WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ford fox body gurus on here??

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sounds like you have all you really need. Maybe sway bars or something?

I have not been in one of those S550s on the road yet.

The Performance Pack 2 sway bars are a huge jump for a PP1 car at 67% stiffer front, 12% stiffer rear, and even the springs I replaced were 20% stiffer than stock PP1 springs. My track abilities would probably never even have been able to use all the stock stuff to it's full potential. It's just fun to tinker and make it racier. Even the steering and Magneride has track inspired calibration.

I really looked hard at the GT350, but I knew I would changing crap out, so I saved a bunch of money on things I would probably change anyways.

It's a great car. I can't go out in the garage without staring at it. hahaha! It's a lot of fun to work on and I have not owned a fun cool car in eight or nine years! I was due.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I'm out of money now as I spent all my hidden PayPal money that my wife didn't know about. :D hahahaha!
Coffee cans my friend. That, and stashed in intake manifolds on shelves.

When I die, going to either be a hell of an Easter egg hunt, or the only estate sale with real payoffs!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The Performance Pack 2 sway bars are a huge jump for a PP1 car at 67% stiffer front, 12% stiffer rear, and even the springs I replaced were 20% stiffer than stock PP1 springs. My track abilities would probably never even have been able to use all the stock stuff to it's full potential. It's just fun to tinker and make it racier. Even the steering and Magneride has track inspired calibration.

I really looked hard at the GT350, but I knew I would changing crap out, so I saved a bunch of money on things I would probably change anyways.

It's a great car. I can't go out in the garage without staring at it. hahaha! It's a lot of fun to work on and I have not owned a fun cool car in eight or nine years! I was due.

Yea a GT350 is about pointless for what you are doing. That is 90% of the car you have, for way less cost. Go out and rip it up.

Last edited:

Husqy510

Reaction score
Nice s550. Here's my 2015 with PP. It's a great all around car

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_113747997.jpg
    IMG_20190120_113747997.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 71

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Hey its not a Fox but it's still a 5 oh! Slightly over a 5.0 displacement at 5.053 liters. Up from the Gen 2 in the 15-17 which was 4.951.

20190223_124038.jpg

Last edited:

Husqy510

Reaction score
Be
Hey its not a Fox but it's still a 5 oh! Slightly over a 5.0 displacement at 5.053 liters. Up from the Gen 2 in the 15-17 which was 4.951.

View attachment 731257
Beautiful. My buddy with an 18 loves to point out the fact that mine isn't a 5.0. You should take it to Angeles Crest. I run it from time to time with my buddies, they have a Carrera S and Lotus Evora, and my car does great.

707dog

Reaction score
Looks like your average fox body condition wise...

If it is indeed a true numbered saleen with paper work to back it up I think it is still worth a decent chunk more than 10-15K to a collector.
Yes has all the paper work from saleen with the plate under the hood
IMG9518511.jpg

IMG9518541.jpg
IMG9518511.jpg

Last edited:

707dog

Reaction score
I also truly appreciate everyone's input and honesty:cool:
I'm dont follow Ford's so have no idea of its worth. Agree it will take the right buyer I'm just trying to help him send it down the road

Mototrig

Reaction score
Coffee cans my friend. That, and stashed in intake manifolds on shelves.

When I die, going to either be a hell of an Easter egg hunt, or the only estate sale with real payoffs!
Hmmm my dad had several intake manifolds on the shelf growing up. Sneaky bastard.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I also truly appreciate everyone's input and honesty:cool:
I'm dont follow Ford's so have no idea of its worth. Agree it will take the right buyer I'm just trying to help him send it down the road

post a price I might have someone interested if the deal is right.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't mean to keep hijacking this thread but I'm not only a huge car guy, I'm especially a Mustang guy so I really enjoy chatting about them.

Here is my first Mustang. It was an 89 hatch I literally bought off an old lady around 93 in Victorville Ca. The first photo of it here on the track it had a N/a stock 302 with E-303 cam, headers, TB, etc, just some basic bolt ons. I really dug in to the suspension at that time as Maximum Motorsports was down the road from where I worked in San Luis Obispo. I started doing open track with my dad and I was hooked. This was Willow Springs circa 94 or so. My best friend is right behind me in a 90 LX Hatch my father sold him. Cool to see original GT350s and Cobras on the track at the same time. This was a either a Cobra Club or Shebly event; I cant remember which one. The Victory Motorsports window sticker is from a small Mustang parts and resto company my parents owned for a bit.
20190226_193351.jpg

