Cutting ditch in rock......

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;18w32KySeJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18w32KySeJg[/video]

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2M1R-gX4Ky0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1R-gX4Ky0&feature=channel[/video]

mrs flyin vee

not a bitch. THE BITCH
Reaction score
we need one of those here in Parker to get this fricken sewer in. :bash:

what a mess this is to drive through.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Does that thing have some ultra low gear to roll backwards on the tracks as it makes progress? Or is the main chassis Parked and then the conveyor system moves some distance to a stop, move the chassis and start over again?

RD

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Does that thing have some ultra low gear to roll backwards on the tracks as it makes progress? Or is the main chassis Parked and then the conveyor system moves some distance to a stop, move the chassis and start over again?

RD

Load sensor controls the tracking of the equipment as it digs. It is hydraulically driven with a direct drive chain. Automatic transmission. It's a D-8 chassis (CAT). 175 thousand pound machine, 650 hp.

We have one a bit bigger than this one. But we own 6 chain driven, 6 wheels (which have more torque) and several ladder trenchers. We also have the excavators and rubber tired stuff.

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
That shadow is way too small to be BW. :D

It does slim me down!! Or maybe it's tha lack of sleep and food in this economy? LOL My pants are loose. :D

Doing better. We have 12 excavators and 22 rubber tired hoes. And thankfully much of it is working. But it has been a tough road for the past two years.

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Here the same machine with the milling attatchment. We only have one milling attatchment and it's only for the 2500. 11 foot wide, 3 foot deep.

[video=youtube;Dhpfc6SuxJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhpfc6SuxJg[/video]

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Here the same machine with the milling attatchment. We only have one milling attatchment and it's only for the 2500. 11 foot wide, 3 foot deep.

YouTube - TT - MH

Stupid question here. What are they trenching for? That hole is really deep and really wide. That is a seriously badass piece of equipment.

DirtyWhiteBoy

WILL WORK FOR FUEL
Reaction score
Bad Ass!

I needed that last week, I hit 3 B.M.F. rocks at the bottom:p

after digging with a backhoe we decided the 4th one was "bedrock" so I dumped some redimix over the conduit and was glad I didn't have to get an inspection:D:D:D

Awesome Machine!

Attachments

• DSCF0171.jpg
    DSCF0171.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 256

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Stupid question here. What are they trenching for? That hole is really deep and really wide. That is a seriously badass piece of equipment.

No blast area so just trying to cut a path for a road through the mountains. We do alot of work cutting ditch to protect other under ground structures from blasting operations. The ditch takes the hit, not the structure.

We also mill concrete, concrete with rebar and asphalt. It makes nice little piles you can then use as backfill or construction material. Nice feature. It runs about $6 a cubic yard. Cheap to get milled and creat a useable material.

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Bad Ass!

I needed that last week, I hit 3 B.M.F. rocks at the bottom:p

after digging with a backhoe we decided the 4th one was "bedrock" so I dumped some redimix over the conduit and was glad I didn't have to get an inspection:D:D:D

Awesome Machine!

We would have had a good time if you were closer. Could have sent over a machine to knock that rock right out!!! ;)

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score

You should see the big bad boy. I'll get some pics of it. Over 300,000 lbs. It does serious damage. Comes on a couple of trailers. Sitting in the back of the yard, supposed to go to Peru. I have no idea when? :skull

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Maintenance is one hour for every hour of operation. Need a good fabricator as well. Hard facing buckets and pocket repair on trenchers is a big thing.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Sweet stuff BW. Empire CAT must love you. They better. ;)

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
So i have this demon spawn of a Bougainvillea...:bash::bash:

Donnie

Reaction score
Hey what are you doing with work:champagne::champagne:

Donnie

Reaction score
Don't tell anyone, but I actually have some! :D

How are you doing?

We have 1 job going for the Army Corp down at the 91st ave treatment plant. We have moved 1.5 million yards so far and have about another 500,000 to go and we are homeless....hopefully we will land something by then:D

Not So Fast

Reaction score
In the last video then you just leave the material inplace for digging later? or is it just a blast shock diverter? Hellof a machine, thats your business I assume. Having spent 20+ years in pipeline and underground I know how high maintenance is on any rock excavating, break down nightmares. Thanks, brings back nightmares:D NSF

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
In the last video then you just leave the material inplace for digging later? or is it just a blast shock diverter? Hellof a machine, thats your business I assume. Having spent 20+ years in pipeline and underground I know how high maintenance is on any rock excavating, break down nightmares. Thanks, brings back nightmares:D NSF

With the milling head you can leave the material and go back through with the loader and muck it out.

I have one machine bigger. 14 trenchers in all. Same amount of excavators, 375 being the largest, couple of 350s and some 330s and 325s and even an old 245 still running. 22 rubber tired hoes, 4X4 with extended hoes. 30 water trucks, couple of dozers, loaders, usual crap. Wish I could get more of it working. It's tough out there.

Last edited:

Not So Fast

Reaction score
With the milling head you can leave the material and go back through with the loader and muck it out.

I have one machine bigger. 14 trenchers in all. Same amount of excavators, 375 being the largest, couple of 350s and some 330s and 325s and even an old 245 still running. 22 rubber tired hoes, 4X4 with extended hoes. 30 water trucks, couple of dozers, loaders, usual crap. Wish I could get more of it working. It's tough out there.

Knowing what this kind of machinery costs, that is a pretty impressive inventory. I talk with my ole boss now and then and they are and have been very competitive bidders on pipeline jobs in So Cal for many years, ( I worked for them 20+years) and he tells me that jobs are going way way cheap nowadays, They were second on a $15M job and didnt know how they would breakeven, job went for $2M less, go figure. Hopefully it gets better. NSF

Big Warlock

Banned
Reaction score
Knowing what this kind of machinery costs, that is a pretty impressive inventory. I talk with my ole boss now and then and they are and have been very competitive bidders on pipeline jobs in So Cal for many years, ( I worked for them 20+years) and he tells me that jobs are going way way cheap nowadays, They were second on a $15M job and didnt know how they would breakeven, job went for $2M less, go figure. Hopefully it gets better. NSF

We were a medium sized company a few years back. Been in business for 30 years. I got involved ten years ago. We are down to 1/4 the revenue we used to do. Really painful. It does seem to be some promise in the near future. We started a couple of jobs and seem to be looking at some nice stuff this fall. We'll see.

As a young man it was easy to be eager to take over and build a business. Now it isn't that fun. At least not at the moment. Anyone in construction can sympathize. As well as other business ventures.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
We were a medium sized company a few years back. Been in business for 30 years. I got involved ten years ago. We are down to 1/4 the revenue we used to do. Really painful. It does seem to be some promise in the near future. We started a couple of jobs and seem to be looking at some nice stuff this fall. We'll see.

As a young man it was easy to be eager to take over and build a business. Now it isn't that fun. At least not at the moment. Anyone in construction can sympathize. As well as other business ventures.

Down sizing, yeah no crap. Colich & Sons back in the day when tracts were poping up everywhere had probably 200 operators and laborers, maybe a dozen or more jobs going at once with others waiting. I think now they have 3 underground crews going + a concrete crew. It was out of control back then, not now. Good luck. NSF