WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel Trash šŸ—‘ļø

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
What is going on with the trash situation? Trash cans in the channel have been full for almost all day. Usually they have a guy driving around in a bobcat and another throwing the trash into a basket. But these cans have been full four a while with nobody in sight to pick up. I tell my kids leave the lake better than you arrived. Lol the daughter said today ā€œdad the cans are overflowing and on the beach and sidewalkā€ just a sample of all the cans overflowing and I have seen better on a holiday weekend. RD wouldnā€™t let this happen if he was mayoršŸ˜‚ The city and Mayor needs to do something about this.
IMG_6642.jpeg
IMG_6643.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What is going on with the trash situation? Trash cans in the channel have been full for almost all day. Usually they have a guy driving around in a bobcat and another throwing the trash into a basket. But these cans have been full four a while with nobody in sight to pick up. I tell my kids leave the lake better than you arrived. Lol the daughter said today ā€œdad the cans are overflowing and on the beach and sidewalkā€ just a sample of all the cans overflowing and I have seen better on a holiday weekend. RD wouldnā€™t let this happen if he was mayoršŸ˜‚

If RD was mayor they would be dumped every 2 weeks!

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
The other problem is other people are just leaving trash on the beach because they said the cans are full. šŸ¤¬

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Do they still have the carbon monoxide sensors in the channel?

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
LHC will never move out of the small town special interest destination, until they figure out how to ā€œcivilizeā€ the channel.

What exactly that looks like, I donā€™t know. But itā€™s a complete turn off to many folks.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
LHC will never move out of the small town special interest destination, until they figure out how to ā€œcivilizeā€ the channel.

What exactly that looks like, I donā€™t know. But itā€™s a complete turn off to many folks.

Agreed and I have never sat in the channel. Maybe an early cruise through but never parked.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Pack it in and pack it the FUCK OUT! People like nice places, until they are not nice anymore.

I second guessed myself for shamming some kids parents for allowing them to think it was ok for their kid in back seat to throw a chicken bone out on the ground at a gas station. Really? you think that's ok? Mom had kid get out of car and pick it up and put in trash can.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Agreed and I have never sat in the channel. Maybe an early cruise through but never parked.

Charge $20 to park in the channel for better trash service.

Pack it in and pack it the FUCK OUT! People like nice places, until they are not nice anymore.

I second guessed myself for shamming some kids parents for allowing them to think it was ok for their kid in back seat to throw a chicken bone out on the ground at a gas station. Really? you think that's ok? Mom had kid get out of car and pick it up and put in trash can.

I put this squarely on the Mayor and City Council. If they cared, really cared, they could clean that shithole up in one month. To be a destination for more than folks with cool boats, you gotta "Take out the trash" (Road House) :cool:

Look at the San Antonia river walk, Chicago river district. You think those places would have ever evolved into what they are if they looked like the Bridgewater Channel?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The city could make enough on charging the parking fee to pay for more enforcement and trash service. Channel is always packed, that would be quite a bit of $$$.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I live outside Chicago.
The riverwalk is gorgeous. Always clean & well maintained. & its mobbed these days. They dont charge a ybody a dime.
Complain to the Sanitation dept of Havi.
Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Power of RDP. Post the phone ####
Couple hundred calls.a day to this guys phone........ It'll get done!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
All that trash on the beach
Can you imagine what's IN the channel?
Instead of CO detectors, They should take urine samples

I used to walk my dog at "the beach" on the island
I went to to the city and they gave me a whole case of trash bags
Sometimes you have to take matters in your own hands

Orange Juice

Reaction score
At least it wasn't left strewn all over the beach. As said, usually the City has guys keeping these trash cans emptied. Something must have happened.
After it reaches 115F, itā€™s too hot to work outsidešŸ˜‰

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
And about 20 feet farther in are more trash cans that are still empty. Just a few step more.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
I thought this thread was gonna have pics of the people in the channel! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

You fuckers best be careful with throwing out laws and restrictions ideas and shit.

Itā€™s just like anything else. Enforce whatā€™s already in place and assigne a few more people to take the trash out - Couple dudes, give ā€˜em a flat bed golf cart a box of rubber gloves and a stack of trash bags. 4 guys hired. 10 hour shifts 0900-1900 2 guys work Sunday - wedensday. 2 guys work wedensday - Saturday. Swap shifts every other month. Guy calls in sick, one guy can run solo.

Shit would be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Start at the dog park work towards bridge, over bridge drive the whole LBR side. Turn around and drive back. All day. Figure out where to absorb them for winter months. Shit ainā€™t rocket science.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I thought this thread was gonna have pics of the people in the channel! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

You fuckers best be careful with throwing out laws and restrictions ideas and shit.

