WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F29 wanted

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hey ONE, any more calls on your F29...?..

Calls started coming in first week of december, not one call for 2 months prior to that. Had an offer Monday, but we parted ways being $2500 apart. I'm not going to give it away now, when in 2 months the price will be going up. I've been down the boat selling thing just about every winter, as soon as the la boat show happens everything changes.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Calls started coming in first week of december, not one call for 2 months prior to that. Had an offer Monday, but we parted ways being $2500 apart. I'm not going to give it away now, when in 2 months the price will be going up. I've been down the boat selling thing just about every winter, as soon as the la boat show happens everything changes.

ONE, whats gonna be next.... F32, F26,,??... lol..:D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
ONE, whats gonna be next.... F32, F26,,??... lol..:D

If it's a F26 it would have to have whackers on it, an there just aren't many of those to choose from, most likely another 29, with a closed bow, poker run interior and illmores. If mine had sold already i would have snapped up outdrive1's in a second.

I learned my lesson with my daytona 26, sell and buy another is way more cost effective than making all kinds of changes to mine.

If I can't find what I want after mine sells I'll tear up the lake on my wife's toon till something cool comes available.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
If it's a F26 it would have to have whackers on it, an there just aren't many of those to choose from, most likely another 29, with a closed bow, poker run interior and illmores. If mine had sold already i would have snapped up outdrive1's in a second.

I learned my lesson with my daytona 26, sell and buy another is way more cost effective than making all kinds of changes to mine.

If I can't find what I want after mine sells I'll tear up the lake on my wife's toon till something cool comes available.

Sounds Good... I can't wait too see the new boat, when your's sells..

PokerRun388

Reaction score
ONE, how did that dealer in Havasu get that blue/white F29 w/710s..?

dancudmore

Reaction score
Anyone ever run the Long Beach PR in an F29..? Is it capable?...;)

define capable :p

to my knowledge, NO nobody has run said poker run with an F-29.

I have personally seen a DCB in the ocean though...Joey's 28 :cool:

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I have personally seen a DCB in the ocean though...Joey's 28 :cool:
I rig mine for sport fishing when the tuna are bitting. Outboards and the open bow makes it the perfect lake/sport fishing boat.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I rig mine for sport fishing when the tuna are bitting. Outboards and the open bow makes it the perfect lake/sport fishing boat.

Changing out the clevers for your plactic props makes it the perfect trolling boat. I love cleaning the bass on your sponsons, that seems to work best.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Did you get the tower and outriggers installed yet for this season?

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Did you get the tower and outriggers installed yet for this season?

Shhhhhhhh, that's a surprise. I'm installing the tower next weekend and he doesn't know. I have a new box of 1-5/8" drywall screws to get the job done right the first time.:thumbsup

His ski locker makes the perfect bait tank.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh, that's a surprise. I'm installing the tower next weekend and he doesn't know. I have a new box of 1-5/8" drywall screws to get the job done right the first time.:thumbsup

Hold off on the dry wall screws, I'm having billet deck screws machined. They should be ready first week of Jan. BTW, I like "cleaning tuna" on the sponsons too...

dancudmore

Reaction score
:cool: :champagne:

I thought it was a cooler?? :D

Hold off on the dry wall screws, I'm having billet deck screws machined. They should be ready first week of Jan. BTW, I like "cleaning tuna" on the sponsons too...

Winning :D

jack14r

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day that Doug Parks will deliver my new to me F29,I went to the NC Wildlife boat title agent today and they sent all the paperworkin for a North Carolina title,I bet no one in the Raleigh office knows what DCB stands for.It is winter here now,I want to test the boat soon but it will be 25 or less tonight,maybe next week.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day that Doug Parks will deliver my new to me F29,I went to the NC Wildlife boat title agent today and they sent all the paperworkin for a North Carolina title,I bet no one in the Raleigh office knows what DCB stands for.It is winter here now,I want to test the boat soon but it will be 25 or less tonight,maybe next week.

