WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dodged a Bullet Here

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I'm Proud to say I'm Generation X 1965-1980. The following is quoted from another article by Pew Research about Generation X:

Gen Xers are bookended by two much larger generations – the Baby Boomers ahead and the Millennials behind – that are strikingly different from one another. And in most of the ways we take stock of generations – their racial and ethnic makeup; their political, social and religious values; their economic and educational circumstances; their technology usage – Gen Xers are a low-slung, straight-line bridge between two noisy behemoths.

To be fair, there are a few metrics that don’t fit this straightforward pattern of generational evolution. For example, over the course of their voting lives, older Gen Xers have tended to be more Republican than both older Boomers and younger Millennials. Also, Xers are more pessimistic than both of those larger generations that they’ll have enough money for their retirement – though some of that negativity is doubtless tied to the economic stresses of middle age.

Gen Xers also stand out in another way. In 2010 when Pew Research asked adults of all ages if they thought their own generation was unique, about six-in-ten Boomers and Millennials said yes. But only about half of Gen Xers said the same. And even among those who did, there was very little consensus about why they are distinctive.

One reason Xers have trouble defining their own generational persona could be that they’ve rarely been doted on by the media. By contrast, Baby Boomers have been a source of media fascination from the get-go (witness their name). And Millennials, the “everybody-gets-a-trophy” generation, have been the subject of endless stories about their racial diversity, their political and social liberalism, their voracious technology use, and their grim economic circumstances.

"For Xers, there’s one silver lining in all this. From everything we know about them, they’re savvy, skeptical and self-reliant; they’re not into preening or pampering, and they just might not give much of a hoot what others think of them. Or whether others think of them at all."

copterzach

Reaction score
Gen X here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lucked out on what? I’m proud to be a millennial.

JD D05

Reaction score
There are a few different millennial start dates. I was born in 82 and didn't grow up with a cell phone. I will never consider myself a millenial.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Suites me just fine. Made Gen x by a couple of years. I knew I was different. The wife, well she’s a
Millennial.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Millennial.. I’ve heard I am and I’m not for the last 10 years.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Shit ‘81 here, I guess I’m a millennial.

Joe mama

Reaction score
End of the boomers for me, but I did like Generation X back then..

CLdrinker

Reaction score
1979 barely got Gen X thank god.

My wife is a millennial.
Since I’m obviously superior to her maybe she will listen to me more....

Wutluv

Reaction score
There are a few different millennial start dates. I was born in 82 and didn't grow up with a cell phone. I will never consider myself a millenial.
That’s a good point, if your early childhood didn’t involve online bullying then you’re not a true millennial

JD D05

Reaction score
That’s a good point, if your early childhood didn’t involve online bullying then you’re not a true millennial

If I am than there are two very different type of millenials. I played in the dirt around homes being built and building jumps for our bikes. No internet, never had video games, no social media.

brgrcru

Reaction score
about some's it up
Gen x but almost baby boomer 1965.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm gen-x and consider the women I just had a date with a millennial. Her phone was going off on the entire date.

Cdog

Reaction score
Gen X here and so is my wife. Remember millennials have been fighting and dying in the Middle East for this country for over a decade now. Perhaps if we weren’t wasting the good ones fighting shit birds over there the shit heads here would be less noticeable.

They deserve respect not to be lumped in with the assholes of every generation.

Powermizer

Reaction score
I think parenting has more to do with this than age. I have 2 boys 22 and 25 my oldest does seem to show signs of entitlement, everywhere else he seems like a Genx. My youngest, well he is through in and out Genx. Just from what I see on both. Of coarse I am and old fart. What do I know?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Gen X , also. 1967[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Riley1

Reaction score
Don’t assume my generation.

I associate with Gen X. lol

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
well my 3 sons are now considered Millennials...

they just might not fit the typical agenda...

all 3 marrieds, homeowners, careers, w/ children and Republicans

GODBLESS AMERICA!

milkmoney

Reaction score
well my 3 sons are now considered Millennials...

they just might not fit the typical agenda...

all 3 marrieds, homeowners, careers, w/ children and Republicans

GODBLESS AMERICA!
U did good [emoji106] [emoji482] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
oh get out of here.... I'm def not a millennial, thats total bs.

I'd say 1990+ is the cut off.

hallett21

Reaction score
Lol if the generation you're a part of defines you or your success you've got bigger problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk