WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F'n thieves I hope you Die!!!

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
Aren't gun safes geared more for fire protecting than cutting open? I've been around my share of them and can't recall a single one claiming you can't cut it, but will sustain a 30 minute fire etc. I think if someone went to a manufacturer and said "hey, they cut into my safe", they'd look at you and say, "ya, and?"

The manufacturer covers the safe 100 percent from fire break in attempted break in but only if your insurance company does not cover it
Browning Warranty

ProSteel is the manufacturer of Browning Gun safes. ProSteel will warrant your safe for its lifetime against break-in, attempted break-in and fire to the original purchaser of any gun safe produced after January 1, 2006. Provide the proper documentation and ProSteel will replace or repair (at ProSteel?s discretion) your safe. ProSteel will arrange for and cover the shipping costs both to and from the factory and any locksmith costs necessary to open the safe.

BREAK-IN WARRANTY If your Browning/ProSteel safe is forcibly opened, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

ATTEMPTED BREAK-IN If your Browning/ProSteel safe has been attacked by forcible means, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

FIRE WARRANTY If your Browning/ProSteel safe is damaged in a house fire, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

ProSteel will need proper documentation which will include a copy of the fire or police report, a letter from your insurance company stating the claim is not covered, and a copy of your original purchase receipt. The delivery and pick-up of safes will be curbside.

Lock Warranty: Five year limited warranty begins the date of safe purchase and warrants the lock against defects in workmanship and materials to the original ownwer.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
The manufacturer covers the safe 100 percent from fire break in attempted break in but only if your insurance company does not cover it
Browning Warranty

ProSteel is the manufacturer of Browning Gun safes. ProSteel will warrant your safe for its lifetime against break-in, attempted break-in and fire to the original purchaser of any gun safe produced after January 1, 2006. Provide the proper documentation and ProSteel will replace or repair (at ProSteel?s discretion) your safe. ProSteel will arrange for and cover the shipping costs both to and from the factory and any locksmith costs necessary to open the safe.

BREAK-IN WARRANTY If your Browning/ProSteel safe is forcibly opened, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

ATTEMPTED BREAK-IN If your Browning/ProSteel safe has been attacked by forcible means, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

FIRE WARRANTY If your Browning/ProSteel safe is damaged in a house fire, ProSteel will replace or repair it at no cost to you.

ProSteel will need proper documentation which will include a copy of the fire or police report, a letter from your insurance company stating the claim is not covered, and a copy of your original purchase receipt. The delivery and pick-up of safes will be curbside.

Lock Warranty: Five year limited warranty begins the date of safe purchase and warrants the lock against defects in workmanship and materials to the original ownwer.

Sounds like they cover the safe, but not the contents?

Nordie

Reaction score
Cameras, theives do not like their faces exposed!

JBS

Reaction score
This Sucks

Sorry for the loss

FlatNv

Reaction score
Man that sucks!! happened to me a few years ago,same thing during the day, garage door... apparently the garage door is piece of shits favorite spot to break in (according to LVmetro)

I try to not get complacent any more seems like the minute you let your guard down some POS will hit you.:thumbsdown

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Man I feel for you. Had my house broken into when I lived in Baldwin Park. Don't think I've ever felt worse than that day.

:(

So sorry to hear about this.

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

Cajun

Reaction score
That's a pretty good policy they have. Unfortunately it doesn't cover contents.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
That's a pretty good policy they have. Unfortunately it doesn't cover contents.

It does seem like a good policy. Covering contents would be unrealistic though.

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks big time! Sorry for your loss. It's perhaps the closest thing a man feels to rape.

Did you have insurance on your firearms?

The NRA provides basic insurance to members and a vendor offers more:

ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance

All National Rifle Association members in good standing receive $2,500 of ArmsCare protection at no cost to them. To begin receiving this coverage members must activate their No Cost benefits by visiting the Benefits Activation Site.

But is $2,500 enough to cover your valuable firearms and accessories? For many sportsmen, it's not.

ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance provides NRA members with extra protection for their legal firearms and accessories up to $1,000,000 in coverage. Accessories include scopes, rings, mounts, slings and sling swivels, which are attached to the insured firearm.

ArmsCare Plus covers where most homeowners policies fall short. Firearms and accessories are protected against direct physical loss, damage, fire, and theft. Theft from a vehicle is covered when it is the result of breaking and entering a locked vehicle or locked portion of a vehicle.

Only firearms $2,500 or over must be scheduled but serial numbers are not required.

Purchase ArmsCare Plus Firearms coverage online today!

http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/ArmsCarePlus.htm

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
That sucks big time! Sorry for your loss. It's perhaps the closest thing a man feels to rape.

I know many that would disagree with that comment. I'm one of them.

There is absolutely no camparison between rape and burglary.

