WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Compassionate Jimmy Kimmel

Justfishing

Reaction score
Jimmy has a son born with a heart condition. Fearing the kid might die he wouldn't get close to the kid protecting himself. So instead of providing all the love and comfort he held back. The way I see it if the kid had died he would have never felt the love he deserved from his father. What a sad statement to make, such compassion.

Edit..Dave he was emotionally distant from his own son. That way if his son died it wouldn't be so traumatic for him. Instead of unconditional love he distanced himself from his son.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...mmel-says-he-his-wife-didn-t-want-get-t124936

I can't find the first article I read about it.That one described how he didn't want to hold or be near his son. It wasn't fear of hurting the baby. Rather it was a fear of getting to close to the baby thinking there was a good chance he would die.

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Protecting himself???...probably protecting his kid...unless he said otherwise???...

Meaney77

Reaction score
Me either.

I dont necessarily agree with his political views but after seeing this video and reading along, I guess I get it to a degree and what hes trying to accomplish.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
He is trying to push socialized healthcare by using the example of his kid getting heart surgery at a private hospital that runs by charity. It is political pandering it's finest and he is trying to push his agenda. His kid wasn't saved by Obamacare

77charger

Reaction score
He is trying to push socialized healthcare by using the example of his kid getting heart surgery at a private hospital that runs by charity. It is political pandering it's finest and he is trying to push his agenda. His kid wasn't saved by Obamacare
Yup and he will still afford the care he needs while the health care he preaches for the rest of the country won't do a damn.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
If I read the op right Jimmy didn't want to get close in fear he (jimmy) would be hurt by losing his child

Correct me if I'm wrong, at the risk of sounding callus, sounds a little selfish to me. Thinking of his own feelings

I agree the child may just benefit, even at that young age, with the feeling of being loved and warmth of a loving parent

I'm in no way comparing a child to a pet but it's like keeping your very old sick ailing constantly in pain pet alive because you don't want to put it down and you can't bear the thought of living without it. Not thinking the pet would be better off in a better place

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Pay no attention to the limousine liberal.

Good enough for thee, isn’t good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Kids are better than a puppy.....
xi1sWD.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
In all seriousness there’s nothing tougher than seeing your children sick or in pain. I remember my daughter having surgery and I passed out in the recovery room. She woke up crying and flailing and I fell out. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Not trying to get this moved to the dungeon (P&G section)... but anyone who thinks we don’t already have Universal Health Care is hitting the crack pipe.

An illegal alien can go to an emergency room for a cold, without insurance, and they will be treated. They/anyone (except us responsible folks) can skip out on the bill, and our (responsible folks) rates go up.

Finding a way to mange those costs, without government involvement, while providing coverage for all, is possible but will probably never happen because...politics.

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Interesting thread.
I’ve never been a fan of his.
Not really my flavor of humor.
Anyone who knows me knows his political views are about 180 out of mine;)

What I wouldn’t do, is judge the man for how his emotions work when a baby and heart issues are involved.

It’s a very difficult thing. Handing your baby off to a pre op nurse.
Not knowing what the immediate future will bring.

I’ve never been rich or famous.
But Jimmy and I have walked in the same shoes.
I’ve handed that baby off.
More than once.
More than twice.

Jimmy may be a liberal douche.
But he has my sympathy.
The shoes he walked in aren’t shoes I’d wish anyone to wear.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I remember when you shared pictures of your dog, before you even brought it home. You had a funny name picked out if I remember correctly. How is he/she? Not a he/ she like Caitlyn...lol.
Schmitty just turned two the first of March (He was actually born on Leap Day) He's a very good boy, he's also a funny fucker :D

1yMPy9.jpg

Df7MIE.jpg

uhsCAD.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Schmitty just turned two the first of March (He was actually born on Leap Day) He's a very good boy, he's also a funny fucker :D

1yMPy9.jpg

Df7MIE.jpg

uhsCAD.jpg
Schmitty , two already. Wow. Time flys
He is a good looking pup and we wouldn't expect less of a funny fucker being your dog [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk