WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Family Speaks after Matriarch was Hit and Killed by Truck in South Sac

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
They are calling it a memorial fund when it really is them asking for a handout

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-f...r-eleanor-gonzalez/259366#.VF0885TZSW2.mailto

My moms life was tragically taken Monday, November 3rd. Her name is Eleanor T. Gonzalez. She leaves behind a family that misses her dearly and counts on her daily.

She was killed on the corner of Franklin and Mack roads. She was waiting to cross street on her way home from Raleys when a big rig came from behind trying to make a turn before light changed. As he turned, his back wheels went over the curb where my mom was and took her with it. She was dragged to her death. The good lord had mercy and took her right away.

We are asking for your help so that we can keep the lights on (literally). We wont have access to her account right away and theres bills that need to get paid.

If in the future we are able to pay you back, we will.

Thank you in advance for your contribution. God bless you. -

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Tragic, horrible deal.

But it does raise an eyebrow when the family states that a 68 year old grandma in a wheelchair is their primary source of income for the entire clan?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Tragic, horrible deal.

But it does raise an eyebrow when the family states that a 68 year old grandma in a wheelchair is their primary source of income for the entire clan?

More common than you think.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Grandma took care of everyone, and made sure we all ate . The night she went to the store for our dinner, she was riding her 'disabled person electric cart' . As she was coming back home, she was hit by a driver who stated that "he did not see her" . She went out along the roadway in dark conditions to get food for her family . A family that consists of able body adults and minors, who were NOT with Mrs Gonzalez at the time of the accident . This family should be very quiet, because THEY ALONE had no time nor interest in caring for their mother, at a time when she was trying to make food for them . NO BODY went with MOM, NO BODY gave a damn about how she would get from the house to the store and then back again AT NIGHT . This lady was 'used up' by her worthless children, and I pray that she is happy and safe in heaven and not looking back at her awful family . Can't understand how the vehicle driver could not see her in a cart, so I'll lay off of the impact facts .

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
That is tragic that those worthless kids let this happen to their Mother/Grandmother. Hope that they are real happy now. I wonder who is going to take care of them now?:grumble: Never mind, I already know that it is the California taxpayers. Welcome to the welfare world...:grumble:

Steve

TBulger

Reaction score
Everyone seemed to have drawn a lot of conclusions, all I read, was daughter, granddaughter and grandson. Some of us older youngsters, don't want helped constantly, the child may have been studying and her mother may have been tired after working all day. The resources might have been, babysitting while the mom worked and helped grandma pay bills. The hispanic people seem to me to die off at a much younger age than most, maybe from working too hard all their life. Today many struggle to make ends meet, thus the income inequality being bantered about. Who knows, I'll guarantee, no cake walk in that family, now or ever.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
The kids were on TV crying about "mama took care of us all and now she's gone" . When they ask for money to bury grandma, count me out . Those kids are all users and losers . RIP grandma !

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I see folks in those little scooter type deals and wheelchairs frequently on busy streets and cutting through strip center parking lots. Really dangerous in my opinion. They sit low and are not that manueverable to react quickly to oncoming traffic. And it's easy to see why a truck driver could miss seeing one sitting on the corner of a busy intersection.

Tragic to see a lady lose her life and probably rough on the driver who ran over her.

Too many take for granted that the busy crowded streets of today are not made for foot traffic and wheelchairs. It's sad but a fact. From the story and how I hear it, the real tragedy is a family that isn't concerned enough to watch out for their matriarch allpowing her go out into the dangers presented by evening traffic.:(

530RL

Reaction score
I see folks in those little scooter type deals and wheelchairs frequently on busy streets and cutting through strip center parking lots. Really dangerous in my opinion. They sit low and are not that manueverable to react quickly to oncoming traffic.

[video=youtube;zy5rkw4SeP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5rkw4SeP4[/video]