Nice Jack.. Congrats.. Nothing like getting your new boat on a 25 degree day.. lol.. Take Pics for us !! :thumbsup

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Did you get the blue and white one? I found an old Powerboat write up one the white and red one I posted earlier, let me know if you want me to scan and post it. I think it had 710s and ran 141.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Better plan on towing it back out for Desert Storm! Very nice boat, congrats.

jack14r

Reaction score
It got here and it was actually 20 degrees earlier that morning,Preston and crew from Horizon in LHC did a great job wrapping it,they used the static cling vinyl and then the adhesive type as the top layer,it was perfect when I got the vinyl removed.Doug Parks traveled 2200+ miles in 2 days and we were lucky in that there was no rain or snow to contend with.I highly recommend Preston and Doug.Here are pictures wrapped and after opening her up.

Attachments

• dcb001.jpg
    dcb001.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 466
  • dcb002.jpg
    dcb002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 455
  • dcb003.jpg
    dcb003.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 461
  • dcb008.jpg
    dcb008.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 460

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Congrats Jack ! I love that boat..The Imco Drives look sweet... Glad it got there w/o any issues...:thumbsup

PS, sweet garage you have...!! nice ! ..:D

BMABITY

Reaction score
That is one of the 29's that stand out from the rest, good luck and congrats! Make sure you release some numbers after you run it, here's an idea take a video too. :D

jack14r

Reaction score
I am hoping to get on the water this weekend(it is cold here) it should be about 60 degrees here this weekend,I checked the toe in and it is 1/16,Dave tells me that it should be 1/8 so I will try it like it is,it has a 1/2 spacer in the drive and a 34 B1 on it,I really would like a 5 blade Hering but I got to run it and then try things like removing the spacer and possibly a set of B1-36,at this time it needs to go to the lake.I think that it will be interesting how much cooler it is here now and also most of the summer as to how it performs verses LHC.After talking with others and Dave it sounds that labbed B1 props are so fragile I doubt that I want to go in that direction,but if you read all the old Powerboat test that is what these boats came with.Does anyone just sharpen the B1 blades and what effect does it have?

BMABITY

Reaction score
I am hoping to get on the water this weekend(it is cold here) it should be about 60 degrees here this weekend,I checked the toe in and it is 1/16,Dave tells me that it should be 1/8 so I will try it like it is,it has a 1/2 spacer in the drive and a 34 B1 on it,I really would like a 5 blade Hering but I got to run it and then try things like removing the spacer and possibly a set of B1-36,at this time it needs to go to the lake.I think that it will be interesting how much cooler it is here now and also most of the summer as to how it performs verses LHC.After talking with others and Dave it sounds that labbed B1 props are so fragile I doubt that I want to go in that direction,but if you read all the old Powerboat test that is what these boats came with.Does anyone just sharpen the B1 blades and what effect does it have?

Give Brett a call at Bblades, I just sent my prop to him. He will answer all your questions over the phone.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

JJ Gibbs in HAVASU does my props and he is very familiar with what f29's need to work best. He's worked alot of props for that hull.

jack14r

Reaction score
Give Brett a call at Bblades, I just sent my prop to him. He will answer all your questions over the phone.

I used Brett at Bblades back in 2006 for a Labbed Prop and he did a terrible job,I have used Mercury's labbed props since then and have had no issues with them.I do understand that JJ Gibbs is very good and I will consider using them.I just got to have a break in the weather and it looks like the weekend is out because of rain,but the first of the week could be in the low 70s.

