WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daytona500 and state of NASCAR....

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Man, I love the race and have watched it for years......But just can't get up to watch these cookie cutter cars driven by the current group of divers lacking the fire and appeal of the old guys from the past. No pizazz and top level bloodlust spirit anymore. Kids can drive, but the luster is worn off.

Jimmie Johnson has the winning records but he's always been more machine than human character. Little E brought his big track reputation and made it entertaining. Jeff Gordon gave us excitement inspite of looking like a kid. But now that seems to be all there is, kids.....I want the crazy all out "mean" and nasty pros of the past. Oh how I mis the Intimidator Dale Sr, King Richard, David Pearson, Cale and Leroy, AJ. Way back to crazy ass Curtis Turner, and so many of the old guard that gave the sport color and driving like they stole the cars. Guys that wanted blood if you tried to pass them and rub too hard. Passion is just lacking.

Even the Busch bros can't keep it interesting.....:(

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The peeps with the real guts raced stock cars that went 200MPH 50 years ago.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think NASCAR has tried to hard to be everything to everybody and have driven away the fans that made them what they were. I just rolled my eyes when I think about their NASCAR green promotions there’s nothing green about NASCAR in my opinion. To each his own

4Waters

Reaction score
All the restart shit screwed it up. The drivers don't have to be ruthless they get a 2nd chance at each race.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The peeps with the real guts raced stock cars that went 200MPH 50 years ago.
Yup, those old guys, like some I mentioned, could turn a go kart race into an exciting race of passion.....The kids today ain't got the fire

cale-allison16gd1.JPG

nascar-dale16gd1.JPG
2015-NHOF-Curtis-Turner-02.jpg

Sports_Illustrated_40817_19680226-001-775-cover.jpg

61ztR0hsnAL._SX425_.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Yup, those old guys, like some I mentioned, could turn a go kart race into an exciting race of passion.....The kids today ain't got the fire

cale-allison16gd1.JPG

nascar-dale16gd1.JPG
2015-NHOF-Curtis-Turner-02.jpg

Sports_Illustrated_40817_19680226-001-775-cover.jpg

61ztR0hsnAL._SX425_.jpg

I've nearly been kicked out of MB2 because I'm to aggressive. I've actually apologized to people for my aggressiveness towards racing and when I get into the zone there's no getting out of it until the race is over. The last time I was there I started in 9th and finished in 2nd and I was "nudging" 1st place looking for his weak turn, I found it and ran out of laps.

Crazymofo

Reaction score
These kids have the passion. Nascar reigns them in and finds them and the teams huge dollar amounts. Their hands are tied pretty much. SUCKS for sure.
Saturday's race sucked, Nascar has taken the so called racing out of racing. Let's just make this a drafting race. What? All these wind packages and restrictor plate packages makes for horrible racing. These kids have had driving stripped from them.
What's sad I'm not even going to watch today's race. I really hope that it's a good one though for the fans. Just not for me on these restrictor plate races.
My 2c

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Man, I love the race and have watched it for years......But just can't get up to watch these cookie cutter cars driven by the current group of divers lacking the fire and appeal of the old guys from the past. No pizazz and top level bloodlust spirit anymore. Kids can drive, but the luster is worn off.

Jimmie Johnson has the winning records but he's always been more machine than human character. Little E brought his big track reputation and made it entertaining. Jeff Gordon gave us excitement inspite of looking like a kid. But now that seems to be all there is, kids.....I want the crazy all out "mean" and nasty pros of the past. Oh how I mis the Terminator Dale Sr, King Richard, David Pearson, Cale and Leroy, AJ. Way back to crazy ass Curtis Turner, and so many of the old guard that gave the sport color and driving like they stole the cars. Guys that wanted blood if you tried to pass them and rub too hard. Passion is just lacking.

Man, I gotta agree OT. I just watched the driver introductions. Never heard of 75% of these guys. WTF? Has the money dried up and the owners can't afford to give the drivers enough purse money to pay them adequately?

Years back, the least known drivers were guys like Derick Cope or Boris Said. Now....Who Dat?

termiteguy

Reaction score
I love nascar but yesterday's race was so boring there is racing from the back with 10 laps to go like it was before now it's just a big circle

MOUZER

Reaction score
same as boat racing.....they gotta screw up everything...........boats and cars got to fast so they switch from a 1/4 mile to 1000 feet cmom 1/4 mile is drag racing.........
any way cmon chace elliot # 9

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I was a tire guy in Nascar series for years.New rules and changes really sent the sport backwards.All forms of racing have become spec racing.Run it like oldschool and build your own car and motor.

This ^^^

I haven’t watched NASCAR in years. Boring. Off Road and LSR are the only forms of racing it seems anymore where you can actually build something unique and go run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudsbud

Reaction score
The France family, in the last year I think, sold a huge chunk of their ownership stock in "ISW" is it ? symbol?
They know whats coming. younger generation could care less abut NASCAR as long as Fort nite et.al. is out there.....

brgrcru

Reaction score
I've nearly been kicked out of MB2 because I'm to aggressive. I've actually apologized to people for my aggressiveness towards racing and when I get into the zone there's no getting out of it until the race is over. The last time I was there I started in 9th and finished in 2nd and I was "nudging" 1st place looking for his weak turn, I found it and ran out of laps.

LOL:D fuck ya.

Reaction score

Jimmie Johnson has the winning records but he's always been more machine than human character. Little E brought his big track reputation and made it entertaining. Jeff Gordon gave us excitement inspite of looking like a kid. But now that seems to be all there is, kids.....I want the crazy all out "mean" and nasty pros of the past. Oh how I mis the Terminator Dale Sr, King Richard, David Pearson, Cale and Leroy, AJ. Way back to crazy ass Curtis Turner, and so many of the old guard that gave the sport color and driving like they stole the cars. Guys that wanted blood if you tried to pass them and rub too hard. Passion is just lacking.

This is a serious sign you are getting old. :D

jpf091959

Reaction score
Spec racing, is getting real boring. It is sad the car in your garage has more HP than these race cars. I say turn up the HP and cut that spoiler down, drive them loose.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
so much I can say why ? but it all boils down to the pussification of our country.
More likely that it's the almighty dollar.
The money invested into each team is astronomical.
Pussification are the rules/regulations that limit the cars' capabilities....essentially removing its masculinity.

jetur

Reaction score
There are a couple story lines Today. McMurray s last race. Hendricks has fast cars again starting one and two.
It's not like the good ole days with the same 40 guys for years on end but, there is some very good raw talent in the cup series. The good racers are fun to watch because they are absolutely pissed about getting second, Harvick & Kyle Busch. I can't say I blame them.

brgrcru

Reaction score
More likely that it's the almighty dollar.
The money invested into each team is astronomical.
Pussification are the rules/regulations that limit the cars' capabilities....essentially removing its masculinity.

oh I agree with the money deal.
people want to see race car driver laying it on the line . not happening anymore = not that interesting
its happening to all mainstream sports.
Nhra shorten the track to 1000'
hockey = when is the last time you saw a bench clearing brawl. I barely watch anymore
footabll = not the same.
just to name a few.
Pc has fucked up a lot of things in this country and most sports, are not immune to it.