WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Detroit Lions ????? Suh Suspended

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Vs the Cowboys next weekend for standing on Aaron Rogers leg.
Anyone got the video clip with the good angle?

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
That guy is a piece of shit.

All the crap he pulls and Sports center does a special report with him trying to make him out to be just a nice guy.. BS.:bsflag:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
He's so decent and well spoken off the field, seems like a very smart man.

But something clicks when he gets onto the field, and he's a dick.

I thought new coaching from a no-nonsense guy like Caldwell would fix him...I think he's been better this year, but he's still a dick.

Hammer

Reaction score
Can't tell if it was intentional or not. What blow to the lions though. They need to beat the Cowboys this weekend. This sure doesn't help their causes [emoji107]

BajaMike

Reaction score
Most NFL players get 1/16th of their annual salary at the end of each game, assuming they show up, aren't in jail or suspended.....but it's hard to figure what the cost to him will be because he gets a lot of his pay in off-season bonuses.

If they have a football related injury and can't play they get paid.

If a player makes $16 million a year and is suspended for one game, he loses $1 million (normally).

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Can't tell if it was intentional or not. What blow to the lions though. They need to beat the Cowboys this weekend. This sure doesn't help their causes [emoji107]

Maybe Romo will go into "Playoff mode" and hand them the game anyway??

Sandlord

Reaction score
the first step on the leg on the leg looked accidental, but when he stepped back on it and pushed off, it was definitely a dick move. 1 game suspension is weak. it should be 3 games and cost him a bundle.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
He has a history of doing these sort of things which should make for more of a suspension provided they go further into the playoffs.

sirbob

Reaction score
I love that guy - pro athletes are entertainers...

Look at all the entertainment we are getting out of this ;-)

B-RAD77

Reaction score
I'm a Packer fan. That Suh guy is a dick he knew what he was doing Rodgers has a calf injury and he just tried to make it worse. Although I hope Detroit can beat the Cowboys

Yellowboat

Reaction score
the first step on the leg on the leg looked accidental, but when he stepped back on it and pushed off, it was definitely a dick move. 1 game suspension is weak. it should be 3 games and cost him a bundle.
even 3 is very weak, at least a year if not a permanent ban.

530RL

Reaction score
So you get busted smoking dope twice, suspended for a year. Intentionally do stuff like this for the third time, you get a one game suspension.

I must be dumb because I don't get it?

JRS1939

Reaction score
So you get busted smoking dope twice, suspended for a year. Intentionally do stuff like this for the third time, you get a one game suspension.

I must be dumb because I don't get it?
Gordon was caught smoking dope much more than twice BTW. More like 6 times.

77charger

Reaction score
Maybe Romo will go into "Playoff mode" and hand them the game anyway??

Alot of cowboys haters would like to see that but thru december the cowboys have been building momentum last three games were 40 points or more scored along with blow outs on thier oppenents.

As a cowboys fan i gotta admit i though romo was going to have another romo season after the first game against the niners since then hes been playing pretty darn good that i can give him his name back instead of homo.Their run game is good and their passing is good whitten,bryant,murray and beasely is even sneeking up there lately.

JRS1939

Reaction score
I think the same for Washington. He was caught much more than 2 times. It takes 4 to earn your first suspension....

pronstar

Reaction score
The NFL's revised marijuana policy isn't about "if" you smoke pot...it's "how much" you smoke.

I don't know what the amounts noted in the policy equates to, though.

From http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa
Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The amount of cameras in today's game catch little dirty things that were very minor in comparison to what used to go on. Bite marks and gouged/scratches inside facemasks were common place back in the day......Conrad Dobler would be suspended for life on what he did in a single game.:skull

pronstar

Reaction score
This upsets me. Clearly he knew what he was doing, based on his zero reaction when he took those steps backward - that's the exact opposite reaction that comes naturally.

This guy needs to be sent a stronger message, before someone gets injured. Monetary fines don't work...getting pulled from a playoff game would work spectacularly.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
This upsets me. Clearly he knew what he was doing, based on his zero reaction when he took those steps backward - that's the exact opposite reaction that comes naturally.

This guy needs to be sent a stronger message, before someone gets injured. Monetary fines don't work...getting pulled from a playoff game would work spectacularly.

100% agree! [emoji35]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The team that beats the Cowboys can win the superbowl.

stokernick

Reaction score
if I'd been Rodgers I would have planted my right foot in his ass so hard he'd get the point fast and furious.That arrogant self-serving asshole has above average talent and neanderthal intelligence. and they fine him $70,000 like that'll hurt!:(

Old Texan

Reaction score
The Lions as a whole are the dirtiest team in the league. Their center Dominic Raiola was already suspended for similar dirty play when he stomped a Bears player the game before.

A wake up call may be to fine the team itself.

707dog

Reaction score
The amount of cameras in today's game catch little dirty things that were very minor in comparison to what used to go on. Bite marks and gouged/scratches inside facemasks were common place back in the day......Conrad Dobler would be suspended for life on what he did in a single game.:skull

to young to see him play but my dad and uncle told me that he was a nasty mofo, even tho the raider and steelers had there guys this dude got away with some over board stuff

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Jack Tatum would have been in custody by halftime...

Old Texan

Reaction score
Jack Tatum would have been in custody by halftime...

Tatum was a boyscout compared to Dick "Night Train" Lane. Number 81 for the 60's Detroit Lions after stops with the Rams and Cards. He still owns the
single season interception record at 14 set in 1952, his rookie year. He never exceeded it because they quit throwing his way. He was named the greatest DB in the first 50 years of the NFL and entered the HoF in 1974.

His famous "necktie" tackle would be illegal today and was the most vicious tackling technique I ever saw. I worshiped him as a kid and wore 81 all through HS. His counterpart on the other CB spot was Dick Lebeau, the current Steeler DC. a great in his own right.

Here's a link to some old footage......

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QSrnQE&usg=AFQjCNEeWdTdlO0dwBx_eeE9s-EsHzLZaQ