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Congrats Jack ! I love that boat..The Imco Drives look sweet... Glad it got there w/o any issues...:thumbsup

PS, sweet garage you have...!! nice ! ..:D

Sweet garage is a major understatement. That is a full blown fab/race shop. There were at least 6 full blown stock cars in different stages of repair or completion. There was even a trans/am corvette being taken care of. First rate stuff. Jack is good people, I hope he makes it out to Desert Storm, he will have a blast.

jack14r

Reaction score
I have customers that I maintain vintage road racing stock cars,one guy is from Phoenix and travels to the east coast to race several times a year.The cars are mostly 2006 and older Nextel(Winston) cup cars,they are real with real motors(840+) horse power.I have a full sheet metal shop including shear,finger brake,roller,bead roller,shrinker,english wheel,full machine shop including 2 bridgeports,(3 lathes,160,60,36 inch),wire,mig,tig welders,chassis dyno,pull down machine,spring rater.Even though it is vintage racing it is very serious,and I have the best guy on the east coast who has been with me since 1996.The real reason for customers is to help support my racing habit,I will never make a profit but it helps control some of my cost.The normal crowd that comes into the shop daily really like the F29,this group really appreciates billet stuff and quality workmanship,but they still think that I might be a little crazy,so far I have only 2 that want to go to the lake with me.LOL

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Jack,

If you bring the boat out for Desert Storm you can try out some of my props, I will be out for the entire week.

Pretty sure this is your boat at the .48 mark in the shootout.

[video=youtube;JDc7b7VF5rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDc7b7VF5rs[/video]

- Walt

jack14r

Reaction score
I would love it,to me it would be like being at a NHRA event on the water.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I would love it,to me it would be like being at a NHRA event on the water.

Jack, do u plan on doing any FL Poker Runs? like Jax river run?.. Since your on the east coast?... I realize Havasu is way too far, I wouldn't wanna tow that far either...:D

BMABITY

Reaction score

I used Brett at Bblades back in 2006 for a Labbed Prop and he did a terrible job,I have used Mercury's labbed props since then and have had no issues with them.I do understand that JJ Gibbs is very good and I will consider using them.I just got to have a break in the weather and it looks like the weekend is out because of rain,but the first of the week could be in the low 70s.

What went wrong and what type of prop?

jack14r

Reaction score
I don.t think that I need to bash Brett Anderson and B Blades here so I will only discuss a few things,the prop was a B1 that he labbed for me and it was slower and horrible out of the hole,I found his honesty and integrity to be very questionable,since the purchase was with a credit card,the credit card company helped to partially resolve the problem.I am sure that Brett Anderson has made many other customers very satisfied with his product,I am just not one of them.

BMABITY

Reaction score
I don.t think that I need to bash Brett Anderson and B Blades here so I will only discuss a few things,the prop was a B1 that he labbed for me and it was slower and horrible out of the hole,I found his honesty and integrity to be very questionable,since the purchase was with a credit card,the credit card company helped to partially resolve the problem.I am sure that Brett Anderson has made many other customers very satisfied with his product,I am just not one of them.

I hear you there, thanks for the update and best of luck with the 29.

It will be interesting to see how those ilmors run in your colder/dense climate, should be fast!

jack14r

Reaction score
Congrats Jack! I spent a lot of time in that Boat as a passenger, in my opinion the nicest F-29 built.:thumbsup I forgot the gentleman's name from Canada that bought it from DCB, Jeff traded it in for his M-31, but I know he had tested a lot of different props. I'm sure if you talked to Dave maybe he can give you the last owners number and you could get more info on the props he tested with. The only real problem that I know of was a prop shaft broke on one drive. If Dave can't give you his number I might be able to find it for you since I did a little business with him, but I would have to dig around for it. Dave built him an M-35 I believe last year. Have fun you got a great boat!!

The blue and grey is really growing on me,I emailed Dave and he said that a 34 B1 and a 1/2 inch spacer which is in it now would work well,he also said that they had broken prop shafts without the spacers in,this one has slight damage on the right drive from an earlier incident.What top speed do you remember?

jack14r

Reaction score
Congrats Jack! I spent a lot of time in that Boat as a passenger, in my opinion the nicest F-29 built.:thumbsup I forgot the gentleman's name from Canada that bought it from DCB, Jeff traded it in for his M-31, but I know he had tested a lot of different props. I'm sure if you talked to Dave maybe he can give you the last owners number and you could get more info on the props he tested with. The only real problem that I know of was a prop shaft broke on one drive. If Dave can't give you his number I might be able to find it for you since I did a little business with him, but I would have to dig around for it. Dave built him an M-35 I believe last year. Have fun you got a great boat!!

