WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cane corso needs good home

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
This is deacon, he is seven years old, was papered and fits the breed standard. He is cool as shit and lives with a 2 year old little girl, he loves her and there are no issues there. The problem is that my buddy and his wife both work and Deacon gets left in the house all day while they are gone. He has pissed on the wood floors in a couple of spots and raised the floor. My buddy does not want to get rid of him but as I hear its a "pick your battles" type deal. We are going to be very selctive on picking a home for him, so state your case.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351992125860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351992125860.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351992225847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351992225847.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 871

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Why is that dog left in the house all day? Barking problem outside? Bad fences? Digger? We can leave our crazy retarded beagle in or out all day without any probs. If were all gone she stays out side. Shes done 10 hrs inside with no bathroom breaks and not peed. When we got home and opened the back door she bolted and peed for 10 min. Lol

They should be lucky its just pee. And active dog like that could easily get bored and destroy couches and shit. So the question still stands.

Y is that larger type dog an indoor dog?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
HOly crap McRib. I sure am glad I read your post before looking at your avatar because now that's all i can look at:D

whiteworks

Reaction score
3 reasons andrew,

1. Liability, this ain't no begal and if he wanted to could fuck someone up 6 ways to Sunday.

2. If he wants out he will bust the gate down, this is 110lbs of bad mother fucker.

3. He's a spoiled lap dog and has lived inside around people his whole life, my buddy had him before the wife and kid, things have changed and the wife wants the dog gone.

whiteworks

Reaction score
This dog is an asshole, I mean that in the best possible way. He has been known to clear a counter top of food. These types of dogs require special owners.

McRib

Reaction score
3 reasons andrew,

1. Liability, this ain't no begal and if he wanted to could fuck someone up 6 ways to Sunday.

2. If he wants out he will bust the gate down, this is 110lbs of bad mother fucker.

3. He's a spoiled lap dog and has lived inside around people his whole life, my buddy had him before the wife and kid, things have changed and the wife wants the dog gone.

That sucks. Why dont they just tie him to an engine block in the back yard all fontana style. :p

McRib

Reaction score
HOly crap McRib. I sure am glad I read your post before looking at your avatar because now that's all i can look at:D

:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This dog is an asshole, I mean that in the best possible way. He has been known to clear a counter top of food. These types of dogs require special owners.

Just a fyi....

Not 100% sure but this dog might me on most homeowners ins no cover list....i could ne totally wrong

I hope they find him a good home:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Post some more pics please. Hopefully better quality.

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
Great dogs. Loyal breed. Having one myself they defiantly need a owner as special as they are. The are wonderful dogs very gentle with children and family and other pets. Good luck in finding him a good home.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I have a Corso and love the breed, I think he's an amazing dog but no way I'm bringing a new dog into the family with a 4 month old baby. I wish your friend the best of luck finding the dog a great home. There is a Cane Corso rescue organization by the way.

whiteworks

Reaction score
few more pics

Attachments

• 2589_1103133051731_6182827_n.jpg
    2589_1103133051731_6182827_n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 2882_1129688915611_8030977_n.jpg
    2882_1129688915611_8030977_n.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 38908_1462864644796_6784544_n.jpg
    38908_1462864644796_6784544_n.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 365
  • 546111_3927224012240_2094589280_n.jpg
    546111_3927224012240_2094589280_n.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 349

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The laser beam eyes have me a little concerned!

attachment.php

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I could never get rid of a dog. especially one that I have had that long. I can tell you that if any chick Im dating even looks at my dog sideways she gets the boot.

h2o225

Reaction score
Have 1 great dogs love ours but it would be to hard to introduce another alpha male to our house.

DrHW

Reaction score
Any chance to get some better pictures of the wife, he might just end up looking for a home for her and keep the dog. :D

I was waiting for that one. :p

We have a 100+plus American Bulldog now. He is King at our House. My Daughter recently rescued two new Cats = full house. Good looking animal.

whiteworks

Reaction score
Any chance to get some better pictures of the wife, he might just end up looking for a home for her and keep the dog. :D
Lol
Doesn't look like he will be happy leaving.
It's a rough one, deacon loves his family for sure.
I could never get rid of a dog. especially one that I have had that long. I can tell you that if any chick Im dating even looks at my dog sideways she gets the boot.

