WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Camper shell hook up needed.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread about this but I couldn't seem to find it using the search feature.

So here goes. I need to find a shell for a 2011 ram 3500 long bed dually. Does anybody here do that sort of thing? Or have a referral? would rather spend the money with someone from RDP.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Hey RB...if you don't find one here try Searchtempest. Biggest problem I found was locating one of the color you want.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Hey RB...if you don't find one here try Searchtempest. Biggest problem I found was locating one of the color you want.

I'm looking for new. what I want isn't readily available and I want to order it how I want it. The camper shell places I visited so far I'm pretty sure the guys banging his sister in the back room

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking for new. what I want isn't readily available and I want to order it how I want it. The camper shell places I visited so far I'm pretty sure the guys banging his sister in the back room

Lol, I wound up buying new also. Got the side windows and two rod lockers in roof. Damn they're expensive!

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I thought there was a thread about this but I couldn't seem to find it using the search feature.

So here goes. I need to find a shell for a 2011 ram 3500 long bed dually. Does anybody here do that sort of thing? Or have a referral? would rather spend the money with someone from RDP.

Best price and service is good. They are able to do custom orders too. Mine was completely custom for one of my biz.

http://www.americancampershells.com/

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I did biz the the german fellow who owns snugtop....His name is Hartmut and if you mention my name he may help you but he doesn't sell direct. He would most likely set up with whoever your local snugtop retailer is.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
the last one I bought was snugtop too, yup... pricey, but sooo damn nice. gonna look sick on your scooter!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I ran an ARE was was very happy with it. Bought at Fullerton. Little less than a snug top but then I had it custom painted.

River Runner

Reaction score
Tomorrow from fuller in fullerton. I'm pretty they are banging their sisters there too but they have been easy to deal with.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I did biz the the german fellow who owns snugtop....His name is Hartmut and if you mention my name he may help you but he doesn't sell direct. He would most likely set up with whoever your local snugtop retailer is.
I used to work at a place that sold lids and shells for a number of years, snug top hands down has the best fit and finish. Their color matching is the best I've seen out of a shell manufacture. They aren't the cheapest but you get what you pay for and their warranties are the best in the industry.

aj923

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are looking for as far as custom goes but look on craigslist. I found my shell on there and only paid $600 and its color matched and everything.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Bump, anyone know of any available for a Ram 6.4 bed?

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Any leads on camper shell repair in SoCal? My shocks need replacement

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Any leads on camper shell repair in SoCal? My shocks need replacement
What they said

Amazon or ebay

Should be the lbs number printed on the prop... along with a bunch of other numbers.. the poundage # should stand out but doesn't necessarily say "lbs"

usually 10-20ish for shells. You'll need that and the length .....

I've used this guy a few times... very helpful

Otherwise, where you located?

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Bump, anyone know of any available for a Ram 6.4 bed?
I assume you're looking for used???

CL or Facebook market place...

Call your friendly local shell places see if they got anything. you may get lucky

May be a challenge cause the newer truck beds (like 88 and newer) may vary slightly in length and width or shape

JayBreww

Reaction score
I assume you're looking for used???

CL or Facebook market place...

Call your friendly local shell places see if they got anything. you may get lucky

May be a challenge cause the newer truck beds (like 88 and newer) may vary slightly in length and width or shape
Yea I’ve searched, called on one Friday that sold yesterday that was I was suppose to go get tomorrow when I get off shift.
I’ve called a few down here in San Diego, will be calling the riverside area ones tomorrow.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
What they said

Amazon or ebay

Should be the lbs number printed on the prop... along with a bunch of other numbers.. the poundage # should stand out but doesn't necessarily say "lbs"

usually 10-20ish for shells. You'll need that and the length .....

I've used this guy a few times... very helpful

Otherwise, where you located?
Thanks y’all. @LazyLavey im in Fontana. Took a pic a few days ago not sure if I got the right info, is that 28# (bottom right) the weight? Are they pins or rivets? Gracias amigo
F52D7F91-DA87-4DD3-816D-5B340925A7D7.jpeg

LazyLavey

Reaction score
looks like 27#. Take your length in inches..

The pry the clips open top and bottom and the prop will release from the bracket. May have to give it a little persuasion. Just smack it off with your palm and prop up the door with something or someone, chances are just 1 prop may not hold it up
Should be a ball and socket fitting but I can't see the top

A camper shell place will probably have them but you'll spend much more