WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flame schemes still cool.?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Good luck. if it works out you might save a couple grand over buying one here.
Getting a smoking deal on it. Just hope its not beat to shit when i get there and waste $900 on the flight over there.. Praying!!!

Powermizer

Reaction score
Getting a smoking deal on it. Just hope its not beat to shit when i get there and waste $900 on the flight over there.. Praying!!!
Yea, good luck on your find. I had many guys tell me how nice there boats were, then I would ask for more pictures, I would have to look real close to find some of the problems. Seems like most don’t want to disclose everything. It’s always (it’s in super shape for the year). Hope it works out for you.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Flames are so yesterday....It's all about TRON graphics now.

View attachment 624463
Don’t be a dick, Grads.
Bringing your drama from other social media here?
And, don’t be a Dick. :D
That boat is what I’m calling “New Tribal” it’s drawn and being bought by a Native American guy and his family.
He drew the concept himself.
I had a lot of fun doing this job. It was far and away from the typical silver and blue, or silver and red, etc.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Honestly I never loved flames, but I wanted a Sabre so bad. The price was right so I got it. I have to say, I like them more and more. The blue outlines that are hard to see in the picture are awsome, and the color fade is done very nice. to each his own, I guess.
Very nice? The fade is nice? :mad:
It’s fricken awesome, man!
:D

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Always liked these flames

Attachments

• 3714B3DE-6976-494E-9AA2-68037DEBD4D7.jpeg
    3714B3DE-6976-494E-9AA2-68037DEBD4D7.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 154

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
I wouldn't have flames now. Between having a clunky old 35 foot v-hull and flames we are relegated to hanging out with Bayliners, Sea Rays, and pontoon boats.

The hot boat crowd now is top of the line cats or nothing.

catalina.jpg

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I like flames, done right. I like checkers, done right. Lightning bolts, mixed with checkers, like my boat has...I just don't know. I go thru phases of like/dislike. Still better than most Kachinas! But it definitely screams 90's.

If I ever had to re-gel mine, all white is where it would go.

ZA_800 (2).jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Flames still look good to me. Better than checkers :)

Jmp

Reaction score
IMG_1273.JPG
here’s my 28 daytona with flames. Wouldn’t have been my first choice of design, but the colors meant more to
me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I like flames, done right. I like checkers, done right. Lightning bolts, mixed with checkers, like my boat has...I just don't know. I go thru phases of like/dislike. Still better than most Kachinas! But it definitely screams 90's.

If I ever had to re-gel mine, all white is where it would go.

View attachment 624608

I would rather have checkers than tribal flames.
IMG_0603.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I totally forgot about this boat! You could put checkers on the seats in a lightning storm and light the motor on flames and this boat would still be super sexy. Remember having to pick my chin up off the floor first time i saw this one in person.

jbird

Reaction score
I aqree...Who's boat is this? I've seen it before. Big fan of the color combo

It was one of the infused hulls that had delamination issues. At one point the owner at the time was looking to part it out but I think it may have been fixed instead. Here is a link to the story.

http://www.performanceboats.com/gra...lamination-issues-3.html#/topics/86904?page=1

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know where it is at today as well. Hate to think it got parted out and the hull cut up. Such a great looking boat.

Tank

Reaction score
It was one of the infused hulls that had delamination issues. At one point the owner at the time was looking to part it out but I think it may have been fixed instead. Here is a link to the story.

http://www.performanceboats.com/gra...lamination-issues-3.html#/topics/86904?page=1

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know where it is at today as well. Hate to think it got parted out and the hull cut up. Such a great looking boat.

First off, blast from the HB days with the names of posters in that thread. Second, that is absolutely the most beautiful Ultra I've ever seen inside and out and what an absolute tragedy it had delam issues so bad the hull was totaled. Now my interest is TOTALLY peaked. I want to know where that thing is now and if it was parted out or what? Intriguing.

milkmoney

Reaction score
First off, blast from the HB days with the names of posters in that thread. Second, that is absolutely the most beautiful Ultra I've ever seen inside and out and what an absolute tragedy it had delam issues so bad the hull was totaled. Now my interest is TOTALLY peaked. I want to know where that thing is now and if it was parted out or what? Intriguing.
U need to calm down tiger [emoji6] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Flames are the only reason I don't have an Ultra 23 Shadow in my garage right now.

I'm not tough enough for those or a black Harley.