WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ford fox body gurus on here??

707dog

Reaction score
looks identical to this
life_2018_RaitisRides_89-0356_feature.jpg

any gurus on here that may know what a black /silver supercharged 89 saleen mustang #351-500 66k miles on the body and chassis 4k and built motor stack receipt/build sheet might go for?? this does have a factory roll cage in it and some other production #'s on the dash was told it was some track model???? what ever that means my cousin bought this car in 2001 from the og owners son that did some extra mods he drove it for a few years then left to iraq for a few years but been basically sitting in the garage ever since he got back from there. driven 2-3 times a year but untouched the last 3 wants to sell it. any help or maybe some direction to help price the car would be appreciated

Last edited:

Mototrig

Reaction score
Still my favorite body style. I had an '89 in highschool. An original order Saleen from that era is a nice find. I'm interested to know the price as well, I would guess on what it's worth but I'm sure I am way off so I'll keep my trap shut.

Husqy510

Reaction score
If it's all original and in excellent condition, probably worth 30k. Original fox body in excellent condition are going for 10-20, depending on model and options. 93 Cobras are 20-30. Not sure about the supercharger though, I don't think that was a factory option in 89, but I could be wrong.

707dog

Reaction score
any gurus on here that may know what a black /silver supercharged 89 saleen mustang #350-500 60-70k miles might go for?? this does have a factory roll cage in it and some other production #'s on the dash,my cousin bought this car in 2001 from the og owner that did some extra mods he drove it for a few years then left to iraq for a few years but been basically sitting in the garage ever since he got back from there. driven 2-3 times a year but untouched the last 3 wants to sell it. any help or maybe some direction to help price the car would be appreciated

looks identical to this
View attachment 729101
Still my favorite body style. I had an '89 in highschool. An original order Saleen from that era is a nice find. I'm interested to know the price as well, I would guess on what it's worth but I'm sure I am way off so I'll keep my trap shut.
that's where i as at too... wasn't sure where to even start with a price we seen the NADA prices but there's no option list. came across a saleen owners group website so im get the rest of the badging #'s to see what i can come up with. he wants a old chevy to cruise around with the family ( i let him drive my impala he is hooked)

707dog

Reaction score
If it's all original and in excellent condition, probably worth 30k. Original fox body in excellent condition are going for 10-20, depending on model and options. 93 Cobras are 20-30. Not sure about the supercharger though, I don't think that was a factory option in 89, but I could be wrong.
yes didn't see much online about supercharged model either till later on in the years it does have supercharged on the badging and dash so got me that's why i can't figure out a price range for him. im not a ford guy but its a blast to drive and you can hear it idling down the street great sounding engine.

Mototrig

Reaction score
I would venture to say that it's "worth" more un-modified from it's original Saleen package. The 5.0 block had a tendency to fracture in the intake valley at a relatively lower HP# than expected. I would question a supercharged motor unless I knew the boost #'s were always kept very low. In this case this is a very low milage car and you know the owner well and trust he has kept the boost down.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
To my knowledge Saleen didn't supercharge their foxbodies. They were more focused on handling and braking in those days the engine mods.

As far as value, if she's super clean, anywhere south of 20 is a great deal, 20-25 is a good deal, any more than 25 and not that it's not worth it but you have to really want that particular car because your not getting any deals

20170831_134407.jpg
Either way, they're super fun cars!

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I would venture to say that it's "worth" more un-modified from it's original Saleen package. The 5.0 block had a tendency to fracture in the intake valley at a relatively lower HP# than expected. I would question a supercharged motor unless I knew the boost #'s were always kept very low. In this case this is a very low milage car and you know the owner well and trust he has kept the boost down.
The joy of 5 liters. I've only seen the valley issue on a couple. Big tell tale is if the motor is studded...that means it had issues and they tried to remedy them. If it has the big studs, watch out. It means it only had low miles, but the pony got flogged hard. The number (build number) will allow you to find out how the car was ordered. If you can get it on a lift, look for any issues around the upper quad link to body mounts, and any fractures around the subframe connectors. Subs should be good if it had the cage for a long time. Problem is, sometimes the cage was added after the door got stuck a time or two. The quad links in relatively stock applications, would start to crack or tear under hard acceleration. The dead giveaway is a clicking sound from the back seat, on and off load. Hard to tell on a louder car, but it's the metal rubbing.

