RACER J

Reaction score
This is the slough.
20160723_200129.jpg
20170415_163915.jpg
20160724_201440.jpg

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

First: Chris Lapoint, that is a badass Sanger. Cool that Millerton worked out for you this weekend.

Second: Racer J, I drive past there nearly twice each week going to Bay Area for work. You mentioned the place last year and I’ve got to check it out this year. Looks bitchin’.

There’s a handful (at least) of Fresno area RDPers, should do a meet and greet. My cousin still has his ‘72 Sanger blown flat, so I could show up with some horsepower. Lol.

RACER J

Reaction score
First: Chris Lapoint, that is a badass Sanger. Cool that Millerton worked out for you this weekend.

Second: Racer J, I drive past there nearly twice each week going to Bay Area for work. You mentioned the place last year and I’ve got to check it out this year. Looks bitchin’.

There’s a handful (at least) of Fresno area RDPers, should do a meet and greet. My cousin still has his ‘72 Sanger blown flat, so I could show up with some horsepower. Lol.
Sounds good, we'll have to plan something.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
From what I've gathered over the years, wet headers are required (or noise suppression to point where Rangers won't take a close look at you). Now, you could run dry until you spot a Ranger, then turn on the water. That's what I always did when I owned a '71 Sanger flat and my cousin still does. Rangers at both Kings River and Millerton have chased my cousin in his Sanger flat to give a talking to about having to run water through headers.

Speed Limits: Not aware of any at Millerton in main area. When it narrows there are floating buoys that state 35 mph. Kings River between Reedley and just south of Highway 99 is mostly 35 (if I remember correctly), with two 5mph zones (sometimes a 3rd zone in front of Riverland Resort going East. But, north of Lindy's Landing, there's a nice straight spot that is perfect for speed passes. The Sheriff will patrol Kings River, so you need to pay attention to his location if you want to turn it up a bit :D . Sometimes, there are two Sheriff boats patrolling. Pine Flat: 50mph according to this http://www.spk.usace.army.mil/Locations/Sacramento-District-Parks/Pine-Flat-Lake/ , I had though it was "safe for the conditions" before I looked it up just now.

Hazards: should be minimal this year with water level up. Kings is almost all sand, but you do need to watch for floating debris (especially early in boating season - this goes for any of the lakes in the Sierra foothills). It's been a number of years since boating on Kings, and last year they flooded that area due to Pine Flat reaching 100% of capacity and water still rushing in. Maybe someone that boated on Kings late last summer can provide an update on conditions. Most major hazards are marked in the boating waters in the Fresno area.

Pine Flat has been 50mph since my grandparents had a place there over 20 years ago. I remember when they handed my grandpa the flyer that stated the new speed limit. He just laughed and said if he still had his Flattie he'd be upset. But the pig of a Spectra couldn't go that fast anyways so it didn't matter. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
View attachment 647361

Thank you!
Yeah my boat will run right about 100mph on a good day, my brother in law also has a 69 Sanger 18'6" I believe should be a 110+mph boat, we are finishing up a Dart Big M 540" with a 10-71 blower/chiller, brodix heads, etc. - hopefully it'll be done in the next month or two, here's a couple of pictures with the old motor set up. 468/6-71 (way overdriven lol) View attachment 647359 View attachment 647360

69 Sanger Josh.JPG
69 Sanger Josh2.JPG
69 Sanger Blower Parts.JPG

Last edited:

brgrcru

Reaction score
Sounds good, we'll have to plan something.

How big of an area , are you able to run around on the slough?
how is the camping. hook ups or dry ?
I'm thinking of either kings river or the slough from a Monday--Wednesday? in June.

RACER J

Reaction score
How big of an area , are you able to run around on the slough?
how is the camping. hook ups or dry ?
I'm thinking of either kings river or the slough from a Monday--Wednesday? in June.
The "safe" area is not very big at all, probably a mile to mile and a half up. After that you need to watch out for stumps in the water. The camp spots have water and "half ass" power, during the week isn't usually a problem running the AC but weekends its hit and miss. Let me know if you want to check it out. Wish I knew how to upload video from YouTube, I have some video testing my old jet boat and racing a flat bottom.

4Waters

Reaction score
The "safe" area is not very big at all, probably a mile to mile and a half up. After that you need to watch out for stumps in the water. The camp spots have water and "half ass" power, during the week isn't usually a problem running the AC but weekends its hit and miss. Let me know if you want to check it out. Wish I knew how to upload video from YouTube, I have some video testing my old jet boat and racing a flat bottom.
Hit the share icon
Screenshot_20180522-205402.png

Hit the copy link icon
Screenshot_20180522-205421.png

Then go to RDP open said thread go to where you would write a response touch and hold the screen near the cursor, when the pop-up comes up hit paste.