WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealer Markup on New Diesel Trucks

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I have spoken with five different Ford dealerships in and around Orange County. Ordering from them is the best option right now. They all are doing a $100.00 refundable deposit and will sell at MSRP. The wait is 3-4 months.
3-4 months I wish.

sintax

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!

9100 under MSRP, 2022 2500 Laramie Mega Cab. Signed and deposit placed. I’ll grab it in 3-4 months they say.

Thats scary tempting right now for me. I need a truck payment like a hole in the head, but I'd love a new comfy Limited 3500.

Would you mind PM'ing me your contact at the dealers name?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Thats scary tempting right now for me. I need a truck payment like a hole in the head, but I'd love a new comfy Limited 3500.

Would you mind PM'ing me your contact at the dealers name?

I'm ordering myself. Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Pretty dang cool guy to talk to. He literally said to go on the Ram website, pick out your truck, save it as a PDF and email it to [email protected] and [email protected]. They will contact you and get it ordered. When it comes in, he will pick you up from the airport to get your truck and finalize the paperwork. If you would like a crawfish dinner, he will hook you up with a great memory. Really cool people it sounds like. I'm looking forward to it.

sintax

Reaction score
I'm ordering myself. Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Pretty dang cool guy to talk to. He literally said to go on the Ram website, pick out your truck, save it as a PDF and email it to [email protected] and [email protected]. They will contact you and get it ordered. When it comes in, he will pick you up from the airport to get your truck and finalize the paperwork. If you would like a crawfish dinner, he will hook you up with a great memory. Really cool people it sounds like. I'm looking forward to it.

sounds like a pretty darn good experience.

I was impressed when I bought my last truck (2007 Duramax LBZ) from Jason @ Selman. We talked on the phone for 10 min, I told him what I wanted, he said theres only 2 of those trucks in the USA, but I can get you one of the two from Fresno tomorrow. The following afternoon I was signing the paperwork on the hood of it at my office.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Well everyone needs 8 lugs and needs to be able to tow 20k lbs. 😂.

a well optioned out 1/2 ton is scratching 70k now

GMC AT4 I've optioned out, pretty loaded but not all the bells and whistles is 67-68K

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I'm with you there, but these are not your average pickups from 2002. The new Limited's have more features and comforts than a 4 year old Escalade.
My 2002 is perfect…a/c, power windows and mirrors, radio, etc…it’s a truck. Why does it need more features? I use it as a truck. A truck should cost $30K.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

GMC AT4 I've optioned out, pretty loaded but not all the bells and whistles is 67-68K

Any base near base work truck today (carpet floors and cloth seats) has a better interior with comparable features to a 15 year old truck, aside from the leather seats if you care. People just have Lariat, LTZ, Laramie as their lowest acceptable standards now, then whine that the prices are too high :)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't have a GMC dealership, if they did I"d be burning tracks that way right now.

Before all this chip shortage BS hit I was planning on getting a 2022 1/2 ton pickup this year, then I saw the revised interiors in the GM trucks and held off until they came out. I had originally priced out a 2021 1/2 ton Denali with the basics, 6.2 engine, standard bed, no sunroof, no optional electronic nannies, that's it. It stickered for about $62k, I figured I could more than likely get it OTD for close to $60k, then the chip shortage hit and no body has trucks, then prices went higher than giraffe pussy. Now, you're lucky if you can get a truck for MSRP. For a decently equipped AT4 or Denali with a 6.2 engine is between $71k to $73k, close to $80k with fees......for a half ton pickup! I really want an AT4X because you can get the multi-adjustable seats and better sound system. No I don't need the locking front and rear diffs for rock crawling (it'll never see dirt except for a construction site), but I want a 6-1/2' bed and no sunroof, which it only comes with a 5.5' bed and the sunroof is standard.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Bullshit. I would venture to guess that nothing made today will be on road in 15 years…

People are buying new trucks for features, not longevity. There is no other reason to spend 80K+ on a truck.

When I said "better" it was from a feature perspective.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Any base near base work truck today (carpet floors and cloth seats) has a better interior with comparable features to a 15 year old truck, aside from the leather seats if you care. People just have Lariat, LTZ, Laramie as their lowest acceptable standards now, then whine that the prices are too high :)
So prices haven’t gone to the moon? Just peoples standards? LOL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So prices haven’t gone to the moon? Just peoples standards? LOL
I priced out a same spec 2022 to my 2018, it is about 2K more and it comes with a little more crap. Yes I would pay more for it today, but the MSRP has not gone up dramatically.

1 year ago my friend bought a 2021 F250 XLT for low $60K. No it does not have the chap press, latte maker, panoramic sunroof, or ass massagers, but it does the same truck things as the $100K limited version.

Lariat version was another $8K for leather, different headlights and a couple extra dodads.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My middle kid will be shopping for a new truck soon. He was driving to work on Wednesday in Costa Mesa when some dude in an Avenger crossed over into oncoming traffic and hit him. The guy ran away on foot and it turns out the license plate belonged to a different car.

We are assuming it is totaled. The truck did its job and protected him.
IMG_7608.jpg

2022-04-13 16.18.31.jpg
2022-04-13 16.18.42.jpg
IMG_7590.jpeg
IMG_7591.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
Bullshit. I would venture to guess that nothing made today will be on road in 15 years…
Curious why you think that? My 16 Cummins has been running great with 150k on the clock

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Curious why you think that? My 16 Cummins has been running great with 150k on the clock
More doodads, more things to break would be my guess. That and perhaps the diesel emissions stuff.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Cobalt232

i think that color silverado is cursed. mines that color and the shit thats happened to it while parked is wild!

hallett21

Reaction score
My middle kid will be shopping for a new truck soon. He was driving to work on Wednesday in Costa Mesa when some dude in an Avenger crossed over into oncoming traffic and hit him. The guy ran away on foot and it turns out the license plate belonged to a different car.

We are assuming it is totaled. The truck did its job and protected him. View attachment 1106755

View attachment 1106751 View attachment 1106752 View attachment 1106753 View attachment 1106754
Glad he’s ok 👍🏻

hallett21

Reaction score
More doodads, more things to break would be my guess. That and perhaps the diesel emissions stuff.
It’s an SLT so not too much that could go wrong..... I hope lol. Gonna have the seats done in leather shortly as the cloth is wearing out.

I am either the luckiest guy in the world or I just drive my truck a lot. All the emissions issues I hear of seem to come from trucks that sit.

I firmly believe that engines that are driven last a long time.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Future parts availability as electronics and software becomes obsolete. Much like it's not worth fixing an iPhone 3, even though they worked just fine...as a fucking phone, not necessarily as a computer or gaming platform.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
One reason why these trucks have gone up so much , with inflated MSRP , is that most people buy based on monthly payments . Truck too high ? We’ll just extend the term 24 months or 36 months …

hallett21

Reaction score
One reason why these trucks have gone up so much , with inflated MSRP , is that most people buy based on monthly payments . Truck too high ? We’ll just extend the term 24 months or 36 months …
Fair but..... the base motors are now more powerful than the 2000-2004 versions. Let alone all of the other basic features

JL95

Reaction score
Get in on the 10 year loans for the escalades lmao

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My 2002 is perfect…a/c, power windows and mirrors, radio, etc…it’s a truck. Why does it need more features? I use it as a truck. A truck should cost $30K.
Don’t look at the price of boats...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

We are even beyond that at this point. A $75k truck you put $10k down on is a $900/month payment at 84 months. People have simply accepted car payments at $700+ per month, or leases.