WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cognito!

kgt

Reaction score
nice that they signed up to reply to the issues….thats cool..

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Installer does not necessarily = shop

You are right, but when an installer mess up he works for the shop right. I wont say Billy Bob messed my truck up. I will say Xyz Trucks messed up my truck.

You are only as good as your worst employee. ;)

NicPaus

Reaction score
You are only as good as your worst employee. ;)[/QUOTE]

This is so true. Imagine how many shops install Cognito products so there must be numerous issues on a regular basis. Making it hard for Cognito to keep up on installs. When my lift was installed it was the techs first time with an 06 HD. Only difference from 05 was the 6 spd tranny but a bracket on the tranny gave him issues putting in the new front driveshaft. A quick phone call to Cognito and they had the answer. They must get alot of these calls for dumb shit that has nothing to due with their product.
Like mentioned I have had issues trying to get a hold of someone at Cognito for some new Heim ends for my steering. Thought they might of went under. I looked on there website ordered what I needed and it arrived by the time they called me back the next week. This Economy is killing me and I am sure they are not Killing it like they use to and have had to downsize like the rest of us to stay afloat. I am glad they are still around and weathering the storm. Truck has been lifted going on 5 years now and has turfed Glamis and towed 75% of its life. I will continue to recommend Cognito as I have tried and tested there product and it has held up great. I think we all need to just hope this economy gets better. Maybe Trump is the answer. I like his responses.

BiggJim

Reaction score
Man tough croud. I think all he is trying to say is experience tells him that it is most likely not the bushings. Im sure he is going to get it figured out for the original poster

Last edited:

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
if i were you i would be frustrated too. Running lean has nothing to do with this situation with your truck tho. There are just a lot of things that you are not aware of as the consumer, it just isn't your job to be aware of them such as the install or other aftermarket product on the truck that my be part of a problem. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the install either, i simply don't know until i can get OC Diesel on the phone while your truck is there. That's why i am explaining on this forum. Just because you have a problem, doesn't mean it is my product. My salesman Ronnie has been in touch with Noe from OC Diesel to schedule an appointment between me, OC Diesel, and the truck so we can figure out what is wrong. If it is a bushing problem in my product, you better believe i will own up to it, like i said before there just isn't issues with poly bushings in our arm kits like that, so it will be a waist of time to send down new bushings. I think your problem lies somewhere else, and i am going to offer my time to help you out whether its a problem with my product or not. I hope in the end after its fixed, and if it isn't a problem with Cognito product, you will have the courtesy to let people know the result and your level of satisfaction with Cognito.

BTW, i am the tech guy that my sales guys said should be in by 11. They know better than to call me ask me why i am not in before that, especially since i am normally at work till 10 at night or later.

So, hopefully you can schedule an appointment with OC Diesel and we can get you fixed up. I assume it isn't easy for you to leave the truck there for a day, which i can see adds to your frustration.

At this point I just want the truck fixed and over with. If I would have known I was going to go through this fiasco I would have saved my money. All in all if its oc diesels fault or cognitos fault I will still defend oc diesel because of their customer service. They really raised the bar when it came to accommodating me with my problem. They have been very patient understanding with mine and their schedule and dealing with cognito. They were courteous with scheduling me in with short notice the 4 times I have been in and always informative of what they are trying to do to help. They apologized said we will do everything we can to fix this. They have always been available to answer my questions with the utmost professional treatment. They never once gave me a negative reply or comment. Now on the other hand with cognito never one apology for the inconvenience of the matter. This honestly could have been fixed a week ago today if there was some proper communication and not guessing when the boss is going to come in. I work too.. I work 10-12 hr shifts 6 days a week and im damn sure my employees know where and when to contact me. Its not everyday a customer has a problem but when one arises and a associate has a inkling of a problem from a customer it should be escalated and handled by somebody properly trained to handle the problem and to explain what they can do for you. Never once did the associate say "hey mr. Customer I apologize for what is going on let me get your name and number and ill get someone to go more into detail of what's going on and help you find a resolution." Or let's set up a appointment with my boss and oc diesel. Instead of going on a continuous argument that went nowhere. The conversation with the associate at cognito could have went so different and that's what honestly caused me to start this thread. I think im done with this thread regardless of the outcome.

