WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fatal accident on 62

BamBam

Reaction score
How can such a small snapshot in time have such an affect on your day and your perspective? There we were Michael and I on our way to the river about 1130pm Michael is sleeping peacefully in the back seat. Ahead I see flashing lights and slow to see debris scattered from berm to berm. Flashing lights off the road and a truck flipped over on the shoulder. I roll down my window and ask if anyone needs medical attention "are you a medic" is asked no I'm a fireman emt what's up. There is a guy stuck in that car, wedged in pretty good. I parked the truck to protect me as much as possible and procede to assess the driver of the flipped truck. Can't really get to him from the pasenger side, so I head over to the driver side. Not such good access either, but I find an arm and feel for a pulse. No pulse. In my head I'm thinking; extrication time greater than 15 minutes, traumatic full arrest, middle of nowhere. *One of the people on scene says we called 911 and they are sending a helicopter. I said there is no need for that this guy is not going to make it be is already dead. I asked I'd there was anything else I could do and then proceded on to the river house. I'm drinking a couple beers and writing this to help me go to sleep. What a way to start a trip. I know this guy has family and they will be hurting. At work I see dead people and it is a completely different experience. Maybe my superman suit does really work. Tonight I was just a helpless Clark Kent couldn't do a damn thing. I hope it not someone from the board knows either way my condolences. And as my 7 year old woke up as I washed my hands off I had to tell him, as he loomed around, someone died in that truck. Why was I there at that moment?*

Last edited:

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up. You did the right thing and stopped. There is nothing you could have done to save the guy. It was his time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear your trip started outnlike that. :(. I've run across one or two myself.. I'm no emt though so much beyond the basics I wouldn't know what to do. The couple I've ran across though I will selfishly say there wasn't much I was gonna do one way or the other. The last one stacy was with me. I hlthink both of us still wonder if she made it through the night.

RD

boatnam2

Reaction score
Seems like it almost happens weekly anymore, if it wasnt for the boards and a few people posting about what they see..... pretty much no one would know that death highway claimed another victim.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ehrenberg RD is a whole different world.

ABC:
Airway clear,, Bleeding stopped,,, Circulation/pulse going,, not much more you or anyone else on the scene can do.

Last edited:

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Thank you for stopping. On or off the job you guys amaze me. A couple summers ago I had to help w/ a girl who had been fatally wounded on a Sea Doo... I walked away mad at myself for not being able to do more......so I figured at least I was there to hold her still while help arrived. Sometimes it's the little things.....I guess. Kiss that little dude and try to have a good weekend.

69 1/2

Reaction score
How can such a small snapshot in time have such an affect on your day and your perspective? There we were Michael and I on our way to the river about 1130pm Michael is sleeping peacefully in the back seat. Ahead I see flashing lights and slow to see debris scattered from berm to berm. Flashing lights off the road and a truck flipped over on the shoulder. I roll down my window and ask if anyone needs medical attention "are you a medic" is asked no I'm a fireman emt what's up. There is a guy stuck in that car, wedged in pretty good. I parked the truck to protect me as much as possible and procede to assess the driver of the flipped truck. Can't really get to him from the pasenger side, so I head over to the driver side. Not such good access either, but I find an arm and feel for a pulse. No pulse. In my head I'm thinking; extrication time greater than 15 minutes, traumatic full arrest, middle of nowhere. *One of the people on scene says we called 911 and they are sending a helicopter. I said there is no need for that this guy is not going to make it be is already dead. I asked I'd there was anything else I could do and then proceded on to the river house. I'm drinking a couple beers and writing this to help me go to sleep. What a way to start a trip. I know this guy has family and they will be hurting. At work I see dead people and it is a completely different experience. Maybe my superman suit does really work. Tonight I was just a helpless Clark Kent couldn't do a damn thing. I hope it not someone from the board knows either way my condolences. And as my 7 year old woke up as I washed my hands off I had to tell him, as he loomed around, someone died in that truck. Why was I there at that moment?*

You ask why you were there? You know why, guys like you are Superman and if there was any chance for his survival you would have been all over the situation with everything Superman could do to help.

