WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California plate readers

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I never thought I would see this in my lifetime, but here we are...

For the past 8 weeks I have been driving my lowered dually and lexus in california being that my roadmaster (california registered car) has been getting the ignition and fuel system gone through. I have noticed that here in the temecula/murrieta they have installed the automatic plate readers all over. In the last 8 weeks I have been driving my dually and lexus every few days (both cars are registered to my havasu house), and I just received my second letter from CHP (one for each vehicle) demanding that I register my cars in california.

Lol, california doesn't skip a beat, they want their money and they want it now!

I think this is it for me, time to punch out of california, I have a residence that I pay utilities, property tax and home owners with in havasu but yet I have to justify why one of my havasu cars is on the road in california for a interim time period while my california car is out on maintenance??

By the way, anybody know a good realtor for the east kingman/ havapui rural area, looking at that area to make the primary home

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Probably your neighbors to be honest.
No, my neighbor moved from New York and has had new york plates on his car for thr past 2 years. He got nailed too.

Crazy part is that the dually and lexus usually stay in havasu. I've just had them here while going through the motor in the roadmaster

ChrisV

Reaction score
No, my neighbor moved from New York and has had new york plates on his car for thr past 2 years. He got nailed too.

Crazy part is that the dually and lexus usually stay in havasu. I've just had them here while going through the motor in the roadmaster
Yeah that sucks.

My neighbor is a Leo and gives me shit all the time cause my cars is registered in Az. I just give him the thumbs up.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I might be the dumb one but I'll admit I'm confused.

The plates are registered in Arizona so the address is in Arizona but you are getting the mail in California?

I would also guess a neighor called it in not a random plate reader.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
It’s not from the LPR cameras.. they aren’t used for that purpose by that particular department.

That smells like the CHEATERS program, 100%. You’ve pissed off a neighbor at some point. 😉
Yeah I thought it was the CHEATERS program at first, but after talking to my neighbor I'm dumbfounded as to who would be the rat especially since the cars have only been here 2 months

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

For the past 8 weeks I have been driving my lowered dually and lexus in california being that my roadmaster (california registered car) has been getting the ignition and fuel system gone through. I have noticed that here in the temecula/murrieta they have installed the automatic plate readers all over. In the last 8 weeks I have been driving my dually and lexus every few days (both cars are registered to my havasu house), and I just received my second letter from CHP (one for each vehicle) demanding that I register my cars in california.

Lol, california doesn't skip a beat, they want their money and they want it now!

I think this is it for me, time to punch out of california, I have a residence that I pay utilities, property tax and home owners with in havasu but yet I have to justify why one of my havasu cars is on the road in california for a interim time period while my california car is out on maintenance??

By the way, anybody know a good realtor for the east kingman/ havapui rural area, looking at that area to make the primary home
You're right. I just saw my first one today in Wildomar. They are going in everywhere.

64dd1679e2614223b357be38_Falcon_66_small-p-800.png

Reactions: C-2

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
It’s not from the LPR cameras.. they aren’t used for that purpose by that particular department.

That smells like the CHEATERS program, 100%. You’ve pissed off a neighbor at some point. 😉
What is the typical use case for these LPR systems? County level LE using them?

J&k beer can

Reaction score
absolutely not...
Im a AZ resident for over 25yrs..
I used a my woman's(cali resident) ip address to register and i got the same letter..
I totally disregard it and noting has happened.
That was 9 yrs ago

EarpRider

Reaction score
I might be the dumb one but I'll admit I'm confused.

The plates are registered in Arizona so the address is in Arizona but you are getting the mail in California?