Cognito

Reaction score
When you come on here and say:

We have sold several thousand upper control arm kits, and heard of a squeak complaint about a half dozen times, and each time it has not been the bushings that are squeaking, nor had anything to do with a Cognito product.

Then you later say:

Here is what i have seen before, installer pressed the poly bushings into the arm, but did not press the crush sleeve into the poly bushings, so obviously the arm was sloppy as hell on the bolt. Customer told us he had wrong bushings, we over night shipped new bushings and crush sleeves across the country at our expense. The customer calls the next day and asks what the steel crush sleeves were for because he had them left over from when he did the install the week before. There are instructions included in the kit, but apparently he didnt read them cause he said he had been working on cars all his life. I took that one in the shorts. Do not get me wrong, i am not saying that OC Diesel did anything wrong, especially since we haven't determined what is wrong yet.

You are implying that the shop that installed it messed up 100% of the time. RIGHT????

No, you missed this part
'I have also seen some trucks that the lower arm rubber factory bushings were squeaking a rubber sounding squeak, this can happen weather you install Cognito upper arms or simply do a torsion bar crank. The fix for this is to lift the truck off the ground by the frame so the wheels are hanging down, loosen the lower control arm bolts to let the stock rubber bushings turn and reset, then tighten the bolts again. Squeak was gone.'

Cognito

Reaction score
At this point I just want the truck fixed and over with. If I would have known I was going to go through this fiasco I would have saved my money. All in all if its oc diesels fault or cognitos fault I will still defend oc diesel because of their customer service. They really raised the bar when it came to accommodating me with my problem. They have been very patient understanding with mine and their schedule and dealing with cognito. They were courteous with scheduling me in with short notice the 4 times I have been in and always informative of what they are trying to do to help. They apologized said we will do everything we can to fix this. They have always been available to answer my questions with the utmost professional treatment. They never once gave me a negative reply or comment. Now on the other hand with cognito never one apology for the inconvenience of the matter. This honestly could have been fixed a week ago today if there was some proper communication and not guessing when the boss is going to come in. I work too.. I work 10-12 hr shifts 6 days a week and im damn sure my employees know where and when to contact me. Its not everyday a customer has a problem but when one arises and a associate has a inkling of a problem from a customer it should be escalated and handled by somebody properly trained to handle the problem and to explain what they can do for you. Never once did the associate say "hey mr. Customer I apologize for what is going on let me get your name and number and ill get someone to go more into detail of what's going on and help you find a resolution." Or let's set up a appointment with my boss and oc diesel. Instead of going on a continuous argument that went nowhere. The conversation with the associate at cognito could have went so different and that's what honestly caused me to start this thread. I think im done with this thread regardless of the outcome.

Its great to hear OC Diesel runs things well, that makes me happy to know since we dont have the cash for an outside salesman and visit every one of our dealers.

i dont see how Cognito owe's you an apology yet, just because one person said its our fault and there is no proof yet. I will extend myself for you and say i am sorry you are having a problem with your truck, whether or not it has anything to do with my product. Again, i will own up to it if it is my fault. The latest news is that you have an appointment Monday morning 8am. I have made myself available to OC Diesel by 9am, so hopefully we can get it figured out for you.

i hope you are not done with this thread, especially if it was not my products fault. Thank you

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Its great to hear OC Diesel runs things well, that makes me happy to know since we dont have the cash for an outside salesman and visit every one of our dealers.

i dont see how Cognito owe's you an apology yet, just because one person said its our fault and there is no proof yet. I will extend myself for you and say i am sorry you are having a problem with your truck, whether or not it has anything to do with my product. Again, i will own up to it if it is my fault. The latest news is that you have an appointment Monday morning 8am. I have made myself available to OC Diesel by 9am, so hopefully we can get it figured out for you.

i hope you are not done with this thread, especially if it was not my products fault. Thank you

