WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Christmas light display to music like the Miller commercial

Magic34

Reaction score
I have decided that I am going all out next year to be as loud as possible.

Has anyone seent that Miller Lite commercial where the house is done up with lights and they have that rockin Christmas song? The lights are in sync with the music. That's how I want to do it next year. Figure I may find some deals now on stuff to use.

Anyone know what I need to do a set up like that? I dont want a million lights, just the stuff I can sync with the music.

Thanks!

Magic34

Reaction score
THis is the new one.

[video=youtube;tePxuEeF5DE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tePxuEeF5DE[/video]

XtrmWakeborder

Bean Counter
Reaction score
I'd watch HGTV. They have a ton of people doing the lights to music thing these days. It looks pretty damn complicated. One lady had a low voltage LED one that was really sick, and the increase in electricity was only about as much as running a hair dryer. A lot of upfront cost, but I bet she was happy when the electric bill came.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Has anyone seent that Miller Lite commercial where the house is done up with lights and they have that rockin Christmas song? The lights are in sync with the music. That's how I want to do it next year. Figure I may find some deals now on stuff to use.

Anyone know what I need to do a set up like that? I dont want a million lights, just the stuff I can sync with the music.

Thanks!

BALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
________
Mercedes-benz 400

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
that sounds like it would be pretty cool. (Djunkie sure has some hairy knuckles......)

I had a hairy sack too until I shaved it. Since you stalk me you probably know that already though. :lmao:lmao
________
[video=youtube;wmixODIvAtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmixODIvAtM[/video]

Last edited:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score

Thanks!
Here is the computer hardware and software to control the lights

http://www.lightorama.com/

Here is the FM transmitter you need to broadcast the music

http://www.christmaslightshow.com/xcart/home.php?cat=1

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jesus you got too much time and money on your hands Magic34... LOL

RD :D

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Two years ago one neighbor across the street did his house like that. This year two more neighbors next door to him did it so all 3 houses are linked. He wants me to set up the wireless deal on my house so I can do it to. I am the grinch house. A show plays every 5 minutes for 15 minutes. We have a ton of traffic out here now since it has been in the paper.

Long story short I can't get in and out of my driveway and people are rude. The other night UPS came to my house to deliver packages. He blocked to view to the show so the guy starts honking and yelling at UPS that he is blocking the show. People honk at each other all the time. Last night we came home and two cars were blocking the driveway. We stopped in the middle of the street with our blinker on to get in our driveway. Nobody would move. I had to get out of the car. My neighbor saw this and told me next time to call him ahead of time so he can clear a path to my driveway before I get there.

Tonight Santa will be here and the FD is bringing out a truck. Should be a mad house. If anyone is in the Yucaipa area you should check it out and come block my driveway. ;)

Merry Fucking Christmas. :D

mbrown2

Reaction score
Two years ago one neighbor across the street did his house like that. This year two more neighbors next door to him did it so all 3 houses are linked. He wants me to set up the wireless deal on my house so I can do it to. I am the grinch house. A show plays every 5 minutes for 15 minutes. We have a ton of traffic out here now since it has been in the paper.

Long story short I can't get in and out of my driveway and people are rude. The other night UPS came to my house to deliver packages. He blocked to view to the show so the guy starts honking and yelling at UPS that he is blocking the show. People honk at each other all the time. Last night we came home and two cars were blocking the driveway. We stopped in the middle of the street with our blinker on to get in our driveway. Nobody would move. I had to get out of the car. My neighbor saw this and told me next time to call him ahead of time so he can clear a path to my driveway before I get there.

Tonight Santa will be here and the FD is bringing out a truck. Should be a mad house. If anyone is in the Yucaipa area you should check it out and come block my driveway. ;)

Merry Fucking Christmas. :D

Bah Hum Bug.....25000 Lights Rusty...

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Bah Hum Bug.....25000 Lights Rusty...

I am pretty sure if you go to google maps you can pick out his house. ;)

I will take a pic of all the extension cords tomorrow and post them. It's crazy. He came over and hung a lighted wreath on my house. lol.

:)

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
There is a fire going on in his driveway now and a bunch of people are out there. I guess we better make a guest appearance.

Magic34

Reaction score
I am in a gated community. Other than the fellow neighbors, traffic wont be from outside the gates unless invited in. I wouldn't do this if I was in an accessible neighborhood for the exact reasons Matt listed as well as some personal security issues.

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
I am in a gated community. Other than the fellow neighbors, traffic wont be from outside the gates unless invited in. I wouldn't do this if I was in an accessible neighborhood for the exact reasons Matt listed as well as some personal security issues.

I call my neighbor before I get home to clear access to my driveway.

Here are their houses.

[video=youtube;LuFN26C5tik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFN26C5tik[/video]

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
There is a fire going on in his driveway now and a bunch of people are out there. I guess we better make a guest appearance.

Here is a clip from that night.

[video=youtube;taY7K1563M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taY7K1563M8[/video]

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
One time blocking my driveway after a long day at work and I've have some Christmas cheer for everybody.

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
One time blocking my driveway after a long day at work and I've have some Christmas cheer for everybody.

Not being able to get in or out of your driveway does get a little old. Jen made me call ahead last night when we came home so I didn't have to deal with it. :)