WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Names

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
What did you name your boat? If you were to rename it, what'd be?

Attachments

• m1f.jpg
    m1f.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20230908_133513.jpg
    20230908_133513.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 138

Apex svt

Reaction score
Guy named Eric Smith had 5 Hustlers all named Mean Streak (4 Slingshots, 1 Rockit) this was his final Slingshot.

I’d assume it was named after the old Apache race boat but can’t confirm. Love it, wouldn’t change it.
IMG_3141.jpeg
IMG_1468.jpeg

farmo83

Reaction score
I actually wanted to name it "All Lit Up" but the boat attracts enough attention as it is. I didn't want any more reason for a "safety check"

I settled on Family Tradition for a few reasons.

1. I've always liked the song and Hank Williams
2. My whole family for a few generations has brought go fast boats from California to Texas.
3. Boating as always been a family affair.

Attachments

• Boat Name.jpg
    Boat Name.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 51

Blue Oval

Reaction score
H20 Excursion. Both PQ had that name. A friend with cancer was over to the house, I had the 290 PQ hooked to my Ford Excursion. Tony turned to me and said, you now have a water excurion and a land excursion. The following week I named the boat. Named the 38 PQ H20 Excurion II. Sadly my buddy Tony is not here. I sold the Boats, Last time I saw the 38, it still had that name on it. Our current Center Console is named Gabrielle. Our little dog is Fiona. The names came from the old show Burn Notice. Not the cartoon.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
SLAPAHO
HMS Ben Dover
SoSueMe (I am married to a lawyer)
M.T. Pockets

I can think of a LOT more. Lol

sirbob

Reaction score
It’s not painted on the boat but I do have towels and Tshirts with the boat name on it.

Last boat - Platinum sole

This boat - Nero Sole

One of my favorite boats was named - Bar Bar Bar and had it painted as a slot machine would display it.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Grew up on my Grandfather's Eliminator named 'Budget Breaker'. He passed a few years before I got my first boat. Asked My Grandmother if she would like me to keep the name going and name my new boat 'Budget Breaker II'. She smiled and said of course.

Next boat was named by my wife. 'She Loves the Deck'
IMG_6099.JPG

Built our new boat and I really wanted to name her 'Blown Budget' to incorporate my Grandpa's boat with our new build. We definitely blew our budget, and of course the blower on the 600sci... Wife shot that down. She's not into the sentimental stuff. LOL! 'Big Deck Energy' was my next choice, she shot that down as well.

'She Loves the Deck II' it is...
IMG_4911.JPG

Done-it-again

Reaction score
$Laundered Funds$

I do a lot of work for the industrial laundry market. I just need to find my next boat.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Grew up on my Grandfather's Eliminator named 'Budget Breaker'. He passed a few years before I got my first boat. Asked My Grandmother if she would like me to keep the name going and name my new boat 'Budget Breaker II'. She smiled and said of course.

Next boat was named by my wife. 'She Loves the Deck'
View attachment 1281070

Built our new boat and I really wanted to name her 'Blown Budget' to incorporate my Grandpa's boat with our new build. We definitely blew our budget, and of course the blower on the 600sci... Wife shot that down. She's not into the sentimental stuff. LOL! 'Big Deck Energy' was my next choice, she shot that down as well.

'She Loves the Deck II' it is...
View attachment 1281071
That's Awesome!!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
H20 Excursion. Both PQ had that name. A friend with cancer was over to the house, I had the 290 PQ hooked to my Ford Excursion. Tony turned to me and said, you now have a water excurion and a land excursion. The following week I named the boat. Named the 38 PQ H20 Excurion II. Sadly my buddy Tony is not here. I sold the Boats, Last time I saw the 38, it still had that name on it. Our current Center Console is named Gabrielle. Our little dog is Fiona. The names came from the old show Burn Notice. Not the cartoon.
That was a good show and Fiona was hot!

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
oh but it was a midlife crisis! as well as his Super Sanger, his capsule boat, his supercharged Tahoe, his slammed square body dually, his Targa 911. I knew it was a real problem when he bought a 450 King Ranch, he was a die hard Chevy guy🤣
🤣🤣

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
It’s not painted on but I’ve always said given my family the boat’s name is “Mixed Nuts”.

No way am I carrying on my fathers race boat name of “Golden Commode II”. That can be quietly forgotten.

We did however have a jet boat called “Devil’s Advocate” and the number to match: 666. We got a LOT of odd looks anywhere we went. Someone even painted over the number once with spray paint when it was parked. We thought the whole thing was a lawyer joke, I guess some thought we were the anti-Christ.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
It’s not painted on but I’ve always said given my family the boat’s name is “Mixed Nuts”.

No way am I carrying on my fathers race boat name of “Golden Commode II”. That can be quietly forgotten.

We did however have a jet boat called “Devil’s Advocate” and the number to match: 666. We got a LOT of odd looks anywhere we went. Someone even painted over the number once with spray paint when it was parked. We thought the whole thing was a lawyer joke, I guess some thought we were the anti-Christ.
Yea, I photoshopped a couple of other "politically incorrect" ones...dunno if I want to put up with the flack tho🙃

Attachments

• 20230922_152053.jpg
    20230922_152053.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 90
  • m1j.jpg
    m1j.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 87

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Yea, I photoshopped a couple of other "politically incorrect" ones...dunno if I want to put up with the flack tho🙃
Honestly it was fun for awhile and then it got old. We kept the name but changed the number to 12 for the remainder of our time ski racing with that boat.

Prior to that though, someone at some point handed us license plates for the boat trailer that said 2DMS666. I felt the boat was enough, didn’t need to go all in with the trailer. I still have the plates somewhere.

farmo83

Reaction score
Long time family friend made his money owning an electrical company. He named his brand new at the time eliminator "HIgh Voltage"

He sold that boat after a while and bought an eliminator with bob teague motors that bob got up to 145.

He named that boat "High Voltage 144+"

Lumpy

Reaction score
Pacific Pearl,

Hallett 270 saw me through raising my Son alone from divorce to now. Honestly can’t believe I still have the “Pearl”. She has been painful but brought my Son Luke and I joy through the years. Four engine rebuilds, last one done myself, two outdrives later…Luke graduated from high school and is in his fourth year of college soon to role into Cal Poly.

The name,

Pacific Pearl

Attachments

• IMG_2477.jpeg
    IMG_2477.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: