WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Closest Call....

Lumpy

Reaction score
Rolled into the Landing last night...almost ended up in a head on collision. Came around a turn doing 50mph towing my 270 and literally ended up in the dirt to avoid some ass hole passing on a blind turn. This is the second time with a head on close call in two years....WTF is the matter with people? Cant believe nothing came apart.

DLC

Reaction score
Need frt and rear cameras now days !

Hopefully that would get a lic plate-#

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
People can’t drive anymore. I almost wrecked 3 times while driving and almost got run over twice in the parking lot doing my post office run last night … 1/2 mile from the house

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Gnarly wreck on the 40 little east of Yucca yesterday. 3 semis & 2 passenger vehicles. Small sedan crushed badly but looked like intact passenger compartment. Full size truck(unrecognizable make) crushed majorly into a ball the size of the small sedan. That didn't look very favorable 😬😱🥹.
All 3 semis off right shoulder jackknifed but upright.
1.5 hrs of sitting at a complete stop idling in 108°, not agood place for a BOC(battery operated car).
The extra 15 minute Hobby Lobby stop my wife needed on the way out of town is a thankful afterthought.

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My neighborhood is plumb full of tomato and grape trucks right now. Not only huge numbers of first time class A drivers but 16' wide bridges, narrrow winding roads, lots of people with questionable legal status and probably no license. Now mix in a bunch of locals that either drive 70 or 45, nothing in-between. Then idiots taking the scenic route from the ghetto bay area.

Oh, also throw in the roads are literally crumbling with age and not being built for the heavy harvest loads.

I get it.....

samsah33

Reaction score
Trying to pass on Rice Road (I know, that's my first mistake...!). There were 2 trailers in the lead with 2 cars following; I figured it must be a caravan since the whole pack was doing about 60 and the opposing lane was free and clear and straight for a long time and nobody is passing. After a while, I put on my signal, accelerate and start to pass the last car, and the last car suddenly decides he wants to pass right about the time I hit his blind spot in the opposing lane! I swerved left and wound up on the shoulder of the opposing lane doing fishtails @ 75mph in my Tahoe thinking I'm gonna flip. I grew up driving in the snow so I instinctively lifted both feet and was able to coast out of it and regain control. That's about as close as it's gotten for me...!

2Driver

Reaction score
What kinda dash cam is this? does it record speeds etc as well?

RD

Its a thinkware F70 It uses a Sony image sensor. They have several models all can record speed as well as impact when parked.

It saves files in 1 minute increments named by date and time. It does a rolling save, meaning when the card is full it starts overwriting the oldest file. If you have a big card it will go hours.

If it senses impact or you hit the manual record button it grabs 10 seconds back for the start point of the file. So if you see something and hit the manual save button it will grab it from10 seconds ago moving forward 1 minute. all impact or manual files are saved in a separate folder that wont get over written. You can view the files wirelessly on their phone app.

The F70 takes their optional gps puck I think other models may have it built in

Last edited:

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Rolled into the Landing last night...almost ended up in a head on collision. Came around a turn doing 50mph towing my 270 and literally ended up in the dirt to avoid some ass hole passing on a blind turn. This is the second time with a head on close call in two years....WTF is the matter with people? Cant believe nothing came apart.
Was this on 17 mile rd or Hwy 95?

Lumpy

Reaction score
Was this on 17 mile rd or Hwy 95?
It was the 95…about 10 miles past Billy B’s. Small car passing a couple semi’s flashing it’s lights at me like I’m not supposed to be there. Happened about 9:30pm Tuesday night.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I almost had a head-on on Rice, between Vidal and Parker in the hilly section. I was heading to Parker and it was daylight out.

Cresting a hill and a semi is in the other lane as he should be, and this jackass was passing on a double yellow, and right before the top of the hill, I had to dive to the shoulder and he went between me and the semi.

Thankfully I wasn’t towing. But I didn’t have a dash cam or I could have sent that footage to the CHP. People like that shouldn’t be allowed to have a license.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You gotta keep alert and really just can't speed anymore than 10mph over the limit. Cars have become more safer so people, the drivers, don't have to be. Add in that you can easily be going 90mph when it feels like 65mph doesn't help either. What pisses me off is when someone does something stupid and think a sorry wave fixes their stupid decision.

cofooter

Reaction score
It was the 95…about 10 miles past Billy B’s. Small car passing a couple semi’s flashing it’s lights at me like I’m not supposed to be there. Happened about 9:30pm Tuesday night.
Glad you are OK, scary shit! That a bad stretch with the curves and the parade of semis creeping up the hill!!!

Lumpy

Reaction score
Glad you are OK, scary shit! That a bad stretch with the curves and the parade of semis creeping up the hill!!!
Thank you sir. Yup, definitely a bad stretch…last year I watched a semi traveling around the same spot pass another semi on a double yellow in the same direction…I just slowed almost to a stop waiting for a yard sale. Crazy how people risk their own life and others for a couple minutes. Really pisses me off…I was almost killed in a head on collision back in the late 90’s…my shoulder and neck remind me of it daily.

cofooter

Reaction score
Thank you sir. Yup, definitely a bad stretch…last year I watched a semi traveling around the same spot pass another semi on a double yellow in the same direction…I just slowed almost to a stop waiting for a yard sale. Crazy how people risk their own life and others for a couple minutes. Really pisses me off…I was almost killed in a head on collision back in the late 90’s…my shoulder and neck remind me of it daily.
Yep, rather deal with Havasu traffic going to Parker!!