My friend really does not want to get rid of him, it's just one of those things that is causing more grief than good. As he says, you gotta pick your battles. That being said the dog is not going to just anyone, the new owner has to be a perfect fit. Deacon wants to be with his master 24-7, I almost threw him in the truck when we left. The problem I have is with my situation I am rolling out to people's houses everyday and I just don't think taking him with me would be a good idea. Perfect fit would be a business owner that could take him to the shop everyday. He's a good dog, and I mean a really good dog. Deacon was raised in a fab shop my friend owned before he finished his engineering degree and took a job working for the man.

koenig

Reaction score
If I didn't have two male Rottweiler's, Id put in my resume. Work from home so I'm with my dogs almost 24/7. Live on 40 acres out in the sticks. But don't think my two would like another male dog!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
This is deacon, he is seven years old, was papered and fits the breed standard. He is cool as shit and lives with a 2 year old little girl, he loves her and there are no issues there. The problem is that my buddy and his wife both work and Deacon gets left in the house all day while they are gone. He has pissed on the wood floors in a couple of spots and raised the floor. My buddy does not want to get rid of him but as I hear its a "pick your battles" type deal. We are going to be very selective on picking a home for him, so state your case.

Your buddy should borrow the dogs nuts for a day and tell the wife to STFU. :) As an edit, I'll say Deacon would be worth his weight in 1000 hard wood floors if the shit ever hits the fan.
another edit. Doggy doors are cheap and I doubt anybody would consider arguing with o'l Deacon about who gets in or out. That dog is 911 and a 50 cal all wrapped up in one. All for the price of kibbles and love.

Last edited:

whiteworks

Reaction score
Sunday morning bump for Deacon.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score

Same here, the dog was here first.

U4ia

Reaction score
Just a fyi....

Not 100% sure but this dog might me on most homeowners ins no cover list....i could ne totally wrong

I hope they find him a good home:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I would not be surprised.... That's the same breed that killed that young woman up in San Francisco a few years back. She was in the hall and a couple of them ripped her to pieces before she could get the door open. The owner is doing jail time IIRC..... I reckon they are about as safe as chimpanzee with a loaded revolver.....

Wakker

Sober
Reaction score
Picking your battles is a two way street. I'd tell that broad that ole' Deacon was here when you got here, and he'll be here when your gone. :thumbsdown

P.S. On second thought, your friend doesn't deserve a loyal animal like that if he is ready to ditch him over a little piss and a whiner wife...

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Picking your battles is a two way street. I'd tell that broad that ole' Deacon was here when you got here, and he'll be here when your gone. :thumbsdown

P.S. On second thought, your friend doesn't deserve a loyal animal like that if he is ready to ditch him over a little piss and a whiner wife...

:thumbsup It was the Dogs home first.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Your buddy should borrow the dogs nuts for a day and tell the wife to STFU. :) As an edit, I'll say Deacon would be worth his weight in 1000 hard wood floors if the shit ever hits the fan.
another edit. Doggy doors are cheap and I doubt anybody would consider arguing with o'l Deacon about who gets in or out. That dog is 911 and a 50 cal all wrapped up in one. All for the price of kibbles and love.

X2

I have a 130lb dogue de bordeaux and we have a big dog door. I don't worry about the house one bit. Most people will flinch if she barks at them. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteworks

Reaction score

I'm guessing you don't keep a woman around the house:D

picone

Reaction score
I would not be surprised.... That's the same breed that killed that young woman up in San Francisco a few years back. She was in the hall and a couple of them ripped her to pieces before she could get the door open. The owner is doing jail time IIRC..... I reckon they are about as safe as chimpanzee with a loaded revolver.....

Those were Presa Canarios. Corso is a good dog.

stickman07

Reaction score
To bad ol Deacon ain't in Texas, he'd have a home at our crib.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

whiteworks

Reaction score
To bad ol Deacon ain't in Texas, he'd have a home at our crib.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 

Getting Deacon to Texas is not out of the question, lets hear what his life as a Texan would consist of?:D

Sold Honda bought Hondo

Reaction score
PM Sent
Looking for a playmate for my dog.
[video=youtube;KU3EpC2EXe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3EpC2EXe4&feature=channel&list=UL"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3EpC2EXe4&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

chaser

Reaction score

That is wrong U4
A caine is also known as a Italian Mastiff. It is not in any way part of the pitbull family.
I have a 110 lb caine, 5 years old and other than being a very needy ( attention wise ) they are great dogs with kids.
My grand kids pick on my caine ( pulls her ears and grabs her lips ) and she always comes back for more.
They are great family dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold Honda bought Hondo

Reaction score
Have 1 great dogs love ours but it would be to hard to introduce another alpha male to our house.
YOU are supposed to be alpha....and it's not necessarily male. I had a 130lb rottie bitch a buddy gave me because she killed a goat...His kids kept locking the goat in with the dog...thought it was fun to watch the goat head butt the dog...maggie put up with it for a long time...finally had enough...Alpha for sure...we had about 4 other females at the shop...they all ran together ok...Turned maggie loose and first thing she did was kick every bodies ass....no real blood but it sounded like she was killing them..kinda cool to watch

If I didn't have two male Rottweiler's, Id put in my resume. Work from home so I'm with my dogs almost 24/7. Live on 40 acres out in the sticks. But don't think my two would like another male dog!
If you run 2 male rotts together and they haven't shredded each other you are alpha for sure. I ran 2 brothers together until they were a year old...i moved in with g-friend for about 10 months...took 'Elwood" with me, " Jake' was roommates dog.When i moved back they started guffing each other...as soon as i heard it i got in both of their faces...put them on the ground, roll him on his side and hold him there till he relaxed...let them up and give they big hug at the same time..and then i pissed on every post in their run...had to jack them up 3 times in one day....after that they always got along...

Sounds like the owner doesn't really own the dog...some breeds can never be alpha.
A rottie that is alpha or wants to try is nothing but a liability..The rottie i have now is submissive to everyone...not lay in the floor belly up and pissing himself.....When my 93 year old mother says 'out' and points her finger he gets moving asap. although he does need a tuneup once in a while...I don't repeat commands...if he doesn't move right away he will the instant i move in his direction....

As long as he doesn't have aggression issues i bet most of the behavior problems have to do with a lack of exercise and the rest is inconsistent discipline..I have been looking for another dog for mine to play with...He needs someone more his size...little dogs get tired to easy...

Getting me to give up a dog i have had for 7 years would be close to impossible..I actually bought a house rather than give mine up. I wanted to rent a house...landlord take one look at my dogs and said no way...so i bought a house..

Getting rid of the dog is absolutely necessary? The behavior issues are the only reason? Would the owner keep the dog if the stated issues were corrected?

To bad the owner doesn't live in havasu...i could fix his dog and i even have a loaner he could use in the meantime. lol

whiteworks

Reaction score
YOU are supposed to be alpha....and it's not necessarily male. I had a 130lb rottie bitch a buddy gave me because she killed a goat...His kids kept locking the goat in with the dog...thought it was fun to watch the goat head butt the dog...maggie put up with it for a long time...finally had enough...Alpha for sure...we had about 4 other females at the shop...they all ran together ok...Turned maggie loose and first thing she did was kick every bodies ass....no real blood but it sounded like she was killing them..kinda cool to watch

If you run 2 male rotts together and they haven't shredded each other you are alpha for sure. I ran 2 brothers together until they were a year old...i moved in with g-friend for about 10 months...took 'Elwood" with me, " Jake' was roommates dog.When i moved back they started guffing each other...as soon as i heard it i got in both of their faces...put them on the ground, roll him on his side and hold him there till he relaxed...let them up and give they big hug at the same time..and then i pissed on every post in their run...had to jack them up 3 times in one day....after that they always got along...

Sounds like the owner doesn't really own the dog...some breeds can never be alpha.
A rottie that is alpha or wants to try is nothing but a liability..The rottie i have now is submissive to everyone...not lay in the floor belly up and pissing himself.....When my 93 year old mother says 'out' and points her finger he gets moving asap. although he does need a tuneup once in a while...I don't repeat commands...if he doesn't move right away he will the instant i move in his direction....

As long as he doesn't have aggression issues i bet most of the behavior problems have to do with a lack of exercise and the rest is inconsistent discipline..I have been looking for another dog for mine to play with...He needs someone more his size...little dogs get tired to easy...

Getting me to give up a dog i have had for 7 years would be close to impossible..I actually bought a house rather than give mine up. I wanted to rent a house...landlord take one look at my dogs and said no way...so i bought a house..

Getting rid of the dog is absolutely necessary? The behavior issues are the only reason? Would the owner keep the dog if the stated issues were corrected?

To bad the owner doesn't live in havasu...i could fix his dog and i even have a loaner he could use in the meantime. lol

I think your reading to much into this, the dogs behavior is fine. He has pissed in the house a couple times after being left in to long (I would to). My buddys wife is just not a fan of the dog, I forwarded your PM over to him for review. Truth be told I think Deacon needs a little bit of property around him and a job.

Wakker

Sober
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't keep a woman around the house:D
My woman has been here two years and knows her damn role. She tried kicking my dog off the bed once when she first moved in. I nipped that shit in the bud. I waited until she fell asleep, planted my foot gently against her ass cheek and shot her right off the side of the bed. When she sat up I asked her how she liked being launched out of bed from a dead sleep. She doesn't fuck with my dogs anymore. :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I could not imagine getting rid of my dogs after having them for a month much less 7 years. There is not a chick on the planet that would convince me to get rid of my dogs...(they go everywhere with me and sleep on my bed if they want)...PERIOD unless i had a kid that the dog got agressive with. Especially if they were there before the chick. The first time she said anything about it she would be set straight real quick like, secound time she would be gone...If I was married to her my comment to here would be...you had better pick YOUR battles...the dogs would go no where...its really a sad deal for the dog and your buddy and his kid.

Could you ever kick these faces to the curb?

cash and daisy 3.jpg cash and daisy 2.jpg cash and daisy.jpg

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
I could not imagine getting rid of my dogs after having them for a month much less 7 years. There is not a chick on the planet that would convince me to get rid of my dogs...(they go everywhere with me and sleep on my bed if they want)...PERIOD unless i had a kid that the dog got agressive with. Especially if they were there before the chick. The first time she said anything about it she would be set straight real quick like, secound time she would be gone...If I was married to her my comment to here would be...you had better pick YOUR battles...the dogs would go no where...its really a sad deal for the dog and your buddy and his kid.

Could you ever kick these faces to the curb?

View attachment 233420 View attachment 233419 View attachment 233418

I have a pair of boxers also, no way in hell I would ever get rid of either of them:thumbsup

JMC

Reaction score
I think your reading to much into this, the dogs behavior is fine. He has pissed in the house a couple times after being left in to long (I would to). My buddys wife is just not a fan of the dog, I forwarded your PM over to him for review. Truth be told I think Deacon needs a little bit of property around him and a job.

Phak.....Dude that dog is beautiful. You need to tell your buddy you dont bail on a 7 year old dog, thats like a sin that there is no word for. You can see it in Deacons eyes, just a few more years to enjoy that incredible animal and friend. If his wife cant understand something like that maybe Deacon might benefit from a more fitting enviorment that would obviously love him and never give him up.

Hope everything works out for Deacon, but the hell with your buddy...and tell him he better not come in drunk and ever piss on his WIFES floor or he will realize that Deacon wasnt the problem after all

Wakker

Sober
Reaction score
Phak.....Dude that dog is beautiful. You need to tell your buddy you dont bail on a 7 year old dog, thats like a sin that there is no word for. You can see it in Deacons eyes, just a few more years to enjoy that incredible animal and friend. If his wife cant understand something like that maybe Deacon might benefit from a more fitting enviorment that would obviously love him and never give him up.

Hope everything works out for Deacon, but the hell with your buddy...and tell him he better not come in drunk and ever piss on his WIFES floor or he will realize that Deacon wasnt the problem after all
:thumbsup

NdaWind

Reaction score

X1000

If she had enough love for your buddy she won't be trying to get rid of something he loved.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Your Buddy is a P$$y! There is no way you get rid of a dog of 7 seven years, when he has been your friend and protector of the house. Not to mention the dog was there before the wife. My Girlfriend of a year complained about my Doberman sleeping on MY bed when she isn't there, I put her on timeout for a week.
She understands now that Rudy rules the house! :thumbsup

Rudy.jpg