn inspiring, lol.
But once you're above that.. Shit starts happening fast. Especially when there's some white on top of the water.
Again...
Apples and oranges.

Was anyone hurt in this crash?
Sorta looks like the white boat ran over the orange boat.

Done 110+ in a flattie with a manual plate, been 150+ in a *yawn* OuterLimits ...once you are 130+ it certainly gets attention getting! :p

I've gone faster than most humans on the planet by far, lucky with friends. I still want to run a vehicle at Bonneville. That is the ultimate. :D

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
All I'm saying is when you do are 100 mph and someone turns in front of you 50' ahead there's not much you can do. 99 out of 100 times the same accident is going to happen.
If you get off the sticks boats slow down really fast, anyone in racing knows how to control their vehicle. Once again, the craft overtaking has the responsibility of doing it safely, in this case it looks like the guy just drove over the other boat...retarded.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If you get off the sticks boats slow down really fast, anyone in racing knows how to control their vehicle. Once again, the craft overtaking has the responsibility of doing it safely, in this case it looks like the guy just drove over the other boat...retarded.
I absolutely agree with this.
However.
There is a point where shit happens faster than a human can react to it.
I know what Grads is saying but I don't think that's the case here.

GRADS

Reaction score
A little fact here....If you are traveling 100 mph you are covering a football field (100 yards) every two seconds. That orange boat was maybe 15-20 yards (being generous) in front of the other boat when it turned in front of it? So they had maybe 1/2 a second to respond?:rolleyes:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with this.
However.
There is a point where shit happens faster than a human can react to it.
I know what Grads is saying but I don't think that's the case here.

A responsible pilot understands this, and should put themselves in a position where if something unpredictable occurs in front of them, they have one or more "outs". I don't give it a shit if its a race, poker run, or a sunday cruise....If you're running a 40'+ canopy boat in the ocean, there's no excuse for this kinda shit. Sprint boat race on an inland waterway...it would be a dick move, but you see the K-boats run just as fast if not faster, in much less water, with much less space between 'em and they generally manage to handle themselves respectably.

What happened here is like a motorcycle splitting lanes through 10mph traffic doing 70mph and expecting it to work right.

...Otherwise referred to as "red mist". It's difficult to combat...which is why I quit racing.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
The boat following had much more room than that, they just decided to stay on the pipe. Totally the overtaking craft's fault.

GRADS

Reaction score
You guys have obviously never driven a big cat over 100 mph...they don't exactly turn or stop on a dime. These aren't 18' jet boats.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
You guys have obviously never driven a big cat over 100 mph...they don't exactly turn or stop on a dime. These aren't 18' jet boats.

Then they should drive it accordingly...is the point I'm trying to make. If you're controlling a rig that can't maneuver for shit at speed, leave enough room to allow for maneuvering around an obstacle. Based on what I saw in the video, if the white boat would have positioned themselves about 100ft farther off of the buoy, they'd have saved probably 1/2 a million dollars this weekend whilst still maintaining their anticipated finishing position.

GRADS

Reaction score
Then they should drive it accordingly...is the point I'm trying to make. If you're controlling a rig that can't maneuver for shit at speed, leave enough room to allow for maneuvering around an obstacle. Based on what I saw in the video, if the white boat would have positioned themselves about 100ft farther off of the buoy, they'd have saved probably 1/2 a million dollars this weekend whilst still maintaining their anticipated finishing position.
It's racing! Seriously? So NASCAR should abide by the "one car length for every 10 mph rule" ?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Your comment there about her being the fastest, versus Summer is a joke. Summer ran her boat all by herself, driving and throttle. All Debbie had to do was hold onto the wheel as she had a throttle man........