Thanks for your service.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Ehrenberg RD is a whole different world.

Between my Dad taking me to the river and me continuing the tradition by taking my family, I have been traveling Rice for 35 years. The crosses continue to increase in number. The neighbor across the street lost a family friend near mile marker 13 a few years back. Might be time to start driving through Ehrenberg from now on.

SuperDave013

Reaction score
You ask why you were there? You know why, guys like you are Superman and if there was any chance for his survival you would have been all over the situation with everything Superman could do to help.

Thanks for your service.

X50

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your service.

I couldn't agree more. The others on the seen did not know what else to do, you did.

Keep flying Superman, enjoy your weekend and hug your son!

Thanks!

---Rob

bruddah

Reaction score
you can only do so much, and when theres nothing more you can do.... theres nothing more! at least you stopped and made an attempt

Hypnautic

Reaction score
BamBam,

Could yougive a brief description of the truck. I have a co-worker that was heading out there during that time. Tried calling, no answer, I am hoping/assuming hes already 6-8 beers and cant hear his phone.
He would have been driving a white Chevy 4 door longbed, 04 or 05 maybe.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Thats a tuff situation to be in. At work we have tools, man power, and drugs. When we're on our own all we have is the know how. With no means to execute what we know how to do it leaves us helpless. Calling 911 with a little scene control and waiting is only thing to. It's hard being on the other side of things, but sounds like you did a damn fine job.

Thank you Sir.

BamBam

Reaction score
BamBam,

Could yougive a brief description of the truck. I have a co-worker that was heading out there during that time. Tried calling, no answer, I am hoping/assuming hes already 6-8 beers and cant hear his phone.

The flipped truck was westbound. white ford f150 crewcab.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
BamBam,

All is well at least for my co-worker. I just talked to his wife, she had spoke to him about 7am. He said he saw the accident happen about a mile in front of him. He said he was the 2nd car on scene, called for medical but he could not physically do anything to help.

Godspeed to those involved

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Godspeed to the fellow that passed.

Bam Bam, thank you for stopping to see what you could do.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
If nothing else, your help assured the loved ones that the victim was not out there suffering and allows them to not be second guessing the measures taken to try and rescue the victim.

Sorry to hear about it...

Ryph

RVRKID

Reaction score
Posted on PB:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMA fighter killed in desert accident

La Habra man was killed in 3-vehicle collision, CHP says.

By PETER SCHELDEN
The Orange County Register
Comments 7 | Recommend 0
Bryan "Jop Jop" Joplin, a 33-year-old mixed martial arts fighter from La Habra, was found dead Thursday night about 11:15 after a highway accident midway between Palm Springs and the Colorado River, said Sgt. Steven Ahrens of the California Highway Patrol.
Joplin was killed driving a pickup heading east toward the river when he was in a crash with another eastbound Dodge pickup towing a boat and a westbound Jeep Cherokee, Ahrens said. He said emergency workers found Joplin dead at the scene of the accident.
The vehicles were traveling state Route 62, about 32 miles west of Vidal Junction.
The driver of the Jeep Cherokee, Will Kammerdiene, 28, of Parker, Ariz., was taken to an Arizona hospital with moderate injuries. The passenger and driver of the pickup were unhurt, Ahrens said.
The CHP continues to investigate the accident. Ahrens said the area is a no-passing zone for eastbound traffic, but said it is still unclear whether any passing was attempted.
Joplin was a Dana Hills High School graduate of the class of 1994, according to his MySpace page.
"The fun and good times consist of the river, the desert, the beach, and pushing the limits looking for the biggest thrill/rush I can get!" his MySpace page reads. "I live life to the fullest with no regrets!"
The MMA Web site sherdog.com records Joplin winning five professional fights between 2004 and 2007, and losing his sixth and final recorded match in November 2007.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Posted on PB:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMA fighter killed in desert accident

La Habra man was killed in 3-vehicle collision, CHP says.

By PETER SCHELDEN
The Orange County Register
Comments 7 | Recommend 0
Bryan "Jop Jop" Joplin, a 33-year-old mixed martial arts fighter from La Habra, was found dead Thursday night about 11:15 after a highway accident midway between Palm Springs and the Colorado River, said Sgt. Steven Ahrens of the California Highway Patrol.
Joplin was killed driving a pickup heading east toward the river when he was in a crash with another eastbound Dodge pickup towing a boat and a westbound Jeep Cherokee, Ahrens said. He said emergency workers found Joplin dead at the scene of the accident.
The vehicles were traveling state Route 62, about 32 miles west of Vidal Junction.
The driver of the Jeep Cherokee, Will Kammerdiene, 28, of Parker, Ariz., was taken to an Arizona hospital with moderate injuries. The passenger and driver of the pickup were unhurt, Ahrens said.
The CHP continues to investigate the accident. Ahrens said the area is a no-passing zone for eastbound traffic, but said it is still unclear whether any passing was attempted.
Joplin was a Dana Hills High School graduate of the class of 1994, according to his MySpace page.
"The fun and good times consist of the river, the desert, the beach, and pushing the limits looking for the biggest thrill/rush I can get!" his MySpace page reads. "I live life to the fullest with no regrets!"
The MMA Web site sherdog.com records Joplin winning five professional fights between 2004 and 2007, and losing his sixth and final recorded match in November 2007.

RIP - Bryan "Jop Jop" Joplin

Tom Pecanic

Reaction score
We have known Brian and family for nearly 30 yrs.. We are soooo lucky that you, Brian, showed us how valuable life is and how quick it can be shut down.. You were thirty seven minutes from our paradise, man.. Bambam, Clark Kent; everyone here, especially me, thanks you very much for having the courage, bravery, and will power to try and help and tend to our partner that horrible Thurs. night.. Brian was/is much, much more than a talented fighter and a 33 yr. old man from Costa Mesa.. He was handsome; first and foremost, cool, calm, collected, professional, talented in many aspects, a damn good friend to my family and those near him; for the true boaters on this forum, he wouldn't walk away from a friend in need, no way, he was on his way to the flatbottom regatta; a passion he shared with all his neighbors/friends/family at ol' Sportsmen's resort, where he had a permanant spot.. Mr. Kent, there are a lotta people who would like to share a beer or three with you for your efforts... Thanks for tending to our friend in need!!! I am trembling as I type this with my fingers chattering the keyboard.. His services will be this weekend in La Harbra, Ca. I believe.. We love you Brian, you will weigh in my heart every damn day!!! My heart is heavy and I could fill this forum with much stuff to say right now.. Thank you Clark Kent, you are a superman still my friend!! Thank you very much for your compassion...

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
So sad to hear about this over the weekend...our thoughts and prayers are with Brian's family and friends.

Danny Cannon

Reaction score
This is Danny Cannon Jr. of Cannons Muffler in La Habra. The man that passed away was my cousin. We would like to get ahold of you to get info on what happened that night if possible. We give our thanks to you for being there for him. If you know anything you can contact me at [email protected]. For you info. Bryan was a v drive guy. Had a Flatboat 84 cole. He was on his way out there for the V-drive regada. Bryan was into real boats. We apperciate everything you could do out there for him. Hope to hear from you. Thanks again!

