WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chipotle*** No cash accepted ???

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That doesn't matter at all to MCd's

The kiosk doesn't call in sick, require health insurance, demand raises, go on strike......

The movie theatre used to have 6 kids working the counters, now its three - the candy is on a rack like the store, they hand you a an empty cup and point at the machine behind you its cheaper to allow you unlimited refills than to hire someone to pour on demand.

Bigger companies now demand you become part of their " order entry system" replacing their order entry poeple with your labor to enter parts on a system.

Mandatory training, a whole new set of passwords, and compliance - yeah no thanks.

IBM tried to pull that crap with us when they bought a smaller company we did a lot of business with. It dint work out like they thought it would.

That is the goal, it’s not supposed to be faster. At McDonald’s the goal is for you to use the app on your phone, not the kiosk. They know the kiosk is inefficient, but it is cheaper.

Reactions: DWC

badgas

Reaction score
NEVER and I mean NEVER use a debit card at a gas pump. The number one place they get your info.
Never ever enter a pin to purchase when using a debit card anywhere.
Use the chip and it is has the same security as a CC

badgas

Reaction score
let's not skip the part where people are eating Chipotle or Mcdonalds : )

How the hell can yall still eat McD's ?

Chipotle is always cold and tastes like nothng but salt. It's like eating cold mexican leftovers or cold mexican food that someone found dumpster diving 🤮

RVRKID

Reaction score
In the 80's when I worked in retail cash registers "made" change for you. When did that stop ?

If tou are saying that kids can't "count" change then we have much bigger issues
Might be the Common Core Math crap, Geezus what a bitch to try and help my 6th grader, I can usually get the answer just have no clue how to write it all out..

Attachments

• Common Core Math.jpg
    Common Core Math.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 44

JFMFG

Reaction score
let's not skip the part where people are eating Chipotle or Mcdonalds : )

How the hell can yall still eat McD's ?

Chipotle is always cold and tastes like nothng but salt. It's like eating cold mexican leftovers or cold mexican food that someone found dumpster diving 🤮
Doesn’t McDonald’s own chipotle?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have all of my CC's loaded into my wallet app on my phone. It's fast and easy.. Why is a plastic credit card or debit card so much better than digital? I have had my Debit Card info stolen multiple times when getting gas, thieves put card readers on the gas pumps then steal your info. Then the bank calls, then they issue you a new card, then you wait for the new card. Then you have to go over all of your Payee's that you assigned that card to and change it to the new card. It's old technology. I try to keep cash in my wallet just for tipping food servers, that's it. Everything else comes from my phone's wallet app. Boarding pass-phone, Geico proof of insurance-phone, US parks pass-phone, Amex-phone etc... I really need a Ridge wallet and get rid of my big leather wallet, it's time. You know what's a big pain in the ass? Constantly going to ATMs to pull cash out.
Sounds like you best never lose your phone or accidentally drop it in the lake😳

530RL

Reaction score
Doesn’t McDonald’s own chipotle?
McDonalds sold the 90% they owned in 2005.

Sold their interest in Boston Market back then too.

Wanted to focus on their core brand.

Heylam

Reaction score
Bunch of cranky dinosaurs. Times change, either keep up or get left behind. That’s the reality, like it or not.

Reactions: C-2

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I thought this too. I even remember learning and reading this in school. All commerce in the United States will be conducted with legal tender from the Federal Reserve. You could go to jail if you stopped taking the US dollar in it's original form. I'll have to read up on this. What do you do if businesses start taking only one kind of card, down to name and type? What do you do when the Credit Card company won't let you spend your own money until you pay off more on your balance? Say what you want, this is all about control of your money. Lets fix the problems instead of destroying the dollar.
I didn’t think a credit card was your own money. It’s credit. And they already only let you spend up to your limit and if you want to spend more you need to pay the balance down (or convince them to raise your limit).

Every time I have gotten a letter from a cc company that says I have been a good customer, here’s your credit limit increase, I call them up and tell them I decline the limit increase and if I was such a good customer why don’t you lower my APR. Crickets after that.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Sounds like you best never lose your phone or accidentally drop it in the lake😳

Im way more paranoid about losing my wallet than my phone. I would simply use “Find my IPhone” on my computer or watch to locate my lost phone. But I always lug around plastic just in case. I think the answer for me would be a ridge minimalist wallet with money clip and AirTag attachment.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So yesterday I needed two batteries for my toy hauler. Went to the golf cart repair shop close to me, and they had two good used ones laying there.

How much?

-Fifty bucks cash.

I don't have that much cash on me. How about if I give you sixty on a CC?

-Do you have Zelle?

Sure do!

Done deal. 👍🏼

20221228_135111.jpg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Just got my garage door repaired, guy sent me sent him payment by Venmo… boom….. He got paid immediately, didn’t have to go to the bank. No bs.. I also use Zelle.