Yes you are right about the M35,I think that his name is Al Thompson and he is from Canada and has several boats.Apparently all of these have the 1 1/4 prop shafts,does anyone put in the 1 7/16 shafts which would be stronger,if everything goes ok in prop testing I think that I will rebuild the drives before summer and put in the big shafts.

jack14r

Reaction score
I think the best top end was 135. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

The boat test in Powerboat was 141 but we all know that is under perfect conditions with the X up high and perfect props,135 seems very realistic with a light load of fuel and 2 aboard.

jack14r

Reaction score
Today was the day it was forecast to be 65 but it only got to 58,but I went to the lake with 2 buddies,this is the most docile boat at speed any of us have ever driven,we can't believe it.The drive has a 1/2 inch spacer in it and stock 34 B1 props and it runs 125,I will take out the spacer this week and go back to the lake,I understand that the spacer slowed the top end by 7-8 MPH.

jack14r

Reaction score
pictures

Attachments

• DSC00570.jpg
    DSC00570.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 384

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Pics look great Jack...! I love that boat..!!:thumbsup

dougiebear111

Reaction score
Glad to see you finally made it out. Now the neighbors know what they are in for. Boat looks great.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I have customers that I maintain vintage road racing stock cars,one guy is from Phoenix and travels to the east coast to race several times a year.The cars are mostly 2006 and older Nextel(Winston) cup cars,they are real with real motors(840+) horse power.I have a full sheet metal shop including shear,finger brake,roller,bead roller,shrinker,english wheel,full machine shop including 2 bridgeports,(3 lathes,160,60,36 inch),wire,mig,tig welders,chassis dyno,pull down machine,spring rater.Even though it is vintage racing it is very serious,and I have the best guy on the east coast who has been with me since 1996.The real reason for customers is to help support my racing habit,I will never make a profit but it helps control some of my cost.The normal crowd that comes into the shop daily really like the F29,this group really appreciates billet stuff and quality workmanship,but they still think that I might be a little crazy,so far I have only 2 that want to go to the lake with me.LOL

Hey there Jack.... If I may chime in. I travel to Raleigh NC a few times a year on business to visit the corporate office. In my seven years of travel to the Triangle, I do not believe I have ever seen a DCB or high performance boat for that matter on the local lakes there. The fisherman and the runabout boats are in for a shock. Good for you.. That is a beautiful boat you have there.

jack14r

Reaction score
Hey there Jack.... If I may chime in. I travel to Raleigh NC a few times a year on business to visit the corporate office. In my seven years of travel to the Triangle, I do not believe I have ever seen a DCB or high performance boat for that matter on the local lakes there. The fisherman and the runabout boats are in for a shock. Good for you.. That is a beautiful boat you have there.

You are right,the locals did not like my Mach 22 or my Laveycraft Sabre,this one will really create a lot of unwanted attention.I decided to put the mufflers in because of this and I am surprised how quiet it is,its not real loud without them but it is real quiet with the mufflers in.they are gattlin type from Imco.

PokerRun388

Reaction score

Looks like a beautiful place too, just looking at some of Jack's pics... And it sure is nice to see dcbracing in NC.. Nice Jack!..:thumbsup:thumbsup

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I believe at one time DCB had a dealer in the Lake Norman area. Also, Grey Goose has his twin whacker F29 out there some where, I think Lake Norman. Wasn't there a video a while back of the guy that bought that yellow F34 and flipped it on a lake in NC? Like the comment above, the locals in the fishing boats and pontoons were all pissy about "a fast noisy boat" that was on "their" lake. Regardless, it's nice to see a west coast boat going east!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk