WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fathers Facebook Revenge

drtywhat

Reaction score
Just watched this video from my Facebook acct. I thought this man was genius. Wonder what happens when she leaves her shoes out BNAG

BigQ

Reaction score
LOL, Hillbilly IT guy!:D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Outstanding! :thumbsup

This ties in well with the LA Beach thread as far as reinstilling responsibility and respect in our youth.

dezertrider

Reaction score
Just went to a CHP teen driving class with my son. The officer encouraged parents to go through there kids FB accounts. Ive been doingt this with my son since he joined FB

Oh yeah, the new Red Asphalt movie has lots of real dead people in it

6 Dollar Boat

Reaction score
Going through similar situation.... a 14 year old boy at my daughters school thinks it's OK to email an 11 year old girl and ask her about her sex life. I closed all her email accounts, and have a meeting with his parents and the principal today. Kids don't understand the effects internet posts can have on their future.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Classic! I think I will share this with my kids as a "teaching moment" :D

Reaction score
Tough love.

Awesome

Yes brotha's have iPhones too!

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Try that in California and you will end up in jail. Destruction of private property, discharging a weapon within the city or county within 500 yards of a residence, using a firearm to intimidate a minor. Child abuse because she can no longer access facebook, false imprisonment because she is grounded.
Identity theft for using her facebook account to post the video. Computer hacking for accessing a password protected account, ect, ect, lol:D

On a serious note, good for him, that kid sounds like a spoiled brat! She is in for a reality check when she gets out in the real world!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Facebook is fucking up the next generation. :thumbsdown

I don't allow my kids to go on facebook :smackbum: They can get it when they move out of my house :drillsergeant:

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Going through similar situation.... a 14 year old boy at my daughters school thinks it's OK to email an 11 year old girl and ask her about her sex life. I closed all her email accounts, and have a meeting with his parents and the principal today. Kids don't understand the effects internet posts can have on their future.

I have a term for this, "Keyboard Cowboy". Unfortunately it isn't outgrown for some people. Texting and email has given some people the ability to say things they would never say in person or even on the phone. Somehow it's OK to be completely disrespectful and follow it with "lol" or a smiley face just in case they get called out on it. First Myspace and now Facebook. Private messages so they can make inappropriate remarks to attached people, or in this case, WAY too young, and see where it goes.
My patience for this is getting very thin. They are "leg humpers". Just like little rat dogs waiting for women to stop long enough to hump their leg.

ConcreteDr

Reaction score
So ..... Question for the Dads with Daughters

do you think ?

A) he is doing the right thing to teach a 15 yo girl and she will now be more respectful ?

B) This just pushed her further away and she will be MIA soon ??

JMC

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. He made a video complaining about his daughters FB post and how she was showing lack of respect and complaining about him? Shouldnt he not repeat what his daughter is doing. Shouldnt dad just take the high road in this situation and understand kids have been bitching and complaining since the beginning of time? Im all about beating your own kids:p, but this guy handled things poorly. First of all, put the damn cigarette down before you make a video for the WORLD...this will shave off a few loser points, plus make you look a little more respectable... DAD. Second, lose the Moonshiner hat that is making you look like you spend time behind the woodpile which is next to the gate of the goat pen.

NOW, your speech had good points and I know you had good intentions, but when you pulled out the $300 .45 and shot holes in your daughters puter, no less in your BACK Frigging Yard with traffic passing in the background you became a Hick.

Im not saying the guy doesnt care for his daughter or provide for her, this just really isnt something Im able to cheer on.

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The guys a show off, just like his little girl. I'll bet I got better results years ago with a 20 oz framing hammer on a Playstation, with out saying a word.