Best quote for Fox's...Bob Bondurant "...in stock form, they have the structural integrity of lasagna...":rolleyes:

I like them...only had 1 Saleen, briefly. The rest were mostly street/ strip toys.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I have owned five Fox Bodies, three coupes, and two hatches. I am now on my eighth Mustang. hahaha!

I am not a Saleen guy, but know them pretty well. Many Saleens came with a Vortech supercharger option and usually on the stock intake in 89. From around 90 to 93(last year of the fox) They actually had a model called the SC and I know many of those had the Saleen Intake mated to a low PSI Vortech. That intake was heavy and didn't flow great but they are worth some money if it has one. A 5.0 will run 400k before a rebuild with 6psi or under even when beat on. I wouldn't worry about that but there will be some leaks, blow by and some oil burning. No biggie. The best part is, parts are dirt cheap for the Fox and 302.

I would love to see a photo of the engine.

There are some good videos on Youtube on what to look for when buying a Fox. People forget that 89 is 30 years old and there is rust, broken seam welds, etc. Shock tower rust and ripped up torque boxes are the main things I would look for. Keep in mind, MOST Fox Bodies are beat unfortunately.

If that car is decent, I would say 14k to 22k. Saleens have much fewer buyers than let's say a coupe. Funny, in the 80s and early 90s everyone wanted Saleens and GTs. It wasn't until they quit making the Fox in 93 everyone jumped on the coupe bandwagon. Styles change for sure.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me or ask on this thread!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The joy of 5 liters. I've only seen the valley issue on a couple. Big tell tale is if the motor is studded...that means it had issues and they tried to remedy them. If it has the big studs, watch out. It means it only had low miles, but the pony got flogged hard. The number (build number) will allow you to find out how the car was ordered. If you can get it on a lift, look for any issues around the upper quad link to body mounts, and any fractures around the subframe connectors. Subs should be good if it had the cage for a long time. Problem is, sometimes the cage was added after the door got stuck a time or two. The quad links in relatively stock applications, would start to crack or tear under hard acceleration. The dead giveaway is a clicking sound from the back seat, on and off load. Hard to tell on a louder car, but it's the metal rubbing.

Best quote for Fox's...Bob Bondurant "...in stock form, they have the structural integrity of lasagna...":rolleyes:

I like them...only had 1 Saleen, briefly. The rest were mostly street/ strip toys.

Buddy had an NA 347 stock block stroker with a girdle and everything. The block was cracked everywhere and ready to split. Luckily a fueling issue popped up and he chunked a ring land so we saved the rest of the rotating assembly.

Hes got a Dart block 363 now.. we have to put it in next month.

A 5-6 lb Vortec like they ran back in the day will live though.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sorry, I realized I have only had four Fox Bodies. I did buy and sell one just to make a buck, but I can't really count that.

My last Fox. I had this car up until about 2005. 1991 Notch, 331 stroker, lower girdle, X-303 Cam, AFR Heads, Chinese Typhoon intake, long tubes, catless x-pipe. Made a super reliable 375 to 400 or so at the wheels. Honestly never dynoed so I don't know. But probably somewhere in that range. Tremec TKO 5speed, 3.73s, alum drive shaft.
The best part was the suspension. Full Maximum Motorsports Maximum Grip Pack. Relocated lighter K-member, coilovers, Panhard, torque arm and more. 5lug, with four wheel Baer Brakes. These photos were taken at the Harley dealership right before I sold it.

My 89 GT was by far the most radical and flawless car. Full gutted interior, over 545 at the wheels, fire system, full cage, full MM suspension, full track car that looked like a show car. I sold it to a kid who was going to run the Silver State Classic in it. He ran 173mph on a test run. It eventually was wrapped around a tree.

1064332595_831ae1b7b3_z.jpg

1064332503_8999f1a6bc_z.jpg

1064332247_f46c3ef5cc_z.jpg

Hahahaha, I loved the fact it still had the stock POS stereo!!! Best part of the car IMHO.
1064333667_d4d1128dde_z.jpg

707dog

Reaction score
I have owned five Fox Bodies, three coupes, and two hatches. I am now on my eighth Mustang. hahaha!

I am not a Saleen guy, but know them pretty well. Many Saleens came with a Vortech supercharger option and usually on the stock intake in 89. From around 90 to 93(last year of the fox) They actually had a model called the SC and I know many of those had the Saleen Intake mated to a low PSI Vortech. That intake was heavy and didn't flow great but they are worth some money if it has one. A 5.0 will run 400k before a rebuild with 6psi or under even when beat on. I wouldn't worry about that but there will be some leaks, blow by and some oil burning. No biggie. The best part is, parts are dirt cheap for the Fox and 302.

I would love to see a photo of the engine.

There are some good videos on Youtube on what to look for when buying a Fox. People forget that 89 is 30 years old and there is rust, broken seam welds, etc. Shock tower rust and ripped up torque boxes are the main things I would look for. Keep in mind, MOST Fox Bodies are beat unfortunately.

If that car is decent, I would say 14k to 22k. Saleens have much fewer buyers than let's say a coupe. Funny, in the 80s and early 90s everyone wanted Saleens and GTs. It wasn't until they quit making the Fox in 93 everyone jumped on the coupe bandwagon. Styles change for sure.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me or ask on this thread!
It is front mount vortec 5-6 on the boost but I'll definitely get some pure info to share and see what kind of price he has in mind... I'll see if I can score some pics in a few made be a video

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sorry, I realized I have only had four Fox Bodies. I did buy and sell one just to make a buck, but I can't really count that.

My last Fox. I had this car up until about 2005. 1991 Notch, 331 stroker, lower girdle, X-303 Cam, AFR Heads, Chinese Typhoon intake, long tubes, catless x-pipe. Made a super reliable 375 to 400 or so at the wheels. Honestly never dynoed so I don't know. But probably somewhere in that range. Tremec TKO 5speed, 3.73s, alum drive shaft.
The best part was the suspension. Full Maximum Motorsports Maximum Grip Pack. Relocated lighter K-member, coilovers, Panhard, torque arm and more. 5lug, with four wheel Baer Brakes. These photos were taken at the Harley dealership right before I sold it.

My 89 GT was by far the most radical and flawless car. Full gutted interior, over 545 at the wheels, fire system, full cage, full MM suspension, full track car that looked like a show car. I sold it to a kid who was going to run the Silver State Classic in it. He ran 173mph on a test run. It eventually was wrapped around a tree.

1064332595_831ae1b7b3_z.jpg

1064332503_8999f1a6bc_z.jpg

1064332247_f46c3ef5cc_z.jpg

Hahahaha, I loved the fact it still had the stock POS stereo!!! Best part of the car IMHO.
1064333667_d4d1128dde_z.jpg

That is a nice piece! The torque arm really makes a difference on those turds from the stock quadrabind setup. :)

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I would post it on Bring A Trailer with a reasonable reserve and see what happens.

BONER

Reaction score
To my knowledge Saleen didn't supercharge their foxbodies. They were more focused on handling and braking in those days the engine mods.

They offered options with either a Paxton or Vortech.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Buddy had an NA 347 stock block stroker with a girdle and everything. The block was cracked everywhere and ready to split. Luckily a fueling issue popped up and he chunked a ring land so we saved the rest of the rotating assembly.

Hes got a Dart block 363 now.. we have to put it in next month.

