WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cops Shoot Stolen Car Suspect At End Of Chase

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Pretty wild chase and he was running for the border.

http://cbs2.com/local/Stolen.Car.Suspect.2.617745.html

man driving a stolen Los Angeles County sheriff's patrol car was shot by police Tuesday when he allegedly reached for a shotgun in the car at the end of a pursuit in the San Diego area, authorities said.

The officer-involved shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at southbound Interstate 5 and Palm Avenue in the Nestor-Palm City area, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Regino Aguilar, 26, got out of the car after the chase but didn't comply with officers' orders, said San Diego police Lt. Kevin Rooney.

He then got back in the car and "was literally trying to pull the shotgun out of its mount," said Rooney.

Officers opened fire, and Aguilar received a minor, non-life-threatening gunshot wound, the lieutenant said.

He was taken to UCSD Medical Center, where he will be kept under guard overnight and may be taken to jail tomorrow, said Rooney.

Aguilar, whose hometown was not disclosed, does not have any outstanding warrants and it was unclear why he stole the patrol car, according to Rooney.

No other injuries were reported.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So am I reading this right? Or did he in fact steal a cop car?

RD

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
So am I reading this right? Or did he in fact steal a cop car?

RD

Stole the SHERRIF's car, then was shot when he went for the shot gun. $20 says he's illegal and will sue.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere in the article where they mentioned that he had actually stolen a cop car. I just noted when they said he couldn't give the shotgun off the mount and assumed..

RD

tunnelvision

Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere in the article where they mentioned that he had actually stolen a cop car. I just noted when they said he couldn't give the shotgun off the mount and assumed..

RD

"A man driving a stolen Los Angeles County sheriff's patrol car was shot by police Tuesday when he allegedly reached for a shotgun in the car at the end of a pursuit in the San Diego area, authorities said."

"Aguilar, whose hometown was not disclosed, does not have any outstanding warrants and it was unclear why he stole the patrol car, according to Rooney."

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty wild chase and he was running for the border.

http://cbs2.com/local/Stolen.Car.Suspect.2.617745.html

man driving a stolen Los Angeles County sheriff's patrol car was shot by police Tuesday when he allegedly reached for a shotgun in the car at the end of a pursuit in the San Diego area, authorities said.

The officer-involved shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at southbound Interstate 5 and Palm Avenue in the Nestor-Palm City area, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Regino Aguilar, 26, got out of the car after the chase but didn't comply with officers' orders, said San Diego police Lt. Kevin Rooney.

He then got back in the car and "was literally trying to pull the shotgun out of its mount," said Rooney.

Officers opened fire, and Aguilar received a minor, non-life-threatening gunshot wound, the lieutenant said.

He was taken to UCSD Medical Center, where he will be kept under guard overnight and may be taken to jail tomorrow, said Rooney.

Aguilar, whose hometown was not disclosed, does not have any outstanding warrants and it was unclear why he stole the patrol car, according to Rooney.

No other injuries were reported.

Well DAH!!! He was heading home..right to the fricken border!!:swear

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yea...Officers opened fire...and he only had non life threating injuries!!:swear

John McGuinness

Reaction score
Cut the guy some slack. I am sure he just got finished working 12 hours. Cutting your lawn or cleaning your toilet. He just needed a ride home. They are only here to work.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This doesn't happen in Texas. Texas cops "kill" the perp when they shoot him, especially if he steals the Sheriff's ride.....:hotdevil