AYYYYY my head hurts from this.... Are you not reading what I stated? I am not asking for a apology for the product because who knows what the hell is wrong with it I am stating the conversation and atitude I received from the Cognito rep is what sparked this thread, my anger and frustration, I should have never even had a 21 minute arguement from your rep. Never was I offered a appointment from your rep or I dont know Mr. Customer but lets find out what is going on and I'll get a engineer or supervisor to help you. As stated I have and OC diesel has been very patient. I have a appointment on Monday with OC diesel to hopefully get this squared away. I am hoping you are available and not like the Almighy Wizard of OZ and I have to fly to Kansas to find you, if your "expertise" is needed, as it seems you are not to be bothered by your staff and can only be reached by e-mail, the feeling I have is when a question or help is needed nobody will be available and we will get a answering machine and I will have to return a 6th time because nobody is available just like last time 04/07/2011. A direct number would be nice to you DIRECTLY if needed. Thats just a suggestion. But if you were customer service oriented you would have done that already.

Last edited:

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
No, you missed this part
'I have also seen some trucks that the lower arm rubber factory bushings were squeaking a rubber sounding squeak, this can happen weather you install Cognito upper arms or simply do a torsion bar crank. The fix for this is to lift the truck off the ground by the frame so the wheels are hanging down, loosen the lower control arm bolts to let the stock rubber bushings turn and reset, then tighten the bolts again. Squeak was gone.'

OK... So to be clear about this, "It's never Cognitos fault!" Got it. ;):D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
BTW (Big Truck Warehouse) has never been a dealer of Cognito product, has never been set up as dealer by Cognito, nor approved as a dealer by Cognito, and they never bought a single product from Cognito. We would never recommend going to a dealer that isnt ours, so who knows what you got on your truck, and who knows where it came from, and who knows how good of a job they did installing it (I believe they are out of business). If an installation is not done proper, it can ruin the whole job, and unfortunately the product almost always gets the blame.

It was named Built To Work, out of Azuza, and yes, YOUR guy on the phone TOLD ME they were AUTHORIZED by Cognito to install YOUR lift.

Better get your staff on the same page before blowing off everything on everyone else.
And let's say they were not authorized, as you say (being it's 4 years ago)
I would have hoped you or your reps would have pointed me in the direction of a shop in so. cal. you would recommend, that was not the case, simply, "it's sold, it's on you". WEAK SAUCE

The attitude in your posts here to everyone is exactly why I do not recommend your products to anyone. I know a dozen lifted Dmax's running around my department of 10,000 strong specifically without your stuff on it due to my experience alone.

Last edited:

Cognito

Reaction score
AYYYYY my head hurts from this.... Are you not reading what I stated? I am not asking for a apology for the product because who knows what the hell is wrong with it I am stating the conversation and atitude I received from the Cognito rep is what sparked this thread, my anger and frustration, I should have never even had a 21 minute arguement from your rep. Never was I offered a appointment from your rep or I dont know Mr. Customer but lets find out what is going on and I'll get a engineer or supervisor to help you. As stated I have and OC diesel has been very patient. I have a appointment on Monday with OC diesel to hopefully get this squared away. I am hoping you are available and not like the Almighy Wizard of OZ and I have to fly to Kansas to find you, if your "expertise" is needed, as it seems you are not to be bothered by your staff and can only be reached by e-mail, the feeling I have is when a question or help is needed nobody will be available and we will get a answering machine and I will have to return a 6th time because nobody is available just like last time 04/07/2011. A direct number would be nice to you DIRECTLY if needed. Thats just a suggestion. But if you were customer service oriented you would have done that already.

a week ago OC Diesel called and said they couldnt get the squeak to go away. 4 days ago we made an agreement with OC Diesel to get you helped out. Its not really our fault that you couldnt leave the truck there so we could get to it later that day. And i am extending my self to you, as seen on this forum. I can see there is no appreciation of that, but thats ok. We have an appointment Monday morning, i would think you would be happy to hear that, if not then thats ok also, i will still help you out. I dont hand out my cell phone number, sorry.

Cognito

Reaction score
OK... So to be clear about this, "It's never Cognitos fault!" Got it. ;):D

That's not true, i never said that. We have problems often with lots of different things, and as i said i own up to my problems and take care of customers best i can. Murphy's law definately haunts me weekly. But, in all the squeak issues, it has not once been a problem with our arms or polybushings.

Cognito

Reaction score
It was named Built To Work, out of Azuza, and yes, YOUR guy on the phone TOLD ME they were AUTHORIZED by Cognito to install YOUR lift.

Better get your staff on the same page before blowing off everything on everyone else.
And let's say they were not authorized, as you say (being it's 4 years ago)
I would have hoped you or your reps would have pointed me in the direction of a shop in so. cal. you would recommend, that was not the case, simply, "it's sold, it's on you". WEAK SAUCE

The attitude in your posts here to everyone is exactly why I do not recommend your products to anyone. I know a dozen lifted Dmax's running around my department of 10,000 strong specifically without your stuff on it due to my experience alone.

yep same place, some people thought it was big truck warehouse. BTW in Azusa is out of business and its the same place that we would not setup as a dealer. And 4 years ago i was doing sales so i know very well who you are talking about. In fact i met the owner when he came to my shop with Roland from RBP. We never sold a single item to them. 4 years ago, i was the guy on the phone and i never told anyone to go there, especially since i have other 'authorized dealers' in that area.

I am not on here with an attitude. I am an extrememly honest and moral person and run my business the same way. I am on here trying to help a guy feel like his truck will get taken care of, and someone does care. Maybe i am not getting that point across very well but those are my intentions. Sometimes things can get screwed around when there are more than 2 parties involved but they are not all comunication with each other at the same time.

wishiknew

Reaction score
a week ago OC Diesel called and said they couldnt get the squeak to go away. 4 days ago we made an agreement with OC Diesel to get you helped out. Its not really our fault that you couldnt leave the truck there so we could get to it later that day. And i am extending my self to you, as seen on this forum. I can see there is no appreciation of that, but thats ok. We have an appointment Monday morning, i would think you would be happy to hear that, if not then thats ok also, i will still help you out. I dont hand out my cell phone number, sorry.

As a business owner I think if you dont give out your cell # then you should give out Someones cell at your company thats not unwilling to listen to customers !!!! And yes I give my cell out all the time Do I want to NO but its my business And BAD NEWS TRAVELS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT not good news it just gets there when it gets there > IMO

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

Sorry I couldn't "the customer" work around your schedule to be there when your there. Its not like I showed up to oc diesel for the service on friday at 7 at night.... I showed up at 8 o'clock in the morning and left at noon on a Thursday. What times are business's supposed to be open for assistance? I use my truck daily to go back and forth at work its not easy for somebody to leave there vehicle all day especially when it is about a 45 minute drive each way to oc diesel. The main reason I agreed to Monday with oc diesel is because I need this fixed by this week and I can't wait and if I waited until Thursday my only day off during the week I would be cutting it to close if it didn't get fixed on Thursday. So Thursday is my backup if it doesn't get fixed on Monday. I never asked for your cell phone number just a direct line to you at your business. A direct line doesn't mean your cell phone number. But like stated earlier I have the feeling we will be playing phone tag or email back and forth like what occurred on 04/07/2011. I as everyone else on this forum seem to "appreciate" your kind service.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
JP was the owner of BTW, and YES, I GAVE HIM the money, and HE BOUGHT THE LIFT, A 4-6" ADJUSTABLE LIFT, FROM COGNITO. THAT IS A FACT, why would I post this????? (caps intended)

I can take a photo of the lift if you want me to prove I have it?:rolleyes:

Done with the thread, I got the problem solved, no thanks to Cognito, and as posted earlier, I recommend going with another co. for better customer service, looks like nothing's changed in 4 years.

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Reaction score
You are right, but when an installer mess up he works for the shop right. I wont say Billy Bob messed my truck up. I will say Xyz Trucks messed up my truck.

