WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cigar Aficionados??

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We're surprising my Dad with a 60th birthday party in June.

I'm not a cigar person at all. My Dad really enjoys them.

I'm going to do a cigar bar setup. I need to purchase around 60-80 decent cigars so the group can pick and choose whatever flavor they fancy.

Any good websites you guys use. I'm not looking to break the bank. Just a good selection of decent cigars.

Reaction score
We're surprising my Dad with a 60th birthday party in June.

I'm not a cigar person at all. My Dad really enjoys them.

I'm going to do a cigar bar setup. I need to purchase around 60-80 decent cigars so the group can pick and choose whatever flavor they fancy.

Any good websites you guys use. I'm not looking to break the bank. Just a good selection of decent cigars.

Hey Arch,

Not sure where you live I deal with Dave's gifts and tobacco in rancho cucamonga, they do have a web site, Ben Carson would suggest Padron's for those who know cigars! They have cost effective to very expensive offerings either way you will not get a bad cigar, for those who may like a very mild cigar or flavored cigars the staff can help you.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hey Arch,

Not sure where you live I deal with Dave's gifts and tobacco in rancho cucamonga, they do have a web site, Ben Carson would suggest Padron's for those who know cigars! They have cost effective to very expensive offerings either way you will not get a bad cigar, for those who may like a very mild cigar or flavored cigars the staff can help you.

I'm in the I.E. so Rancho works well. I'll check them out.

Is that a Schiada in your Avitar? That boat needs it's own thread if it hasn't been posted before :thumbsup

Aaron

Reaction score
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars-online/

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/
Anyone of these places would be good. I agree with a sampler or a couple of boxes
Pardons are good, CAO gold is a very mild cigar, good for first time smoker. Romeo and Juliet are good and won't break the bank.
Good luck, should be a fun time.
If you want to try one out, David's gifts is a great place. On Tuesdays they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal and most of the cigars are great quality

530RL

Reaction score
I buy from Thompson. If the majority of people are not regular cigar smokers buy a mild cigar, light wrapper. Like an AVO.

Although expensive, an AVO Pyramid or a number three are mild quality cigars.

Typically, mail order avoids the state taxes both sales and sin. Not sure about CA but it does in AZ.

Thompson will have a sample pack of mild.

If you dad likes cigars, you might consider a Madura wrapped heavier cigar. You could get him a 4 pack of the real good stuff. Expensive but really good is a Winston Churchill Blenheim or Charwell.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I went to this over the top wedding at the Bel Air hotel a few years back, at the reception they had a cigar bar set up with a couple of girls hand rolling the cigars. I'm no cigar aficionado but it was a damn fine smoke and the presentation will never be forgotten. I would look into something like that for sure, never know it might be quite reasonable :thumbup:

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score
X2 on "Thompsons" and " Cigars International" been using them for years, best prices on fine cigars. I have always avoided the mom and pop, cigar bar type shops because I'm not into getting ass raped but they might come in handy if you need to pick their brain.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I went to this over the top wedding at the Bel Air hotel a few years back, at the reception they had a cigar bar set up with a couple of girls hand rolling the cigars. I'm no cigar aficionado but it was a damn fine smoke and the presentation will never be forgotten. I would look into something like that for sure, never know it might be quite reasonable :thumbup:

I like it. Great idea :thumbup:

The budget is shot to hell already so the girls hand rolling will have to be on the next one.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've never had a bad Arturo Fuente. There are hundreds of good smokes out there but they seem to be as consistent as it gets. Rocky Patel's are the hot thing these days.

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score
Hey Arch,

I agree on Davids Gift and tabacco, across from The Hat. Well maintained, good selection.
I order from JR Cigars online.

PVHCA

Reaction score
The place at the Victoria Gardens in Rancho does a deal on Wednesday nights, buy 2 get the 3rd free, call and check, they will probably hook you up on a large purchase.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I too buy mine online from Cigars International.

Of the 100's that I have had, I only had one bad one...

That reminds me, I need to place another order.... Humidor is getting low.... :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ya light the whole thing at smoke it as one:

100_7359.JPG

koenig

Reaction score
Good smoke shop should be able to help you out. Advantage of being in Canada, we have Cubans available and that's all I'll smoke. So can't recommend something you cant get!!!!! Cuban art is legal in the U.S. The cigar boxes are considered art and are often sold on EBay. Sometimes sellers sell boxes still full. Just an FYI if people are interested in getting Cubans.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
^^ lots of places sell" island specials" in the US. Cubans aren't all that tough to get, but when they go for $20/stick I'll pass.

koenig

Reaction score
^^ lots of places sell" island specials" in the US. Cubans aren't all that tough to get, but when they go for $20/stick I'll pass.

Only slightly better priced here. Local smoke shop gets a lot of Americans being 10minutes away from the border. So the prices are a little higher.

Brother lived in Cuba, visited him. Paying $7 a box for most cigars. Brother still has friends in Cuba and pays about $40 a box on most brands. Including shipping from Toronto.