Here it is a few years later when I went crazy on it. Basically a full blown race car. Stroked with huge blower, full cage, fire system, no interior (No headliner, carpet anything), quick detach steering wheel, Coolsuit, fuel cell. It was bad ass. You can sort of see the 6pts and cage. Boy how things have changed having cameras on our phones. I literally only have two or three photos of the car and I just took a pic of the photo with my phone to post on here. hahah. Check out that negative camber on the front wheels!!!!!!!!!
20190226_193319.jpg

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I would venture to say that it's "worth" more un-modified from it's original Saleen package. The 5.0 block had a tendency to fracture in the intake valley at a relatively lower HP# than expected. I would question a supercharged motor unless I knew the boost #'s were always kept very low. In this case this is a very low milage car and you know the owner well and trust he has kept the boost down.

BS

I ran 10s and 137 mph and never hurt the stock 302W block

It’s about tune

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
BS

I ran 10s and 137 mph and never hurt the stock 302W block

It’s about tune

Tune has little to do with the block splitting in half. It is about RPM, harmonics and not enough metal.

If you are running a 50oz or even 28oz imbalance setup it is not if but when it will crack with over 450 HP or so.

It will last a little longer if it is internally balanced and you don’t try to rev the piss out of it. Block is still basically glass though :)

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I would ditch the factory mass air computer setup and msd and get a nice stand alone setup like an AEM or Motec and have a well known tuner go to town and make the car run night and day difference

Husqy510

Reaction score
Tune has little to do with the block splitting in half. It is about RPM, harmonics and not enough metal.

If you are running a 50oz or even 28oz imbalance setup it is not if but when it will crack with over 450 HP or so.

It will last a little longer if it is internally balanced and you don’t try to rev the piss out of it. Block is still basically glass though :)

Depends on how you use it. I agree that rpm plays a big part, but intended use is more important. Road course with sustained high rpm will kill a stock block making decent hp, but a weekend car or daily driver that sees the occasional 1/4 mile blast will be fine with a safe tune.

Now that we have so many great aftermarket parts, it seems like everyone has forgotten that we used to make good power with stock parts.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So I guess the fact I made 800 plus hp ans didn’t crack the stock block fell on deaf ears here lol

Husqy510

Reaction score
So I guess the fact I made 800 plus hp ans didn’t crack the stock block fell on deaf ears here lol
That is impressive! I made 500 to the wheels on pump gas with a stock block, and I new couple making over 600, but 800 is impressive. What was the combo?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

If you don’t run it, it won’t crack.

If you trapped 137 that is around 600 HP assuming the car weighed 3000 lbs.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
If you don’t run it, it won’t crack.

If you trapped 137 that is around 600 HP assuming the car weighed 3000 lbs.

Car weighed 3410 lbs with me in it. That pass was only 14 psi for that run and I would run as high as 22 on a T76.

The moral of the story is this bullshit old wives tail that 450 hp cracks stock blocks is just that, bullshit. Give an idiot anything and they can break it. I sold that short block off and the current owner still runs it to this day. I had 15,000 miles and about 200 passes on that setup. The car now has a dart block and pt88.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
And high rpm isn’t an issue. You are limited to 6250 with stock lifters anyways. Yes you can get more rpm but it costs money. My engine revs to 7100 but it requires special comp hydro lifters, beehive springs and Ti parts to lower weight at the valve to increase useful spring pressure vs boost

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Car weighed 3410 lbs with me in it. That pass was only 14 psi for that run and I would run as high as 22 on a T76.

The moral of the story is this bullshit old wives tail that 450 hp cracks stock blocks is just that, bullshit. Give an idiot anything and they can break it. I sold that short block off and the current owner still runs it to this day. I had 15,000 miles and about 200 passes on that setup. The car now has a dart block and pt88.

Surely withthat much power and that many runs on a factory block you must of come across my buddy Bobby Kurgan.

Husqy510

Reaction score
Expensive parts are a great luxury when building a motor, but not always necessary. Both my tuner and the builder of my short block said they rarely saw stock blocks split down the middle, and attributed it mostly to internet folklore. Infact, the engine builder (CHP) had a stock block 347 in his fox body making close to 600hp at the wheels at 16psi.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I’ve seen split blocks on the old turbomustangs.com but they were 135-148 mph cars and went awhile at that power level as well.

I would suspect most split blocks were the results from a shitty nitrous tune, well no shit.

BONER

Reaction score
What it boils down to, is if you want to make 500+ on a Ford 302, you better have your shit together. Don't need to be a Rocket Scientist, but if it's your first time, better not get greedy....