I would also guess a neighor called it in not a random plate reader.
Called "it" in to who?🤦‍♂️

EarpRider

Reaction score

EarpRider

Reaction score
What is the typical use case for these LPR systems? County level LE using them?
Sooooooo much data, it is crazy! No joke.
You can punch in the first 3 digits of a plate with partial vehicle description and a couple of cross streets and = boom = bad guys vehicle pops up. It's absolutely one of the most helpful crime fighting tools we have.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
You can punch in the first 3 digits of a plate with partial vehicle description and a couple of cross streets and = boom = bad guys vehicle pops up. It's absolutely one of the most helpful crime fighting tools we have.
and repo's. lived across st from a school with theater and football so there were events. tow truck creepin with wires to boxes on hood-fender. truck stops for a few seconds, tow arm comes down and truck and car are out of sight in seconds. it was fast.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
In years past I recall reading that people would drive around neighborhoods just looking for out of state plates to call in on because of the encouragement.

From the website above, The CHP encourages members of the public to report vehicles driven on a regular basis on California roadways with out-of-state registration to the CHP REG program Web site at https://www.chp.ca.gov/Notify-CHP/CHP-REG-(Out-of-State-Registration-Violators). When reporting a suspected violator, it is important to include: state of the plate, license plate number, date and time observed, where observed, make, model, vehicle color, and any additional identifying comments. In 2018, more than 24,000 tips were reported to the Web site, leading directly to cases investigated by CHP personnel and dedicated senior volunteers.

From the site below, The program is now called the CHP Registration and Enforcement Guidance (CHP REG) and aims to minimize the number of vehicles violating out-of-state registration laws. The program will replace the previous "Californians Help Eliminate All The Evasive Registration Scofflaws" (CHEATERS) program.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
You might go to Calif. DMV and get a commuter sticker for your Az. vehicles. It used to be ten dollars for a two year period. Looks like a boat registration sticker. I live in Parker and worked in Blythe for years. CHP would stop me for Az. plates. Big River and Earp residents need them to go to work in Parker Az.

boatpi

Reaction score
U got snitched by a neighbor. Lpr units are great, the amount of crimes they solve are staggering. Hp snitch website as noted above, and le can access any state registration. Years ago I got a letter on my first Lambo when I lived in HB. Yep, Montana plates.

Sent them by LLC filing and w-2 with ein. Never heard back. Nevada cares less, we have vehicles registered in 3 states. Very little traffic enforcement here, and it shows, too many crazy drivers.

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score
U got snitched by a neighbor. Lpr units are great, the amount of crimes they solve are staggering. Hp snitch website as noted above, and le can access any state registration. Years ago I got a letter on my first Lambo when I lived in HB. Yep, Montana plates.

Sent them by LLC filing and w-2 with ein. Never heard back. Nevada cares less, we have vehicles registered in 3 states. Very little traffic enforcement here, and it shows, too many crazy drivers.
Except in Boulder City, they have traffic enforcement there.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks.

My neighbor is a Leo and gives me shit all the time cause my cars is registered in Az. I just give him the thumbs up.
My neighbors Leo also and 3 of his cars are registered out of state. Been that way for a year plus.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

I may need to take your tahoe of your hands so there's one less vehicle to worry about

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
My neighbors Leo also and 3 of his cars are registered out of state. Been that way for a year plus.
Rules for thee….

You might go to Calif. DMV and get a commuter sticker for your Az. vehicles. It used to be ten dollars for a two year period. Looks like a boat registration sticker. I live in Parker and worked in Blythe for years. CHP would stop me for Az. plates. Big River and Earp residents need them to go to work in Parker Az.
Crazy!!! Makes me feel bad filling up in Parker before heading to CA ensuring I don’t fill up in CA……. NOT!!! Anyone know if I have to get a sticker or pay tax from bringing fuel into CA? 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lol, damn it Vic, that's not what I said!
Lol I tried to delete what was quoted on accident but didn’t work. I tried to pay the dmv but they want me to smog my volt. I haven’t had time so I’m over it. I don’t really drive my truck so I don’t register that either. I just don’t really care anymore.

charred1

Reaction score
They 100% have "access to your vehicle registration. "
Do any agencies uses it to figure out who is living in CA full-time but registering their vehicle in AZ. NO!
Just sharing what the link says…

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be a direct neighbor, could just be someone that shares your commute or sees you in an off the beaten path neighborhood. Maybe even someone that got tagged themselves and now has an agenda.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I guess Ca. Has the right to go into your back accounts and pull out money for back registration. This was pull out for my 5th wheel. Tried to explain that it hasn't moved since I got it two years ago. Well Ca. Has no non -op on trailers.
FB_IMG_1707667314191.jpg

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I guess Ca. Has the right to go into your back accounts and pull out money for back registration. This was pull out for my 5th wheel. Tried to explain that it hasn't moved since I got it two years ago. Well Ca. Has no non -op on trailers. View attachment 1333590

"Legal order" ???

what was the progression of threats / letters before this happened??

So it is registered in CA and you did not pay the annual tags?

Or you moved it out of state?

Romans9

Reaction score
I guess Ca. Has the right to go into your back accounts and pull out money for back registration. This was pull out for my 5th wheel. Tried to explain that it hasn't moved since I got it two years ago. Well Ca. Has no non -op on trailers. View attachment 1333590

Wow, that is not creeping tyranny, that is kick in your door remove assets and walk back out with no regard for any legal due process.

I’m dumbfounded..

Joe mama

Reaction score
They have been putting cameras in AH too. I think people are getting pissed that the super cars are having fun racing through the hills. If I had that much cabbage I would be out there with them. Some nights the 241 sounds like Indy. Lol

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
"Legal order" ???

what was the progression of threats / letters before this happened??

So it is registered in CA and you did not pay the annual tags?

Or you moved it out of state?
No letters , I paid when we brought it from NV. I didn't pay the tags the next year.. I bought it put it on a pad, leveled it and pulled the tires off ? Been fighting with Riverside, jumping through all there hoops to get my little one acer ready for a double wide for my daughter.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I had dirt bike that I didn't reregister,told them I sold out of state. After a couple years they took the money from my state tax refund. I was over sending mail to them I just gave up over 35$.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Most states don't care where the owner lives, If the car spends more than X amount of days in the state you have to register (pay taxes) to the state.

I'm guessing someone has observed you drive past more than a few times and dropped a dime.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Most states don't care where the owner lives, I'd the car spends more than X amount of days in the state you have to register (pay taxes) in the state.

I'm guessing someone has observed you drive past more than a few times and dropped a dime.
I wouldn't doubt it .

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Been there, done that. Kept a lot of money under the mattress for a long time before I trusted banks again. As it stands, I don't keep any savings in the same bank that I do all of my bill pay stuff from. I've no doubt they can easily figure out where my money is, but if they ever mistakenly seize my account again, I'm hoping it's the one without the money in it.

C-2

Reaction score
Wow, State of CA FTB - you must have direct deposited a past State tax return.

FTB levies first and then asks questions later.

That sucks, thanks for the heads-up.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score

I do have direct deposit for that and my SS Disability is direct. Fuck this I'm putting all of my Ca. Stuff in my daughter's name .

Justfishing

Reaction score
How come crome hasnt gone down

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

They did that to me back in 2019. I traded in a 2017 2500HD for a new 1500 Z71 to a dealer phoenix.

I got hit for back tags with a automatic garnishment in 2021 for that truck. I sent over all the documents showing the truck was traded in. Only got a fraction back, got the registration money back but they kept the extra fees

Andy B.

Reaction score
Yeah but the weather makes up for all that right?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yeah but the weather makes up for all that right?
Lol, not anymore!

My parents have 7 figures in equity in their wine country house, im well into the 6 figures of equity in my place and it's time for a change.

Lol, hence why I asked about realtor recommendation

done

Reaction score

I live 50/50, az and ca.....I have two az plated cars and two ca plated cars. I would think if you live in ca with only a az plate car,with no calif car. That would be a problem.
My Az cars in calif for 5-years, No problems !