WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dove Season

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
California dove season is almost upon us. Who are the inmates that take part?

I've spent a bit of the day pulling out my gear and cleaning the pop gun. Nothing like waking up with a hangover to chewing sunflower seeds, pounding coffee and listening to shells going off with a major headache. Did I mention sweating balls?

Skippy

Reaction score
Heading out to the opener. Staying at my place then will head down to Palo Verde. Return Friday morning after a stop at a spot that has held good dove the last two years. On the way home so bonus!!! Hope the recent T-Storms haven't messed it up. I don't know where you are hunting but good luck!

Skippy

Reaction score
I like to put out bird seed for the Doves in my yard.

I think that may be illegal. You are not able to seed a hunting area for your benefit. Maybe you have a property thats big enough but I would be careful.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I think that may be illegal. You are not able to seed a hunting area for your benefit. Maybe you have a property thats big enough but I would be careful.

Holy crap, I would never harm them! I just like to watch them eat. They're love birds and I like how they show up in pairs.

Skippy

Reaction score
Holy crap, I would never harm them! I just like to watch them eat. They're love birds and I like how they show up in pairs.

Oh sorry. Yes, a pair will stay together for life. Unless one goes missing. Anyway keep plumping them up!!!!!!

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Heading out to the opener. Staying at my place then will head down to Palo Verde. Return Friday morning after a stop at a spot that has held good dove the last two years. On the way home so bonus!!! Hope the recent T-Storms haven't messed it up. I don't know where you are hunting but good luck!

You ever notice that every year there is a storm the week before the opener? I've tracked it. It's like clockwork.

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've shot doves. Lots and lots of fun and they taste delicious.

GRADS

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've shot doves. Lots and lots of fun and they taste delicious.

Lots and lots of fun?:headscratch:

Noted.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever been to Yuma opening weekend? When I was working there the hotels get packed with dove hunters. The one I was staying at even had a cleaning station operated by hotel staff so the hunters dropped off their birds and went straight to the bar. [emoji3]

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever been to Yuma opening weekend? When I was working there the hotels get packed with dove hunters. The one I was staying at even had a cleaning station operated by hotel staff so the hunters dropped off their birds and went straight to the bar. [emoji3]

It can be good. You would want to scout the area and get property owners consent though. Also, if you choose a spot that gets a lot of traffic, be ready to get peppered.

Years ago I would hunt the canal in Niland and some other areas. Crazy busy!

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Just got back from Bass Pro picking up some fun stuff. Love that store!!!

copterzach

Reaction score
IMG_0149.JPG

Groper

Reaction score
Day 1 & Day 2 took about an hour each day, I can't remember ever seeing so many Birds in flocks flying over, maybe 50-60 in each.
All morning Dove , no White Wings this year. 15 per day, 45 in posseion after third day.
Location, Highly Classified :D

Attachments

• 20160901_081314.jpg
    20160901_081314.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160902_071516.jpg
    20160902_071516.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 43

Clunk

Still a Jr peckerwood
Reaction score
Nice!! Haven't been to a dove opener in 4 years....looks like you've done well. Where you at....generally speaking?? :D

SKIA36

Reaction score
Just got back from Yuma, limited out each day...15 per day, 5 mourning,10 white wing. Unlimited Eurasians(collared).

Holiday Inn with cleaning station in the back.

GRADS

Reaction score
Day 1 & Day 2 took about an hour each day, I can't remember ever seeing so many Birds in flocks flying over, maybe 50-60 in each.
All morning Dove , no White Wings this year. 15 per day, 45 in posseion after third day.
Location, Highly Classified :D

Good year again this year View attachment 509223

Whatever gets your little peckers hard...I personally am not into shooting poor little defenseless birds.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Whatever gets your little peckers hard...I personally am not into shooting poor little defenseless birds.

Hey bird lover, they over populate and fuck up all the farms, we are here to take care of that. Didn't get to hunt this year but doesn't sound like my friends had a great hunt in Blythe but haven't heard first person yet.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Not exactly dove but, dinner none the less. Spruce grouse.
IMG_1195.jpg

Groper

Reaction score
Nice!! Haven't been to a dove opener in 4 years....looks like you've done well. Where you at....generally speaking?? :D
Near Wickenburg Az, although Yuma has always been the best because of the areas Agriculture, its been 40yrs since I've hunted Yuma when I was a kid, but I might start looking into Yuma next season, you really need to know somebody that hunts down there that knows where to hunt.
These Birds are in now way defenceless Grads, while walking through the Desert on a Nature Walk just after 5am, I was attacked by these Birds, it was merely in self defence. :rolleyes
Someday when you emerge from your cave you might enjoy a good hunt. :D

Not exactly dove but, dinner none the less. Spruce grouse.
View attachment 509244

Nice, bitchin Dog you have there :thumbsup