WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the LE's

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Cool, I'm going to use that excuse next time I'm caught with a brick of heroin in my car in the parking lot adjacent to my kids high school. :cool::p

Playing devils advocate here but is the car technically private property in this case? Maybe it happened on a lot that they don't own?

BadPoor313

Reaction score
Playing devils advocate here but is the car technically private property in this case? Maybe it happened on a lot that they don't own?

If the car is parked on school property then no its not considered private property and they can search any students car. Happened to myself a couple times in HS over bull shit. If any student claims they saw something in your car there going to search it. Now if the car was not parked on school property then thats a different story.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
And to think... Just how long ago was it that it was normal to have a stocked gun rack in the rear window of your pick-up truck?

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember driving my pickup to school with a shotgun, rifle and fishing pole in the rear window gun rack. We'd go hunting or fishing after school. Nobody thought anything of it.

Of course that was in the early 70's in NH so things were quite a bit different back then. Sure is a different world now.

A deal like this would have been handled by the kids or parents. Would have been a fist fight after school or the parents would have made the kid pay for the tires. More of a Ward Cleaver kind of thing!

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing. I remember driving my pickup to school with a shotgun, rifle and fishing pole in the rear window gun rack. We'd go hunting or fishing after school. Nobody thought anything of it.

Of course that was in the early 70's in NH so things were quite a bit different back then. Sure is a different world now.

A deal like this would have been handled by the kids or parents. Would have been a fist fight after school or the parents would have made the kid pay for the tires. More of a Ward Cleaver kind of thing!

Exactly!
I grew up in Ohio. The first day of deer season school would close.
I also remember a designated smoking area for students, and the teachers lounge was a smoking area.
BTW, I'm only 40, it really wasn't that long ago!

We would have duked it out in a situation like this. I been thumped more than once, and I've handed someone there azz a few times.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Kilr is right on the 626.10...I forgot all about that...been out too long..
There is something else to consider here, the school may not want it on their sheet to have a kid cited for a felony weapon possession. In our schools, it was exactly the opposite, zero tolerance period and no wiggle room for anyone. This needs to work out to your satisfaction, but I can tell you that if the kid walked, and the school didn't suspend or expel him, I would want to know, in detail, why.
When you talk to the school, I would ask for a written explanation documenting why they are not taking any action against this kid. Get it in writing.
Then, I would take said document to the next board of education meeting and ask if the document is within district and state guidelines. Hold the mirror up to the faces of these people and let them see clearly what they are doing by their inaction in this matter.
No discipline, no consequences for his actions in this matter is not going to teach him the lessons he needs to learn.

citylife

Reaction score
If the kid does something again; the school is busted for not doing anything this time and they are liable for any loss of property or life. They need to wake up.

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Just to clarify - the boy was suspended for 5 days. I still feel that this was light, and I'm going to express this concern and concerns about my son's safety with the schools administration.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
Just to clarify - the boy was suspended for 5 days. I still feel that this was light, and I'm going to express this concern and concerns about my son's safety with the schools administration.

The tires are being replaced, and the kid gets 5 days. Sounds pretty fair to me.
Do you want to teach the kid a lesson? I think this enough.
I wouldn't exactly think the kid deserves a felony and a 5-7 conviction and a permanent record so that he can never get a decent job.
He's a kid, and did something stupid.
Maybe you never did anything stupid, but I did (but, not that stupid;))

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
The tires are being replaced, and the kid gets 5 days. Sounds pretty fair to me.
Do you want to teach the kid a lesson? I think this enough.
I wouldn't exactly think the kid deserves a felony and a 5-7 conviction and a permanent record so that he can never get a decent job.
He's a kid, and did something stupid.
Maybe you never did anything stupid, but I did (but, not that stupid;))

I'm good with this, but I would like for him to receive a citation for the vandalsm.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm good with this, but I would like for him to receive a citation for the vandalsm.

x2 i didn't see that he was suspended for 5 days when i made my post, It says a lot that the dad called too ! Sounds like the rents are on top of their kid.