WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F'n thieves I hope you Die!!!

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
My house was broken into yesterday broad daylight 3 neighbors home didn't see anything. They got in through my garage door by pulling the manual lever to the door with a coat hanger tossed all the drawers cut a hole in the top of my gun safe took 2 revolvers and my AR15 they had 4 of my other rifles ready to go but did not get to take them. They made quick work of my gun safe they turned it sideways and cut a triangle hole at the top corner to pull everything out. They also got 5 watches my coin collection misc. jewelry some purses of my wife's birth certificate old ID's and SS card that were all in with the coin collection in a wooden box in my closet. I hope they have a gun cleaning accident I hate thieves.

And I know its the economy..

Attachments

• 20120917_174640.jpg
    20120917_174640.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7,750
  • 20120917_174645.jpg
    20120917_174645.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7,711

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
That fuking blows.
It doesn't look like they are new at this..

copterzach

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Thieves suck. What did they cut the safe with?

Flynryan

Reaction score
Note to everyone to put a zip tie on that manual pull down lever.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is a professional job. Jeezus, I hope they get caught, FUK THIEVES. I know your guns and such are a huge loss, but a birth cert and SS card may cause you and your wife hugh issues and that coin collection is so sentimental. Wow, sorry to hear. I hope they are caught and shot, and hung. and shot again.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Wow. That sucks.

I'd never thought of cutting through a safe like that. Then again, I don't have a criminal mind. The cut appears to be really clean. Looks like a sawsall maybe?

Sorry to hear this. I hope they get caught and you get your stuff back soon.

Who knows you have a gun safe? Anyone come to your house lately to do work that might have seen it?

Last edited:

MCnParker

Reaction score
Where are you located? I know in our neighborhood their have been 5 or 6 daytime break in's in the last 9 months. Sounds very similar....

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
Where are you located? I know in our neighborhood their have been 5 or 6 daytime break in's in the last 9 months. Sounds very similar....

I'm in Yorba Linda by imperial and rose

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Man, that's terrible........ :thumbsdown

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
They knew what you had and where you had it.
Inside information.
They had time.
They were pros.
Make sure you print those pics and take them to the manufacturer of your gun safe. It would be nice to know how they react when confronted with the pics.

lebel409

Reaction score
Mine's bolted to the floor...Still hard to imagine a sawzall getting through 3/8" steel in a resonable amount of time.

Any contractors work on your house lately?

Hope you get your stuff back.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
That's horrible news, my father in law live over in that area. That's unheard of.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Inside information.
They had time.
They were pros.
Make sure you print those pics and take them to the manufacturer of your gun safe. It would be nice to know how they react when confronted with the pics.

This was my initial thought as well.........

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this man.....cutting through the safe blows!

Things can be replaced.....sounds cliche but thank god everyone is OK.

All the best and I hope they catch the bastards!!!

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Man that is a clean cut for a sawzall. Shit I could not do that with a new blade on plywood. :D

When I saw that my first thought was a circular saw like they cut people out of vehicles. I know the cuts do not match but one of those would be quicker and easier. Just sayin. :D

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this man.....cutting through the safe blows!

Things can be replaced.....sounds cliche but thank god everyone is OK.

All the best and I hope they catch the bastards!!!

Agree. You roll up on that going about your day out of the blue things could have been tragic.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Holy shiat. That blows. :thumbsdown

I gonna zip tie my garage door thingey. Been meaning to replace my side door with one with a deadbolt. I need to get on that.

FYI, have your wife contact a credit bureau. She can put a password on her credit for a period of time. If anyone applies for credit they have to provide the password in order to open a new account. Hopefully that will stop any attempted identity theft.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Thieves suck......Definitely had to be pros who heard or were provided some info. I wouldn't think they'd have the equipment to cut into a safe on a regualr b&e, but who knows now a days.

I'd be hounding the local LE's for info on similar breakins. Curious if the safecutting is common. If not they may strike again and the odds improve of catching them and cutting their nuts off.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
That sucks - As a few others have commented, I wonder if someone knew about your gunsafe.

