WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB F-29 All years good ?

done

Reaction score
Looking to get a used F-29, Is there any bad years with any problems ? I seem to remember a thread about a year not taking a real good set, maybe
some porpoising. Any thoughts would be helpful...... thanks in advance.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They don't porpoise. I think the last one was built in 2012?

There are no bad years Jeff. Maybe the earlier ones weren't capped? Later ones have the 32 floor in them with step plates and are more likely to have poker run interior.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK getting a F29 to porpoise at any speed! getting it on plane is a whole different story. One of the best family friendly Cat's ever made. Wish I could have bought a nice one when the market was down a few ago. Prices seem to be very solid again.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK getting a F29 to porpoise at any speed! getting it on plane is a whole different story. One of the best family friendly Cat's ever made. Wish I could have bought a nice one when the market was down a few ago. Prices seem to be very solid again.

The singles literally roll over as soon as you give them throttle.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
They are SUCH a nice Havasu boat. I rode in a 496 twin boat and that thing was awesome. I had a V10 625 X 2 that I loved. Anything SC would just be unreal. I would not hesitate to buy any year of that boat. Solid boat / looks awesome / performs / and handles great.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
The singles literally roll over as soon as you give them throttle.

YA think that's why I had that Quad rotor :cool....LOL Wetwillie's 1050 single with 6 drive was the Shitz! 1300 in mine would have be been Stupid :thumbsup

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
How does an 28 Daytona ICC compare to an F29 with similar power?
You guys with F29's and 28 Daytonas can always give me a ride, in exchange for a unbiased 3rd party opinion...:D:thumbsup

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
You guys with F29's and 28 Daytonas can always give me a ride, in exchange for a unbiased 3rd party opinion...:D:thumbsup

I have been in both with identical power. Both had twin Ilmor 625's. They both ran very well, but I was more impressed with the F29 and also I like the interior layout of the F29 better.

Outdrive1

Reaction score

28 Daytona is slightly faster. DCB canopies are day and night better. Neither porpoise. DCB's rigging is nicer. Engine bays are way more detailed in the DCB. Both are great riding boats. Those are both home runs bottom wise. Eliminator tends to install tunnel tabs and DCB's almost never have them. I wish they did. It helps it plane a lot easier.

TCHB

Reaction score
I agree the DCB engine compartment is extremely neat and well done. Who ever they have doing this work they better keep him.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Don't their workers work for other shops too?

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
The only way to make an F29 handle bad is to hang 2 #6's on the back of it. Too much weight on the back and messes up the CG. The F29, F32 and all the M's do everything right

G. Faulk

Reaction score
YA think that's why I had that Quad rotor :cool....LOL Wetwillie's 1050 single with 6 drive was the Shitz! 1300 in mine would have be been Stupid :thumbsup

T what ever happen to WW's boat?

Singleton

Reaction score
Btw, I was going to pm you & ask if you have seen that F29, cuddy, single TCM 800 boat that was listed by that rockstar dude? Silver & red colors..

I did not. I don't trust any listing by that guy. Have you seen it posted by any reliable shop?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That rockstar dude answered when I called about it

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jason is legit on selling boats.

Hate on....

So he has a business license? He's insured? prepared in anyway to stand behind a deal if something goes sideways? People call him for listings? or he sticks other people's actual listings online and if somebody accidentally calls his tries to wiggle some small %?

Which part is legit?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So he has a business license? He's insured? prepared in anyway to stand behind a deal if something goes sideways? People call him for listings? or he sticks other people's actual listings online and if somebody accidentally calls his tries to wiggle some small %?

Which part is legit?

I thought he was now into promoting beermakers t-shirt business? I can't keep up with that guy.

DSMITH

Reaction score
I love the clean red and white single f29 rockstar is advertising but not interested at 200k

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I love the clean red and white single f29 rockstar is advertising but not interested at 200k

I just checked this boat out on Powerboat and your right it is super clean, but some might say I'm a little partial to the colors/graphics

Singleton

Reaction score
Jason is legit on selling boats.

Hate on....

So explain why he has the silver M41 listed on his page. I know for a fact Horizon is the only authorized dealer. In fact Horizon has that stated on their site "only authorized dealer", due to other representing they have the listing.
I could care less, but I will never purchase a boat through Jason @ Rockstar. I have my reasons and will keep those private.

JRS1939

Reaction score
So explain why he has the silver M41 listed on his page. I know for a fact Horizon is the only authorized dealer. In fact Horizon has that stated on their site "only authorized dealer", due to other representing they have the listing.
I could care less, but I will never purchase a boat through Jason @ Rockstar. I have my reasons and will keep those private.
List me all the DEALERS in havasu....

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I bought a F-29 (Merc 525's) 4 months ago and my wife said she'd kill me if I ever sold it, we feel it's the perfect size for havasu and the other smaller lakes we go to. Good luck in your search.

JBS

Reaction score

Which part is legit?

RD the guy just needs a little positive PR.

Why don't you hook him up [emoji3]

Reactions: 460

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
List me all the DEALERS in havasu....

lol.. list me all the chins in china? wtf kinda question is that?

if you are referring to Ricky you'd be mistaken.. as far as dealers in havasu thoigh theres gotta be 40+? maybe more?

done

Reaction score
Btw, I was going to pm you & ask if you have seen that F29, cuddy, single TCM 800 boat that was listed by that rockstar dude? Silver & red colors..

Thanks i will check that out

Singleton

Reaction score
I would go twin power application.

I want twins, wife wants single. If I could keep the UltraDeck as the family boat, I would do a closed bow f29 twin. Can't afford 2 boats with kids and school.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I want twins, wife wants single. If I could keep the UltraDeck as the family boat, I would do a closed bow f29 twin. Can't afford 2 boats with kids and school.

Here is the thing - with a boat like that I would never want anyone in the open bow unless you are in no wake.

1. Obstruction of view in your horizon line. It would be unsafe. Hey if the boat goes 60-70 it is one thing. Double that it changes.

2. Building on one - those boats cruise at 80. No one is enjoying that ride in the open bow. Catch a big bug to the face - good times....

Get the boat you want and a reasonable pontoon when you do not want to take out the DCB.

Andy01

Reaction score
I still want Bob Teagues old F29. Change the gel up a bit, I think it would be a great Havasu boat. :thumbsup

F29's can work as a single but are really a better boat in a twin. Singles are slow on acceleration unless huge power and #6, if big power and a bravo they are drive eaters. Twins are easier to dock and trailer, they turn sold with the weight outbound. OD'1s old Ilmor boat was a blast to drive, did 121 with 5 guys in Parker in 120 degree heat in the summer. Would run much faster with different props and cooler air. But that set up ran really well and was fun as hell to drive. He should have kept it :D.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
I still want Bob Teagues old F29. Change the gel up a bit, I think it would be a great Havasu boat. :thumbsup

F29's can work as a single but are really a better boat in a twin. Singles are slow on acceleration unless huge power and #6, if big power and a bravo they are drive eaters. Twins are easier to dock and trailer, they turn sold with the weight outbound. OD'1s old Ilmor boat was a blast to drive, did 121 with 5 guys in Parker in 120 degree heat in the summer. Would run much faster with different props and cooler air. But that set up ran really well and was fun as hell to drive. He should have kept it :D.

OD1's is the F29 that I rode in when DCB first built it. I really like the F29.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Had it for years now. Handles great on the Delta. The Ilmor's just run.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I still want Bob Teagues old F29.

Me too. That's always been my favorite 29 built. Came up for sale a couple years ago and I wish I could've bought it. Has a new owner in Disco Bay now.

Andy01

Reaction score
Me too. That's always been my favorite 29 built. Came up for sale a couple years ago and I wish I could've bought it. Has a new owner in Disco Bay now.

There is still a old ad up for it at $140,000. Not the best looking of get, not the worse. But great power. I'd own it for sure. I am sure it will run in the 150's.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Had it for years now. Handles great on the Delta. The Ilmor's just run.

My wife and I were lucky enough to go to dinner on this F29 a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe what a great boat this is at everything, no porpoise at any speed, accelerates great, and hauls the mail on the top end.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
There is still a old ad up for it at $140,000. Not the best looking of get, not the worse. But great power. I'd own it for sure. I am sure it will run in the 150's.

I only remember Teague's 32. Which 29 was his?

jack14r

Reaction score
In 2008 DCB started to vaccummed bag and carbon was an option a boat that had these options weighs about 800 pounds less.I think that the Ilmor twin 700 boats are the ultimate as they will run 135+ with bulletproof motors,with the poker run interiors,Dave built about 8 of these.This is a great package and it has one of the best hulls ever built.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
The 29 we owned had a single Teague 825. The boat was a lot of fun to drive, easy around the docks, easy to trailer around town. The 29 is the perfect Havasu boat on the water. It handles all water without any problems and is very predictable. I would not want a open bow with single power. I feel it would be a slug on the water. Also no one seems to purchase the open bow boats. If you want resale I would get a closed deck boat with new Teague or Mercury power.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Which part is legit?

Well other than all those "details" he's legit on selling boats. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23]