WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Consequences

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

"This Is The Final Straw": Musk Announces SpaceX Moving From CA To Texas After Newsom Passes Anti-Parent Gender Law

teaser image
"SpaceX will now move its HQ from Hawthorne, California, to Starbase, Texas..."

TUE JUL 16, AT 1:40 PM

Atta boy Elon!!! 👍
This has been a mumbling and rumor for a few years now. It was just a matter of time. Great job there dumbass Newsome. Probably no more Vandenburg launches then either. Vandenberg/Long Beach/Hawthorne are what made the CA location work. Without the facility in Hawthorne, none of that makes sense.

BTW, SpaceX does not own any of the buildings it is in in Hawthorne.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I agree with his move, but I know it will effect other businesses as well. Those not directly tied to SpaceX will be hurt. Once again, the political dumbasses have hurt their constituents, and will blame it on the evil rich guy...and stupid people will agree.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
no worries Newscum will turn the emptied headquarters into homeless housing... problem solved
And soup kitchens, gotta feed them all too.

And who knows, probably facilities for gender transformations as well, so in addition to not telling the parents of the gender change, the state can now offer up free conversions.

Imagine that, drop your boy off for school and you pick up a girl. Or vice versa and the parent hadn’t a clue.

Hammer

Reaction score
I cannot believe the parents right to know about their MINOR child are being stripped. Craziest thing I have ever read. Kids and even teens can be easily manipulated, they aren't old enough to know better when it comes to sexual orientation. That is why they are minors and cannot consent to anything.

Good for Elon. Bad for California.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I cannot believe the parents right to know about their MINOR child are being stripped. Craziest thing I have ever read. Kids and even teens can be easily manipulated, they aren't old enough to know better when it comes to sexual orientation. That is why they are minors and cannot consent to anything.

Fuck CA. I wish I could move too, except I can’t move my job with me, I’d have to find a new one.

thetub

Reaction score
And soup kitchens, gotta feed them all too.

And who knows, probably facilities for gender transformations as well, so in addition to not telling the parents of the gender change, the state can now offer up free conversions.

Imagine that, drop your boy off for school and you pick up a girl. Or vice versa and the parent hadn’t a clue.
you know never thought of that.. imagine

" honey i dropped off Brian at school in the morning and went back in the afternoon to pick up someone calling herself Briana "

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
I agree with his move, but I know it will effect other businesses as well. Those not directly tied to SpaceX will be hurt. Once again, the political dumbasses have hurt their constituents, and will blame it on the evil rich guy...and stupid people will agree.
Well stated sir… completely agree.
How in the hell can the libtards continue to control the un educated “sheeple” voters that they have been fucking over for the last 50 years or more.

Tank

Reaction score
Didn’t Tesla already bail too?

Newsome is a fuckin train wreck. Saw him on bill mawr a couple months ago. Straight up spin doctor!! Dudes a sleazy snake oil salesman. He just oooooozes sleaze

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The best part about this is Liberals can’t spin it. They’ve had democratic control of the state for 30+ years. They’re eating their own at a rapid pace and too naive to realize it… or maybe they do lol

They’ve been quiet lately….

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

That's the part pisses me off the most. These demons know damn well these kids don't have the mental faculty to make these decisions and on top of that, hide it from their parents.

It's truly unbelievable, evil and one more reason why there is no compromise to be had with the left. It is a war that the sane MUST win.

Travmon

Reaction score
The best part about this is Liberals can’t spin it. They’ve had democratic control of the state for 30+ years. They’re eating their own at a rapid pace and too naive to realize it… or maybe they do lol

They’ve been quiet lately….
We have the same up here in Washington, single party control for over 30 years and they want to take credit for accomplishing nothing with a nearly unlimited tax revenue. I am trying to put up a garage at home and so far I am 5800.00 in studys and yet to hand the packet to the county for their fees and 9 month wait 😔

LazyLavey

Reaction score
And dont forget.....Elon has also blessed Reno with the recycle company....

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
What I find very amusing though, is years back my brother was the one who showed me things about Tesla, SpaceX and the mad scientist Musk. He touted how brilliant he was, and the things he was doing.

Now, I have to agree. Sadly, my brother and his wife are libs, and probably speak poorly of Musk now.
...but I remember 🤣

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Ordinarily, one would be somewhat sad if a major supplier of jobs and tax generation, especially one with the scope of SpaceX, moved away from their home town. I grew up in Hawthorne, from the age of 7 until I went into the Coast Guard @ 19. I consider it my home (even though I've only been back once, in the last 40 years) and am still in touch with a few hundred of my classmates and childhood friends. Unfortunately, the town, and my old schools bear zero resemblance to the "City of Good Neighbors", I grew up in. There was no need to have addresses painted on the roofs of apartment buildings, nor wrought iron fences and bars across windows and yards in those days. The failed mall and demographic shift ruined what was once the epitome of Southern California suburban living. Now it's just another no-go zone in the shadow of Los Angeles.

I'm pretty sure that more of the aerospace industry will be following Elon, and I don't blame them one bit. Just another shovel of dirt thrown out of the hole that will soon be the grave of failed policies.

riverroyal

Reaction score
But on the flip...my sons long time smart aero-tech friend works in Hawthorn for Space x
His salary is wayyy above average for a 27 year old. Yet still struggling due to bullshit cost of living

Now he can leave. Raise a family where he can afford to actually due it..

Bad for Cal. Good for employees

Roosky01

Reaction score
Fuck CA. I wish I could move too, except I can’t move my job with me, I’d have to find a new one.
I feel you. It’s hard to imagine that people used to pack up everything they own and know and just ride or drive to a better life not knowing where or what that even looked like.

We have definitely lost that spirit as Americans.☹️

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

In CA? That’s like normal stuff.

IMG_3767.jpeg

Xring01

Reaction score
How many of you have personally seen the Tesla Factory in Austin Texas.
I have been there many times.
This is one of the things you have to see in person to truly appreciate the size/scope and volume of people who work there.
But not only the Tesla employees… all of the companys in Texas that provides good and services to that factory. Think about how much $$$ is flowing into that economy.

What I can tell you. If you have an appt at that facility. You are literally working with a team of people. Just to assign you to the parking lot you are allowed to park in. When you arrive at one of the many many many lots. You walk into Visitors center, to check and get your badge. Then you go park your car in that lot, walk to a bus stop. Jump on bus… then after many many stops you arrive to the front doors. You arrive at least an hour earlier than your appt time, to get thru this process. Imagine the largest Airport Parking lot in the US… none of them are bigger than 1 Tesla parking lot in Austin.

Why am I going into such detail on this subject. Not because I work closely with Tesla over the years.

Because all of those jobs at Tesla, all of the jobs to build those factorys, all of the jobs to support Tesla on all the goods and services it needs to produce their products.

ALL OF THAT Could have been in CA…

Not only did Newsom not learn that lesson years ago when Tesla left CA…
Newsom doubled down on stupid and managed to lose Twitter/X and Space X… the fast majority of major company’s that used to have HQ is CA… pretty sure Oracle is moving its HQ. I can’t count how many have changed their HQs to avoid Ca taxs and stupid policys.

If there are not enough high paying to afford the high priced homes in CA, then how does the housing market continue its record trend.

The simple facts are those higher paying jobs are leaving CA right left and center. Due to Newsom/Libtards policys. Yet CA voters continue to vote the same way, and support the people who are destroying the CA economy.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I feel you. It’s hard to imagine that people used to pack up everything they own and know and just ride or drive to a better life not knowing where or what that even looked like.

Ive done that exact thing my entire life.
It’s sort of the nature of my industry.
All you have to do is go do it.
But today people can’t even seem to pick out a restaurant without reassurances.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
just might be Dems game plan all along...

F up Cali so back... make property values so low... then sweep in and buy it up..

aka.. San Francisco..... Business out .... ???

I wouldn't put it pass these scum bags...

PS .. anyone know cheap HB homes for sale ..LOL

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score

The nature of @was thatguy 's job helped him see the world, and bounce on to greener pastures.

My wife, myself and our three kids moved 370 miles east of the only places we knew. 12 years ago, it was hero or zero, all or nothing. No jobs in place and didn't know anyone. Best thing we ever did, and possibly the dumbest at the same time. Life is full of gambles. I hope the SpaceX crowd overcomes their fear of the unknown...heck, it's really an exploration business anyway.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Fathers used to get on a train in Ohio, travel to San Fran, get on a boat to Seattle, hop another boat to Alaska, and then travel on foot for 100 miles or better just for the opportunity to find gold.

Their family may get a letter every so often while gone and one day they would just show up back home years later and pick up where they left off.

Most people won’t even move across town now…

NicPaus

Reaction score
just might be Dems game plan all along...

F up Cali so back... make property values so low... then sweep in and buy it up..

aka.. San Francisco..... Business out .... ???

I wouldn't put it pass these scum bags...

PS .. anyone know cheap HB homes for sale ..LOL

Wish I would of bought all the Hawthorne houses 10 years ago. Holly Glen especially. Neighborhood went crazy in value. Same with parts of Inglewood.

Romans9

Reaction score
We have the same up here in Washington, single party control for over 30 years and they want to take credit for accomplishing nothing with a nearly unlimited tax revenue. I am trying to put up a garage at home and so far I am 5800.00 in studys and yet to hand the packet to the county for their fees and 9 month wait 😔

I’m selling my house in Missouri and I have a contract on another 20 acres about 25 miles away.

The only inspection I have for the new place I am building is on the septic system install (which I will do myself).

Free state living is how I will die.

thetub

Reaction score
How many of you have personally seen the Tesla Factory in Austin Texas.
I have been there many times.
This is one of the things you have to see in person to truly appreciate the size/scope and volume of people who work there.
But not only the Tesla employees… all of the companys in Texas that provides good and services to that factory. Think about how much $$$ is flowing into that economy.

What I can tell you. If you have an appt at that facility. You are literally working with a team of people. Just to assign you to the parking lot you are allowed to park in. When you arrive at one of the many many many lots. You walk into Visitors center, to check and get your badge. Then you go park your car in that lot, walk to a bus stop. Jump on bus… then after many many stops you arrive to the front doors. You arrive at least an hour earlier than your appt time, to get thru this process. Imagine the largest Airport Parking lot in the US… none of them are bigger than 1 Tesla parking lot in Austin.

Why am I going into such detail on this subject. Not because I work closely with Tesla over the years.

Because all of those jobs at Tesla, all of the jobs to build those factorys, all of the jobs to support Tesla on all the goods and services it needs to produce their products.

ALL OF THAT Could have been in CA…

Not only did Newsom not learn that lesson years ago when Tesla left CA…
Newsom doubled down on stupid and managed to lose Twitter/X and Space X… the fast majority of major company’s that used to have HQ is CA… pretty sure Oracle is moving its HQ. I can’t count how many have changed their HQs to avoid Ca taxs and stupid policys.

If there are not enough high paying to afford the high priced homes in CA, then how does the housing market continue its record trend.

The simple facts are those higher paying jobs are leaving CA right left and center. Due to Newsom/Libtards policys. Yet CA voters continue to vote the same way, and support the people who are destroying the CA economy.
ive said it numerous times manufacturing is the foundation/backbone of a countrys economy...

yes they might not all be Tesla or Space X but its an honest days work and provides income

one manufacturing plant is like a mini economy in itself as you say... provides not only 100s and 1000s of jobs for the company , but the eateries , lunch trucks, ups,fed x . repairmen ,suppliers,box manufacturing,salesmen , construction and so on.... imagine rows of manufacturing plants like we had ???

and in times like covid or even a War you have your own manufacturing to create whatever you need. or convert over to whatever you need (like Ford and other companies did) look at all the delays there were during covid...

they sold out our country to the highest bidder

NicPaus

Reaction score
But the weather is great.
40 degrees cooler than my River pad currently. It's not for everyone. But it works for some. I couldn't work in construction elsewhere with the heat. I got a fan on me working and it's low 70s.

Last weekend had to do some work at the river pad. Truck was under a awning and I couldn't hold the tools I pulled out of my tool box. Same with tools from my shed. To hot to hold. Needed gloves or a cool wet towel to cool them off to use. My work trucks half the shit inside would go bad. Wax rings would melt, caulk, silicon would harden. Would have to buy a refrigerated box truck to work out of.

j21black

Reaction score
And dont forget.....Elon has also blessed Reno with the recycle company....

I have been in the Gigafactory in Reno - Love or hate EV cars - That facility is impressive.

One of the few plant tours I have been on in 25 years that I actually enjoyed.

When I was there I missed Elon by a week - The employee who was showing us around said no one talks to him. If he knows who they are they either have done something great, or they are about to get fired so they stay clear. I told her, I'd ask him to have a beer if he was standing here right now without thinking twice about it.

Wonder what this means for that facility now not being next door to the CA facilities.

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
But on the flip...my sons long time smart aero-tech friend works in Hawthorn for Space x
His salary is wayyy above average for a 27 year old. Yet still struggling due to bullshit cost of living

Now he can leave. Raise a family where he can afford to actually due it..

Bad for Cal. Good for employees
Well he better start looking because he’ll be competing with all his coworkers and drive the housing prices up there as well.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
This has been a mumbling and rumor for a few years now. It was just a matter of time. Great job there dumbass Newsome. Probably no more Vandenburg launches then either. Vandenberg/Long Beach/Hawthorne are what made the CA location work. Without the facility in Hawthorne, none of that makes sense.

BTW, SpaceX does not own any of the buildings it is in in Hawthorne.

They will most likely still launch out of Vandenburg as it provides access to orbit inclinations that aren't feasible from the cape or from TX. The very high inclination launches are the ones that go out of Vandenberg (ones that orbit the earth in a north south direction rather than east west. Ones that cover the poles). This is why there are much fewer launches there as those orbits aren't the common ones.

But it will have a massive effect that trickles down through other business. Another brilliant move from Nutsacramento 🤣

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
ive said it numerous times manufacturing is the foundation/backbone of a countrys economy...

yes they might not all be Tesla or Space X but its an honest days work and provides income

one manufacturing plant is like a mini economy in itself as you say... provides not only 100s and 1000s of jobs for the company , but the eateries , lunch trucks, ups,fed x . repairmen ,suppliers,box manufacturing,salesmen , construction and so on.... imagine rows of manufacturing plants like we had ???

and in times like covid or even a War you have your own manufacturing to create whatever you need. or convert over to whatever you need (like Ford and other companies did) look at all the delays there were during covid...

they sold out our country to the highest bidder
I worked on the Hyundai ad account when they opened their first plant in Montgomery, Alabama.

We toured the area numerous times. It was an economic wasteland before Hyundai started building.

When we were being shuttled-around in busses that had “Hyundai” signs on the side, people literally stopped and applauded as we drove by.

One of their first plant managers was a gal who spent her “career” working at the local Waffle House.

Talking to people and hearing their stories was an amazing experience.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They will most likely still launch out of Vandenburg as it provides access to orbit inclinations that aren't feasible from the cape or from TX. The very high inclination launches are the ones that go out of Vandenberg (ones that orbit the earth in a north south direction rather than east west. Ones that cover the poles). This is why there are much fewer launches there as those orbits aren't the common ones.

But it will have a massive effect that trickles down through other business. Another brilliant move from Nutsacramento 🤣
I will rely on your knowledge of the inclination angles and such as I have NO idea on that front. I do know they cant launch NEARLY as often from Vandenberg due to the way the pad is constructed as well as the fact that they have to land the boosters on the barge off the coast of Mexico. I believe they can land them on land at the Texas and Florida locations? At least for the Falcon rockets that is.

thetub

Reaction score
I worked on the Hyundai ad account when they opened their first plant in Montgomery, Alabama.

We toured the area numerous times. It was an economic wasteland before Hyundai started building.

When we were being shuttled-around in busses that had “Hyundai” signs on the side, people literally stopped and applauded as we drove by.

One of their first plant managers was a gal who spent her “career” working at the local Waffle House.

Talking to people and hearing their stories was an amazing experience.

i turned into a junker and go to old manufacturing plants that are closing and rescue old work benches and tools , boxes etc.. that they are throwing out

its sad . we once had a small manufacturing biz that was forced to shut maybe thats where my love comes from for these items...

problem is im running out of room to put stuff...

OC Mike

Reaction score
I know a few sub vendors who supply the site.
It will hurt...

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I will rely on your knowledge of the inclination angles and such as I have NO idea on that front. I do know they cant launch NEARLY as often from Vandenberg due to the way the pad is constructed as well as the fact that they have to land the boosters on the barge off the coast of Mexico. I believe they can land them on land at the Texas and Florida locations? At least for the Falcon rockets that is.

They only land back at the pad if the payload is light/orbit low. basically a 'low performance' launch. Otherwise they have another barge that sits out by Bermuda for the high performance launches.

They also have a landing zone at Vandenberg, it was used a couple months ago.

Most of the launches use the barge, either at the cape or here on the west coast.