WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Couple of boats I saw this morning in Salmon Bay...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
FYI, this occurred on Lake Washington which is between downtown Seattle and Kirkland / Bellevue / Renton. The lake has locks that go from the lake to the Puget Sound just north of downtown Seattle.

We launched this morning around 8:30am at Magnuson Park on Lake Washington and cruised around Kirkland and Juanita before heading over to the Mountlake Cut and on to Lake Union and Salmon Bay. I love going over to Salmon Bay and checking out all the Alaskan fishing boats, the Ballard locks, seeing the salmon enter the lake is awesome and grabbing a bite to eat at Chinooks in Fishermans Terminal. This area is really marine industrial and usually the big yachts that come through the locks head on through to Lake Union. Today there were a handful of beautiful yachts / ships? in Salmon Bay. Here are a couple of pics -

First up is ANTARES. This thing was mammoth. The dingy on the upper deck looked to be a 18'. The center console tied to the side was set up to tow with the yacht, it is a Yellowfin CC, looked to be 35'-42' in length with twin OB's.

IMG_6416.jpg
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.jpg

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Who says open bows suck? I've never seen a yacht with the bow set up like this one, didnt get any close up shots but when we came back by I could see designer wood treads on the steps leading down to the giant open bow area, kinda looked like it had covered swimming pool or giant hot tub in the front or maybe just a helo pad? The boat to the left it it was quite awesome as well.

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Cool pics. I like the trawler design...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The amount of wealthy people that live on the shores of Lake Washington, Lake Union and Lake Sammamish is astounding. We live our day to day lives working 50 - 60 hour weeks and are fortunate to have the opportunity to have a boat and cruise around the lake, but when you do the disproportionate wealth hits you like a hammer. Lake Washington has 50+ miles of shore line. That is just the perimeter of the lake and and I dont think it covers Mercer Island which is one of the wealthiest zip codes in the US. There are probably 10 K + homes right on the water all are worth several million each and a lot of them are in the 10 - 30 million range. The yachts, seaplanes, hell even yachts that only serve as a helicopter pads for beach front homes that the county wouldn't permit a ground based pad cost more than 99% of most Americans homes.

Boating on Lake Washington is cool, lots of great restaurants and bars, but it is a total reality check if you haven't done it in a while, which I haven't.

Here is a snapshot from Zillow if your not familiar with Lake Washington or the surrounding lakes and Ballard lochs and the home pricing. Very few of the homes on the water are showing up on zillow, if it's less than a couple of million it isn't on the water. One of the homes in Meydenbaeur Cove has a real life Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton in its living room that you can see from the cove.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...-121.998024,47.450148,-122.588539_rect/10_zm/

poncho

Reaction score
Seems like there always some serious baller boats in front of those Condos.

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
The story I heard is that those condos are housing for the crew of the yachts that tie up there.
Real baller country there.lol

poncho

Reaction score
The story I heard is that those condos are housing for the crew of the yachts that tie up there.
Real baller country there.lol

Makes sense as every time I go by there the boats are different.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a couple of buddies that were into the yachts and mega yachts.. everyone of them said it isn't the purchase price, it's the operating costs that kill you.

spectras only

Reaction score
I have a couple of buddies that were into the yachts and mega yachts.. everyone of them said it isn't the purchase price, it's the operating costs that kill you.

That is the reason Kyle [ local in West Vancouver ] had this cheap 47 Fountain for a long time. He was going to replace it with a low key 65 footer that would fit into this small passage where he resides. Daddy has Attessa III and Attessa IV, why bother buy your own;) If you're not a billionaire, ALL of your fortune would dry up quick buying yachts, jets.
This rather modest looking residence is for a reason, but still fits in the locale ;)
Kyle%20W%2047%20Fountain

Kyle%20W%20Fountain%202

Read here about Daddy's boats. https://www.forbes.com/sites/luisak...less-hours-on-his-beloved-boats/#31ab60b07881

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
We went into Lake Union at Seafair weekend. Seen pretty much the same boats/yachts. Lake union is awesome. There is so much money in there it is ridiculous. Seafair weekend. (Unlimited Hydros) is the NorthWest Coast edition of LOTO (Ozarks Shootout). Anyways a write up may be warranted. Keep that in mind RD.

poncho

Reaction score
That is the reason Kyle [ local in West Vancouver ] had this cheap 47 Fountain for a long time. He was going to replace it with a low key 65 footer that would fit into this small passage where he resides. Daddy has Attessa III and Attessa IV, why bother buy your own;) If you're not a billionaire, ALL of your fortune would dry up quick buying yachts, jets.
This rather modest looking residence is for a reason, but still fits in the locale ;)
Kyle%20W%2047%20Fountain

Kyle%20W%20Fountain%202

Read here about Daddy's boats. https://www.forbes.com/sites/luisak...less-hours-on-his-beloved-boats/#31ab60b07881

I wonder if he used to keep some cars next to those condos. I met a gal about 12 years ago who's job was to run and maintain some nice supercars that were kept in climate controlled containers next door. I remember her saying the guy lived in Alaska, BC and Washington.

spectras only

Reaction score
I wonder if he used to keep some cars next to those condos. I met a gal about 12 years ago who's job was to run and maintain some nice supercars that were kept in climate controlled containers next door. I remember her saying the guy lived in Alaska, BC and Washington.

These guys always cater for each other.;) Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Dennis Washington etc...... Dennis owns part of the North shore of North Van and the shipyard. You always see visiting superyachts there, no other place you can berth big mothers like theirs. The Attessa IV is over 300'. I like Dennis of all the big ballers. He is a gearhead and made his furtune working hard unlike the other born under lucky star ones.;) Our local billionaire Jimmy Pattison is another who worked his ass to make his empire since he was out of highschool. Jimmy just donated $50M towards the rebuild/reconstruction of StPaul hospital in Vancouver.

Ps; Poncho, are you close to Lake Chelan? There's a carshow on the 9th and I've heard there will be boats on display as well, like hydros etc.....

poncho

Reaction score
These guys always cater for each other.;) Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Dennis Washington etc...... Dennis owns part of the North shore of North Van and the shipyard. You always see visiting superyachts there, no other place you can berth big mothers like theirs. The Attessa IV is over 300'. I like Dennis of all the big ballers. He is a gearhead and made his furtune working hard unlike the other born under lucky star ones.;) Our local billionaire Jimmy Pattison is another who worked his ass to make his empire since he was out of highschool. Jimmy just donated $50M towards the rebuild/reconstruction of StPaul hospital in Vancouver.

Ps; Poncho, are you close to Lake Chelan? There's a carshow on the 9th and I've heard there will be boats on display as well, like hydros etc.....

Home in Mass (cheaterville:rolleyes), I roll through 4 or 5 times a year...lived there 25 plus years and stay in touch with quite a few people even though I moved away 17 years ago.....I have friends that go to that show with cars and boats. :thumbsup

buck35

Reaction score

Now I'll have to decide whether to do the crescent bar scream and fly deal or drive up to the lake for the car/baot show. The smoke from the fires is pretty bad right now , so I wonder if either will be well attended.

poncho

Reaction score
Now I'll have to decide whether to do the crescent bar scream and fly deal or drive up to the lake for the car/baot show. The smoke from the fires is pretty bad right now , so I wonder if either will be well attended.

Skagen bash is also this weekend.:p

spectras only

Reaction score

Yeah, smoke is so bad, I couldn't see across the lake from my house this morning. Still can't as I type.:grumble: One fucker got caught flipping a cig butt out the window of his car, moaning and bitching on the news about his $575 fine. The whole province is burning and fucktards still don't get the message. I've heard there's a new fire in Montana as well.:thumbsdown

buck35

Reaction score

poncho

Reaction score
I knew that too. Forgot all about that deal. My cousin at sunland has a couple neighbors that do that. :thumbsup
Scream and fly generally wins out wit the nice boats and assorted pasties running , or should i say bouncing around:champagne::drink

Too bad they don't join forces, hell of an event and plenty of back and forth banter. :D