WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Couple of questions hallet boat find.

LennyRacer

Reaction score
Ok I picked this up over the weekend. Knowing what Ive heard from some friends etc. I went for it.
I was told this is a 20 ft one of three made? However havent hit it with a tape yet.
Any info or facts on this would be great. As to its value etc.
BTW--No motor no trans,,,,
Thanks,

Attachments

• infotitle.jpg
    infotitle.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 405
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 424
  • IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

78 Continental

Reaction score
Cool find. If this was truely 1 of 3 made I would think you would be able to call and talk to Hallett and get some info on this boat. Clean her up, get your motor, trans and everything else needed and have some fun. Keep us updated with more pics and info.

LennyRacer

Reaction score
Cool find. If this was truely 1 of 3 made I would think you would be able to call and talk to Hallett and get some info on this boat. Clean her up, get your motor, trans and everything else needed and have some fun. Keep us updated with more pics and info.

Actually we contacted Hallet and was told "that it was impossible because there were only 3 made" which prompted me to pick it up just in case ;).
I figured there would be a guru in here that could look at the title and tell me if its a golden goose egg or not :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have never seen anything like that before..

No telling if it's a golden egg or not.. Probably has more to do with what you make of it..

RD

C-2

Reaction score
For the record - 2 t's in Hallett :p

carykard

Reaction score
Seen one that looked real close but was a Howard. Is the boat still in FL? I picked my Hallett up in FL also.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
I have a really similar '70 but it's a 19.5... No pics handy.

Ryph

LennyRacer

Reaction score
The title is out of florida, not sure how it got here. Im keeping it down the street in storage next to Temecula.

78 Continental

Reaction score
Actually we contacted Hallet and was told "that it was impossible because there were only 3 made" which prompted me to pick it up just in case ;).
I figured there would be a guru in here that could look at the title and tell me if its a golden goose egg or not :)

By golden goose I assume u are trying to hit the jackpot and be able to get top dollar on resale for your boat? These type of boats dont bring the $$$, shoot not many boats do in this economy. I have seen one of these before that had a blower motor in it. Nice piece, but if being 1 of 3 it wont be the top $$$ unless you put a SOHC Ford or Hemi in it and people buy the boat for the motor. This boat wont be the fastest, it will ride well, its a family ski boat, probably has a bronze strut. Clean it up drop in your motor and go have fun.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Hallett ever do any GN racing? Sure gots lots of GN'ness about it.......

I dunno.............

LennyRacer

Reaction score
Totally feel ya on that one. I am interestesd in selling it as I have enough projects going on already. The only blown motors I have are all in cars lol.
Yeah I know bad joke. I can just see myself explaining why we need to have a blown boat too...
I dont expect to get rich.(although would have been cool to have found the floating grail though) I found it more exciting on the chance of the event. Im sure someone in here would be better prepaired to do it right.
So yes I have a hull for sale :)
Plus I dont have enough money to compete with my moms boat on this one so Ill just burn her gas. (cheaper) lol
I dont have a trailer and Im certain anyone serious dosent want the one it was on..(but I know a guy) ;) But anyone interested hit me up.
Im still trying to do a little research to find out the details on this one.
Ill see if I can get the actual length as well as some interior shots.

Sorry about the spelling too, didnt mean to offend anyone. I was going off the title.... Even then some mornings I cant even spell the word "Ford"..:champagne:

By golden goose I assume u are trying to hit the jackpot and be able to get top dollar on resale for your boat? These type of boats dont bring the $$$, shoot not many boats do in this economy. I have seen one of these before that had a blower motor in it. Nice piece, but if being 1 of 3 it wont be the top $$$ unless you put a SOHC Ford or Hemi in it and people buy the boat for the motor. This boat wont be the fastest, it will ride well, its a family ski boat, probably has a bronze strut. Clean it up drop in your motor and go have fun.

78 Continental

Reaction score
Contact Mouzer on the boards here or on Performanceboats.com he could possibly help ya out or steer you in the right direction. Good luck!