NASTYTOYSRACING01

Reaction score
we often take life for granite,we just wont the best for are familes,the times to remember and the times to look back on,as i to grew up going to the river and traveling down that eerryy rice road nowing at any time it could be over in a heart beat do to some one elses stupid ness,but that is the chance we take to have memorys of a life time,its been a long time since ive been to parker and after 39 years and all the heart akes that 62 has brought on so many people and the big rig trafic ,icould not believe,that is a very busy highway i cant believe they havent steped up and made that 62 4 lanes yet,i saw alot of stupidness passing me this weekend coming home,people doing 90-100,if you are in that big of a hurry to get through life then so be it ,because i wont my life to go as slow as possible no hurrys here,i really love parker for what it is but am glade my place is in needles,that little added sucurity of the 40 being so wide makes me calm while driving to the river,i was on my toes driving to parker this weekend allways expecting the un expected,sorry for your trajedy as my prayrs go out to you and the family,we all want to get to the river and have many more memorys so every body ((be safe out there))

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have known Brian and family for nearly 30 yrs.. We are soooo lucky that you, Brian, showed us how valuable life is and how quick it can be shut down.. You were thirty seven minutes from our paradise, man.. Bambam, Clark Kent; everyone here, especially me, thanks you very much for having the courage, bravery, and will power to try and help and tend to our partner that horrible Thurs. night.. Brian was/is much, much more than a talented fighter and a 33 yr. old man from Costa Mesa.. He was handsome; first and foremost, cool, calm, collected, professional, talented in many aspects, a damn good friend to my family and those near him; for the true boaters on this forum, he wouldn't walk away from a friend in need, no way, he was on his way to the flatbottom regatta; a passion he shared with all his neighbors/friends/family at ol' Sportsmen's resort, where he had a permanant spot.. Mr. Kent, there are a lotta people who would like to share a beer or three with you for your efforts... Thanks for tending to our friend in need!!! I am trembling as I type this with my fingers chattering the keyboard.. His services will be this weekend in La Harbra, Ca. I believe.. We love you Brian, you will weigh in my heart every damn day!!! My heart is heavy and I could fill this forum with much stuff to say right now.. Thank you Clark Kent, you are a superman still my friend!! Thank you very much for your compassion...

Tom and Danny, I'm very sorry to read about your friend (and cousin). It's never an easy thing dealing with something like this, and especially when it's something senseless like a traffic accident. :( You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Danny, try sending BamBam a private message.

Danny Cannon

Reaction score
HI, my name is Danny Cannon jr. Im the cousin on the man that was in that fatal accident on 9/10/09. He was on his way to parker for the v-drive regata. I just wanted to say thanks to all that made a comment on BAM BAMS post. It truely is great to here that there are still some true river people out there! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Im sorry to all that have lost family and friends on that road.
Bryan s. Joplin was a great guy, his flatbottom and the river was his getaway from it all. Bryan and I have a place on the cal. side on the strip. across from the fire sation. I really dont know when but in a few weeks after everything is said done im going back to the river and in front of our trailer park im going to make one hot pass and release some of his ashes. Thats what he would of wanted.

THANKYOU True river people.

Danny Cannon JR.

Tom Pecanic

Reaction score
Hi, this is Tom Sr. Brian and Dannys good friend..... Craig Cordeiro, also a good friend and v drive lover, (two Sangers and an Eliminator Whaler;) has Brians first flat--- a Hondo, number 031, called "State of Shock." It's red/orange with blue trim. Craig is staying in Parker and has taken the Dual Quad, Tunnel Rammed,(is there such a word?) Bassett Headdered BBC out of his Sanger and is putting it in the Hondo (most likely with help from Ron Gibbs, of Bad Attitude Boats, in Parker) so he can run in "Brian's Last Pass" !!!!! behind Danny's blown cole and who ever else might be there. We all stay at Rio del Colorado. My family will be in our Lavey Whaler, The River Queen; stop and say hi !!!! Can't say enough for Bam-Bam here, (but hope to in person):drillsergeant: and all the good comments you all have posted. I got home from the Marines in Feb. 1970 ; my wife Linda and I made our first River Trip Memorial Day 1970. WE Haven't missed many since. What a GREAT GROUP !!!!! and as we say:SEMPER FI !!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sounds like Brian had some great friends and family, and he was a die hard river guy. I'm bummed I never got a chance to meet him.

RD

mrs flyin vee

not a bitch. THE BITCH
Reaction score
Hi, this is Tom Sr. Brian and Dannys good friend..... Craig Cordeiro, also a good friend and v drive lover, (two Sangers and an Eliminator Whaler;) has Brians first flat--- a Hondo, number 031, called "State of Shock." It's red/orange with blue trim. Craig is staying in Parker and has taken the Dual Quad, Tunnel Rammed,(is there such a word?) Bassett Headdered BBC out of his Sanger and is putting it in the Hondo (most likely with help from Ron Gibbs, of Bad Attitude Boats, in Parker) so he can run in "Brian's Last Pass" !!!!! behind Danny's blown cole and who ever else might be there. We all stay at Rio del Colorado. My family will be in our Lavey Whaler, The River Queen; stop and say hi !!!! Can't say enough for Bam-Bam here, (but hope to in person):drillsergeant: and all the good comments you all have posted. I got home from the Marines in Feb. 1970 ; my wife Linda and I made our first River Trip Memorial Day 1970. WE Haven't missed many since. What a GREAT GROUP !!!!! and as we say:SEMPER FI !!!!!

HI, my name is Danny Cannon jr. Im the cousin on the man that was in that fatal accident on 9/10/09. He was on his way to parker for the v-drive regata. I just wanted to say thanks to all that made a comment on BAM BAMS post. It truely is great to here that there are still some true river people out there! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Im sorry to all that have lost family and friends on that road.
Bryan s. Joplin was a great guy, his flatbottom and the river was his getaway from it all. Bryan and I have a place on the cal. side on the strip. across from the fire sation. I really dont know when but in a few weeks after everything is said done im going back to the river and in front of our trailer park im going to make one hot pass and release some of his ashes. Thats what he would of wanted.

THANKYOU True river people.

Danny Cannon JR.

Tom and Danny. we are so sorry for your loss and we hope you all have the strength to get through this our thoughts and parayers are with all of you .

with what you have all said about this amazing man, the earth has lost a great man .son and friend, but the heavens have also gained an amazing angel.
God Speed
keep your heads high and remember all the great times you have had with him and keep them going forever in your hearts.
God Bless

ColeTR2

Reaction score
I have a Friend that's a nurse she was one of the first people on the seen. She is wondering about Bryan's dog? She said she could not get him to leave Bryan's side in the truck. Has the family got his dog and is the dog OK. She just wants to make sure Bryan's best friend is in good hands and not it a shelter. Our Prayers go out to Bryan's family and loved ones.

RIP Bryan

Last edited:

Tom Pecanic

Reaction score
Thanks, Cole, and to the NURSE, Danny and Katie got the dog, Diamond (female Pit):drillsergeant::drillsergeant: from animal control in Beautiful TwentyNine Palms on Saturday, and went on to the River. My daughter, her two sons, husband and I left AZ and met them there. I wondered what she (Diamond) did. A true "Brian's Best Friend." Thanks for your interest, and certainly for stopping. I believe the CHP report listed the dog as dead. But great friend Craig, saw the tow truck driver in Parker, talked to him, realized the dog was alive and with a whole bunch of detective work we located her in the "stumps" as Marines call the Palms. !!!!! When Danny makes "Brian's Last Pass" in front of Rio Del Colorado in his Cole, Craig will be following in Brian's old boat, a Hondo. Pease stay in touch. Again, what a great group, actually family !!! Tom

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm happy to hear they got his dog back.. :( I have always wondered about my dog in the case of an accident. I don't think she'd let anyone near me to help even if I needed it.