Itā€™s just like anything else. Enforce whatā€™s already in place and assigne a few more people to take the trash out - Couple dudes, give ā€˜em a flat bed golf cart a box of rubber gloves and a stack of trash bags. 4 guys hired. 10 hour shifts 0900-1900 2 guys work Sunday - wedensday. 2 guys work wedensday - Saturday. Swap shifts every other month. Guy calls in sick, one guy can run solo.

Shit would be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Start at the dog park work towards bridge, over bridge drive the whole LBR side. Turn around and drive back. All day. Figure out where to absorb them for winter months. Shit ainā€™t rocket science.
The city has all that. That park is very well maintained, I go down there 3 to 4 times a week(when not so hot) and they is always somebody there working. So those must have just been filled and will definitely be empty morning today. The easy up people really create a lot of trash sitting there drinking all day.

Last edited:

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
At least it wasn't left strewn all over the beach. As said, usually the City has guys keeping these trash cans emptied. Something must have happened.
It was as well unfortunately. I had never seen it like that on a non holiday weekend.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
And about 20 feet farther in are more trash cans that are still empty. Just a few step more.
No they were all full the 3rd one down just didnā€™t have the trash to the sides. But it was full. As people left they just placed the trash on the sides of the cans.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
I live outside Chicago.
The riverwalk is gorgeous. Always clean & well maintained. & its mobbed these days. They dont charge a ybody a dime.
Complain to the Sanitation dept of Havi.
Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Power of RDP. Post the phone ####
Couple hundred calls.a day to this guys phone........ It'll get done!
In Chicago with wife this week, have enjoyed the riverwalk!! We both said why can't other big cities do what Chicago has done to clean up and create a healthy attraction.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well they civilized the sandbar and copper canyon.. in retrospect I think it was better off with the party spots away from the channel and the channel more for families..

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

This place never ceases to amaze.

ā€œGovernment is too big and intrusive until something annoys me, at which point something must be done by the government to stop it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You just said the magic words, The Vibe needs to change.

Any way you slice it, Havasu is benign compared to what it was 25 years ago.

I understand your request here but what does the vibe need to change to? Thousands of people are in the channel every weekend, so I really donā€™t see anything changing, and the riff raff are easy to police there in the public areas. If you want a more mellow setting in the Channel, the State Park beach is just around the bend.

Ever other populated destination on Havasu is generally pretty mellow, especially compared to before the smartphone and social media šŸ˜„

Someone commented thatā€™s away from the actionā€¦ isnā€™t that the action you donā€™t want to see or be near anyway?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Any way you slice it, Havasu is benign compared to what it was 25 years ago.

I understand your request here but what does the vibe need to change to? Thousands of people are in the channel every weekend, so I really donā€™t see anything changing, and the riff raff are easy to police there in the public areas. If you want a more mellow setting in the Channel, the State Park beach is just around the bend.

Ever other populated destination on Havasu is generally pretty mellow, especially compared to before the smartphone and social media šŸ˜„

Someone commented thatā€™s away from the actionā€¦ isnā€™t that the action you donā€™t want to see or be near anyway?
I donā€™t have the answers but a mosh pit like it is now only ensures the continued decline.

I think you know Iā€™m no big government guy. But what that shithole is now just sucks.

If I need to avoid an area, simply because itā€™s gone native, thatā€™s not on me.

I have never once and never will beach my Skater. Being tilted the bottom is as visible as the top. Thereā€™s not one single mark on the bottom. Point beingā€¦.doesnā€™t really make a shit to me, but it should the town.

Carry on.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I donā€™t have the answers but a mosh pit like it is now only ensures the continued decline.

I think you know Iā€™m no big government guy. But what that shithole is now just sucks.

If I need to avoid an area, simply because itā€™s gone native, thatā€™s not on me.

I have never once and never will beach my Skater. Being tilted the bottom is as visible as the top. Thereā€™s not one single mark on the bottom. Point beingā€¦.doesnā€™t really make a shit to me, but it should the town.

Carry on.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s as bad as many make it seem here. It is an area for partying. It is the main boating tourist draw. That is undeniable. Is it also controlled chaos sometimes? Sure.

For all the whining about the obese women running around, Iā€™d argue those women and their skinny friends donā€™t want to see an angry old dude with a beer belly either.

For people whining about the inexperienced boaters.. great, Iā€™m glad they are there parked instead of running around on the lake.

For the people whining about the low class of people there, donā€™t go or get off your high horse, because at some point in the past you were doing the same things or worse at the river. Most likely worse, and you ā€œruined the riverā€ for the old people back then :)

Half the people on this site go to the Channel more than anywhere else. And that is after being shot with water cannons, having their stereo drowned out by other peoples music and having the occasional drunk idiots end up next to them. They canā€™t get enough of it. They like the action, they like seeing what goes on and pray they seen an exposed nipple.