If you’re in TO, Simi, SFV and need a garage door guy. Look no further thank Paradise garage door. Honest and reliable people.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Just got my garage door repaired, guy sent me sent him payment by Venmo… boom….. He got paid immediately, didn’t have to go to the bank. No bs.. I also use Zelle.

If you’re in TO, Simi, SFV and need a garage door guy. Look no further thank Paradise garage door. Honest and reliable people.

I do a lot of Zelle and Venmo transactions. It’s super easy and quick. 👍

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
NEVER and I mean NEVER use a debit card at a gas pump. The number one place they get your info.
What info do they get? Just your card number which is easily replaced if compromised. Your card info debit or credit can get compromised anywhere you use it. If something happens call your bank and file a claim. You will get your money back. Now writing a check is more risky than anything as if that gets compromised that has your routing and account number. Which is tied to direct deposits and ach payments. So technically you would have to change all that info to a new account.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Let’s not forget that most of the people at the drive thru window cannot count out the change properly anyhow even if it is displayed on the register. :(
Holy christ. Horneys bar. Swinney switch texas. The only reason it is a town is because somebody put up a stop sign. Bartender asks if anybody has change for a 20. I give her a ten and two fives. She starts screaming at me that I am trying to rip her off. Apparently, change for a 20 is two tens, four fives, or anything other then math and shit. Ten years ago, and the woman had to be in her mid forties. Like Ron White says, you cant fix stupid.

bonesfab

Reaction score
What info do they get? Just your card number which is easily replaced if compromised. Your card info debit or credit can get compromised anywhere you use it. If something happens call your bank and file a claim. You will get your money back. Now writing a check is more risky than anything as if that gets compromised that has your routing and account number. Which is tied to direct deposits and ach payments. So technically you would have to change all that info to a new account.
Debit card is your money out of your account. Credit card is the banks money. Getting your money back is harder.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Direct access to the money in your checking account.

Very different than CC funds.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Exactly.
Number one rule, no debit at gas pump.
CC only.
I use my debit card a lot, but would never dream of using it at a gas station.

Just tap your chip instead of sliding your card. Set your account up to notify you anytime there’s a sale. Easy shit

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just tap your chip instead of sliding your card. Set your account up to notify you anytime there’s a sale. Easy shit
Chips are definitely better!
My debit card does ring my phone with every transaction. 👍
All my CC are also chip cards.
Still, a debit card is a direct link to a positive money account.
A CC is a direct link to a debt account, with safeguards.

Chip or not it’s very bad practice to use a debit card at gas pumps.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Debit card is your money out of your account. Credit card is the banks money. Getting your money back is harder.
Why is it harder to get your money back? Banks have a fraud divisions for debit and credit cards. You call either depending on your card you use and the money is back in your account.
Direct access to the money in your checking account.

Very different than CC funds.
So you mentioned you use Zelle. That’s also a direct way that accesses your checking account. Try getting your money back if you Zelle someone for those batteries and they don’t work. Call your bank you would be surprised.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Why is it harder to get your money back? Banks have a fraud divisions for debit and credit cards. You call either depending on your card you use and the money is back in your account.

So you mentioned you use Zelle. That’s also a direct way that accesses your checking account. Try getting your money back if you Zelle someone for those batteries and they don’t work. Call your bank you would be surprised.
Just like any financial institutions they want your money. If someone cleans out your account through a debit card, you better have some cash on hand or another credit card on hand. I have never heard of a bank expediting returning someones money. They will eventually but at their convenience.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So are strippers going to start taking Venmo?
Asking for a friend.

The guy selling tomales in the food for less parking lot, has been for years.
Is he taking Zelle?

I know this pic isn’t super clear but feel free to read your own, while you still can😉
7411B289-C055-404F-9D2F-35BE5DADECB4.png

All debts, public and private.

A bunch of you guys sound just fine with going all Frank Holbert (go public) and giving up an avenue of private transaction.

I’m sort of surprised actually

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You can NEVER get your money back if you use Zelle. Once you send it, it's gone!

P. S. I never heard of those batteries before. Looked em up today.

375.00 each!!! 😱

Clearly Mr. Golf cart repair guy, had no idea what he had! 😁

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
So are strippers going to start taking Venmo?
Asking for a friend.

The guy selling tomales in the food for less parking lot, has been for years.
Is he taking Zelle?

I know this pic isn’t super clear but feel free to read your own, while you still can😉
View attachment 1184576

All debts, public and private.

A bunch of you guys sound just fine with going all Frank Holbert (go public) and giving up an avenue of private transaction.