A friend of mine had his house robbed a few years ago in the middle of the day - The theifs broks his sliding glass door in the backyard and went through everything in the house - They got their electronics, jewelry, and some cash. One of his neighbors has a security camera and captured the car that the theifs used. The car sat in the street for about 20 minutes, then his garage door opened, the car backed into the garage, and a few minutes later it was gone. The theifs were in the house staging everything in the garage while the getaway car was in the street as a lookout.

It's a good time to know your neighbors and keep an eye out especially during the day.

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
Thieves suck......Definitely had to be pros who heard or were provided some info. I wouldn't think they'd have the equipment to cut into a safe on a regualr b&e, but who knows now a days.

I'd be hounding the local LE's for info on similar breakins. Curious if the safecutting is common. If not they may strike again and the odds improve of catching them and cutting their nuts off.

The cops were surprised to see the safe cut like that

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure I am going to get my alarm system hooked back up and monitored again, I have been putting it off but looks like its time. Sorry you had this happen, my house was broken in to a few years back while I was at the river for a holiday weekend. Karma will get them, two of the assclowns are dead, one is in prison. :thumbsup
The fucked up part is now I don't like to leave the house for vacations knowing what can happen makes me worry the whole time I am gone:grumble:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Think back and try and remember who was in there the past couple months.

They knew you had a Gun Safe I would think.

Also thieves target guns specifically getting names off rifle and gun registry's and such. Coins and purse were a bonus.

Very sorry this happened to you. Sure is violating. :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
That sucks - As a few others have commented, I wonder if someone knew about your gunsafe.

A friend of mine had his house robbed a few years ago in the middle of the day - The theifs broks his sliding glass door in the backyard and went through everything in the house - They got their electronics, jewelry, and some cash. One of his neighbors has a security camera and captured the car that the theifs used. The car sat in the street for about 20 minutes, then his garage door opened, the car backed into the garage, and a few minutes later it was gone. The theifs were in the house staging everything in the garage while the getaway car was in the street as a lookout.

It's a good time to know your neighbors and keep an eye out especially during the day.

We know are neighbors very well my wife grew up in the house we live in same neighbors for 30 years the 3 that were home said nothing was out of the ordinary they couldn't have cased the place because my wife is usually home on mondays the exception for yesterday was our friend had a baby sunday night so she took the kids to daycare so she could go see the new baby

BMABITY

Reaction score
Shit, that is a nice part of town too. Sucks man, hope they catch these fuckers. I live in YL also and we have been having some issues with thieves, scary to know that they want the guns that bad. Please update the thread if you hear anything on catching these fuck faces....

NicPaus

Reaction score
That is a clean cut for a sawzall. Did they drill out each corner first? Like mentioned most likely someone you knew or had inside info. Happened to me years ago. Have not seen the piece of shit since.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Carbide saw blade... No problem...See it done.

This is crazy... As another member said send those pictures to the people you purchased ur gun safe from. What kind is it?

So sorry to hear man...

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
You know the person who did this. They were prepared and knew exactly what they were going for.

Think real hard about the "buddy" your stupid friend (don't we all have one dumbass in the group?) brought over one night when he was drunk.

Sucks man, suck it up go on with life, be glad your wife and kid were not there. If you ever find out who it is, I'll be glad to help you get your shit back :skull

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I live, not too far away. It's funny, when I work out of the house (during the day), how many of people that stick biz cards and brochures into the doors come by. It seems like an open house. Really makes you wonder. I've cut my cord off and grinded the manual release from my garage door after seeing some youtube video's. Sorry for your loss, hating focken thieves!

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Can we go back to the garage door thingy? Is that the pull cord in the garage that if the power is out or something you pull it and then you can release the lock? How did they get inside the garage in the first place. I just recently started locking my car because my garage door opener is in there. And now I lock the door from the garage that leads into the laundry room.

Fuck reading shit like this sucks!!

Do I need to hide the pull cord up inside the plastic dealy whopper where the light and opener motor is?