Riodog

Reaction score
I'm thinkin the last 2 posters don't frickin fit in around here. JMHO.
Rio

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
How long until his daughter is a stripper?

linus3

Reaction score
Facebook is fucking up the next generation. :thumbsdown

I don't allow my kids to go on facebook :smackbum: They can get it when they move out of my house :drillsergeant:

X2. :thumbsup

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking the whole video is B.S., dude probably had an extra laptop laying around and wanted to make a viral video. Sounded a little "rehearsed" to me.:bsflag:

dezertrider

Reaction score
Rio

I agree, Do you know how many parents dont check what there kids do on the internet. Hopefully this gets a few parents to step up and get involved in there kids shit. I just talked to a CHP officer who said in most fatalitys of teenagers you could look up there Facebook account and see it coming or get clues to what happened. Just like a few here they are tuff and awesome on the internet

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Rio

Why, because I'm not applauding the guy for doing the same thing a teen age girl did? :rolleyes:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I agree, Do you know how many parents dont check what there kids do on the internet. Hopefully this gets a few parents to step up and get involved in there kids shit. I just talked to a CHP officer who said in most fatalitys of teenagers you could look up there Facebook account and see it coming or get clues to what happened. Just like a few here they are tuff and awesome on the internet

What does that havve to do with keeping track of your kids?

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
If she did everything around the house that she stated I agree with her. Your kids are not your slave!! Get your own coffee and clean up after yourself that's the way we roll. Chores yes but slave no way teach them some respect and treat your kids the way you want to be treated it will go a long way. I guess I'm not a red neck

cnj

Reaction score
Fully support him. Tough love, baby. Welcome to the real world!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So ..... Question for the Dads with Daughters

do you think ?

A) he is doing the right thing to teach a 15 yo girl and she will now be more respectful ?

B) This just pushed her further away and she will be MIA soon ??

I vote B.

Kids learn what their parents teach them.

Here we have a guy who just shot up the laptop HE PAID FOR!!! Easy to see where she got all her smarts from. :rolleyes:

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Thank god discharging fire arms in lake Forrest is illegal. Shovels on the other hand are passed out like halloween candy in the desert rider household. :D

Sent from my African American iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Your kids aren't gonna develop a work ethic on Facebook or playing video games. Chores with reward are great. Computer, phone line and allowance are great ways to teach kids how to earn their way through life. I had my own phone line when I was a youngster and when I ran it up to $400 I worked Saturday and Sunday's and holidays for months to pay it off. $5 an hour until it was paid. I'll never forget the sense of accomplishment i got when I wrote the final hours down and penciled in that $0 balance on the ledger stuck to the fridge. I also at that moment realized what a colossal waste of fucking money that phone was!!!!

Sent from my African American iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleeper CP

Reaction score
If she did everything around the house that she stated I agree with her. Your kids are not your slave!! Get your own coffee and clean up after yourself that's the way we roll. Chores yes but slave no way teach them some respect and treat your kids the way you want to be treated it will go a long way. I guess I'm not a red neck

Two weeks ago my 2 children ( 15, 12) and I had a little "come to Jesus" meeting. They are required to do very little around the house.....at my choice. Sweep the floors on the weekends, pick-up their stuff in the family room, empty the trash and keep the kitchen reasonable clean. Well two weeks ago they got lax on a few of them. ..... I don't think that's going to happen again for a while.

I don't expect them to pick-up after me or for me, I'd never tell them to get me a cup of coffee or a beer, I do from time to time ask them to get me a beer if they are up and about. If the girls letter was accurate....well maybe just maybe she was blowing off a little steam. ?????????

I cut both my kids a lot of slack.... both have been straight A students since each was in 4th grade and are the most polite kids you'll ever meet, so I give them a ton of latitude.

You have to remember I'm the dad that as they were growing up would go in their rooms as they were sleeping and would whisper " Daddy loves you and Daddy is always right" and repeat that 3 times, about 4 nights a week until they were each about 10. It WORKED........

S CP

Last edited:

72Hondo

Reaction score
Let's see growing up if I did something stupid the belt came out. "wait till your father gets home" , you heard that phrase in my house and you knew it was all over.

I'm a much better person because of it. None of this time out BS or grounding. He knew exactly how to get the point across.