I’m sort of surprised actually
I wonder if you walked into Chipotle, ate your meal, offered them cash and if they refused it, just walk out saying thank you.🤔

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I wonder if you walked into Chipotle, ate your meal, offered them cash and if they refused it, just walk out saying thank you.🤔
they make you pay first I think?
Been quite a while since I ate at one.
I guess I won’t miss it any

wzuber

Reaction score
No like if there wrap sheet is more than one page long they get a dirt nap on the spot. enough is enough. Lashawn with his 64 arrest is not going to become a productive member of society all the sudden. Plus all of his offspring we are paying for?? It has to end somewhere.
Are you busy in the next couple of years?
Would you be interested in being President of this lost country?

badgas

Reaction score
Exactly.
Number one rule, no debit at gas pump.
CC only.
I use my debit card a lot, but would never dream of using it at a gas station.
If you use the the chip it offers the exact same proteciton as a CC.

like @bonesfab said the $$ does come out of your account so will take a little longer to get back but you will get it. Visa is Visa weather it's Debit or Credit as long as you use the chip. If you use the pin to purchase you step outside of The Visa or Mastercard protection.

badgas

Reaction score
McDonalds sold the 90% they owned in 2005.

Sold their interest in Boston Market back then too.

Wanted to focus on their core brand.

Their core brand is selling used diapers and calling it food.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Last time we ate at Chipotle was a few years ago and it was not bad, has it really gotten that bad now a days? After seeing a bunch of commercials lately we had a craving to try again but not if we are going to explode on the way home :eek:

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I'm cracking up at comments like I don't have time to go to the ATM or bank. I don't like loose change. And whatever other reason s out the to go plastic or phone wallet.
Many banks have and will take their sweet time to replace your stolen funds. F that. Time, we have time to run to an airport for av gas,time to get race fuel and even time for the mountains to turn blue . Oh yes, time to just call the bank file a claim and get your money back. Hell no, cash until the nwo absolutely bans it's use.

boatpi

Reaction score
Just EBT and Newsom cards accepted please…

bentprops

Reaction score
Once they go cash less, say good bye to your guns.

xlint89

Reaction score
I'm guessing they won't approve the payment for sale.

People aren't realizing the freedoms cash has to offer.

When you use the card, it's tracked 100%. What you buy, where you buy, how much you buy, etc...

So big brother knows you're diabetic = no sugary sweets for you. Denied sale

Bought some gasoline = carbon tax for every gallon you bought. (don't think that's coming, guess again)

Want some McD's? You're overweight = denied

You want to buy a supercharger for your BB engine? Those aren't environmentally friendly = denied

Want to buy guns or ammo? Denied after your social credit score doesn't allow you (don't think that's coming either? hahaha)

Here's one I think most of you might be able to relate to.

Was out at Put In Bay in Ohio. Storm rolls in, power goes out on the island. Bars are on generator back up and can accept cash only as the credit card readers are down.

jpf091959

Reaction score
I travel internationally and use bank transfers, (wallet payments) no credit cards or cash to deal with. You a receipt on your phone and authenticate it and done. very fast. America is lagging behind. I am impressed with how well some of these developing countries operate, during Covid restrictions, here I am carrying around paper vax cards and PCR test results. all the locals give you a stupid look. many countries had national health care apps. so to get into a mall or big stores you have to display a QR code on your phone. I always had bust out my stupid card.

thetub

Reaction score
I travel internationally and use bank transfers, (wallet payments) no credit cards or cash to deal with. You a receipt on your phone and authenticate it and done. very fast. America is lagging behind. I am impressed with how well some of these developing countries operate, during Covid restrictions, here I am carrying around paper vax cards and PCR test results. all the locals give you a stupid look. many countries had national health care apps. so to get into a mall or big stores you have to display a QR code on your phone. I always had bust out my stupid card.
is this a good thing ?

or bad ?

we shall see...

brgrcru

Reaction score
Amazing how people will continue to play into
“Give up your freedom and liberty “

Markus

Reaction score
I have all of my CC's loaded into my wallet app on my phone. It's fast and easy.. Why is a plastic credit card or debit card so much better than digital? I have had my Debit Card info stolen multiple times when getting gas, thieves put card readers on the gas pumps then steal your info. Then the bank calls, then they issue you a new card, then you wait for the new card. Then you have to go over all of your Payee's that you assigned that card to and change it to the new card. It's old technology. I try to keep cash in my wallet just for tipping food servers, that's it. Everything else comes from my phone's wallet app. Boarding pass-phone, Geico proof of insurance-phone, US parks pass-phone, Amex-phone etc... I really need a Ridge wallet and get rid of my big leather wallet, it's time. You know what's a big pain in the ass? Constantly going to ATMs to pull cash out.
Agree.

ApplePay and Wallet are absolutely brilliant.

Markus

Reaction score
how is this not discrimination or social injustice ??? what if my credits crap and cant get one

what if i cant get a credit card or debit card ?

just like they say for drivers licenses ?
That‘s what the ’progressives‘ keep saying. New York was considering making accepting cash mandatory a few years ago, because illegal immigrants often don’t have bank accounts. Not sure if they actually did it.

I remember an interview with the owner of a high-end Manhattan restaurant who said “Frankly, if you are too poor to have a bank account, you should not spend money on eating here”.

In Sweden, where the mindset is “Be here legally, or you get deported. Pay your taxes, or you go to jail”, many restaurants and stores no longer accept cash with strong support from the government. Getting rid of cash makes money laundering much more difficult.