RD

ColeTR2

Reaction score
Thanks, Cole, and to the NURSE, Danny and Katie got the dog, Diamond (female Pit):drillsergeant::drillsergeant: from animal control in Beautiful TwentyNine Palms on Saturday

She the nurse is a real animal lover and has been worried about Diamond. She said Diamond was very protective of her best friend. As a true Best friend should be in a time of need. We all can understand that. Thank you for the update! :thumbsup

I'm happy to hear they got his dog back.. :( I have always wondered about my dog in the case of an accident. I don't think she'd let anyone near me to help even if I needed it. RD

Diamond did let the nurse in to see Bryan. But did not like the fire fighters with all there gear on. By that time i'm sure she knew he was in trouble. Sad story. But we are all glad to hear Diamond is ok.

Last edited:

LaveyDave

Reaction score
My name David, otherwise known as LaveyDave. Nicknamed by the above mentioned Tom. I know Brian through the eyes of Danny and Tom and Craig. Superman, there are two kinds of people, people that run away from trouble and be that run right into it. Thank You for being the latter!! Firemen are heros in my book and I teach all three of my boys that as well. As for Tom, and Danny and Craig, well river guys, or any guys, don't come any better. Tom and Craig, please let me know about the Final run in front of Rio because if I can make it I would love to put my LaveyCraft in the mix and pay my respects along with the rest of you all.

Thanks to all of you that make me feel like a part of a very special Community!!

LaveyDave

where's my keyes ?

Reaction score
really sad to hear about this accident, that involved the passing of such a young man -- it sounds like his family and friends are sure going to miss him a great deal .............. i'll pray for them ... and god speed brian/bryan -- d-no

jmr

Reaction score
I was the nurse/emt that stopped at the accident that night. I was on my way home from LA after just picking up my new car. I was looking forward to getting on the 177/62 thinking that would be a great place to open her up but by the time I got of at Desert Center I was pretty tired so I just cruised her around 75-80. I was passed by a white truck and I thought I would run with him for awhile but he was definately on more of a mission to get to the river than I was so I backed off knowing not to go against my better judgement. Then to my horror I came upon a horrible scene and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the white truck. To come up on something like that, when I was not working, and I was all alone was almost too much to take. I knew I had to stop and do all that I could though. Whichat that point wasn't much.. I know how the fireman aka superman feels.. Its a lot different when you are working and prepared to see something like this, and have all the right tools and equipment with you. I felt so helpless but all I could do was stay there and make sure that the dog was ok and that Bryan wasn't left alone out there in the middle of the desert. I ended up knowing the other driver of the other vehicle that rolled, and that was pretty shocking as well.. But I knew that if it was one of my loved ones, that I would not of wanted them to be left out there alone, regardless of there condition, and the dog was just as important as if it she was a human and she needed to be protected as well.
My heart goes out to his friends and family, and not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about this tragic accident. It has bothered me more than I thought it would and I doubt I will ever drive that road again...

ColeTR2

Reaction score
I have said this before on many other 62 threads. I've driven 62 over the last 20 years 200 to 300 times. I've done the math Desert Center to Parker at 70 verses 85 will only save you 12 minutes. A 100 maybe 20min it's not worth speeding on that road. Please Please drive safe.

Last edited:

where's my keyes ?

Reaction score
I have said this before on many other 62 threads. I've driven 62 over the last 20 years 200 to 300 times. I've done the math Desert Center to Parker at 70 verses 85 will only save you 12 minutes. A 100 maybe 20min it's not worth speeding on that road. Please Please drive safe.

