WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB - M31 - 1350's....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The latest M31 from DCB. I'm not sure words can describe how much I'd like to own this boat. I love everything about it.. The Gel, the Power, the simplicity of smartcraft rigging.. The only change I would make is I would have them ditch the hatch on the deck and make it smooth.. and have them turn the props out for a couple more MPH.. :D

RD DSC_0158.jpg DSC_0247.jpg DSC_0231.jpg DSC_0213.jpg DSC_0189.jpg DSC_0172.jpg DSC_0169.jpg DSC_0168.jpg DSC_0163.jpg DSC_0161.jpg DSC_0146.jpg DSC_0259.jpg

headshothills

Reaction score
Yep, saw this one when we went down there in Feb, had engines in it but no drives at the time. Looks beautiful!!

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
This is by far my favorite DCB yet! I'm with you dave, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

El Rojo

Reaction score
A man could make a pretty good living selling zip ties to DCB.........

spectras only

Reaction score
The latest M31 from DCB. I'm not sure words can describe how much I'd like to own this boat. I love everything about it.. The Gel, the Power, the simplicity of smartcraft rigging.. The only change I would make is I would have them ditch the hatch on the deck and make it smooth.. and have them turn the props out for a couple more MPH.. :D

Love the colours myself:thumbsup. BTW, turning the props in helps to raise the bow of a V for less vetted surface. Just ask Reggie Fountain;) Wonder if it makes any difference on a cat like this 31?

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Beautiful boat... Love just about everything about it. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Love the colours myself:thumbsup. BTW, turning the props in helps to raise the bow of a V for less vetted surface. Just ask Reggie Fountain;) Wonder if it makes any difference on a cat like this 31?

On a Cat general rule of thumb.. Props out = Faster but less Stable. Props in = slower but more predictable.

JBS

Reaction score
I am not normally a fan of orange. But it works on this rig :thumbsup

BTW has DCB installed the most 1350's ? Would be interesting to know

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am not normally a fan of orange. But it works on this rig :thumbsup

BTW has DCB installed the most 1350's ? Would be interesting to know

I will find out

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

RD View attachment 263225 View attachment 263234 View attachment 263233 View attachment 263232 View attachment 263231 View attachment 263230 View attachment 263229 View attachment 263228 View attachment 263227 View attachment 263226 View attachment 263224 View attachment 263235

The boat is a hundred miles an hour faster than your sled and you want to turn the props out for a couple mph? Lol.

spectras only

Reaction score
Dave , how's this boat from Nordic runs with the props turning in?;) Picture 415.jpg

PLACECRAFT20

Reaction score
That is my buddies boat that is coming to Oklahoma. It turned some big speed numbers. We talked Tuesday and the word is it is running in the shoot out with tony as the driver. I had to talk him into it by the way.
That is why I was asking about the live video. This should turn some big numbers and maybe win if the weather will hold out. I will get to spend time in it the rest of the summer. I will let DCB release the speed numbers if they want.
They may want to keep it quiet until the shoot out is over.
By the way Dave, I could get you a ride for a review if you want?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I wonder what they're doing with the blue Donzi in the background? I think that's the one that GT built the motors and rigged. Always liked that boat.

Oh yeah, and the M31 is nice too ;):thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is my buddies boat that is coming to Oklahoma. It turned some big speed numbers. We talked Tuesday and the word is it is running in the shoot out with tony as the driver. I had to talk him into it by the way.
That is why I was asking about the live video. This should turn some big numbers and maybe win if the weather will hold out. I will get to spend time in it the rest of the summer. I will let DCB release the speed numbers if they want.
They may want to keep it quiet until the shoot out is over.
By the way Dave, I could get you a ride for a review if you want?

That would be great! If its out here between DS and the boat show is when we will be doing most of our filming.

underpressure

Reaction score
Not normally a fan of orange, but they knocked this one out of the park! Really a beautiful boat!

I would add to RD's "wish list" - either let me win the effing lottery or find some way to make this kind of ride "somewhat afforable" for the common man...

I guess one can always dream..

dave29

Reaction score
detoxic....you sure the blue boat in the picture is the 1st M29??????

Struv

Reaction score
It's amazing the fucking prices they are asking for these things! Help me understand???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's amazing the fucking prices they are asking for these things! Help me understand???

Most of it is the price of the power.. The boats are actually pretty cheap when you do the math and understand what goes into them.

Struv

Reaction score
Most of it is the price of the power.. The boats are actually pretty cheap when you do the math and understand what goes into them.

Thanks Dave.