Garrddogg

Reaction score
Thats messed up.. sorry it happened to you, thank you for the reminder to fix my garage door.

77charger

Reaction score
That sucks to see but i got to agree they came prepared and knew what they wanted.Clean cut for a saw zall i was thinking a grinder with a cut wheel.

One thing for other gun owners who shoot often load and unload your car/truck as stealthy as possible keep them on the down low as if the popo were watching.

River Cowboy

Reaction score
so sorry man, glad your wife was not home if they are coming in it would not have stopped them
I do think some of the "somone you know" may not be hat far off base.
Big unrulie dogs are a pain in the ass but it does help with the lazy ones

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Hope your insurance comes thru on everything and so glad your family wasn't home. Tonight the cord got zip tied up and the flood lights on the back of the house replaced. This was an eye opener for me.

Trash

Reaction score
There's nothing more infuriating than people breaking in and robbing in this manner. I truly sympathize with you. You did everything right buy storing the items in a residential security container (RSC). The problem is these guys were pros and were armed with information.

The only way to prevent this, or at least seriously deter this, is to get a true safe. Problem is they cost a fortune and are heavy as all get out. Nearly all the "safes" we buy at Costco, Turners, Bass Pro Shops etc may look like safes they are in fact only classified as Residential Security Containers. As such they have no resistance to tool attacks such as this.

Safes will have 1/2" to 1.5" PLATE steel on all sides and weigh 2000-4000 lbs and have a TL15 to TL30 rating or higher.

Brown Safe (NOT Browing) in Vista, CA is one such company. (I'm not affiliated in any way).

I hope you get your stuff back or the goons involved have an AD to the head.

h2o225

Reaction score
Holy crap sorry for your loss. I got home tonight was stopped by the neighbor he told me the house up the street got cleaned out yesterday. The thieves came back while the husband was home. He hid in the down the hall called the cops. They got away a second time

Iam so glad our 8 houses is watched by video survalance. The neighbor is a detective an we all went with him and bought the same cameras. He then wired them all to a server that we can log into and see the neighborhood and our house. The DVD is off site so hopefully we will at least get pictures of the bastards.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The only way to prevent this, or at least seriously deter this, is to get a true safe. Problem is they cost a fortune and are heavy as all get out. Nearly all the "safes" we buy at Costco, Turners, Bass Pro Shops etc may look like safes they are in fact only classified as Residential Security Containers. As such they have no resistance to tool attacks such as this.

Safes will have 1/2" to 1.5" PLATE steel on all sides and weigh 2000-4000 lbs and have a TL15 to TL30 rating or higher.

I had a buddy in high school who's dad collected firearms, mostly long guns for hunting. I don't know safe terms, but they had what I'll call a safe that they basically built the house around. There was no way in hell that thing was going anywhere. The door alone felt like it had a ton of mass to it.

D

Deleted Account

Some friends had the tweakers visit again last week. They have some storage containers with 1/2" steel plate covering the doors, locks etc. Six months ago they didn't get in. This time they brought a plasma cutter. They got in.:thumbsdown

truggyboy

Reaction score
Man that sucks, sorry that happened and glad your family wasn't there when the assholes robbed you. I know the first think Im gonna do when I get back to the river is zip tie the garage door manual release.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Some friends had the tweakers visit again last week. They have some storage containers with 1/2" steel plate covering the doors, locks etc. Six months ago they didn't get in. This time they brought a plasma cutter. They got in.:thumbsdown

Gawd damm. I'm gussing your friends with the zip line. Damm sorry to hear this.

D

Deleted Account

Gawd damm. I'm gussing your friends with the zip line. Damm sorry to hear this.

Happens like clock work. They bought an alarm, so the tweakers ran over the telco pedestal out front by the road, too. I think they should just leave rattle snakes inside of the lockers.:thumbsup

jarrettolson

Reaction score
This really sucks and I hope those POS get the hard karma they deserve.

I open safes for a living, I see burglarized safes often and some of the display units throughout the industry will show a cutaway to convey to customers what a quality safe burglary rated looks like. Thick steel with backfilled concrete carbide matrix vs sheet metal and gypsum board fire insulation. Your safe looks like a display unit I have seen in the past.

Tools
Time
Talent

I try and reinforce these "Three T's" when I discuss with potential safe buyers what it takes for someone to open a safe.

Time is probably the biggest thing. Proper anchoring of a safe so they cannot take the safe with them (unlimited time at that point). I like having layers of security including a monitored home alarm (this includes a sensor on your garage door), good locks, nosy neighbors, barking dogs will cut down on the time a thief can spend in your home. You can easily wire a sensor on your garage door and hook it up to a relay on your overhead garage door opener light so when you open the garage door with your clicker it does not set off the alarm. But when a POS uses this same technique mentioned in this thread and the door is opened without the overhead openers light coming on from the clicker the alarm will instantly sound (zero delay).