Can some people do a better job of cleaning up after themselves? Sure. That is not a problem Lake Havasu is going to solve. I donā€™t think Lake Havasu needs to be the boating culture police. And I sure as hell donā€™t want to be nickle and dimed to park my boat anymore than I already am.

Iā€™d rather have it what it is than a driving through and seeing bunch of retired guys drinking water in silence after paying $50 to park their boat, all patting themselves on the back how shiny their pontoons are. :)

TCHB

Reaction score
If they did that thereā€™d be a lot more trash.. people are inherently lazy
Yes I agree Dave. The channel looks like a dump after the crowd clears On the weekend.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s as bad as many make it seem here. It is an area for partying. It is the main boating tourist draw. That is undeniable. Is it also controlled chaos sometimes? Sure.

For all the whining about the obese women running around, Iā€™d argue those women and their skinny friends donā€™t want to see an angry old dude with a beer belly either.

For people whining about the inexperienced boaters.. great, Iā€™m glad they are there parked instead of running around on the lake.

For the people whining about the low class of people there, donā€™t go or get off your high horse, because at some point in the past you were doing the same things or worse at the river. Most likely worse, and you ā€œruined the riverā€ for the old people back then :)

Half the people on this site go to the Channel more than anywhere else. And that is after being shot with water cannons, having their stereo drowned out by other peoples music and having the occasional drunk idiots end up next to them. They canā€™t get enough of it. They like the action, they like seeing what goes on and pray they seen an exposed nipple.

Can some people do a better job of cleaning up after themselves? Sure. That is not a problem Lake Havasu is going to solve. I donā€™t think Lake Havasu needs to be the boating culture police. And I sure as hell donā€™t want to be nickle and dimed to park my boat anymore than I already am.

Iā€™d rather have it what it is than a driving through and seeing bunch of retired guys drinking water in silence after paying $50 to park their boat, all patting themselves on the back how shiny their pontoons are. :)
Agree, both ends of the spectrum or pendulum are unrealistic.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The channel vibe changed after the canopies started appearing. It's never going back, but it was a much better scene before the island was developed allowing people to park and walk down.

Correct. I donā€™t think the EZ up situation is going to change. That said, it is a public space for all to use.

Should you be able to do stupid gymnastics with EZ ups to save spots? probably not.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The channel vibe changed after the canopies started appearing. It's never going back, but it was a much better scene before the island was developed allowing people to park and walk down.
Bullseye. Right over the target

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Bullseye. Right over the target

But what are we mad at the canopy people for?

For taking boat parking spots in a public space? - yes as a boater that is annoying.

For being shitty people (most likely they are locals)?

Are they the ones leaving a bunch of trash?

Aside from taking up boat spaces, Iā€™m genuinely curious.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
But what are we mad at the canopy people for?

For taking boat parking spots in a public space? - yes as a boater that is annoying.

For being shitty people (most likely they are locals)?

Are they the ones leaving a bunch of trash?

Aside from taking up boat spaces, Iā€™m genuinely curious.
Yesā€¦.

PlanB

Reaction score
When everyone got there on a boat it was just a different vibe. Kind of like a boat show on the water. People, for the most part were cool and would make room for other boats. You get the canopy crowd and the vibe is just different. We don't go there during summer anymore (we are actually skipping this summer all together) so, whatever. Time moves on and things change, but not always for the better.

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
I walk the dogs , on a leash, and pickup there shit, at the channel most every morning, and those city guys have the bobcat with the mesh bucket on the front cleaning up the mess every morning. There are 2 bobcats, the yard blower guys and the restroom cleaners. Unknown why, they missed a couple of days, someone said because they stop work at 115 degrees. It ainā€™t 115 at 7 am. It does seem they need twice a day trash pickup on holiday and weekends, or more trash cans. For the most part, people do use the cans. (Or pile up trash beside the full cans). I donā€™t get why the city allows the cabana floats. Those things just invite trouble if you ask me,ā€and nobody didā€. They couldnā€™t be much of a retinue generator. Charging to park would piss me off as a local, that likes the weekday mornings when the place is empty. I realize this is a vacation town, I get reminded every Friday and Saturday night, when new air b&b renters are behind my house, for the most part, vacationers are cool. But as we all know human culture has changed, and many people have the fuck you attitude, no amount of new laws are going to fix it, and more laws, I donā€™t need, I tend to follow the law.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In Chicago with wife this week, have enjoyed the riverwalk!! We both said why can't other big cities do what Chicago has done to clean up and create a healthy attraction.
Havasu is not a big city.
Itā€™s a weekend Gomorrah.
Frankly, after living there full time for 4 years, I honestly do not understand the attraction.
But Thatā€™s just me. I grew up in Gods country where you would run a river for WEEKS and never see another boat.
To me, the lake and channel are more of a spectacle than a boating destination.