the highway is stationary -- rip brian

Andy01

Reaction score
I was the nurse/emt that stopped at the accident that night. I was on my way home from LA after just picking up my new car. I was looking forward to getting on the 177/62 thinking that would be a great place to open her up but by the time I got of at Desert Center I was pretty tired so I just cruised her around 75-80. I was passed by a white truck and I thought I would run with him for awhile but he was definately on more of a mission to get to the river than I was so I backed off knowing not to go against my better judgement. Then to my horror I came upon a horrible scene and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the white truck. To come up on something like that, when I was not working, and I was all alone was almost too much to take. I knew I had to stop and do all that I could though. Whichat that point wasn't much.. I know how the fireman aka superman feels.. Its a lot different when you are working and prepared to see something like this, and have all the right tools and equipment with you. I felt so helpless but all I could do was stay there and make sure that the dog was ok and that Bryan wasn't left alone out there in the middle of the desert. I ended up knowing the other driver of the other vehicle that rolled, and that was pretty shocking as well.. But I knew that if it was one of my loved ones, that I would not of wanted them to be left out there alone, regardless of there condition, and the dog was just as important as if it she was a human and she needed to be protected as well.
My heart goes out to his friends and family, and not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about this tragic accident. It has bothered me more than I thought it would and I doubt I will ever drive that road again...

So there was more then one roll over? Go call to all for saving the dog!!!!

Andy

Tom Pecanic

Reaction score
LaveyDave and Sweet Marie, has a certain melodious ring to it !!!! We celebrated Brian's life on Saturday in La Habra. You can bet that: YOU, YOURS and "The Premier Party Prowler of Parker" will be Right in the mix, as Toby Keith says in the song " Hey Dave !!!!". Glad you guys are out there partying with us. Either on the water or in the desert. As Brian wrote, no regrets !! :)

Reaction score
How can such a small snapshot in time have such an affect on your day and your perspective?

On so many levels is this statement so true. The person you relieved, who was first on the scene was relieved to see you.

Thank You for taking on all the challenges of becoming an EMT. Your training may not have save the person in the truck, but training did comfort those who were first on scene and unsure of their role to assist in this emergency/accident. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

LaveyDave

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words sir. Your post about this tragedy really touched me, along with many others. We really are "All in it together out there." I am proud to know you and call you friend.

Plus, the moniker of "The Premier Party Prowler of Parker" certainly does have a nice ring!! I could get used to that. Hey, let me know if there is anything I can do on my end and I look forward to seeing you soon!!

LaveyDave

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Would you guys take some pictures of the final run and post them on here?

I would like to see them.

I am sorry for (again) for the loss of your friend.. From the sounds of it, I am also sorry I never got a chance to meet him and kill some beers with him.

RD

Tom Pecanic

Reaction score
RD, you can bet there will be pictures to post. Would like to do a Brian Page of his pictures. Have a nice one of Him and his Lady being towed From Echo to Rio behind our "River Queen" !! We thought it was so nice of them to wait for the "olde Folks" in their Vintage Lavey Whaler (still has fringe on the Bimini Top !!!!) and make sure we were ok. As we blew by; his look turned to one of concern so we circled back to find they had broken their Big Chev. But Wait......., closer inspection revealed his beautiful stack tanks were EMPTY !!!!!: Thanks for your kind words and for the the neat forum.

Littleone25

Reaction score
RD, you can bet there will be pictures to post. Would like to do a Brian Page of his pictures. Have a nice one of Him and his Lady being towed From Echo to Rio behind our "River Queen" !! We thought it was so nice of them to wait for the "olde Folks" in their Vintage Lavey Whaler (still has fringe on the Bimini Top !!!!) and make sure we were ok. As we blew by; his look turned to one of concern so we circled back to find they had broken their Big Chev. But Wait......., closer inspection revealed his beautiful stack tanks were EMPTY !!!!!: Thanks for your kind words and for the the neat forum.

Tom this is Krista "His Lady" wow I think that was the best day EVER!!! HAHA it puts a smile on my face everytime I think about it! Im sitting here at working reading your post laughing out loud! HAHAHA Bryan really did think something was wrong with the motor.. He came home from work one day with a weird look on his face and was like "guess what" I was like o god what now? He was like the reason we broke down was cause I didn't have any GAS!!!!!!! Omg I was on the floor laughing!!! O man great times! I loved that man sooo much! He had a lot of people that loved him.. He is going to be missed like crazy!!!! <3WE LOVE YOU BRYAN RIP<3