My opinion is these guys had two of the three t's working for them, a decent amount of time and tools. The cutout of the safe looks like it was done by a dual saw. Those things will rip open a safe body with similar construction techniques in less than 3-5 minutes. That is a really unique way of opening a safe, I would speak to a detective to see if there has been any other burglaries within the area that had a safe burglarized in a similar way. Looks like a potential for the third T (talent) or experience as some might call it.

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score
I know many that would disagree with that comment. I'm one of them.

There is absolutely no camparison between rape and burglary.

Many would disagree if they mis-read the statement like you did :rolleyes:

I said, "It's perhaps the closest thing a man feels to rape."

Having people in your house where you and your family live, going through your possessions and stealing your stuff, making you feel violated and un-safe that day and in the future. I've been there and it's how I felt.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Many would disagree if they mis-read the statement like you did :rolleyes:

I said, "It's perhaps the closest thing a man feels to rape."

Having people in your house where you and your family live, going through your possessions and stealing your stuff, making you feel violated and un-safe that day and in the future. I've been there and it's how I felt.

Take it as you will. Defend it all you want.

You wrote very clearly. I didn't misread it.

You obviously have zero first hand experience with rape victims and I assume you're not a rape victim yourself. On the other hand, I have experience with several rape victims. I also have first hand experience with burlaries and burg victims. Based on my professional and personal experience, I'd without a doubt say it's MUCH worse being raped than having your possessions stolen. Obviously.

To assume that being burged is "perhaps close" to being raped is idiotic.

LOL. I can hear it now. If you ever have the misfortune of talking to a woman (or man) that has been raped.................."Oh yeah, perhaps I almost know how you feel. My house got burglarized one time".

Try it, tell us how it goes for you.

Clueless and disrespectful.

I'll stand by that. ;)

You do have a very familiar demeaner.

I'm done with you.

Last edited:

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. Breaks ins in good neighborhoods happen only with inside info.
As for preventing this, since point of entry way the garage. Openers like mine will help prevent. Jackshaft opener and that ripcord is tuff ti pull on. There is also a deadbolt that gets thrown automatically everytime it shuts. These are not much more than a chain or belt drive opener. If they still get in there is nothing like a 1TB hard drive hidden to record the whole thing.
3a6e5u9e.jpg

va2a2e4u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Burglary sucks, sorry this happened. You might consider a good alarm system including perimeter and multiple motion detectors, monitored with police response including a radio transmitter in event they cut power and/or phone. I've used these systems on home and business for several years, knock on wood haven't had attempts. I consider the costs, insurance.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I had my house burglarized while I was home... and sleeping :thumbsdown

I found out a few weeks later who had done it and it definitely happened because of one of those drunk neighbor friends of a friend had stopped by (inside job).

The most fuk'd up part about the whole ordeal is your sleeping patterns after it has happened. I had alarm systems, computer monitoring, barking dogs, guns, the whole deal...

Yet you still sleep like shit for a long time after. Every damn noise you can possibly imagine you think.... "fuckers are back for more!"

I was scared to death I was going to shoot my wife in the middle of the night thinking I heard something while half a sleep in my house.

Once I found out who it was I was so angry that I nearly did something that could have changed my entire life, but thats a whole other story.

FUCK THIEVES!!!!!!

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
Burglary sucks, sorry this happened. You might consider a good alarm system including perimeter and multiple motion detectors, monitored with police response including a radio transmitter in event they cut power and/or phone. I've used these systems on home and business for several years, knock on wood haven't had attempts. I consider the costs, insurance.

Winner Winner chicken dinner
good alarm and pay the monthly monitoring fee

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190649028759
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOAT-TRA...089d56&vxp=mtr

D

Deleted Account

I have to say, having seen way too many photos from thefts, the boys doing the stealing roll in with a hoodie and a bandana on and cover up. I have shown quite a few photo's to SO's taken after customer thefts. He says "do you know him? I don't" They take the pics but I've yet to see that ever work.

A good alarm with the proper backup in case they cut power/telco is a good way to go, so far. We have also used some well hidden trail cameras and those we were lucky with and got some plate info. Best thing you can do is hide all your fun stuff, people are always looking.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My house was broken into yesterday broad daylight 3 neighbors home didn't see anything. They got in through my garage door by pulling the manual lever to the door with a coat hanger tossed all the drawers cut a hole in the top of my gun safe took 2 revolvers and my AR15 they had 4 of my other rifles ready to go but did not get to take them. They made quick work of my gun safe they turned it sideways and cut a triangle hole at the top corner to pull everything out. They also got 5 watches my coin collection misc. jewelry some purses of my wife's birth certificate old ID's and SS card that were all in with the coin collection in a wooden box in my closet. I hope they have a gun cleaning accident I hate thieves.

And I know its the economy..

Any updates?