WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Names

Lumpy

Reaction score
Been thinking about renaming my boat to Hallettlujah

maxresdefault.jpg

Blue Oval

Reaction score
The RIB is named Phoenix, it had 10 inch letters down both sides. It was the name of the yacht it came off. Buddy works for the yacht sales where the guy traded it in.
IMG_4749.jpeg

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Financed last boat so it was “Deeper in Debt”

Refinanced house to pay cash for this one and it is “Liquid Equity”

(Note: refinance was done in the low interest days. Lol)

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Grew up on my Grandfather's Eliminator named 'Budget Breaker'. He passed a few years before I got my first boat. Asked My Grandmother if she would like me to keep the name going and name my new boat 'Budget Breaker II'. She smiled and said of course.

Next boat was named by my wife. 'She Loves the Deck'
View attachment 1281070

Built our new boat and I really wanted to name her 'Blown Budget' to incorporate my Grandpa's boat with our new build. We definitely blew our budget, and of course the blower on the 600sci... Wife shot that down. She's not into the sentimental stuff. LOL! 'Big Deck Energy' was my next choice, she shot that down as well.

'She Loves the Deck II' it is...
View attachment 1281071
I guess there's no need for "Keepin 'er Moist" since
'She Loves the Deck"😁🤣

Familyties

Reaction score
Back in the mid 70's used to go to Needles Marina, I think it was Jellystone Park then. My buddies boat was called "Bow Movement"
16 or 17 foot circle race boat with v drive with big block ford in it, Great times skiing with hardly any other boats on the river.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm okay with the current boat's name, a 236 Eliminator Eagle as FREE BIRD, but the one liked the most and got the most comments on, was our 220 Eagle called " Justa Fledgling".

Neverbowdown

Reaction score
oh but it was a midlife crisis! as well as his Super Sanger, his capsule boat, his supercharged Tahoe, his slammed square body dually, his Targa 911. I knew it was a real problem when he bought a 450 King Ranch, he was a die hard Chevy guy🤣
Glad he finally came around! 🤣😁😂

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… My 18 foot Sanger Runner Bottom is named…”Flat Broke”… I hate the name maybe because sometimes the truth hurts.🤷🏽‍♀️
…My liveaboard from many years ago was named…Dreadlock Rose… I have no clue as to where I came up with that name… possibly because it was the Bob Marley era???… I don’t know???…
… My Spectra 24 is still unnamed… maybe I should call it the…”Driveway Adonis”… would be kind of fitting…

farmo83

Reaction score
I saw this bad boy at a meet up. After a few hours I've never seen a boat name the fit the driver like a glove

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924_221832_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924_221832_Facebook.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I enjoy hearing everyones stories and ideas. Last boat was named; One Track Mind. Didn't name the current boat yet. Might consider "Silver Tongued" or "Silver Fox" since boat is mostly silver and I have chrome highlights nowadays. Going to definitely name the jet boat when it comes into our stable.

papabear639

Reaction score
Named my 78 Howard, "Pops Would've". I bought the boat from a good friend of mine, he invited me out to Needles to go out for a ride before I decided to buy it...after the ride, I told him I'd be in touch (I needed time to try to talk myself out of it instead of into it lol) I drove to my aunts house in Havasu later that day and pulled up in front of her house with no boat in tow "wheres the new boat???" she asked...I said "I need time to think it over I can't just BUY it!" she replied back "Thats lame...your Pops would've!" and I replied to her..."Yeah I know, Pops Would've loved that boat too".
I had just lost my Dad a few months prior, I was raised at the river and he always talked about getting a hot rod boat, he moved to Havasu shortly before he passed away and mention a few time that when he got to feeling better he was going to buy a boat...He never made it...so I knew that day when I called my buddy and told him I was in, I would name it "Pops Would've".
I called Howard and found out who does their lettering, they sent me to Mike Venditto...He's done their stuff forever...He even painted my dads hat on it. If anyone needs anything lettered Mike is AWESOME!

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 61
  • pops_wouldve_classic2.png
    pops_wouldve_classic2.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • london bridge.jpg
    london bridge.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 65

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
It’s not painted on but I’ve always said given my family the boat’s name is “Mixed Nuts”.

No way am I carrying on my fathers race boat name of “Golden Commode II”. That can be quietly forgotten.

We did however have a jet boat called “Devil’s Advocate” and the number to match: 666. We got a LOT of odd looks anywhere we went. Someone even painted over the number once with spray paint when it was parked. We thought the whole thing was a lawyer joke, I guess some thought we were the anti-Christ.

Jack Williams Golden Commode?

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Named my 78 Howard, "Pops Would've". I bought the boat from a good friend of mine, he invited me out to Needles to go out for a ride before I decided to buy it...after the ride, I told him I'd be in touch (I needed time to try to talk myself out of it instead of into it lol) I drove to my aunts house in Havasu later that day and pulled up in front of her house with no boat in tow "wheres the new boat???" she asked...I said "I need time to think it over I can't just BUY it!" she replied back "Thats lame...your Pops would've!" and I replied to her..."Yeah I know, Pops Would've loved that boat too".
I had just lost my Dad a few months prior, I was raised at the river and he always talked about getting a hot rod boat, he moved to Havasu shortly before he passed away and mention a few time that when he got to feeling better he was going to buy a boat...He never made it...so I knew that day when I called my buddy and told him I was in, I would name it "Pops Would've".
I called Howard and found out who does their lettering, they sent me to Mike Venditto...He's done their stuff forever...He even painted my dads hat on it. If anyone needs anything lettered Mike is AWESOME!
Great story and boat!!

Dr Rob

Reaction score
Beautiful boat

TonyFanelli

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20231011_140825.jpg
    20231011_140825.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 20231011_140842.jpg
    20231011_140842.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 20231011_141014.jpg
    20231011_141014.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 20231011_141037.jpg
    20231011_141037.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231011_141214.jpg
    20231011_141214.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39

papabear639

Reaction score
If we can throw cars in on this one...might as well add the OLDMANN to the mix. 64 bug I've called the "grumpy old man" since the day I bought it it...finicky old fucker fought me the whole way through the build! lol

Attachments

• Fuchs.jpg
    Fuchs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
If we can throw cars in on this one...might as well add the OLDMANN to the mix. 64 bug I've called the "grumpy old man" since the day I bought it it...finicky old fucker fought me the whole way through the build! lol
That's a sweet ride!!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Nice!! Loves them 69's is it a Mach 1? Here's some of mine...😁
it will be when I'm done. she is a fastback and has the side scoops but there is a Boss 302 under the hood. I have the complete graphics kit and ram air/shaker to turn her into a Mach1 outwardly tho

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Never named the first boat…. Just called it the Mariah. 18’ Mariah.

When we sold that and bought the 24’ Mariah …. It seemed huge.. plate says it can hold 15 people.

LIQUID LIMO

That was 22 years ago and she’s still hanging around.