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Can we go back to the garage door thingy? Is that the pull cord in the garage that if the power is out or something you pull it and then you can release the lock? How did they get inside the garage in the first place. I just recently started locking my car because my garage door opener is in there. And now I lock the door from the garage that leads into the laundry room.

Do I need to hide the pull cord up inside the plastic dealy whopper where the light and opener motor is?

Most of the ones I've seen do it is with a garage with windows on the top of the door. they pop the windows out or panel and run a coat hanger to the quick release and their in within a matter of seconds.

Putting a zip tie or welding it disables the feature so they cant do this. More so its just another deterrent as they will look for another door, window etc. If they want to get in they will unfortunately.

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Most of the ones I've seen do it is with a garage with windows on the top of the door. they pop the windows out or panel and run a coat hanger to the quick release and their in within a matter of seconds.

Putting a zip tie or welding it disables the feature so they cant do this. More so its just another deterrent as they will look for another door, window etc. If they want to get in they will unfortunately.

Ok maybe a dumb question but mine is just a nylon cord with a plastic grab handle...what are you talking about welding? I don't have any windows in my garage or a side (human size) door either. Do I need to worry about the rope dealy?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ok maybe a dumb question but mine is just a nylon cord with a plastic grab handle...what are you talking about welding? I don't have any windows in my garage or a side (human size) door either. Do I need to worry about the rope dealy?

Heres a video. I live in Yorba Linda also. Need to zip tie my 2 doors now.

[video=youtube;hhRqbvJ82rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhRqbvJ82rs[/video]

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Check this video out

[video=youtube;CMz1tXBVT1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMz1tXBVT1s[/video]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Inside information.
They had time.
They were pros.

Yep. Whoever did it has been in his garage before. I'm curious what kind of safe that is. Either way this freakin blows.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

sirbob

Reaction score
WOW - it would seem that I have been living under a false feeling of security with having a gun safe. That looks like a knife through butter.

On a related note - I have a jack drive mounted on the side of the garage door with a dead bold that goes through the track when the door is closed. I wonder if there is some easy way to open that like the traditional overhead opener?

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I guess you kinda need the windows on your garage door for this to be possible right? Or else they can't see where to hook the hanger too?

The video I posted didn't have windows.

rampgirlll

Reaction score
djunkie watch that video....I don't even think tying back the pull cord would do any good....crap this makes me nervous.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I guess you kinda need the windows on your garage door for this to be possible right? Or else they can't see where to hook the hanger too?

No, look at Havasu1986 video that he posted. Windows do not make a difference. Just need to make the hoop on the wire with a bigger bend.

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Wanted big buff dude to rent a room...must be a light sleeper and own a gun.:( Discount on rent if ya feed my dog and water my plants while I'm outta town.

CRAZYEYE

Reaction score
Carbide saw blade... No problem...See it done.

This is crazy... As another member said send those pictures to the people you purchased ur gun safe from. What kind is it?

So sorry to hear man...

Its a Browning Pro steel gun safe I got it at Bass pro shops It was 12 gauge steel I will upgrading to 4 or 7 gauge steel on the next one.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
The video I posted didn't have windows.

Ya I just went back and watched that. I saw one of those videos a while ago. I'll have to go put a zip tie on my garage door. I'm home during the day so that cuts back the chances of us having a daytime break in but it always possible.

rampgirlll

Reaction score
But one of those videos they flip the metal latch that the rope hangs from.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
But one of those videos they flip the metal latch that the rope hangs from.

You zip tie that latch so they can't do it. I had mine done at one time but had to cut it off to fix the door a whole back. Need to put it back on.

Cajun

Reaction score
Aren't gun safes geared more for fire protecting than cutting open? I've been around my share of them and can't recall a single one claiming you can't cut it, but will sustain a 30 minute fire etc. I think if someone went to a manufacturer and said "hey, they cut into my safe", they'd look at you and say, "ya, and?"

Ryphraph

Reaction score
That had to make a hell of a racket cutting that with a sawzall...

Ryph