WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flippy floppys.......

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I consider myself an expert in the sandle field. I wear flip flops around 340 days a year, at home and work. The one limitation I have is I wear size 15, so if the company dosen't make a big foot version I don't know about it.

If your going with the leather, Rainbow is the best even with the long break in period. I havn't got any in a few years. I tried the Sanuk this year (I had a free pair coupon) I like them but I only wear the leather version on special occations.

The rubber version, Rainbows are OK, however I like more arch support. I can't believe no one has mentioned Scott Hawaii. They are the best IMO. Good support, I've never pulled the strap out, I always wear though the soul first. They are price very well, I order from the factory in Hawaii so I'm not sure what the store price is.

I started wearing CHACOS a while back very comfortable and with the best arch support I have ever had in flip flops.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have a stable of Reefs. They seem to fit me well.

Sent from the mother f____ing Droid.

triangleman

Reaction score
The Sandleman flip flops will last until you lose them or a dog chews them to pieces.:grumble: He has a shop in a small industrial building in Newport Beach where they are made and where he will repair them. Bring along a six pack of good beer and who knows what kind of deal you will get. He also makes the standard flip flop with extra arch support for a couple extra dollars ( my preference ). He will also trim them for a perfect fit.

The Sandleman

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I just buy the cheapo ones at Walmart (the nicer of the cheapo ones). I would be perfectly happy with flip flops on nice days and work boots on cold days.

SIDE NOTE *** Who the F wants to use a bottle opener on the bottom of your flip flop to open your beer after you walked across a piss covered, public restroom floor. I never got that. :D

linus3

Reaction score
Rainbows from San Clemente. Nuff said. :thumbsup

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Sanuk beer can coozie slaps. I'm like you, love my flip flops. By far the beer can coozie slaps are the most comfortable pair I have EVER owned. I have owned a lot of different manufacturers like you have as well...

BTW, if you got to the Rainbow store in San Clemente they are about $15 cheaper...

Do they last? Not into 32 dollar flops unless they wear well!

lebel409

Reaction score
I wear them 24/7, 363 daya a year...

Started with Beach Comber Bills, Rainbows, reefs...every damned sandal out there.

Issues...

Pull through, narrow sandals (wide feet), no arch...biggest issue is stink. Some sandals are fine for a week or two...then they get ripe. Some wash out, others stay stinky.

Leather tops seem to work out the best, but no "stock" flop works well. So after a few weeks or a few months they die.

I'm gonna try the Sandalman next chance I get.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I consider myself an expert in the sandle field. I wear flip flops around 340 days a year, at home and work. The one limitation I have is I wear size 15, so if the company dosen't make a big foot version I don't know about it.

If your going with the leather, Rainbow is the best even with the long break in period. I havn't got any in a few years. I tried the Sanuk this year (I had a free pair coupon) I like them but I only wear the leather version on special occations.

The rubber version, Rainbows are OK, however I like more arch support. I can't believe no one has mentioned Scott Hawaii. They are the best IMO. Good support, I've never pulled the strap out, I always wear though the soul first. They are price very well, I order from the factory in Hawaii so I'm not sure what the store price is.

Good info. I had no idea anybody made flip flops past size 13. I usually just go to Sports Chalet and hope something fits.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I am gonna by me a pair of them Teva Fossil Canyon models this summer.
I have crap flip flops for wearing around the house, but if I am going someplace I want more support if I am gonna be on my feet. I am picky about shoes because they make a big difference in how my back feels. I have a pair of Clark Sandals that are about 20 years old, they are okay, but I checked out the Tevas at Cabelas in Reno last fall...shoulda bought 'em then.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
For those guys with big feet (I wear a 15 too) my wife buys all my shies at oddball.com. They have all the "plus size" shoes lol

As for RBs question I wear reefs and love them. Have three pairs right how :D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don't wear them much, both my jobs require boots.

I get 50% off everything Oneil so I find what model I like and go with it. (most of them are probably other co. brand knock offs).

Mine usually get eaten by the dogs or rot out at the river house so I pick up a pair each year, that way I have a pair in boat/ truck /jeep.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Well the good news is got out to the River and found one of my old pairs of rainbows...so I gave the reefs to my Jew brother.:thumbsup:thumbsup

JBS

Reaction score
Well the good news is got out to the River and found one of my old pairs of rainbows...so I gave the reefs to my Jew brother.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Problem solved

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Rainbows? Are you guys kidding me......sounds like a bunch a :gayfight are wearing these things. Just sayin!;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am gonna by me a pair of them Teva Fossil Canyon models this summer.
I have crap flip flops for wearing around the house, but if I am going someplace I want more support if I am gonna be on my feet. I am picky about shoes because they make a big difference in how my back feels. I have a pair of Clark Sandals that are about 20 years old, they are okay, but I checked out the Tevas at Cabelas in Reno last fall...shoulda bought 'em then.

Maybe Nord can get em??

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Rainbows hands down are still the best flip flop, I don't think the quality has changed much, i have a pair of regular ones and the 'premium' leather ones (the $3 extra ones, whatever the hell they mean by premium i have no idea, but whatever) Both pairs are awesome. They have to be broken in! they always feel horrible when they are brand new, you gotta let them form to your foot, it usually takes about 2 weeks of daily wear.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I left a message with my rainbow rep to find out if Rainbow is making their products differently or not.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this Billdo. I am not proud to say that I am a over glorified Al Bundy but I am. I am very good at what I do as far as sizing peoples feet when it comes to shoes. For those who wear sandals way more than we should, we end up with bad feet and by bad feet I mean our feet are sensitive to newer shoes, sandals etc. I think that if you put your time into breaking in a new pair, they will break in and shape out like your old ones in no time.

Our shoes don't become our "old friends" until we hang out with the enough. While ordering Rainbow, I picked some "outside the box" as far as thinking goes styles that were really soft rubber for the "older" guys ;)

When I get my first shipment in next week or the week after, your more than welcome to stop by and we can try them out :)

I will also update this thread and let everyone know if they are making their sandals different.

SKIA36

Reaction score

Scotts, hands down, the best. I have several pairs, the first thing to wear out is the bottoms at the heal after about 10 years. Nice arch support, good grip, you can wear them all day and walk miles without blisters.

sirbob

Reaction score

Well then - all is right in the world again...:D

randyjet

Reaction score
Teva all the way last forever and are the most comfortable.

dezertrider

Reaction score
Sorry Bildo,

I just got my Oakleys broke in and I perfer them over my Rainbows

Mock Auntie

Reaction score
Rainbows? Are you guys kidding me......sounds like a bunch a :gayfight are wearing these things. Just sayin!;)

Heeheehee
This is funnier to me than it should be.
I've got a pair of rainbows and I won't even say where I got them. :lmao: Someone will think this is funny. :D
The official shoe of jetboaters everywhere :) I looove mine btw. ;)

sent from my 4th new Droid2

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
Dave, get a pair of custom Van's , they may hook you up with RDP Specials !!:D

SloWhacker

Banned
Reaction score
Baller FFs....WTF??? Do all of u chk 2 see if each other wearin fitty-sitty dollar 1s???:gayfight lol Flojos ftw....:cool:

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
RB. I just got a pair of Oakley's, First couple of days not so good but as they break in there getting better. I will let you know how they go later this summer.
I used to go to the Rainbow factory store here in San Clemente for a new pair every couple of years and then I discovered a pair of Oakley's!!

I have a few pairs as I found them in the Oakley factory store on closeout a couple of years ago at $19 a pr for the leather ones and I am still trying to wear them out....the best most comfortable flip flops that I have owned....never going back to Rainbows again!

Not sure Oakley's are worth the $50 a pr that they normally get but they sure are comfortable!!!

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Heeheehee
This is funnier to me than it should be.
I've got a pair of rainbows and I won't even say where I got them. :lmao: Someone will think this is funny. :D
The official shoe of jetboaters everywhere :) I looove mine btw. ;)

sent from my 4th new Droid2

Only wear them in the water once. They will be so comfy. :thumbsup

I lost my original pair, they were molded to my feet, I miss them. They had a lot of great miles on them... :(