WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bullhead sxs trails???

primetime

Reaction score
So my son wants to go riding in bullhead for his birthday next month. I have never gone off-roading out there. Is there any good trails to hit with some exploring and trails to get topock maybe?

Joker

Reaction score
So my son wants to go riding in bullhead for his birthday next month. I have never gone off-roading out there. Is there any good trails to hit with some exploring and trails to get topock maybe?

We took Oatman road off the parkway to Oatman, then to golden shores then to Topock 2 weeks ago. Great ride.

As you get close to golden shores, you'll hit a great riding area off to the right. You can't miss it.

Last edited:

primetime

Reaction score
We took Oatman road off the parkway to Oatman, then to golden shores then to Topock 2 weeks ago. Great ride.

As you get close to golden shores, you'll hit a great riding area off to the right. You can't miss it.

So you did the pavement? Is there any washes or trails that way?

Joker

Reaction score
So you did the pavement? Is there any washes or trails that way?

Trails from the parkway to Oatman. Pavement to Topock. No issues with traffic, etc. I know some people take the trail along the electrical lines, but I'm not sure of the route.You will see areas to ride off the road as you get closer to Golden Shores.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Trails from the parkway to Oatman. Pavement to Topock. No issues with traffic, etc. I know some people take the trail along the electrical lines, but I'm not sure of the route.You will see areas to ride off the road as you get closer to Golden Shores.

Also known as power line roads..............Power Companys have installed them for years........

Aaron

Reaction score
Is there a road that goes from the bridge over the river in needles (by the marina) to topock?
Sorry to high jack the thread but someone else may be interested as well

Demoman

Reaction score
If you cross the bridge in Needles and are heading north on the 95 there is an AMPM on your left about 1/2 mile up. Make a right on that road and go east about 2 miles. The power plant will be on your left hand side. Pull into their dirt driveway and make a right heading east. Follow this dirt road about 1/3 mile up the hill. You will come to a pump station type dealio for the gas lines. Stop here and you will notice that there is a major sized trail running north to south, you really can't miss it. Make a right and this trail will run to Golden Shores and then on to Topock. There is a bar in Golden Shores called Hooches that has pretty good food and drinks. When you get close to Topock you will see signs that say no off roading. When you see these signs it is a good idea to head right/west towards the road and take the pavement the rest of the way, about 1/3 mile.

Aaron

Reaction score
If you cross the bridge in Needles and are heading north on the 95 there is an AMPM on your left about 1/2 mile up. Make a right on that road and go east about 2 miles. The power plant will be on your left hand side. Pull into their dirt driveway and make a right heading east. Follow this dirt road about 1/3 mile up the hill. You will come to a pump station type dealio for the gas lines. Stop here and you will notice that there is a major sized trail running north to south, you really can't miss it. Make a right and this trail will run to Golden Shores and then on to Topock. There is a bar in Golden Shores called Hooches that has pretty good food and drinks. When you get close to Topock you will see signs that say no off roading. When you see these signs it is a good idea to head right/west towards the road and take the pavement the rest of the way, about 1/3 mile.

Thanks brother. Thinking about checking this out in the SxS this weekend.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I do a lot of riding in Bullhead/Mojave Valley. That said, in Bullhead, the Black Hills trail is spectacular, see pictures below. This is my favorite ride and very technical in areas.

IMG00020.jpg IMG00026.jpg

The pole line rides to Golden Shores/ Topock and wash rides to Oatman are also way fun.

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
I do a lot of riding in Bullhead/Mojave Valley. That said, in Bullhead, the Black Hills trail is spectacular, see pictures below. This is my favorite ride and very technical in areas.

View attachment 312991 View attachment 312992

The pole line rides to Golden Shores/ Topock and wash rides to Oatman are also way fun.

Hey, thats my RZR behind your rhino. THAT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!

primetime

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try all of those. Where is a good place to leave truck and trailer for black hills?

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Where are those pics taken ? ? The Black Hills are the range east of the Colorado/ Mohave Valley area south of Union Pass down to the I40. Lots and Lot's :D of cool trails in this area. I'll be taking my nephews out on sat. up from Joy Lane to Oatman or secret pass. There is a cool Korean War memorial just South West of Spirit mountain, I'll try to find some pic's.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have been wanting to ride out to Oatman but just haven't had the time. Here's the map.

1016811_698789923469433_2011046488_n.jpg

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score

I have left messages with my buddy whom guided us last time, no response. I believe these are actually part of the White Hills, my mistake. I recall we drove to the end of the housing tracks near Laughlin Ranch golf course and hit the trail from there. Wish I had better intel, trying to get it and if I do I will post.

Relative to post line run to Golden Shores/Topock you can get to it a number of ways, we usually use King Street which we take until road ends then take the dirt road about 5 miles and then hit the trails to the right which all seem to merge into the pole road one way or another....