WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Catastrophe Here In Prescott Valley

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Haha im not aware of a kill dozer part 2. However monkey is correct saying you should fear the citizens over the LEO's.

As a lineman for the local power company we have had issues with citizens firing shots at or near our crews. We have areas we dont go to unless we have law enforcement. Everyone is just plays nicer when they are around.
I’ve been with another utility coming up on 3 decades, we have one location that is semi land-locked and the adjacent owner decided that since corporate real estate didn’t agree to give him a new road/driveway, he has license to take pop shot at any tech who arrives to work on our equipment.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Friday afternoon we were robocalled by the district, saying they'll let us know Sunday what's happening. Now, tonight they call, and say "There have been no verified reports of any planned shootings or bombings. We will will have a police presence at at all schools, purely of an abundance of caution"

Well, that didn't give the wife the warm fuzzies. The other thing she caught, the district made no mention on their FB, which they have always done. I called both my Deputy friend across the street, and Captain America, who works for PV PD. The "official" answer, they don't have a suspect yet, they have no info suggesting an escalation either. Both said they knew this wasn't too helpful to me...both are parents of younger kids.

The "word on the street" is interesting. The suspect was possibly caught on film at both locations. At the school, he discharged all the fire extinguishers he could, before setting the fire in the control room. The thing that most seem in agreement on, the person seemed very organized in actions, premeditated attacks, by no means impulsive.

4Waters

Reaction score
Friday afternoon we were robocalled by the district, saying they'll let us know Sunday what's happening. Now, tonight they call, and say "There have been no verified reports of any planned shootings or bombings. We will will have a police presence at at all schools, purely of an abundance of caution"

Well, that didn't give the wife the warm fuzzies. The other thing she caught, the district made no mention on their FB, which they have always done. I called both my Deputy friend across the street, and Captain America, who works for PV PD. The "official" answer, they don't have a suspect yet, they have no info suggesting an escalation either. Both said they knew this wasn't too helpful to me...both are parents of younger kids.

The "word on the street" is interesting. The suspect was possibly caught on film at both locations. At the school, he discharged all the fire extinguishers he could, before setting the fire in the control room. The thing that most seem in agreement on, the person seemed very organized in actions, premeditated attacks, by no means impulsive.
I wouldn't have the warm and fuzzies either. It seems they don't want to put anything in writing to protect themselves or they don't want the suspect to see anything. One of those 2 reasons is why there is nothing on FB.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I wouldn't have the warm and fuzzies either. It seems they don't want to put anything in writing to protect themselves or they don't want the suspect to see anything. One of those 2 reasons is why there is nothing on FB.
Funny, that's what my wife said. CYA from the district. She worked for them for 12 years. I've dealt with the Super, before she was in the position, and I kind of have to agree.

The suspect could be a student, or ex student, and may already be getting info from parents or other students. We'll see.

4Waters

Reaction score
Funny, that's what my wife said. CYA from the district. She worked for them for 12 years. I've dealt with the Super, before she was in the position, and I kind of have to agree.

The suspect could be a student, or ex student, and may already be getting info from parents or other students. We'll see.
I'd be surprised if a parent didn't get recording of the recorded phone call. Our district calls both parents, mine and my wife's calls are usually 2-3 minutes apart so it would be easy to record the message.