A 5-6 lb Vortec like they ran back in the day will live though.
Silly question, but what was the static compression on the 347? I had been very lucky in my youth. Experimented with nitrous before it was cool. We learned some stock motors were "Wednesday" motors...UAW guy not hung over, and not counting down till beer:30. Had one of those motors last through a whole lot of juice. Dry shot plumbed into the egr spacer, and a line lock solenoid pinching the return. Made me some money with that LX. Never pulled it apart. Sold it complete to a buddy, he popped bearings in it, and it's still on the road today...same pistons, same B303. I've switched gears now.. find it cheaper and easier to put BrandX stuff in:oops:

Husqy510

Reaction score
I sold my last fox body about a year ago. It had a stock block 347 with intercooled vortech which made 500/500 at the wheels at 5400rpms. The key to survival is a good fuel system and conservative tune. Detonation kills the stock 302.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Silly question, but what was the static compression on the 347? I had been very lucky in my youth. Experimented with nitrous before it was cool. We learned some stock motors were "Wednesday" motors...UAW guy not hung over, and not counting down till beer:30. Had one of those motors last through a whole lot of juice. Dry shot plumbed into the egr spacer, and a line lock solenoid pinching the return. Made me some money with that LX. Never pulled it apart. Sold it complete to a buddy, he popped bearings in it, and it's still on the road today...same pistons, same B303. I've switched gears now.. find it cheaper and easier to put BrandX stuff in:oops:

I had a Coast High Performance 347 that I ran only 8.5 on. But I did run pump gas a lot but I did bump up boost to 12psi. Never had an issue.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Low 10s, I want to say 10.2 ish:1. It had AFR 185 heads and a TFS stage 3 cam.

It was set up for road racing and he had a stupid failure.. fuel pressure regulator went bad. And the radiator cap was weak too. It busted the ring lands on 2 pistons. Clay Smith Cams saved the heads and he decided to have the block magnafluxed and it was a boat anchor. They had an Iron Eagle Dart block someone never paid for, and made him a deal on it. He is putting in a Lunati cam. and a set of Mahle pistons. It should make like 525 HP now, we just have to get it together.

He is slightly annoyed he just didn't put an LS in it and save 80 lbs over the front wheels.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I had a Coast High Performance 347 that I ran only 8.5 on. But I did run pump gas a lot but I did bump up boost to 12psi. Never had an issue.
Really good combo there. Only working the motor when run it up. I think they used to equate around 3# of boost to 1 point of compression? With the newer ecu's it makes it so much more useful than the old Paxton FMU. Fuel and timing curves for RPM and boost...times have changed. Even a redneck like me can do some cool things now...or scatter a motor by a keystroke!
Low 10s, I want to say 10.2 ish:1. It had AFR 185 heads and a TFS stage 3 cam.

It was set up for road racing and he had a stupid failure.. fuel pressure regulator went bad. And the radiator cap was weak too. It busted the ring lands on 2 pistons. Clay Smith Cams saved the heads and he decided to have the block magnafluxed and it was a boat anchor. They had an Iron Eagle Dart block someone never paid for, and made him a deal on it. He is putting in a Lunati cam. and a set of Mahle pistons. It should make like 525 HP now, we just have to get it together.

He is slightly annoyed he just didn't put an LS in it and save 80 lbs over the front wheels.
I didn't want to mention the "L" word. On a Fox thread, may start a fight. I was raised on Fords. Flatheads and Five Litres. As the mph increased, so did the dollar figure. A stock 6.0 out of a truck has 6 bolt main caps, and aluminum heads that flow better than GT40's. The factory GM ecu is smarter than my old EECIV...well, my brand loyalty took a backseat to my common sense. Two ways to look at it: Same power for half the money, or build twice the power for the same money. I have a 65 Ranchero that was built with a big stud, o-ringed head 347 bottle motor. That motor is coming out and going into a Model A coupe. The Ranch is getting a de-stroked 6.0 and a th400...along with a new roll cage, and updating the 4 link. I don't care for cornering...stop light to stop light, usually to piss off the kids and their new stuff;)

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I would love too find a fox body that has not been hacked on too much.

81Sprint

Reaction score
One of my favorite body styles has always been the fox body, i've owned 12 through the years. this was the last one I did, 89 GT, tore it all down to repaint, interior out, glass out, fenders off to hide the wiring in the engine bay. My next one will be a notch back, haven't had one of those yet.
mustang side.jpg
mustang.jpg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That is a nice piece! The torque arm really makes a difference on those turds from the stock quadrabind setup. :)

Wish I had any of my Foxes still.

First mods back when were to ditch the quad shocks, weld up the torque boxes, and box the control arms. KYB gas a justs were the best then.

Along with 3.73's and a clutch. Lose the bumpers, sound insulation, spare, jack etc. Night and day even on a stock motor.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Love this thread. I would like on update on the original post!

I am going to find some photos of my 89 GT track car tonight or today if I can of it on the track and such. Unfortunately I was running it way prior to digital cameras etc, so photos are limited.

707dog

Reaction score
Love this thread. I would like on update on the original post!

I am going to find some photos of my 89 GT track car tonight or today if I can of it on the track and such. Unfortunately I was running it way prior to digital cameras etc, so photos are limited.

real pic of it
unnamed (1).jpg

trying to get over there asap to get some pics & video also get the full info on the motor which i know now is far from stock it's been stroked and built, trans/clutch been worked has all the receipts and build sheet.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
@707dog Does he have the original wheels like the original photo? That would be a bonus. Not worth what the SC Speedlines are worth but definitely better than what is in that second photo. If not, I would consider putting on a set of the Speedline replicas. It would look super with those.

I had an original rare 4 lug set I sold to my best friend for like 400.00 with worn tires. They are going for big bucks now for originals.

Here is a nice rep for not a lot of money. https://lmr.com/item/WTK-1007Z2SCC/Mustang-Saleen-SC-Wheel-Tire-Kit-Silver-17x8-10-Sumitomo

707dog

Reaction score
@707dog Does he have the original wheels like the original photo? That would be a bonus. Not worth what the SC Speedlines are worth but definitely better than what is in that second photo. If not, I would consider putting on a set of the Speedline replicas. It would look super with those.

I had an original rare 4 lug set I sold to my best friend for like 400.00 with worn tires. They are going for big bucks now for originals.

Here is a nice rep for not a lot of money. https://lmr.com/item/WTK-1007Z2SCC/Mustang-Saleen-SC-Wheel-Tire-Kit-Silver-17x8-10-Sumitomo
the gauge cluster aint the prettiest

unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

That GT40 intake upper/lower in that condition is worth 600.00 to 1200.00 alone.

However, the car does look a little rough now seeing the actually photos. Nothing some replacement parts wouldn't fix as long as there is no rust or damaged frame rails etc. I would say he could get around 14 to 16k if he found the right buyer. Face Book has a ton of Fox Body only pages, and those guys will definitely have their finger on the pulse much better than I.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Wish I had any of my Foxes still.

First mods back when were to ditch the quad shocks, weld up the torque boxes, and box the control arms. KYB gas a justs were the best then.

Along with 3.73's and a clutch. Lose the bumpers, sound insulation, spare, jack etc. Night and day even on a stock motor.
:D:D:DI miss those days! I was broke, so I did every poor man mod possible. I was strictly a straight line guy, soooo, off came the front sway bar and links, 4 cylinder front coils, T-top/convertible rear coils, convertible motor mounts...along with your aforementioned mods. 4.10's when money allowed...learned how to rebuild T-5's too.
A guy in Ontario had a '93 factory X code notch...supposedly one of two built. It came from Ford with a quad cam and a bunch of mods to fit it. He butchered his, the other one I heard is in a museum. His for some time was the fastest 4 cam in the country...had a powerglide and a Vortech at the time. It was the king of lightweight steel body, at least for it's time. All the factory upholstery was still in place, but covered inner panels that had been trimmed to bare minimum. Hole saws were used on every reinforcement structure as well. When rolling the car into the shop, you pushed only in approved areas. I don't know whatever happened to the car.

707dog

Reaction score
That GT40 intake upper/lower in that condition is worth 600.00 to 1200.00 alone.

However, the car does look a little rough now seeing the actually photos. Nothing some replacement parts wouldn't fix as long as there is no rust or damaged frame rails etc. I would say he could get around 14 to 16k if he found the right buyer. Face Book has a ton of Fox Body only pages, and those guys will definitely have their finger on the pulse much better than I.

I told him let's get it up in the air get some pics and see what kind of goodies are under there. Car has never sat out side since he has owned it but it did be come a catch all for many years...lol..I'm gonna do a 2 stage polish on the paint detail up the interior and get some clean videos of it running/driving. It will have a price tag soon so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll make sure your first dibs

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
:D:D:DI miss those days! I was broke, so I did every poor man mod possible. I was strictly a straight line guy, soooo, off came the front sway bar and links, 4 cylinder front coils, T-top/convertible rear coils, convertible motor mounts...along with your aforementioned mods. 4.10's when money allowed...learned how to rebuild T-5's too.
A guy in Ontario had a '93 factory X code notch...supposedly one of two built. It came from Ford with a quad cam and a bunch of mods to fit it. He butchered his, the other one I heard is in a museum. His for some time was the fastest 4 cam in the country...had a powerglide and a Vortech at the time. It was the king of lightweight steel body, at least for it's time. All the factory upholstery was still in place, but covered inner panels that had been trimmed to bare minimum. Hole saws were used on every reinforcement structure as well. When rolling the car into the shop, you pushed only in approved areas. I don't know whatever happened to the car.

When I was heavy in to Fox bodies in the early 90s there was a middle age lady who raced the stock drag class. She ran a low 11s in basically a stock Fox. There was very little that could be done engine wise. Stuff like 1.7 roller rockers (since they sat on top of the heads, they were not considered engine upgrades), gears, fuel, and some minor other things. That's insane for a car that was said to have 225hp at the crank!

Keep in mind 30 years later, my new Mustang will run 11s stock, but that's with almost 500hp!

Husqy510

Reaction score
Honestly it looks like it's had a tough life. I'd guess 10k, but it really depends on the exterior and the torque boxes. I just sold a clean LX with supercharged 347 for 9k. Most of us would shy away from that car, as it clearly isn't a factory original Saleen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This looks like your typical modded fox body that has been beaten on but not abused. That is $10-$12k ish if everything is right. Maybe a little more if your pictures are showing the worst of it and it could be put back to stock and does not have subframe connectors etc.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When I was heavy in to Fox bodies in the early 90s there was a middle age lady who raced the stock drag class. She ran a low 11s in basically a stock Fox. There was very little that could be done engine wise. Stuff like 1.7 roller rockers (since they sat on top of the heads, they were not considered engine upgrades), gears, fuel, and some minor other things. That's insane for a car that was said to have 225hp at the crank!

Keep in mind 30 years later, my new Mustang will run 11s stock, but that's with almost 500hp!

Sure, but that car probably had 4:30s and was a PITA to drive on the street.. no AC, and manual everything :)

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sure, but that car probably had 4:30s and was a PITA to drive on the street.. no AC, and manual everything :)

Yep. Weird, because they could change rockers, but not intake. Yeah, power to weight was the only way to get there.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks like your average fox body condition wise...

If it is indeed a true numbered saleen with paper work to back it up I think it is still worth a decent chunk more than 10-15K to a collector.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Get that thing to the track.... I don't think a PP2 is capable of anything much better than a 12.5 :D

Bring it out this way and we can line it up against my new auto ;)

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Get that thing to the track.... I don't think a PP2 is capable of anything much better than a 12.5 :D

Bring it out this way and we can line it up against my new auto ;)

Oh the auto is faster zero to 60 and in the 1/4 for sure. I just couldn't bring myself to buy an auto in that type of car. Yeah, a PP2 probably can't do much better than a mid 12s, but what I was getting at is S550s are knocking out 11s all day long now completely stock. My stiff road course style suspension definitely hinders the straight line performance.

I have been non stop working on it. I have only driven it twice but have been dumping money in to it left and right! I am done for a while until the end of they year when all the interior will come out and I will put the roll bar, race seats, rear seat delete, etc in.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Oh the auto is faster zero to 60 and in the 1/4 for sure. I just couldn't bring myself to buy an auto in that type of car. Yeah, a PP2 probably can't do much better than a mid 12s, but what I was getting at is S550s are knocking out 11s all day long now completely stock. My stiff road course style suspension definitely hinders the straight line performance.

I have been non stop working on it. I have only driven it twice but have been dumping money in to it left and right! I am done for a while until the end of they year when all the interior will come out and I will put the roll bar, race seats, rear seat delete, etc in.

I hear ya...The rain has sucked nut I have to say it is a nicer car than I expected.

Start a build thread I would like to follow along. Mine is going to stay mellow the only thing I have picked up is a sound tube delete and a JLT oil seperator.
m3.jpg

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
It's always been funny to me..."Stock" classes at NHRA events. That's when I learned about acid dipping for weight, acid porting...to leave the original cast part lines...and something called a thermo-quad:eek: Stock my ass! It was cool to see how the screws were put to stock appearing beasts. Dropped the tranny pan on a C6 trans...727 valve body...these old boys new their shit.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I hear ya...The rain has sucked nut I have to say it is a nicer car than I expected.

Start a build thread I would like to follow along. Mine is going to stay mellow the only thing I have picked up is a sound tube delete and a JLT oil seperator. View attachment 731206

I put it up on jack stands within a few days of getting it and just put it back on the floor last week.

So far I have installed:
* Ford Peformance Magneride Springs (20mm shorter, stiffer)
*Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
*FP full suspension bolt set
*BRM Cradle lock out kit CB005
*BMR jacking rails
*Steeda stainless X-pipe ( I have active exhaust so I don't need a cat back)
*Ford Performance Open ended lug nuts (since I am going with 3.5in ARP front and 2.9in ARP rear studs)
*UPR dual catch can set. I went with this set, because it mounts the dirty can up near the front of the car keeping heat away from it.

Oh, I removed the stock engine cover and installed a sound symposer delete as well. I took the nut off that holds the tube to the firewall while I had it in the air. Still took me an hour to get a few threads out until I could get a socket on it. It was very time consuming.

Waiting to be installed:
*MGW shifter and Capaldi Racing FP350S Delrin Knob.
*Sparco Ergo Seats.
*On order 2018-19 GT350R steering wheel.

I have a ton of stuff I want to buy, but I need to sort out what the car really needs. I will honestly probably only do one to three track events a year, but I want a wanna-be race car for the street. hahaha!
About 2 degrees of camber. I have to get a track alignment, but it's looking and driving good.
20190224_134807.jpg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I put it up on jack stands within a few days of getting it and just put it back on the floor last week.

So far I have installed:
* Ford Peformance Magneride Springs (20mm shorter, stiffer)
*Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
*FP full suspension bolt set
*BRM Cradle lock out kit CB005
*BMR jacking rails
*Steeda stainless X-pipe ( I have active exhaust so I don't need a cat back)
*Ford Performance Open ended lug nuts (since I am going with 3.5in ARP front and 2.9in ARP rear studs)
*UPR dual catch can set. I went with this set, because it mounts the dirty can up near the front of the car keeping heat away from it.

Oh, I removed the stock engine cover and installed a sound symposer delete as well. I took the nut off that holds the tube to the firewall while I had it in the air. Still took me an hour to get a few threads out until I could get a socket on it. It was very time consuming.

Waiting to be installed:
*MGW shifter and Capaldi Racing FP350S Delrin Knob.
*Sparco Ergo Seats.
*On order 2018-19 GT350R steering wheel.

I have a ton of stuff I want to buy, but I need to sort out what the car really needs. I will honestly probably only do one to three track events a year, but I want a wanna-be race car for the street. hahaha!
About 2 degrees of camber. I have to get a track alignment, but it's looking and driving good.
View attachment 731213

That is a nice start.

I really need to organize and RDP track event for everyone.