You are only as good as your worst employee. ;)

I just meant that maybe the customer bought and installed the kit himself. I bought a Cognito kit on line and installed it myself. If the "install" is messed up, it's on me, the "installer"?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I just meant that maybe the customer bought and installed the kit himself. I bought a Cognito kit on line and installed it myself. If the "install" is messed up, it's on me, the "installer"?

Well yes that is correct. But in this thread OC diesel installed the lift not the customer.

Cognito

Reaction score
As a business owner I think if you dont give out your cell # then you should give out Someones cell at your company thats not unwilling to listen to customers !!!! And yes I give my cell out all the time Do I want to NO but its my business And BAD NEWS TRAVELS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT not good news it just gets there when it gets there > IMO

we listen to customers all day, and we do everything we can, all day every day. But we also understand that it is impossible to make every single person happy. unfortunatley some situations take longer to handle than others. yes i agree about the bad news good news thing, you hit it right on the nose.

Cognito

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't "the customer" work around your schedule to be there when your there. Its not like I showed up to oc diesel for the service on friday at 7 at night.... I showed up at 8 o'clock in the morning and left at noon on a Thursday. What times are business's supposed to be open for assistance? I use my truck daily to go back and forth at work its not easy for somebody to leave there vehicle all day especially when it is about a 45 minute drive each way to oc diesel. The main reason I agreed to Monday with oc diesel is because I need this fixed by this week and I can't wait and if I waited until Thursday my only day off during the week I would be cutting it to close if it didn't get fixed on Thursday. So Thursday is my backup if it doesn't get fixed on Monday. I never asked for your cell phone number just a direct line to you at your business. A direct line doesn't mean your cell phone number. But like stated earlier I have the feeling we will be playing phone tag or email back and forth like what occurred on 04/07/2011. I as everyone else on this forum seem to "appreciate" your kind service.:rolleyes:

your frustrations and being inconvenienced are understandable. Sorry you had to go through it. it frustrates us at Cognito also, when it rains it pours over here, it seems we go through long periods with no problems and then they all come at the same time, which makes it tough for us to handle all of them as quickly as possible. hopefully you will be happy with my service after today. thanks

Cognito

Reaction score
JP was the owner of BTW, and YES, I GAVE HIM the money, and HE BOUGHT THE LIFT, A 4-6" ADJUSTABLE LIFT, FROM COGNITO. THAT IS A FACT, why would I post this????? (caps intended)

I can take a photo of the lift if you want me to prove I have it?:rolleyes:

Done with the thread, I got the problem solved, no thanks to Cognito, and as posted earlier, I recommend going with another co. for better customer service, looks like nothing's changed in 4 years.

My point is, JP at BTW did not buy it from Cognito. If he told you he bought it from us, he misled you. You may have given him your money, and he may have got a hold of my product, but it wasnt through me, nor have we recommended customers to go there. after doing some research, it looks as if he purchased through Outlaw Offroad in Irvine, CA. If you called me looking for an authorized dealer and installer, i would send you to Outlaw Offroad, not their competiton. I am sorry you had some problems, but BTW was not an authorized installer or retailer.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
So here is the final outcome of this situation. It turned out to be a faulty bushing in the Cognito upper control arm. Cognito sent the replacement bushing over night to OC Diesel and started to reinstall and align this afternoon. Tomorrow I will pick up my truck and hope everything is good to go. I really want to thank Noe at OC Diesel for all he has done during this period. His company has really gone above and beyond to get this fixed. They were very patient and informative during the whole time. I highly recommend OC Diesel top notch service in my book. I really don't have much to say about cognito as I am exhausted from this whole ordeal. They did throw in a pitman and idler arm kit for my troubles.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Good to hear the issue has been resolved. Those supports will extend the life of the pitman and idler. Got new pitman and idler sitting in my truck thought they had worn out. Still nice and tight no play just needed to rotate my tires and all is good.

wishiknew

Reaction score
On To The Next Drama !!!! :skull:party2:

Last edited:

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
So here is the final outcome of this situation. It turned out to be a faulty bushing in the Cognito upper control arm. Cognito sent the replacement bushing over night to OC Diesel and started to reinstall and align this afternoon. Tomorrow I will pick up my truck and hope everything is good to go. I really want to thank Noe at OC Diesel for all he has done during this period. His company has really gone above and beyond to get this fixed. They were very patient and informative during the whole time. I highly recommend OC Diesel top notch service in my book. I really don't have much to say about cognito as I am exhausted from this whole ordeal. They did throw in a pitman and idler arm kit for my troubles.

Nice. Enjoy your truck now.:D

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

I have been considering the Cognito leveling kit for a '09 2500, they seem to be the only game when you compare the engineering. Let us know if your satisfied as far as the end result. I have watched this thread from the beginning and realize you had some major frustration.

Cognito

Reaction score

Monday morn i worked with the guys at OC Diesel over the phone to diagnose the problem. They narrowed it down to only the driver side of the truck. i had them un bolt the ball joint from the upper control arm and pivot it while watching the bushings, they went ahead and did this on both sides of the truck. there are 4 polybushings per arm, one polybushing was not pivoting with the a-arm on the driver side, and that was the culprit. I had them ship me the bushing to inspect and i cant find anything wrong with it. Anyway, after they replaced it, they said squeak was gone so good news!
I am sorry about your trouble and want you to know this isnt a normal occurence with Cognito. I can honestly say this is the first time we have had to deal with a problem of this nature. I sat down this morn with my sales team and went over what happened so they are now trained on this situation in case it happens again. I believe we were a bit confused a couple weeks ago because we were told the squeak was coming from both sides of the truck, in this situation it is normally a different problem going on.
i joined this site to try and help you feel like we are here to help you, even though we didnt manage to do it in a timely manner, sorry about that. I am concentrating on being the best i can be, being honest, and stating facts, but i guess i am leaving myself open for interpretation, it is really hard to show emotion and sincerity through a keyboard.
I hope you enjoy your truck now, cheers!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nice to hear it got resolved. :thumbsup

I'll add one more thing I know from personal experience, that guy at BTW in Azusa was a fulla chit as they get, and was a total jack azz.

I did business with him ONE time. That was enough for me. He deserves to be outa business. Karma is a wonderful thing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Monday morn i worked with the guys at OC Diesel over the phone to diagnose the problem. They narrowed it down to only the driver side of the truck. i had them un bolt the ball joint from the upper control arm and pivot it while watching the bushings, they went ahead and did this on both sides of the truck. there are 4 polybushings per arm, one polybushing was not pivoting with the a-arm on the driver side, and that was the culprit. I had them ship me the bushing to inspect and i cant find anything wrong with it. Anyway, after they replaced it, they said squeak was gone so good news!
I am sorry about your trouble and want you to know this isnt a normal occurence with Cognito. I can honestly say this is the first time we have had to deal with a problem of this nature. I sat down this morn with my sales team and went over what happened so they are now trained on this situation in case it happens again. I believe we were a bit confused a couple weeks ago because we were told the squeak was coming from both sides of the truck, in this situation it is normally a different problem going on.
i joined this site to try and help you feel like we are here to help you, even though we didnt manage to do it in a timely manner, sorry about that. I am concentrating on being the best i can be, being honest, and stating facts, but i guess i am leaving myself open for interpretation, it is really hard to show emotion and sincerity through a keyboard.

After reading the whole thread, I felt you conducted yourself professionally, and answered everything as best you could. Sometimes forums are "sour" and this thread is fairly sour in nature.. Stick around, I'm sure things will lighten up for ya, as you become part of the community. In short while this particular thread is sour, it's an opportunity in disguise.. ;)

RD

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score

Mission accomplished... :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I have had the Cognito leveling kit and steering stabilizers on my 05 Dmax for almost 6 years, and other than the upper piviot nuts losing their 100ft/lb torque and screwing up my alignment, they have performed flawlessly. I was glad to read the response by Cognito here on the board and will continue to recommend thier products.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
So I know dave is pretty hot with the pistol right now but i thought i would give a update as to how my truck is.... I know Dave doesnt like anyone bashing on manufacturers but like he said the other day he felt like taking his teryx out to the desert and shooting it... Well i feel like doing the same to this suspension. So the squeek is back. Started last week while at DS. So almost a year to the date this started the bushings are squeeking again. I would hope bushings last more than a year, as my stock ones were replaced after three years with no problems. So here i am again with a truck that sounds like someones getting some booty on a matress rolling down the street.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Actually I said I was in my teryx on my way to go shooting.. Not shooting the teryx. Lol

