WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can am vs Polaris

Shockwave25

Reaction score
Debating on pulling the trigger on a new car. Currently have the Polaris Xp 1000.. debating between the Can am XRS RR 4 seater and the Turbo S with Fox and dynamics 4 seater. love the ride in my buddies Can Am but I’ve always been a Rzr guy. any input? Ocotillo wells and Havasu riding mostly.. No glamis

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
The can am will need some upgrades to make it reliable and remove the weak points - the sooner you do em the better!
Plus it’s a big car. Does it need to fit inside a toy hauler trailer?

im not sure on the turbo S structure / to remove weak points - cage has a poor design.

go sit inside both with the family, my wife liked the can am feel better, so that is what we bought.

both cars will need radio/ intercom and shock work are the biggest upgrades

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Turbo S needs less to bulletproof it than a Can Am does. Can Am is going to have more interior room. Can Am stock cage is probably better than the RZR Turbo S cage.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Can am had way more room so just for that reason I would buy a CanAm

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Can am 4 seater is huge. That's why it has such a nice ride especially in the dunes.
Their 2 seater rides like a truck.
Polaris is still a better platform to build off of.
Better visibilty too in the tight stuff
Just get the Pro R:cool:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I’ve rode in both and picked the RZR because of what the know it all LOF said. Less to do off the showroom floor. I’m 6,4 and rode I. The back seat for a day out in ocotillo 40miles or so. I didn’t have a problem because my daughter rode in front so the seat was moved up. Even with it back I still fit fine but it’s nicer when the seats up. This is her with me in the back seat after her 1st time up the big hill at shell reef.

Shockwave25

Reaction score
Both will fit in my trailer.. always loved the Rzr but the can am rides so smooth out on ocotillo.. I’ve sent my suspension to Shock Therapy I’m still not pleased with it.. never rode in a 72inch Rzr so was just wondering what people thought.. Thanks for any input

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Both will fit in my trailer.. always loved the Rzr but the can am rides so smooth out on ocotillo.. I’ve sent my suspension to Shock Therapy I’m still not pleased with it.. never rode in a 72inch Rzr so was just wondering what people thought.. Thanks for any input

My 1000 had Shock Therapy valving. Had it done again and it rides much better. I also have the 2.5” Walker front shocks. It’s not a 72” car but it’s pretty darn good.

Do you turn the knobs much on your shocks? What tire pressures do you run?

pavski2

Reaction score
I have the 2020 Can Am RS RR 72" 4 seat. Very plush ride stock, came with the Fox tune at 18" of clearance at the skid plate. Overall has been a great car, hit the whoops at any speed. We felt more comfortable sitting in the Can Am over the RZR, but visibility over the front is a weak point but you get used to it. Overall love the car.

Shockwave25

Reaction score
I haven’t turned the knobs yet. I’m running 16psi currently. Also have the walker links

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I haven’t turned the knobs yet. I’m running 16psi currently. Also have the walker links

Drop the tire pressure to 12-13 PSI cold. Set the rear shocks to 2 clicks from full soft, and the fronts at 4 clicks from full soft.

If you feel like the car is compressing too much over large bumps or rear chassis is dragging the ground often, go 2 clicks stiffer in the rear until it feels better.

If you feel the front of the car dives too hard into corners, stiffen the front 2 clicks at a time until it starts cornering better, or the ride is too stiff.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Debating on pulling the trigger on a new car. Currently have the Polaris Xp 1000.. debating between the Can am XRS RR 4 seater and the Turbo S with Fox and dynamics 4 seater. love the ride in my buddies Can Am but I’ve always been a Rzr guy. any input? Ocotillo wells and Havasu riding mostly.. No glamis

good clean car with a lot of extras!!

same year as mine 172 HP vrs new 2022 is 200hp! Buy this one & save some cash!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’ve done zero to my can am for ‘fixing’ things. No suspension reinforcement.
2300 miles all in havasu dirt.
Knock on wood, sure.

Now, the 4 seat can am and 2 seat can am share the same suspension parts. My gut tells me the 4 seat length and weight are the reason these have failure points. Inertia and gravity can fuck things up.
Good news it they don’t catch on fire.

Can am 4 seater for the win. Get rude height correct. Soften shock settings to almost full soft. Air at 10. Good to go

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve done zero to my can am for ‘fixing’ things. No suspension reinforcement.
2300 miles all in havasu dirt.
Knock on wood, sure.

Now, the 4 seat can am and 2 seat can am share the same suspension parts. My gut tells me the 4 seat length and weight are the reason these have failure points. Inertia and gravity can fuck things up.
Good news it they don’t catch on fire.

Can am 4 seater for the win. Get rude height correct. Soften shock settings to almost full soft. Air at 10. Good to go

You have to go faster than 25 mph in the bumps and I’m not talking about graded roads!

lol

i know you like a smooth ride!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I lied a bit…. I do have a shock tower brace and rear radius plate under the tree right now 😁