WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cruel World May 11, 2024…

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wife just got the line-up for next years event. Tickets go on sale in A few days. We are going to go once again.……

IMG_2925.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
We'll be there!

Definitely fumbled by not going to Darker Waves.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Welp just got the mail and this showed up in today’s delivery.……..Dude!!!! Looks like we’re getting the band back together.

🤘🤘

It is a miniature guitar. LOL

IMG_3183.jpeg

samsah33

Reaction score
Gonna try, I don't see anything on my calendar that day, but that doesn't necessarily mean that my "social director" has nothing planned for me... Was just looking at the website today, looks likes an awesome lineup, take lots of pics and have a beer or three for me...!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Grabbed the set times for anyone that might not have it. 👍

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 4.13.08 PM.jpeg

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Seen most of those groups when i was younger , had a friend that worked for KROQ and would keep me in tickets. Having a CT of my lower spine at 6 in the morning that day . Then going to see Alan Parsons Project in Riverside.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Seen most of those groups when i was younger , had a friend that worked for KROQ and would keep me in tickets. Having a CT of my lower spine at 6 in the morning that day . Then going to see Alan Parsons Project in Riverside.

Got my hopes up for a minute there. They aren't playing anywhere in Nor Cal. Ugh...

Alan parsons once said. Audiophiles don't listen to their systems to hear our music. They listen to our music to hear their systems.

C-2

Reaction score
Wishful thinking, but you never know. Fingers crossed for an appearance by Hope

C-2

Reaction score
Bummed that Chris Stein still isn't playing with Blondie. He wasn't there for her last appearance at CW in 2022, either.

Nonetheless, not bad for 79-years old!

Last edited:

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I've heard of one or two of those bands.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
I've heard of one or two of those bands.
How about this one?

The dude just kills it live...this will be our 4th time seeing him in the past year! Numan set the stage for countless synthesizer bands to follow, a true icon.

C-2

Reaction score
Been listening to a few mixes on Spotify. 👍
Maybe we'll see you in there 👍

I'm thinking about parking at Parsons in Pasadena and taking the shuttle instead of worrying about traffic.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
alright where is the go to place for some food and drink in Pasadena? Located in Downtown Pasadena this year. 👍

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
No alcohol but some dam good chicken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510-043317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510-043317_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
RDP meetup at CWF. First round is on @HNL2LHC ! :p
Absolutely!!! Also if anyone would like a ride to the event we could figure something out. We have parking at the Clubhouse area. It is not that bad as far as traffics did it last year. Was only about 100yard walk to our entrance. Downside is that we are going to get there on the early side and have to stay late for the final bands.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Maybe we'll see you in there 👍

I'm thinking about parking at Parsons in Pasadena and taking the shuttle instead of worrying about traffic.
absolutely do the shuttle, they are running 45-50 busses this year. cheaper parking and drops you pretty close to the entrance. people get scared when they see the line to leave, but it constantly moves. the whole route from parsons to the drop is protected and controlled giving the shuttles priority.

C-2

Reaction score
absolutely do the shuttle, they are running 45-50 busses this year. cheaper parking and drops you pretty close to the entrance. people get scared when they see the line to leave, but it constantly moves. the whole route from parsons to the drop is protected and controlled giving the shuttles priority.
Thanks for the insight bud! Traffic leaving that place sucks. Traffic after being told to evacuate was just silly.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight bud! Traffic leaving that place sucks. Traffic after being told to evacuate was just silly.
It was not that bad last year. The thing is the club house VIP parking is right at the exit. By the way had the pre event night tonight. It was a bit of a cluster but fun way to spend a few hours.
IMG_3763.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
IMG_3775.jpeg

My attempt to day drinking

C-2

Reaction score
Ministry for the win! They delivered. It was loud, they had live strings, and even the sound effects were spot on. We were blown away by them.

Not my vid but we had a great spot close to this one.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I am right there with you on Ministry. The only bummer that I had was I stayed for Adam Any but should have joined the wife and other friends for Simple Minds. They sounded like one of the top groups as well. Looks like they might be touring this or next year so that will be on our radar. Great time with good people only had one asshole and his 20-25 year younger wife give attitude. Basically told her to take dad and find a place to enjoy the show. Sorry they are so unhappy in life. LOL

Heading back to solitary confinement this morning. Weather sucks anyway…..😂😂😂

IMG_3873.jpeg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Ministry for the win! They delivered. It was loud, they had live strings, and even the sound effects were spot on. We were blown away by them.

Not my vid but we had a great spot close to this one.

They were rad!

C-2

Reaction score
I am right there with you on Ministry. The only bummer that I had was I stayed for Adam Any but should have joined the wife and other friends for Simple Minds. They sounded like one of the top groups as well. Looks like they might be touring this or next year so that will be on our radar. Great time with good people only had one asshole and his 20-25 year younger wife give attitude. Basically told her to take dad and find a place to enjoy the show. Sorry they are so unhappy in life. LOL

Heading back to solitary confinement this morning. Weather sucks anyway…..😂😂😂

View attachment 1373168
Simple Minds was the band I wanted to see most, but the daughter wanted to see Soft Cell /Marc Almond, and we had a good spot that we didn't want to lose, so we stayed put for him. Adam Ant wasn't bad, but he should be better. Almond was surprisingly good, sans the creepy thing that joined him onstage.

Like http404 kept telling me while I was whining about it - choices had to be made, you can't see them all. :D 🤟

41 punk bands at No Values next month will be another cluster fawk...but can't wait!

HTTP404

Reaction score
I just watched the Simple Minds set on Youtube. I think Soft Cell was the right call on that one.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I just watched the Simple Minds set on Youtube. I think Soft Cell was the right call on that one.
Do you have a link to that? I’d like to see it if it is available. I ‘d also like to pass along to a friend that was not feeling up to walking to that stage at the time. 👍

HTTP404

Reaction score
This was my favorite number of the whole day. Gary Numan M.E.

HTTP404

Reaction score
Do you have a link to that? I’d like to see it if it is available. I ‘d also like to pass along to a friend that was not feeling up to walking to that stage at the time. 👍
I seem to have lost the full set one. I'll paste it once I see it again. Here are some others.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I seem to have lost the full set one. I'll paste it once I see it again. Here are some others.

Awesome!! Thanks for posting it. If you do find the other one post is up. 👍