WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brand new MTI center console just arrived

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
FEBACBFC-335D-48B1-AF26-4515FEE44EC7.jpeg
A3D97287-6DFC-48A3-A9ED-4053C77A7CE2.jpeg
The hauler from MTI pulled up as I was picking up my boat from Barrett, apparently some brand new model that they are rolling out at the street fair, just arrived from the factory.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Interesting "flair" feature on the t-top...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a 42 slot fee to me? What’s new about it?

Headless hula

Reaction score
Text with Tim G. from MTI this week. They’re rollin deep to DS this year. Bringing their A game.
Should be pretty easy to take some of that dcb money with boats that run. Lolololol....

I jest... I jest....

After reading about the "Rough water" at the Powell run last year, who ran, and who stayed at the dock, should be pretty easy grabbing a few new customers....

:p:p:p

Tank

Reaction score
Should be pretty easy to take some of that dcb money with boats that run. Lolololol....

I jest... I jest....

After reading about the "Rough water" at the Powell run last year, who ran, and who stayed at the dock, should be pretty easy grabbing a few new customers....

:p:p:p

It’s funny, you got guys that have gone from one to the other and some that own both. You own either boat you can afford either boat. I think each boat offers something a little different and don’t think for a second buyers are ignorant of what exactly they’re buying. You spend upwards and over a million on a boat, you’ve done your homework and are getting what you expect.

Headless hula

Reaction score
It’s funny, you got guys that have gone from one to the other and some that own both. You own either boat you can afford either boat. I think each boat offers something a little different and don’t think for a second buyers are ignorant of what exactly they’re buying. You spend upwards and over a million on a boat, you’ve done your homework and are getting what you expect.
I didn't spend shit. I just pissed my pants laughing reading about the center pod boats staying at the dock, while the boaters, .... well, went boating...;)

Tank

Reaction score
I didn't spend shit. I just pissed my pants laughing reading about the center pod boats staying at the dock, while the boaters, .... well, went boating...;)

I know. I get it. I used to actually bash DCB pretty hard...until I spent some time on a few. I was sold. I’ve ridden in plenty of big cats (MTI’s Skaters Nortechs DCB’s etc). They all have something a little different to offer. I’m sure people flock to DCB and they continue to be back logged on sales for a reason. ;)

With that said. This threads about MTI. MTI’s are beautiful well built well handling boats and are race proven. Randy’s a good dude and I’ve know Tim since he was with cigarette in the mid 2000’s. They’re all bad ass to me!

Headless hula

Reaction score
I know. I get it. I used to actually bash DCB pretty hard...until I spent some time on a few. I was sold. I’ve ridden in plenty of big cats (MTI’s Skaters Nortechs DCB’s etc). They all offer something a little different to offer. I’m sure people flock to DCB and they continue to be back logged on sales for a reason. ;)

With that said. This threads about MTI. MTI’s are beautiful well built well handling boats and are race proven. Randy’s a good dude and I’ve know Tim since he was with cigarette in the early 2000’s. They’re all bad ass to me!
While I'll agree that a dcb is a bad bitch....

In my eyes, it's a posers boat. Caters to the heylam crowd.

Just my brutally honest 2 cents. :)

They're gorgeous works of art, I'd never take that away.

Anyway.... aren't you looking for a cigarette or an apache? :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
While I'll agree that a dcb is a bad bitch....

In my eyes, it's a posers boat. Caters to the heylam crowd.

Just my brutally honest 2 cents. :)

They're gorgeous works of art, I'd never take that away.

Anyway.... aren't you looking for a cigarette or an apache? :)

A DCB is a Lamborghini. They can be close to as fast as an all out race boat, but they aren’t race boats. They can kill you just as fast if you don’t respect them in any situation. I get why some would be nervous. Same reason the Lamborghini guys take their cars out to dinner and not to the track.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
View attachment 747494 View attachment 747495 The hauler from MTI pulled up as I was picking up my boat from Barrett, apparently some brand new model that they are rolling out at the street fair, just arrived from the factory.
Saw your boat out front yesterday morning. It’s a good looking boat in photos but i never really felt it... but in person it truly pops off way better than photographs. The trailer came out tits as well!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Ocean boat, I’d be bar hopping the Florida Keys in it. Then..... fishing on the way back. Bad ass!!

this would be great if I had a place in Florida, if I won lottery, I guess I could buy a house there with the boat. for now tho, the only thing I know is west coast boating, so to run a big v on havasu, Mohave or even Powell would be great... I doubt you would spill a drop of champagne in that thing on a blown out day.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Tim G. from MTI said They’re rollin deep to DS this year. Bringing their A game. Making Barrett their base of operation ;)
Not that I will be buying an MTI in the foreseeable future, but really looking forward to seeing their offerings. I have a shit-ton of stuff I should be doing, but rolling out for the street fair... I guess I look at the MTI's as the amphibious equivalent of a supercar. The wide body cats are all in that same category to me, but the MTI exemplifies the ideas and the styling. The CC's aren't near as, "sexy" to me, but I can tell you this, I'd be hauling that thing everywhere! Hittin' Cheeseland and the Pacific Northwest in the summer, south to the Bay Area...to Catalina, San Diego...East to the Keys...Hit LOTO in there somewhere.