Do you think it would benefit DW to modify sponsons to allow for I/O?

Is power in general overpriced?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is power in general overpriced?

That's a pretty loaded question.. Lol. Hp isn't necessarily equal to other Hp.. Anybody can build you a motor. Mercruiser builds a motor that can run anywhere in the world with any idiot running the shit out of it and abusing it to no end for years on end... And it will start every damn time so long as even basic maintenance is performed. There's something to be said for that.

That being said the price increases over the last ten years have become nothing short of ridiculous, and this new EPA bullshit needs to be stopped or we are all gonna be screwed..

It's not the inflated prices that bother me. It's the idea that the big companies like Merc, Ilmore, Teague, CP, chief, etc etc aren't coming together as a united front and fighting back against the single biggest threat to our freedoms and common sense... CARB

Struv

Reaction score
That's a pretty loaded question.. Lol. Hp isn't necessarily equal to other Hp.. Anybody can build you a motor. Mercruiser builds a motor that can run anywhere in the world with any idiot running the shit out of it and abusing it to no end for years on end... And it will start every damn time so long as even basic maintenance is performed. There's something to be said for that.

That being said the price increases over the last ten years have become nothing short of ridiculous, and this new EPA bullshit needs to be stopped or we are all gonna be screwed..

It's not the inflated prices that bother me. It's the idea that the big companies like Merc, Ilmore, Teague, CP, chief, etc etc aren't coming together as a united front and fighting back against the single biggest threat to our freedoms and common sense... CARB

Well said Dave. Sounds like the big marine motor companies need to come together in order to control costs and have a united front in order to deal with CARB and keep the lake boating community from being priced out.

Struv

Reaction score

Dave, with your connections to the engine builders, have you shared your thoughts on CARB and pricing?

hallett21

Reaction score
I think the roughly the price just for both 1350s and both M8s would be 250k. The Extreme and Lugo trailers are also extremely expensive... So It starts adding up quickly lol

I think it's closer to 300. And that's not rigged. Best "advertised" price I've found is 150k plus rigging

hallett21

Reaction score
You're probably right. I forgot exactly where I got the 250k, but I'm pretty sure that topic came up a few months ago. Crazy money!! Awesome engines though. I'm really looking forward to seeing this orange m31 at DS. I love the black bottom with that Orange!! Awesome boat!!

I think originally that was the asking price for one motor lol. Crazy money but also a crazy motor lol

BasilHayden

Reaction score

Thank you, at times I think some are afraid to stand up against CARB/EPA for fear they will be targeted by the eco nazis. But if we dont put our collective power together we will eventually lose our right to enjoy boating the way we want to. FYI, I just confirmed older sea doos/outboards etc are now banned from Lake Powell. Hmmm great fewer lake lice, umm wait what is their next target, my hot rod perhaps?

:grumble:

tkrrox

Reaction score
Thank you, at times I think some are afraid to stand up against CARB/EPA for fear they will be targeted by the eco nazis. But if we dont put our collective power together we will eventually lose our right to enjoy boating the way we want to. FYI, I just confirmed older sea doos/outboards etc are now banned from Lake Powell. Hmmm great fewer lake lice, umm wait what is their next target, my hot rod perhaps?

:grumble:
i was at lonerock at lake powell 2 summers ago and there were stickers and tumble weeds everywhere...i was talking with the park ranger asking why it's never been like this before...he said that the EPA won't allow them to run the grader on the beach to remove all the bushes...what kind of shit is that...bored Mother Truckers with nothing better to do...it's sad because you literally couldn't even walk on the beach with out shoes...you couldn't wear flip flops and the kids couldn't play in the sand it was so bad...

awesome1

Reaction score
While I know speed is a big thing with these boats i think i would be perfectly happy with one with 496s or 525s I guess to me they look so cool i wouldnt care if it only went 80mph

renodaytona

Reaction score
Each and every boat that DCB releases get better and better every time. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While I know speed is a big thing with these boats i think i would be perfectly happy with one with 496s or 525s I guess to me they look so cool i wouldnt care if it only went 80mph

When you are going 80 in one of these it feels like you are going 20 in another boat. Even 100 feels like nothing..

RD

NM Bullet

Reaction score
I keep saying the same thing to myself. Just looking at that dark colored M29, that thing's gonna be over the top too. I can't wait too see the new Red M41 with the black interior, that is going to look sick.:thumbsup

The dark M29, is actually a Ford Kona Blue M35. That will have Mercury 1100's & 6 drives. I believe it will be in the street party.