WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Buyer’s Remorse

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Have you ever had buyer’s remorse? If so, what’s your story?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Yes, but typically on cheaper shit. I find a dumpster to put it in or give it away for free so as not to fuck the next guy like I got fucked…and then call ir a “teachable moment”….

I don’t seem to learn much from them, however.

Nosocks

Reaction score
2007 chevy, made me a Toyota owner. Scattered the 4 speed at 42k. After 5 years it looked like a 30 year old car inside, totally falling apart.

Drove my 2013 tundra for almost 11 years just fine. Non-car people thought it was new.

Bought a 2024 recently, hoping I didn't get a funky engine on that one but Toyota is fixing them either way.

Generally anything I didn't bother to research very heavily I immediately regretted.

The only good impulse purchase I ever made was a house in Texas - should have kept that.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
2019 Silverado. Transmission. I was a Ford fan, but got the A plan because of my step dad. Then last years strike turned me into a Toyota fan as I will never buy a union made vehicle again.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
2019 Silverado. Transmission. I was a Ford fan, but got the A plan because of my step dad. Then last years strike turned me into a Toyota fan as I will never buy a union made vehicle again.

Hurry and get yore cam bearings ordered. Up your AAA coverage.
Have a buddy with a trailer on standby. Good luck with that.

Dan'l

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would call it buyer's remorse, but bought a 2016 4 seat Razor new and it took about 18 months to realize my wife and I are water people not dirt people. Only lost a couple thousand so not too bad.

RichardMango

Reaction score
2007 chevy, made me a Toyota owner. Scattered the 4 speed at 42k. After 5 years it looked like a 30 year old car inside, totally falling apart.

Drove my 2013 tundra for almost 11 years just fine. Non-car people thought it was new.

Bought a 2024 recently, hoping I didn't get a funky engine on that one but Toyota is fixing them either way.

Generally anything I didn't bother to research very heavily I immediately regretted.

The only good impulse purchase I ever made was a house in Texas - should have kept that.
I have a 2007 tahoe with 180000 on it. It's been great. Maybe you abused your 2007.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
2007 F550 Lariat...6.0.
Painful learning experience, both financially and mechanically. Only vehicle I ever bought new, and only vehicle I've owned that had that much work, to stay stock.

I used to run a large commercial strawberry farm in FL. We bought (3) F550’s in 2003, didn’t know anything about the 6.0’s but soon learned way more than I ever wanted to. During the nearly two years we had them, never, ever had all 3 on the farm. All 3 spent time back at the dealer to troubleshoot problems. At that time even Ford had much difficulty understanding the problems.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Absolutely. Our 2008 American Revolution 42K ISL Diesel Pusher RV.

Well documented here on RDP, #ThisDamnRv did not even make it home from pickup in Southern California. $25,000 in repair bills just in the first days of ownership, I think we are double that all in on repairs since Feb 2021 when we bought it. It has had a mechanical issue every time it has been driven except twice. We lived in it and traveled the western states for two years, so moving days were filled with stress.

It currently is cooking in a storage unit at Islander and will be reduced to travel trips between islander Storage and the season spot at Islander.

We love the floor plan and finishes, but hate the drive train. My personal opinion is that the source of reliability issues are due to the federal regulations for emission controls, and the various sensors associated with the drive train.

We still own this because we have not decided on what our next moves are regarding our seasonal stays in Lake Havasu. We have a favorable interest rate on the loan rate on it so we've mitigated our risk, by leaving it in one spot. The storage unit is cheaper than the repair bills.

We've spent so much on repairs and updates, my guess is that it will make a nice RV for someone when we sell it, but we have lost all confidence in traveling with it.

We also owned a 6.0 ford PSD, we bought new, I actually loved that truck, but the same thing, as others, the 6.0 PSD was terrible. I recall we did three of everything that goes wrong with those things under warranty. Gave it away at Carmax. Should have tried for a Lemon Law. Everything else on that truck was great, the interior was the best of any car I have owned at holding up.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Every time we buy a new toy be it boat, motorhome, quad, or motorcycle! But then I look back at all the great family memories we have together and that feeling is in the rear view!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
A 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, the wife said don’t get a Dodge, I did and it was the worse 18 months. I lemon lawed it and even Dodge didn’t want it back, they paid me to keep it. I sold it to Carmax and only lost about $10k on that debacle.

Grease Monkey

Reaction score
Can't say I have. I've spent way too much on things I should have just bought new instead of repairing but that's just me...

Sellers remorse is more a thing with me. Might be my age and thinking of the cars, boats, toys I've owned in the past.
I should have invested in a single room house with a 40 car garage.........

dribble

Reaction score
Absolutely. Our 2008 American Revolution 42K ISL Diesel Pusher RV.

Well documented here on RDP, #ThisDamnRv did not even make it home from pickup in Southern California. $25,000 in repair bills just in the first days of ownership, I think we are double that all in on repairs since Feb 2021 when we bought it. It has had a mechanical issue every time it has been driven except twice. We lived in it and traveled the western states for two years, so moving days were filled with stress.

It currently is cooking in a storage unit at Islander and will be reduced to travel trips between islander Storage and the season spot at Islander.

We love the floor plan and finishes, but hate the drive train. My personal opinion is that the source of reliability issues are due to the federal regulations for emission controls, and the various sensors associated with the drive train.

We still own this because we have not decided on what our next moves are regarding our seasonal stays in Lake Havasu. We have a favorable interest rate on the loan rate on it so we've mitigated our risk, by leaving it in one spot. The storage unit is cheaper than the repair bills.

We've spent so much on repairs and updates, my guess is that it will make a nice RV for someone when we sell it, but we have lost all confidence in traveling with it.

We also owned a 6.0 ford PSD, we bought new, I actually loved that truck, but the same thing, as others, the 6.0 PSD was terrible. I recall we did three of everything that goes wrong with those things under warranty. Gave it away at Carmax. Should have tried for a Lemon Law. Everything else on that truck was great, the interior was the best of any car I have owned at holding up.

When I buy another RV it’s going to be a gas rig with a Workhorse Chassis. I can do most everything myself on it as far as maintenance and repairs. It costs about as much to run as a diesel does and the cost going in is 25-50 K less.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
V-Drives and V-Fours
Didn't need either of them.
Bought the '84 Interceptor cuz I had one new in '84.
Picked up the '71 Kalawain last year...didn't want to see it scrapped. The Lavey is my keeper ...oh well
20240816_123446.jpg

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
our 2011 Tahoe, hated driving that thing.

Crazy..... I refuse to buy a new car because I love driving my 2011 Tahoe. I have test driven 5+ new trucks and SUVs be ause my Tahoe is creeping up on miles but I never pull the trigger because I have never driven a more comfortable car.

MOUZER

Reaction score
OMG do you know how many times ol MOUZ has bought a flatty or hydro out of state or even in state just to have it dilivered to my driveway and i see it and wanna cry .......floors delam broken stringer ect ect ect to many.....i have gotten ripped off more then i can count.......then i gotta post it back up needing floors or / and stringers for way less then i paid or have stu do the floors and stringers for me and still sell it for less then my envestment

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Crazy..... I refuse to buy a new car because I love driving my 2011 Tahoe. I have test driven 5+ new trucks and SUVs be ause my Tahoe is creeping up on miles but I never pull the trigger because I have never driven a more comfortable car.
It was the engine and trans mainly. It didnt know what gear to be in and shifted all the time and didn’t like when it changed to 4 cylinders to save gas.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I don't make impulsive purchases, I like to take my time and give things some thought. Never had buyers remorse but I have missed out on some things because I took too long to decide but I can't even remember what they were now.

RichardMango

Reaction score
I don't make impulsive purchases, I like to take my time and give things some thought. Never had buyers remorse but I have missed out on some things because I took too long to decide but I can't even remember what they were now.
I wish we could all be as smart as you...

NIKAL

Reaction score
I’ve had buyers remorse on several big purchases. Not because they were a problem, but just for the fact it was allot of money, and after the fact I start thinking maybe I should not have spent the money. Or convincing myself I did not need it. But a few weeks or month later I’m over it and ok.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… The only Buyers remorse I can remember is my 1963 Pontiac, Grand Prix… I got hosed… So unfortunately, I had to hose the next guy🤷🏽‍♀️

… Buyers remorse on one girlfriend… Elton Johns song Sugar Bear was written about her as well as …she says the Beach Boys …, fun fun, fun… Holy shit, where would I start?… Although I have posted many stories about her🤷🏽‍♀️