RD

GET SOME

Reaction score
I have had my cogito lift on my truck for 7 years with zero problems . I have also called there tech department and answered questions in a very professional manner. When you modify any vehicle over stock there are going to be small issues just the way of life.. If you don't want issues leave it stock. It is the price to pay.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I have had my cogito lift on my truck for 7 years with zero problems . I have also called there tech department and answered questions in a very professional manner. When you modify any vehicle over stock there are going to be small issues just the way of life.. If you don't want issues leave it stock. It is the price to pay.

That is a bunch of BS. They should be able to get this handled. I had a CST, RCD and a Pro comp before on 3 different trucks and they didn't have these problems over and over.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
So I know dave is pretty hot with the pistol right now but i thought i would give a update as to how my truck is.... I know Dave doesnt like anyone bashing on manufacturers but like he said the other day he felt like taking his teryx out to the desert and shooting it... Well i feel like doing the same to this suspension. So the squeek is back. Started last week while at DS. So almost a year to the date this started the bushings are squeeking again. I would hope bushings last more than a year, as my stock ones were replaced after three years with no problems. So here i am again with a truck that sounds like someones getting some booty on a matress rolling down the street.

Do you upper control arms have the Uni-Ball joints? I have a CST lift with 125,000 miles on it. At around 100,000 I got a bad squeek when turning. The ball joints in the arms went bad. Went to Casey at Socal Supertrucks and they replaced the ball joints and all is good. Something to watch for is soaking them with water when washing the truck. There is a graphite spray lubricant to use on them that does not let any dirt stick to them as well.

toon

Reaction score
Have you tried hitting the uca zerks with some grease. There should be two that will grease those bushings. Might be worth a try.

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Ultra I hope this gets sorted out for you. My experience with Cognito was exactly the opposite. When I bought their LT kit for my Teryx I spoke to their rep 4-6 times before pulling the trigger, then, when installing the kit I broke an unrelated Kawasaki part due to my own stupidity.
They went out of there way ( a long way out of their way) to help me source a piece to repair it. Good guys, IMHO.

By the way, the poly bushings I installed on the front leaf springs on my F-350 don't squeak after 8 years. I lubed them with never-seize before installing them and they are silent.
Same way I set up the bushings in the Teryx A-Arms...and they are silent too.
Hope it works out.

Warlock1

Reaction score

So what stopped the squeek the first time?

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
So what stopped the squeek the first time?

You gotta read the whole thread but long story short it was a faulty bushing from cognito that was not traveling with the rest of the suspension.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You gotta read the whole thread but long story short it was a faulty bushing from cognito that was not traveling with the rest of the suspension.

I said this before, and its worth repeating...

Those guys at that place were total a-holes. I saw a couple trucks being worked on there, and they looked like total hack jobs. The lies they spewed were ridiculus. If I didnt turn wrenches for a living, i woulda prolly just said "ok, ok".

Take your truck to someone like Louie at Custom Truck Shop in San Dimas. And let him spend some time working with it. Knowing what I know about that (now closed) place in Azusa, Id guess the install is the problem.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you. :thumbsup

Cognito

Reaction score
.... So the squeek is back. Started last week while at DS. So almost a year to the date this started the bushings are squeeking again. I would hope bushings last more than a year, as my stock ones were replaced after three years with no problems. So here i am again with a truck that sounds like someones getting some booty on a matress rolling down the street.

If you feel it is the same squeek, and you are going back to OC Diesel to have them look, give me a heads up or have Noe from OCD call and give me a heads up a day before so i can be available by phone to help him diagnose. Hopefully that makes things easier for you. If i have any luck, it will be something else squeeking rather than anything to do with Cognito LOL