It would be a lifestyle of driving and boating... Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Question I have about the big Center consoles.

I imagine most of the bigger boats 40' +++ stay slipped and are too big for trailers. How in the word do you keep the boat and interior nice sitting out in the elements 24/7?

That's a bad ass MTI!

milkmoney

Reaction score

I imagine most of the bigger boats 40' +++ stay slipped and are too big for trailers. How in the word do you keep the boat and interior nice sitting out in the elements 24/7?

That's a bad ass MTI!
I think they have people....[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That's a bad ass MTI!

Boat is sold in 12-18 months. That is the next guy's problem.

The real solution is rack storage. Coming to a Lake Havasu near you in the 22nd century. :)

Tank

Reaction score
Boat is sold in 12-18 months. That is the next guy's problem.

The real solution is rack storage. Coming to a Lake Havasu near you in the 22nd century. :)

LOL, you joke but it's dudes like this that would absolutely rack store their boats at Havasu because they're used to doing so in Florida and like the concierge service. Guys from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Kansans, Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado, Etc. etc. would keep their boats in a rack because the season is longer and they could roll into town and their boat would be ready to go at the dock when they got into town. These dudes that roll like that, like that type of service. Trust me, I've seen it for years in Florida, it will be a goldmine in Havasu. I know you don't agree and think it's stupid but I really think it would actually be sold out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOL, you joke but it's dudes like this that would absolutely rack store their boats at Havasu because they're used to doing so in Florida and like the concierge service. Guys from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Kansans, Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado, Etc. etc. would keep their boats in a rack because the season is longer and they could roll into town and their boat would be ready to go at the dock when they got into town. These dudes that roll like that, like that type of service. Trust me, I've seen it for years in Florida, it will be a goldmine in Havasu. I know you don't agree and think it's stupid but I really think it would actually be sold out.

I agree, this is the EXACT use case and client for rack storage. But that same client is not going to stay in the Heat, or some condo or small house for the weekend. If you have that much money, you buy a house and a truck and keep the boat in the 80' garage. You would not rack your boat in Havasu and make that kind of investment in 1 location without a place to stay.

I just don't think there are 300 people that desire to keep their boat in Havasu without a permanent residence to justify the expense of the facility build out. If there was 30-40 large boats around Havasu any given weekend, it would be a different story and there would be demand for the offering. There are usually like 5 unless it is a big weekend.

Last edited:

Headless hula

Reaction score
Ever heard of a cover?
This boat sits on a lift for 6 mo out the year and the interior looks fantastic. Keeps it clean himself.
He owned it for 10 years.
20190201_124308.jpg
20190128_180407.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
I agree, this is the EXACT use case and client for rack storage. But that same client is not going to stay in the Heat, or some condo or small house for the weekend. If you have that much money, you buy a house and a truck and keep the boat in the 80' garage. You would not rack your boat in Havasu and make that kind of investment in 1 location without a place to stay.

I just don't think there are 300 people that desire to keep their boat in Havasu without a permanent residence to justify the expense of the facility build out. If there was 30-40 large boats around Havasu any given weekend, it would be a different story and there would be demand for the offering. There are usually like 5 unless it is a big weekend.

I think you'd be surprised. And I think you'll see a lot more big boats when / if the rack storage comes. These guys want ease. Owning a house and dragging it to the lake etc is not what they're looking for. They'll rent an lake front condo or room and LBR or Nautical, fly their private planes in or drive in from vegas and step out of their car on to their boat. I'm telling you, this is how it's done in Florida all-day-long.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised. And I think you'll see a lot more big boats when / if the rack storage comes. These guys want ease. Owning a house and dragging it to the lake etc is not what they're looking for. They'll rent an lake front condo or room and LBR or Nautical, fly their private planes in or drive in from vegas and step out of their car on to their boat. I'm telling you, this is how it's done in Florida all-day-long.

Agreed, and I believe you, the facility itself will drive some demand. The difference is housing in Havasu with boat storage is relatively affordable. It is going to be a chicken and the egg thing. There are no facilities even down there there yet and wont be for awhile.

Do you think people are not bringing these large boat's to Havasu today because of storage challenges or because the owners need to put the boats in the water themselves? All of those challenges are solvable today, it only takes $$.

I'm not well versed enough in luxury to hang out with these "fly in" guys all the time, but I know a hand full of them. They all have houses and keep boats there.

Maybe mid west or back east guys would not make that investment?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Saw your boat out front yesterday morning. It’s a good looking boat in photos but i never really felt it... but in person it truly pops off way better than photographs. The trailer came out tits as well!
Thx, appreciate the compliment.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
All of that looks like a lot of machinery to put in the hands of a tweeker :)

Super cool facilities!
LMFAO!! You should see the dudes running those million dollar fork lifts. Straight out of the Bahamas, Dominican, Cuba, etc. Swing those things around like a freaking smart car! LOL